New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: An E6 Question

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default An E6 Question

I'm going to be starting an E6 game soon and I want to take the stance on material that "if it exists you can use it." There will be a few caveats obviously, anything too odd will have to be passed by me first and if you manage to break the game I reserve the right as DM to tell you that it doesn't work.

Anyway what the question is, is this- are there any classes that don't work well with E6? Either rules wise or thematically. I'm already planning on a couple feats for Favored Souls to let them get their wings and possibly the Dragon Shaman to let them get theirs (along with some of their other draconic abilities). But has anyone run into any classes that flat out don't work as written?
    ~Nostri, frequent lurker and periodic poster

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    I agree with this plan. Any terraforming plan involving Thermite is a good plan.
    Homebrew Creations
    Spoiler
    Show

Races
    The Arachnadae- WiP

Classes
    Templar- Finished, mostly
    Priest-WiP

Feats
    Sever Limb- WiP
    Sacred Vow/Vow of Poverty Redux- WiP

WiP stands for Work in Progress so please, go and discuss, critique, give suggestions etc.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: An E6 Question

I can't think of anything off the top of my head; in E6, some fighty PrCs even work as base classes (like the Duelist). However, I will suggest you take a look at Races of Faerun; it has some race-specific feats to allow wings on planetouched, which might be what you're looking for.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

I adjusted spell progression for paladins and known spells for sorcerers, since they sorta get shafted and giving them a modest power increase doesn't hurt.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kemper Boyd View Post
    I adjusted spell progression for paladins and known spells for sorcerers, since they sorta get shafted and giving them a modest power increase doesn't hurt.
    Well, when they get the extra feats after 6th level, Sorcerers can always take Extra Spell to give them some depth of 3rd level spells.

I've never been a fan of Paladin or Ranger spellcasting, so it doesn't bother me.
    Out of wine comes truth, out of truth the vision clears, and with vision soon appears a grand design. From the grand design we can understand the world. And when you understand the world, you need a lot more wine.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

I'm designing an E10ish setting and removed spellcasting for rangers entirely and went with the suggestion to give a bonus feat at 4th and 8th level. Would work for paladins too.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
    I'm designing an E10ish setting and removed spellcasting for rangers entirely and went with the suggestion to give a bonus feat at 4th and 8th level. Would work for paladins too.
    It would work, but since my group doesn't have a cleric, I wanted the paladin to be a little better at healing.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Kemper Boyd View Post
    It would work, but since my group doesn't have a cleric, I wanted the paladin to be a little better at healing.
    How about at 4th and 8th level, you increase the multiplier they get? Instead of level * Charisma bonus, how about level * (Charisma bonus + 1), then level * (Charisma bonus +2). Put it as an increase for all Paladin powers based on Charisma, meaning a Paladin can pump another stat.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

When I see "E6" I think of Derek Jeter