New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Used Shoe Sales

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Default Used Shoe Sales

My friend has been trying to sell me a pair of Nike November Rain Dunks. They're barely used, pretty good condition.
    Ordinarily, I wouldn't buy them, but the old Guns N' Roses is my favorite band, and November Rain has my favorite solo, if not my favorite song altogether.
    The shoes look nice, that's not up for debate. But what I want to know is, how much would be an appropriate price? They sell for $100 new. He tried to get me at $80, but that doesn't seem like a good price for used shoes, no matter how nice. What would be a good price range? I know for guitars, used go for 1/3 to 1/2 the value depending on the condition, is there something like that?
    Pics are here: http://www.secretspot.co.uk/static/c...n-dunk-mid.jpg

And I know, buying used shoes may seem weird, but I'm a pretty open person.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Used Shoe Sales

A few questions. Do the shoes fit you well? Are they of any collector value? How used are they? Have they been worn outside? Do they still have that new shoe smell? Are the insoles conformed to the previous user?

I would pay no more than $20 for used shoes. But then again maybe I am being too cheap.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Eeeewwww. Used shoes?!
    I just want someone to hold me and tell me they love me. Especially when I am sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Skami Pilno View Post
    The man who is dominated by fear of death is already dead.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

How much are you willing to pay? Try paying that.

If you are ready for Advanced Haggling, try paying less than that and then end up paying that.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

they arn't going for much on ebay
    pancake-atar created by RTG0922

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    xPANCAKEx - He's a scumbag, but he's a wise scumbag.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Pika... View Post
    Eeeewwww. Used shoes?!
    Barely used shoes. And we're pretty good friends. I've known him for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by crimson77 View Post
    A few questions. Do the shoes fit you well? Are they of any collector value? How used are they? Have they been worn outside? Do they still have that new shoe smell? Are the insoles conformed to the previous user?

I would pay no more than $20 for used shoes. But then again maybe I am being too cheap.
    They fit well, we wear the same size. They are of some collector value, but not terribly much I don't believe. I don't know if they've been worn outside, but I took a look at the soles and they're almost brand new. Insoles are not conformed. And I've never noticed a new shoe smell with any shoes, ever, so I can't be of use there.