Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Updating Tuckers Kobolds for 3.5

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    The problem with this is Tucker was the real world creator of these kobolds, a staff sergeant from Fort Bragg. Putting him in doesn't really make sense at all, as he never was in the campaign the kobolds originated from, he was the DM.
    I could see it being fun for the DM, though. The PCs see the note, think "That's...a weird name for a kobold...?", look online after the session to see if it's a reference to something, find that it is a reference to something, read that something, and quake in abject terror until the next session.

Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.

Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    I'm pretty sure turning Waterdeep into a sheet of glass wasn't the best win condition for that fight. We lived though!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiDuRaritry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'DiceLost View Post
    <Snip>
    Where are my Like, Love, and Want to Have Your Manchildren (Totally Homo) buttons for this post?
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Post Re: Updating Tuckers Kobolds for 3.5

That would be hilarious. And then, you give them a few rooms of regular kobolds to calm them, then BANG! Tucker's kobold's come.
    -- The Dragon
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

You could also do stuff with poison and treasure. Set up a variety of encounters where the players are convinced to interact with contact poisons because they feel the reward will be worth it...

For extra credit, create your own poisons that don't affect kobolds for whatever reason, then coat all the kobolds magic items in the stuff.
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

4. - Top - End - #34

For extra credit, create your own poisons that don't affect kobolds for whatever reason, then coat all the kobolds magic items in the stuff.
    Contact poison+kobolds wearing gloves=poison that doesn't affect kobolds.
    -- The Dragon
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Elite View Post
    Contact poison+kobolds wearing gloves=poison that doesn't affect kobolds.
    Also, potentially rather obvious. Unless you set things up right, the fact that the kobold is wearing gloves will be an alarm bell to the PC's that something's amiss, simply because most kobolds are unlikely to be wearing gloves (I would assume). I was thinking something that only counted as poisonous to specific creature types or favoured enemy groupings- sort of the same way the chocolate is poisonous to dogs but not humans...

Besides, doing it this way allows you slather the insides of a pair of bracers with CON poison and have nobody suspect a thing right up until the meat-shield or the rogue puts them on. Also, spell-storage items covered in INT poison could be fun.
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

6. - Top - End - #36

In one room, somewhere, you need no traps, just a dragonwrought loredrake kobold with greater draconic rite of passage.

Also, dont forget that kobolds get slight build now, allowing their tunnels to be even smaller.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Firbolg in the Playground

Great Kobold Cheif Too-Kor. Name solved.

Wanna make it hard for Casters to bork your dungeon? Constrict the corridors. While casting in a constricted corridor, you ALWAYs have to make a concentration check to cast, unless you're a small creature. Give fighters offensive penalties, but defensive bonuses.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

8. - Top - End - #38

Have a kobold with a level of blackguard and you can not poison yourself accidentally.

And also, what about orange gloves?
    -- The Dragon
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39

The "Staircase"
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is an illusion of a staircase. If you step in it, (DC 16 reflex stops) you fall and take 2d6 damage. And you have to climb 20 feet up a half illusory spike wall. Kobolds come from the top of the staircase and pour acid on you (1d8 acid).
    -- The Dragon
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

Suspicious things you can put in safe spots just to mess with your players-

Mirrors,
    Writing,
    A plate with utensils set on either side,
    A chair glued to the ceiling,
    A painting of one of the players,
    A piece of paper spiked into a wall that says "If you're reading this, it's too late to avoid the trap,"
    A huge pile of skeleton corpses,
    A painting of a player looking at a painting of player,
    A large rope, both easily broken and visible, going from one side of the room to another.
    Stone rocks arranged in strange positions,
    A doorway in the middle of the room that serves no purpose,
    Stairs in the middle of the room that serve no purpose,
    A skull from each of the core races, positioned one next to the other on the wall.
    Last edited by Strawman; 2009-08-20 at 08:07 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41

Sweet. And then...
    Nothing happens.
    Last edited by Dragon Elite; 2009-08-20 at 10:17 PM.
    -- The Dragon
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Oh man, I can picture the kobolds pouring poison in a pile of golden pieces+treasure, and then hiding in barrels. The PC's come in, get the treasure, and start to feel weak , then kobolds come.
    "I'd rather DM to nice heroes than powerful slashers."
    Im a fan of dungeons.

GENERATION 15: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Better yet--every area has a pile of a few skulls/skeletons from common races dressed up to look like trophies on display, and appropriate Knowledge skills will let the PCs identify them. First they see some halfling skeletons, then in the next area they see a bunch of human skeletons, then some dwarves, then a mixed bunch (like an adventuring party) and so on until you get to things like ogres or giants.

Eventually, they reach a region with no skulls, and they feel proud for making it farther than anyone else could. Then, after a few clear areas, they come into a room where some kobold illusionists have created a pile of three balor skulls with a pit fiend's on top....
    Last edited by PairO'Dice Lost; 2009-08-21 at 07:41 AM.
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.

Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    I'm pretty sure turning Waterdeep into a sheet of glass wasn't the best win condition for that fight. We lived though!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiDuRaritry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'DiceLost View Post
    <Snip>
    Where are my Like, Love, and Want to Have Your Manchildren (Totally Homo) buttons for this post?
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

For higher level versions, I can imagine having fun with a dominate person trap. Lower levels might see similar things done with Charm Person traps- with casters a decent way down the hallway using Message to make suggestions like "stab the wizard" or "amazing how cold it is down here, why not warm all your friends up with a fireball at point-blank range."

Iron bars can be added as appropriate to block the advance of the party whilst letting through the message spells.

For a more comprehensive thrashing here, soften them up by spamming touch of idiocy spells by whatever means during the lead-up to this encounter.
    Last edited by Mercenary Pen; 2009-08-21 at 09:31 AM.
    Part of YugiohITP

15. - Top - End - #45

How about a maze of iron bars and murder holes above you?
    -- The Dragon
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

I still think making the entire dungeon a wild magic zone would do much for this, as it doesn't completely gimp casters of all sorts, casters just have to think more carefully about what they're casting, as their higher level effects are more likely to go completely awry and it's hard to optimize to resist the effect (who seriously has a build that's specifically resistant to wild magic, really? Unless Wild Mage has built in resistance, i'm not seeing it). Plus, given the kobolds have probably been the area for a long while and have inured to the effects somewhat, you could give their casters a bonus feat, such as either of the following:

Resist the Wild
    You've spent some time in a wild magic zone and have learned to somewhat overcome the chaos to cast successfully more often.
    Prerequisites: Live 3 months in a wild magic zone.
    Benefit: You get a +4 bonus on level checks made to overcome a wild magic zone's effect.

Embrace the Wild
    You've spent some time in a wild magic zone and have learned that by taking in the chaotic magics, you have more control over the effect they have on your spells.
    Prerequisites: Live 3 months in a wild magic zone.
    Benefit: You cannot resist the effects of a wild magic zone. However, when you roll on the wild magic table, you may adjust your result up or down one category. For example, if you rolled at 67, you could choose instead of not casting the spell without expending costs to cast normally.
    Normal: You can resist the effects of a wild magic zone but what you roll on the wild magic table is the effect you get.

So, either you go the path of boring "I'm more resistant to Wild Magic Zones!" (probably the path taken by clerics of Kurtalmak) or you can choose to have a bit of control on what you get, especially that Spell Enhancer effect on a 99-100. =3

Them's my 2 coppers. Take as you will.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

17. - Top - End - #47

Great idea, but what about potions?
    Potion

{table=head] Roll | Result
    1-50 | Nothing, potion works normally
    51-75 | Potion does opposite( hurts instead of heals, +10 damage instead of -10, etc)
    76-100 | Potion gives no effect.[/table]
    -- The Dragon
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48

When you rest,
    Spoiler
    Show
    The kobolds pour acid or oil on you. If they used oil, they then light you on fire
    -- The Dragon
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Elite View Post
    When you rest,
    Spoiler
    Show
    The kobolds pour acid or oil on you. If they used oil, they then light you on fire
    Provided the adventurers were dumb enough to not set up watches or didn't try to leave before continuing in, that is. Anybody is gonna take advantage of schmucks who don't guard their buddies while they sleep.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Multi-Person buffs work wonders, as well... Anything to give a big group of little Kobold Archers a +2 on ATK rolls, or a +1 on DMG would go a very long way to enhance the dealiness... Dragon Shaman Aura's are a good way to effect multiple allies at the same time. If they're particularly competant at ending the lives of incoming adventurers, it wouldn't be unreasonable to populate them with a few +1, +2 or Flaming/Shocking/Frost weapons... Not to mention armor and shields...
    If cover is sparse, you can have them fight with Roman tactics, in a phalanx. 'Bolds with Tower Shields in the front line, 'Bolds with Longspears a row back jabbing from behind the shield wall, and finally a few rows of archers/slingers to attack from afar. This works especially well if you can find a way to make the front lines somewhat meatier. The slingers can still hock splash weapons... This makes them somewhat susceptable to area spells, but there are several pack-tactics for dealing with casters. Numbers can easily shut down a caster with readied actions to disrupt, and provided the front line is keeping a good defense and the 'enemy' healer is targeted first, you can set it up for a pressure-kill or rout...

21. - Top - End - #51
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by readsaboutd&d View Post
    In 3.5, we now need countercasters/antimagic fields/intensive action with no time to rest/... to stop casters. And what about something magic and solid + an antimagic field.
    At low PC level, AMFs are not needed to debilitate spellcasters. A single kobold with high Dex can dart in and steal spell component pouches or holy symbols. There are lots of ways to break spellcaster concentration (such as having burning oil pouring on your head, for example). Spellcasters need rest to prepare spells and this is easy to prevent by surprise attacks and other distractions. If the kobolds have magic then Silence is a way to really annoy spellcasters (as well as aiding any other sneak tactics). While spellcasters can get round these hazards though the proper feats and planning, they can still make things very difficult indeed.

Reading this thread makes me consider that in normal D&D play, PCs have too much of an easy time, rarely needing to think about tactics beyond "rush in and kill everything". Kobolds are weak monsters of average intelligence (Int 10) and are capable of screwing more powerful characters over relatively easily, given leadership and time to prepare. In the D&D world there are many monster races whose average Int is higher than that of a human genius; fighting such creatures should be really, really hard.
    Last edited by Kami2awa; 2009-09-07 at 05:00 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

Just a little update - I'm going to be using almost all the things discussed here on Thursday night. I'm using the dungeon area's and some scaled up and down areas for the PC's.

Here's a question - what would you say is a appropriate reward in a low magic campaign for taking on such a daunting group of kobolds.
    Never forget you are the walls of steel and iron, between Mankind and a thousand horrors too unspeakable to name. You are the walls of Hell.

My warhammer 40000 Blog: http://bewaretheskinks.blogspot.com/

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grifthin View Post
    Just a little update - I'm going to be using almost all the things discussed here on Thursday night. I'm using the dungeon area's and some scaled up and down areas for the PC's.

Here's a question - what would you say is a appropriate reward in a low magic campaign for taking on such a daunting group of kobolds.
    Kobolds are miners, so if they can clear out the kobolds, they can get access to the mine that they're nesting in. It would explain why they bothered to dig all the little passages and whatnot, which are following mineral veins.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

24. - Top - End - #54

Everyone who's contributed something to this thread wins an internet.
    Vespe Ratavo slowly destroys the GRIMDARKNESS of Warhammer 40K

Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Said by Vespe Ratavo

Stealing romance novels from the tech-priests...we've seriously hit a new low...
    Destro says:
    Ok, it's allowed this once, but only because it gives Vespe the chance to crack awesome jokes

Vespe says:
    That could really be used to justify anything...

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

Let's Play Space Empires V

25. - Top - End - #55

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    Also, potentially rather obvious. Unless you set things up right, the fact that the kobold is wearing gloves will be an alarm bell to the PC's that something's amiss, simply because most kobolds are unlikely to be wearing gloves (I would assume). I was thinking something that only counted as poisonous to specific creature types or favoured enemy groupings- sort of the same way the chocolate is poisonous to dogs but not humans...
    Craft up an alchemical itching poison that lowers Dex, but doesn't affect scaled creatures with natural armor +1 or better. (An Ogre, with NA +5, would be affected, a Viper or Kobold with NA +1 or better would be immune.) Instead of causing full-on ability damage, the dex penalty from the 'alchemical itching powder' might fade like nonlethal damage, at 1 pt / 10 minutes, or something.

Definitely seconding the idea of taking advantage of the Kobold's slight build. If using the web supplement, the entire complex can be filled with tiny tunnels, that even gnomes and halflings have to squeeze to get through. Even if not using that supplement, kobold alchemy can again come to the rescue, and unarmored kobolds could be 'lubed up and made able to squeeze through tiny cracks and tunnels to lob attacks at big folk, and then retreat into the cracks to escape counter-attack. (Emerge stealthily on one round using Total Defense, throw an attack (missile, spell, alchemy item) and move back into the crack on the second round.)

The tunnels could also be shot through with murder holes, allowing the kobolds to launch missile weapons, spells and / or alchemical missiles at the party, while remaining behind total cover.

Since the corridor that is big enough for medium-sized creatures is almost entirely for the use by intruders, it can have characteristics that are dangerous to the kobolds themselves, such as being hip-deep in water (fresh, if the kobolds use it as a water-supply, sewage-filled if the kobolds use this 'entrance' as a dump, since they use the tiny tunnels for their own getting in and out, for the most part). The water itself could contain fish, again, if fresh and used by the kobolds, and have caltrops lining the entire bottom (since they don't have to come in that way, and are small enough to swim across without touching the bottom, if they do choose to use that entrance), or, if sewage/waste-water, could even be mildly acidic (1 hp / minute of exposure?) or covered with oily residue that is flammable (1d3 fire damage to anyone with body parts above the water's surface for 1d3 rounds before the oily buildup burns off), once ignited.

If the larger tunnel is used to bring in larger game, etc., a small raft could be used to bring food / supplies / guests across the water safely, pulled by ropes. As there is only 5 ft. of clearance above the water's surface (and perhaps less in some areas), characters 'visiting' the kobolds would have to sit on the raft, as it's pulled across the waters (or, more likely, would be tied up and laid down, as non-kobold 'guests' would probably be brought in only for a specific sacrificial purpose or something...).

Inside the main kobold gathering area, the kobolds might have their young living in warrens that are in higher caverns, dozens of feet above the cave floor, and reached only by a network of ropes and nets strung like crazy artificial spider-webs all throughout the room. A select few 'ropefighters' would be trained to climb and swing around this room with ease, scrambling along the rope-strewn walls and ceiling in the darkness like miniature Aliens, throwing various missile weapons, and cutting loose sections of net or triggering snare-traps to harry intruders.

Since kobolds have Darkvision, they would have few or no light-sources in their lair, and would use ranged disarm or sunder attempts on items that produce light, or target them with wineskin-sized clumps of muck and filth, designed to cover them in black goop, smothering their light. Items that are ranged disarmed (mostly items that glow with magical light and are harder to sunder or extinguish by splashing with goop) would be snatched up by brave kobolds on suicide runs. (Higher ranking kobolds would be survivors of previous such 'redshirt runs' and allowed to throw missiles from safer positions!)

Kobolds are also ideal to add various perks to, similar to what the Races of the Dragon Web Enhancement did. Wyrmkin kobolds might be more intimately connected to a specific chromatic dragon type, and have Energy Resistance 1 / HD vs. their specific matron's energy type (Acid, Cold, Electricity or Fire), and take advantage of that.

Acid resistant nightscale or seascale Wyrmkin might force foes to wade through acidic waters to reach them (being unaffected by the 1 hp / round acid *and* having racial bonuses to Swim checks and breath holding, because of their descent from dragons with a Swim speed and Water Breathing).

Fire resistant bloodscale Wyrmskin might have developed a variation on alchemical fire that they coat on themselves called Fireskin Salve. It causes them to ignite for 1 minute, so that they inflict 1d2 fire damage on a hand to hand attack (or when grappled).

Cold resistant bonescale or icescale Wyrmskin might lair in areas of extreme cold that cause unprotected visitors to take constant nonlethal cold damage, and use watery pools covered in thin layers of ice as traps. If someone doesn't get out of the water fast enough after falling through the ice, a kobold using Alchemical Frost refreezes the water around them, requiring them to break their way free. Even if they get out, their cold-weather-protecting heavy clothing is soaked, and no longer provides any protection. The light kobolds would dash across the thick snow and ice without falling through, while heavier and less-specialized intruders would be moving at half speed, at most, and might require balance checks on slippery areas (the white dragonkin would naturally have a lesser version of icewalking as a racial trait, allowing them to move at full move on snow and ice, and not have to make balance checks on natural ice). Ice collapses would be engineered in some areas, to act like a non-magical Ice Storm spell, while foes who fall on icy or watery areas might be doused with water as a readied action by one kobold, while another follows it up with alchemical frost, to try to 'freeze them to the ground' (Str check to break free and get back up, creating an icy-themed variation of a tanglefoot bag effect). While less sturdy than tiny-sized tunnels through rock, cracks in the ice-walls of such a lair can be used the same way, and ice-themed kobolds might be especially good at burrowing through snow quickly (perhaps even having a burrow speed of 5 ft. through snow only), allowing them to poke their heads up all around a party and unleash surprise attacks from the surrounding snow.

I got nothing for electrically-resistant skyscale Wyrmkin. Silly blighters. It's harder to fill a lair with naturally occuring electricity than it is acid, cold or fire. They probably can burrow through sand as readily as an icescale burrows through snow, and might have alchemical variations on Alchemist's Spark that allows them to conduct electrical attacks (similar the bloodscale Fireskin Salve mentioned above). Heck, they might even have used the Rite of Draconic Passage to all learn Shocking Grasp, which they unleash as surprise attacks, bursting up out of the sand to deliver their touch attacks.
    (On the other hand, a wind-swept set of caverns that have a constant static charge built up in the walls, due to the action of wind and sand, could make for a neat electrically-dangerous lair for desert-dwelling skyscales! As people carrying metal weapons & armor move through the lair, naturally occuring static 'traps' could go off, inflicting 1d4 pts of electrical damage. The kobolds know this place intimately, and can both avoid the traps, are somewhat resistant to the effects, and don't carry metal armor and weapons anyway, using stone and bone weapons, and leather, hide and bone armor.)
    Last edited by Set; 2009-10-16 at 09:35 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Banned

There's a metamagic feat called co-operative spell, and for every additional creature that casts a spell simultaneously with that metamagic, the DC of the spell goes up by one. The number of kobolds that can be fit into a 10x10 room is staggering, especially if they have all imbibed a potion of shrink person.

You could easily have them cast spells that you couldn't make the save against.

27. - Top - End - #57

Quote Originally Posted by Myrmex View Post
    There's a metamagic feat called co-operative spell, and for every additional creature that casts a spell simultaneously with that metamagic, the DC of the spell goes up by one. The number of kobolds that can be fit into a 10x10 room is staggering, especially if they have all imbibed a potion of shrink person.

You could easily have them cast spells that you couldn't make the save against.
    It's a cool idea, but each kobold would have to have Cooperative Spell and one other metamagic feat (to qualify for it), which would make it limited to 3 HD or higher kobolds.

It might be more likely that a special area, perhaps an ancient site of communal faith-based worship, or an arcane academy / ritual room of a long-passed civilization retains an ability like this. The Kobolds have learned of this property, and their highest level spellcaster can gain some bonuses similar to Circle Magic if he casts spells in this room. Every 10 Kobolds who spend 1 hp in blood sacrifice can give him a +1 to caster level, or allow him to ignore 1 level of metamagic, or something.
    Last edited by Set; 2009-10-16 at 10:13 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Keyhole kobold
    Spoiler
    Show
    The smallest that a female kobold can be (If I remember properly) is 24 inches tall.
    If you use sleight build, that is reduced to 12 inches.
    If that kobold is a level 1 fighter (no racial substitution level), you can take dragonwrought kobold and tunnel fighting, meaning that there is almost no penalty for the kobold moving through a 6-inch tunnel.

Generally, as kobolds aren't tall, they don't need passageways conveniantly-sized for medium creatures. Make them small and flying party members stop being a problem.

If a tunnel is small enough, party members won't be able to use their weapons inside of it, meaning they can only get through a porticullus with a strength check.

One-way venom
    Spoiler
    Show
    Level 1 kobolds can take dragonwrought kobold as a feat, meaning that they fear nothing from paralysis. As such, get paralyzing poison (carrion crawler?) and use it without fear.

There is one probelm with tucker's kobolds, however. Even if you put a wild magic zone on the lair (which is somewhat arbitrary), a single successful rope trick spell stops the kobolds from being a threat and removes the constant pressure that they've been putting on the party. Without this element of pressure, the kobolds lose much of their bite.
    Instead of arbitrarily making magic wonky in the dungeon, I propose using low ceilings to stop flying and filling the dungeon with anchor mist (from dungeonscape), something that makes more sense and stops most other troublesome effects.
    As a note, even with low ceilings, I do know that party members with flight could "crawl" along the ceiling to avoid pressure pads. That is why there are murder holes in the ceiling, from which kobolds drop heavy weights on flying creatures passing over the pressure pad (or dropping them directly onto the pressure pads to set off the trap without party participation).
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

29. - Top - End - #59

Daemon

Rope trick is easy to counter. When if the PC's get spotted using it, the Kobold's prepare a three-little-pigs by setting up a boiling cauldron underneath the entrance. The fumes and steam prevent the players from seeing out of it. When they exit they get a nice warm bath (add status effects to taste).

Naturally, they can watch the kobolds setting this up, so they can drop out immediately to stop the set up, or have to face a particularly challenging encounter at the start of their next day.

Might i suggest that giving a few rare kobolds 'true seeing' may make the wizzards slightly less broken.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by aje8 View Post
    Obiously it depends on what level the PCs the kobolds are put against, but at just 5th level, a fly spell gets around the burning bridge, the flippy spiky thing, helps alot against the celing kobolds, defeats the spiked tunnel and the spiked fall...... obsoletes the grease spell..... makes the Wizard at least immune to more than 1/2 this dungeon.
    Nothing feels good like casting dispel magic on the flying wizard. Nothing.