New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Help with BBEG

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Help with BBEG

So I am thinking of making an epic level campaign with my last month of summer because I am forced to babysit for much of the week.

My idea is a high level wizard that has a perfect plan laid out, my issue is contingent plans. Is there a way, by RAW/RAI, to have his spell book be destroyed upon his death. Clone and a second spell book will let him continue his plan until he can be resurrected, but how could I have his original spell book stay out of the hands of enemies?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Help with BBEG

Well, he is an epic level wizard right? You could either us a contingency + any damaging spell to destroy the book or simply put it in your demi plane after you are done preparing spells.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Bad idea from a realism standpoint. Why destroy it? It's massively valuable and kept under protections that should be literally impregnable right next to his clone. The 'spellbook' they find on his corpse has one spell in it, 100+times. Explosive Runes Who carries around a real spellbook after level 15?
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!
    Avatar by the incredible CrimsonAngel.
    Saph:It's surprising how many problems can be solved by one druid spell combined with enough aggression.
    I play primarily 3.5 D&D. Most of my advice will be based off of this. If my advice doesn't apply, specify a version in your post.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Seconding a "why would he have it on him?" philosophy. Alternatively, there's the option of a contingent Teleport Object spell, although that's traceable and probably won't go through whatever anti-teleportation wards the BBEG has on his own sanctum - he'll need to send it somewhere different.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

I agree with Tallkid. Why destroy the book, instead of teleporting it to wherever the clone is?
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.