New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: God of Rape

1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default God of Rape

No, this is not a joke. If there is god of murder in D&D, there can also be a god of rape (a lesser diety) which i intend to use in my 3.5 campaign. What I would like to know is, how would you stat this guy? I found pretty nice stats for a god of such lvl (Cas), with a minor drawback - his primary weapon is a +3 minor artifact mace (not bad for a god of spite, smashing and slashing, but not what I'm looking for) and if nothing else, I would like some suggestion, what kind of equivalent weapon/ability would God of Rape have?

Also this rape does not apply only to some nonconsensual nice ogre+elf action, but is also a form of taint - forests destroyed by industry, lands plagued by fallout, etc ...

So, to summarize: Whar kind of weapon/ability would you use as a replacement for Cas's main weapon in this case?

tnx

Inspiration for this characeter is a cartographer from swedish movie Sauna. Good movie ;)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: God of Rape

Maybe some kind of minor artifact whip or whip-dagger as a replacement weapon?

Inspiration for this characeter is a cartographer from swedish movie Sauna. Good movie ;)
    Correction, it's a finnish movie not swedish.
    Oz Bezarius avatar by Kwarkpudding.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

My bad.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Wouldn't "God of Corruption" sound better?

Anyway as for a weapon...

I want to say net, simply because it captures and prevents. Kind a funny weapon for a god though.

Or a Lasso of truth! Wonder Woman was practically the god of being raped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson
    Evil Intelligence is knowing the precise ritual that will allow you to destroy the peaceful kingdom that banished you.

Evil Wisdom is understanding that you probably shouldn’t perform said ritual while you’re standing in the estimated blast radius.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Might I suggest looking at blending the Nymphology supplement with the Book of Vile Darkness?

Specifically 'creatures of lust' with some of the variant rules (reflavor the torture rules) in the BoVD.

To add a bit of humor, either let a player roll a 'blue mage' from Nymphology or introduce a reoccurring NPC 'blue mage.'
    Custom Lycanthropes Follows all rules.
    XXXGrimlock, Were-tyrannosaurus warforged. CR 13, ECL 20
    XXXLigear Ohmai, Werebear anthro tiger lion barbarian. CR 18

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Well a god of rape would likely go for either a whip, as previously suggested, or maybe something long that you poke with like a lance. I could also see one holding 2 round shields with spikes in their centers.
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

A whip is too obvious, and S&M only very rarely has anything to do with rape (as it almost always is concerned with submission, perhaps reluctant, but not violent forcefullness).

You seem to be going for the "violently takes and destroys that which is wholesome or good" as the concept for the god, with a nod towards the most common use of the concept "rape", so I suggest the following:

1) Fire. Yes, he wields fire as a weapon. Its destructive and inherently violent and chaotic.

2) A spiked chain. Sexual connotations if you look for them, fairly 'evil like'. Also, chains often symbolize slavery, which is a form of rape (of freedoms and life). Also, one of the best weapons in DnD, so it 'rapes' in another way. ;)

3) A net and trident/spear. Sexual innuendo is fairly obvious, and the whole symbolism of 'taking' with the net.

I dunno, its late and that's all I could come up with, hope it was at least a bit helpful. Good luck.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

A god of rape would also be the god of any place where some stronger party force themself onto something else, in a destructive way (this could be industry exploiting a natural area, colonialism taking the resources of original settlers, and of course the traditional rape scenario). He should probably be considered a god of opression, rather than corruption.

As for weapon... I'd say maybe a trident or large spear. It's big, heavy and hard to defend against. Also, it has a fitting penetrating quality :P
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by Adamaro View Post
    If there is god of murder in D&D, there can also be a god of rape (a lesser diety) which i intend to use in my 3.5 campaign.
    If it was me running your game, I would present it as a god of plunder/despoilation instead of a god of rape, even if it's the same deity.

I'd throw in 10 levels of Blighter somewhere. I'm sure there's something like Thrallherd that would also fit in well.
    Last edited by Grumman; 2009-08-28 at 04:08 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kizara View Post
    A whip is too obvious, and S&M only very rarely has anything to do with rape (as it almost always is concerned with submission, perhaps reluctant, but not violent forcefullness).

You seem to be going for the "violently takes and destroys that which is wholesome or good" as the concept for the god, with a nod towards the most common use of the concept "rape", so I suggest the following:

1) Fire. Yes, he wields fire as a weapon. Its destructive and inherently violent and chaotic.

2) A spiked chain. Sexual connotations if you look for them, fairly 'evil like'. Also, chains often symbolize slavery, which is a form of rape (of freedoms and life). Also, one of the best weapons in DnD, so it 'rapes' in another way. ;)

3) A net and trident/spear. Sexual innuendo is fairly obvious, and the whole symbolism of 'taking' with the net.

I dunno, its late and that's all I could come up with, hope it was at least a bit helpful. Good luck.
    In my opinion a whip symbolizes "slavery" a lot better than a spiked chain.

And you seem to be confusing S&M (as do many others) with D/s (domination and submission). They do go hand in hand in many occassions though.
    Sadomasochism literally means something like "Enjoying pain/humiliation".
    Last edited by MichielHagen; 2009-08-28 at 04:14 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

Rape is violation in any form by using strength, i can rape a hillside by clearcutting all the trees and then open pit mining it. Corruption doesn't have much to do with rape.

I actually think that this gods weapon should be a hammer or maybe his fists? Oppression or seizure by brute force.

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by MichielHagen View Post
    In my opinion a whip symbolizes "slavery" a lot better than a spiked chain.

And you seem to be confusing S&M (as do many others) with D/s (domination and submission). They do go hand in hand in many occassions though.
    Sadomasochism literally means something like "Enjoying pain/humiliation".
    S&M and the like discussion:
    Spoiler
    Show

Since the practice of Sadism and Masocism has a great deal more to do with D/s play then it does with true rape, I'm not confusing a damn thing, thanks.

Sadism is recieving (sexual) pleasure from inflicting pain upon others.
    Masocisim is recieving (sexual) pleasure from having pain inflicted upon you.
    Note that this pain can be emoitional, physical, social, etc. It varies depending on taste and activities, of course; and the best kind combines many at once. But you see, most sadists get a much greater high if there is some level on consension on the part of their subjects (perhaps brought out from the subconcious with some forceful encouragement); although truthfully some really do like something akin to rape.

Thing is, when someone says "rape", and the response is fetish/whips, I feel a need to point out the error in thinking that fetish/alternative/S&M play is about rape, as it almost always isn't. Any true Dom will tell you that if you do it right they will enjoy it, and its only rape in the most absolutely generalistic use of the term, in that you are somewhat forcibly causing them to lose their inhibitions regarding... various acts.

And the spiked chain was me trying to be original and working on several aspects at once:

- it can be seen as a means to capture, as a sort of Bolas grappling tool (I know I've used it like this with a character, even if it isn't strictly RAW)

-and as a means to hold, as chains/bondage

-as a means to inflict pain and harm (spikes)

And it combines all this in one object, that is also a really cool weapon. But yes, you can simply have him use a whip...
    Last edited by Kizara; 2009-08-28 at 04:26 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kizara View Post
    S&M and the like discussion:
    Spoiler
    Show

Since the practice of Sadism and Masocism has a great deal more to do with D/s play then it does with true rape, I'm not confusing a damn thing, thanks.

Sadism is recieving (sexual) pleasure from inflicting pain upon others.
    Masocisim is recieving (sexual) pleasure from having pain inflicted upon you.
    Note that this pain can be emoitional, physical, social, etc. It varies depending on taste and activities, of course; and the best kind combines many at once. But you see, most sadists get a much greater high if there is some level on consension on the part of their subjects (perhaps brought out from the subconcious with some forceful encouragement); although truthfully some really do like something akin to rape.

Thing is, when someone says "rape", and the response is fetish/whips, I feel a need to point out the error in thinking that fetish/alternative/S&M play is about rape, as it almost always isn't. Any true Dom will tell you that if you do it right they will enjoy it, and its only rape in the most absolutely generalistic use of the term, in that you are somewhat forcibly causing them to lose their inhibitions regarding... various acts.
    Spoiler
    Show

Notice i never linked S&M with rape.
    I merely stated that Domination and Submission (D/s) is often incorrectly confused with S&M.
    You are absolutely correct that S&M and D/s are a lot more associated than S&M and rape, i never contradicted that.

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by Adamaro View Post
    So, to summarize: Whar kind of weapon/ability would you use as a replacement for Cas's main weapon in this case?
    How about the sodegarami from Oriental Adventures? It's a reach weapon you can use to grapple with. It only has a base D4 damage, but a god is sure to have enough strength that this isn't much of an issue.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

I would change it to a god of violation, where the focal point is on the subjugation and destruction of ideals. Such subjugation is forceful, with power and control being the major components of it's teachings, where the tenets of faith surround the notion of might makes right and that assertion of ones will over another is the ultimate display, and therefore the most righteous form of worship. (Basically, every EVIL D&D religion out there)

this way, you can downplay the sexual component a little bit, which I think can help this from becoming just a really goofy parody of what is very sensitive issue.

As for a weapon? Why does he/she need one? Make it's symbol a set of handcuffs, create a new domain called "Control" where it's basically a bunch of restraint spells and mind control spells.

Really hammer in on the ideology of interaction between might and control. Oooh, what if instead of making the symbol handcuffs you make it a marionette on strings? His weapon of choice? another human being, fighting for him against his will.

The greatest joy of such religion is to bend the mighty to their will.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Mind rape better be one of his domain spells.

Also I just remember you can do Mancatcher for a weapon.
    Evil Intelligence is knowing the precise ritual that will allow you to destroy the peaceful kingdom that banished you.

Evil Wisdom is understanding that you probably shouldn’t perform said ritual while you’re standing in the estimated blast radius.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I see some more explaining is in order.

I did not seek exactly a weapon replacement. Cas is a god of spite and he is all "whack it till' it drops" thing. I was even thinking of replacing this fine mace with a spell-like ability. (Epic dominate/at will?)
    GOR would come into a village in his avatar form and have darkest and most violent desires explode in villagers, who would gorge themselves on food, murder, rape and torture. Such stuff. Maybe even a bit Event horizon movie-like.

GOR is one nasty individual. And a common +3 whip does not represent that.

btw tnx for all the comments.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Banned

Chances are you could just use Malcontet as a deity of rape.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Mindrape as a SLA? Awesome! Just do it :P

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

give him SEVERAL arms and a mouth with three tounges and jagged teeth in place of a groin!
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.

The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I sinister intelligent spiked gauntlet would be a fitting weapon with something like a less child friendly Dr Claw* as its personality.

edit * DR Claw is from the inspector gadget cartoon.
    Last edited by Keewatin; 2009-08-28 at 07:05 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22

I... what... just... how... why? Why?

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh's Fist View Post
    I... what... just... how... why? Why?
    because you deserve it
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.

on M&B:
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shademan View Post
    because you deserve it
    Blaming the victim... how typical.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

hot damn! we are so friggin witty!

not being sarcastic here.

on M&B:

26. - Top - End - #26

How about a grapple? That one makes the most sense to me.
    Avatar generously created by ukuleleninja

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by elliott20 View Post
    I would change it to a god of violation, where the focal point is on the subjugation and destruction of ideals.
    Bah, if the group is mature enough sometimes the disgusting and the shocking are exactly what the goal is.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    Bah, if the group is mature enough sometimes the disgusting and the shocking are exactly what the goal is.
    Eh, then the focus should be on the primary aspect of what it is rather than copping out with the whole "also forests destroyed by industry, lands plagued by fallout, etc ... "

Knee-jerk reactions to the god should be what it is defined by. Shock value for the sake of shock value is dumb.

my 2cp
    Last edited by Kylarra; 2009-08-28 at 10:59 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

The weapon should be light, so it can be used while grappling.

The weapon should be common and concealable.

I'd say a knife or dagger would be what you're looking for. It's a weapon of subtlety and intimidation.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

30. - Top - End - #30

Oh, I'll show you a dagger. Excuse me while I whip this out.
    Last edited by Pharaoh's Fist; 2009-08-28 at 11:47 AM.