Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Default Oriental Adventures samurai question

Alrighty, the OA samurai has the option to pay money to level up his katana as a magical weapon, up to +10. So my question is, does this lvling up actually make his katana a +10 pre-epic and he can't apply other enhancements that cost +#, or does that +10 include possible magical enhancements?
    Been there, fought that, died horribly.

Something fun and flavorful to get your DM throwing books at you: Katana Chucker

2. - Top - End - #2
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Oriental Adventures samurai question

Quote Originally Posted by Choco View Post
    Alrighty, the OA samurai has the option to pay money to level up his katana as a magical weapon, up to +10. So my question is, does this lvling up actually make his katana a +10 pre-epic and he can't apply other enhancements that cost +#, or does that +10 include possible magical enhancements?
    The text is quite specific... +'s top out at 5, but the others can be used to provide abilities.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Two Tales of Tellene, available from DriveThruFiction
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Avatar is from local user Mehangel
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Default Re: Oriental Adventures samurai question

Ah, must have glossed over that part, but it does seem wrong to make em have to wait until <x> level before opening up that option even if you got the money.

"Man, I want to add Wounding to my Katana and got the money for it, but I can only add +1 now and have to wait 2 more levels before I can add +2..."
    Last edited by Choco; 2009-08-26 at 04:40 PM.
    Been there, fought that, died horribly.

Something fun and flavorful to get your DM throwing books at you: Katana Chucker