New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Incapacitated

1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Incapacitated

ok for some reazon Iīm unable to find the exact rules for a character being incapacitated. Would anyone please tell me exactly what being incapacitated do and why i canīt find it anywhere.
    My DM once lectured me as why my optimizing gaming style was terrible, why it betrayed everything the game stood for, and how I should be executed and violated for it, i felt terrible. But i felt worst when he sent his fiendish werecrocodile cleic crusader ruby knight vindicator knight of the raven mindbendr to kill my character...I probabyl deserved it

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Incapacitated

I don't believe it's a defined game term, it's just being used as an ordinary English word. What's the context in which it's being used and perhaps we can advise as to what would satisfy the meaning? Generally I'd say it means either unconscious or paralyzed.

(Also, game and edition?)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

Well i was reading the Death by Thorns spell (book of vile darkness), and one of the things it did was leave someone incapacitated. So I would like to know what that means.
    My DM once lectured me as why my optimizing gaming style was terrible, why it betrayed everything the game stood for, and how I should be executed and violated for it, i felt terrible. But i felt worst when he sent his fiendish werecrocodile cleic crusader ruby knight vindicator knight of the raven mindbendr to kill my character...I probabyl deserved it

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frerezar View Post
    Well i was reading the Death by Thorns spell (book of vile darkness), and one of the things it did was leave someone incapacitated. So I would like to know what that means.
    There is no definition. I'd rule they are stunned.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

I think death by thorns renders them helpless, so I would think it cause unconsiousness

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.