New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Star wars saga: tramp freighter [IC]

1950 Dockside street, Oradin, Brentaal IV

The taxi pulls up to the curb and the five of you pile out of the back, after being paid the driver speeds off in search of another fare. Turning around, you see the large gray dilapidated looking building in front of you, its big enough to be two stories but a lack of windows indicates it probably isn’t.

Looking around, you see a small grassy front yard with a duracrete path leading to the door, near the path is a new looking holo-sign that reads:

“Transgal Shipping Co."

"We’ll ship anywhere, for a price"

Entering the building you find yourself in a well kept waiting room, there is a holo-vid on one wall, it’s switched off. Along the opposite wall there is a generic picture of the Tatooine Sunrise. There is a couch; some chairs and a table scattered about the room, with a plant in one corner and a water cooler in the other.

Directly in front of the exit, there is a cut away and a receptionist’s desk set into the wall. From behind there you hear someone grumbling. Peeking over the cut out you find a human posterior sticking in mid air, the human female is bent over, digging through an antiquated paper file cabinet. You hear her mutter something about ancient file systems and paperless societies.

Spoiler
    Show

Jmbrown playing Captain Tarkus filling the roll of pilot
    Reverent-one playing Wolan Lakk filling the roll of co-pilot
    Graybacca playing Corran helkin filling the roll of mechanic
    Questing beast playing Zarkan filling the roll of deckhand/muscle
    And lastly
    King Tius playing Daxter Wrynn filling the other deckhand/muscle slot.

Last edited by TheThan; 2009-08-11 at 12:16 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Star wars saga: tramp freighter [IC]

Zarkan

Looking suprised yet pleased, "Never before have a met a human that knows the traditional greeting of new friends. I too am pleased to meet you."

Reaching across the desk he puts his hand out in the more traditional human greeting of the handshake. "It lightens my heart to see that other species take an interest in the goings on outside of their own peoples."

((I'm gonna go with Olive for my text color. ))

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Wolan

Following the Ithorian in, Wolan pauses as he enters the room, not impressed by the facilities. So this is what I'm stuck with, is it? He reassures himself quickly though, becoming more resolute, I'll make do, work my way up, and make up for the past.

He introduces himself to the secretary, "Hello, I'm Wolan Lakk."
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

ahh!
    The woman behind the counter jumps, as you greet her.
    She is wearing a typical business suite, her trousers and jacket are brown and her blouse is white. She has long auburn hair tied in a thick braid and green eyes. She stands about 5’4 and is blessed with good looks.

She takes a moment to compose herself before she introduces herself.

Karen Lorell at your service, I’m the owner of Transgal Shipping.
    she offers each of you her hand.

What can I do for you today?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Wolan

While slightly surprised the owner doesn't know the name of her new hire, Wolan doesn't mind explaining, "I think it's more what I can do for you, as I've been hired as copilot for your company."

((EDIT: well, correcting the assumption that we were already hired...))

Wolan extends his hand, smiling, "I hear you're looking for some crew for a ship, I came to take up one of those positions."
    Last edited by Reverent-One; 2009-08-11 at 08:59 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

A brash looking human enters the room, a co*cky smile on his face and two large blasters strapped to his legs, only partially covered by his leather jacket.

"I hear there's work for a shiphand here? I'm Daxar Wynn, pleasure to meet you, Miss."

The young man looks around at the people he came in the cab with, sizing them up but saying nothing.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing
    Sanity Check: IC OOC
    Age of Worms in Eberron IC OOC

Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

[ooc]
    Yeah the name is a typo. I’ll fix it.
    I used transgal shipping in the recruiting thread, so I’m sticking with that one, sorry for the confusion.
    Also for clarity’s sake, you haven’t been hired just yet.
    Last edited by TheThan; 2009-08-11 at 12:19 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

((Corrected my previous post. And come on folks, where is everyone?))

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Karen Lorell

You saw the add? Well good, follow me.

The woman disappears from sight for only a moment and a nearly invisible door next to the cut out pops open on old style hinges; Karen stands in the doorway. You follow her through the door and past the small office, and a flight of stairs heading up directly behind it. She leads you down a corridor, not stopping to point out what any of the rooms you pass are for, or where they lead.

At the end of the hallway, you pass though a metal door that slides upwards with a hiss. Inside this room is a large workshop, the shop looks to be full service, and clearly designed for star ships. The shop takes up almost the full length of the building and its full height. Opposite the door you exit, there is a huge hangar door that is fully open, beyond that a landing pad.

Sitting on the landing pad is a ship, its mostly saucer shaped with two long triangular mandibles protruding from the main hull, resting in between those mandibles is a cylindrical section of hull capped with a cocpit the sticks out beyond the length of the mandibles. A Corellian Engineering Corporation YT-2000 light freighter. You spot the loading ram, its been lowered and somehow looks like it wants you to board it.

There she is, the Fortune’s Favorite.

She stops only for a moment to take in the ship, then heads off towards it at a brisk pace. Talking as she goes.

I’ve got a six-month backlog of work that needs to go out. That means six months of waiting customers and six months of back pay. I need people to fly the Favorite. So consider this your internship, we’ll do a short run around this system. It shouldn’t take more than a few hours. If I like you, I’ll keep you, if not then you can take a hike.

Stopping in front of the loading ramp, she turns to you and says,
    what’ll it be?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

The brash gunman whistles as he beholds the Favorite.

"She'll do just fine. These 2000s have those heavier shields and guns on 'em, don't they? What kinda cargo are we shipping, and where to?"

He stands and appraises both the ship and the previously mentioned behind of the woman in front of him, but only when she isn't looking.

After a moment, he asks another question.

"Any special modifications or upgrades we should know about?"
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing

"Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Karen Lorell

Patting one of the hydralic columns that open the loading ramp, Karen says,

We up graded the Favorite’s engines; she’ll great time both in hyperspace and real space. We also upgraded her shields and gun turrets, not that expect you to be using them a lot, Transgal Shipping is a legitimate freight company. Sure we’re small time, but we’re not mixed up in anything illegal.

clapping her hands together she says,
    I suppose you want the grand tour huh. Well follow me.

With that she turns and taps a number into the key pad, with a hiss the door up the ramp slides open and she heads in with you in tow.

edit
    I'll get a picture of the interior of the ship as soon as I can.
    Last edited by TheThan; 2009-08-12 at 08:14 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Wolan

Wolan looks over the ship, inspecting it, familiar with the model already, "It's a good ship." he says as he approves it. "Let's get started, there's plenty of work to be done."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Zarkan

Whispering to Wynn while she's not paying attention, "The ceremony was done aptly enough. Why glare so at this females buttocks? It is not her fault that she is human so they are not the perfect amount of boney and grey."

To our future employer, "It will be quite interesting to see the cargo area and facilities. How much animal transportation is TransGal Shipping currently slated for? I have extensive knowledge of such fields and would be happy to assists. I must insist that any employer I work with would not cause or be a part of abuse to any life forms unnessesarily."

Pulling out a small sheaf of paperwork he seperates a few pages and holds out to her his credentials.
    Last edited by Questing Beast; 2009-08-13 at 07:39 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground

Corran doesn't say much at the moment but looks at the ship with a Critical eye of a mechanic.

((basic looking over the ship as they tour it and see if he spots any thing wrong or that could be inproved))
    Mechanics (1d20+13)[33] outside
    Mechanics (1d20+13)[22] inside
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Dax chuckles at Zarkan's question and whispers back:

"Because I can't help but look! Women have gotten me into all kinds of trouble but I just can't seem to stop myself."
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Zarkan

Whispers to Wynn, "Ah a traditional mating ritual, yes? I shall have to watch you friend for further study. I must examine this females reactions to your advances and collect the data for further analysis. I beleive the proper human term would be, Good Luck."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

The Fortune’s Favorite

Karen takes you on a tour of the ship. She starts at the ramp and works clockwise around the ship stopping at the bridge. Along the way she answers any questions you may have, in a somewhat conversational tone.

We ship just about anything except bulk goods; we’re not a large enough operation to make that economical. We mostly deal with small more expensive goods, right now we have a replacement Tabanna spinner for the miners on Gastol, and some replacement heaters for the ice miners on Javaal. Our last stop takes us Gumbus where we’re to drop off some holo-vids for the miners on the eighth moon.
    Its nothing particularly interesting, but its work we were hired to do, so it needs to get done, they don’t pay us to sit here now do they.

After you reach the bridge, she spins on her heal and asks,
    so which one of you is supposed to be my pilot?

Corran doesn’t notice anything right away. But as usual for these types of ships, there’s always something that can be upgraded, so he’ll need more time to go over the ship in detail.

Spoiler
    Show

[ooc]
    Ok here’s a rough idea of what the Favorite’s interior is like. I’ll probably get better map for combat up soon. This one is good for reference at least.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

((So, I will be flying out of state tomorrow for a week and won't have much time to get on the internet. I hope to get on a couple of times, so i shouldn't be totally absent. NPC me as needed, fortunately the co-pilot doesn't do much in flight, so best case I won't miss much.))

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok since we seem to be down like two or three players, I need a roll call. Who’s still here?

I know Reverent one is out of town so I’m counting him as here.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateCaptain

((Zarkan is still awaiting!))
    Last edited by Questing Beast; 2009-08-16 at 04:19 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Daxar Wynn, reporting for duty!
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing

22. - Top - End - #22

Corran Helkin ready and waiting.

Character links

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

hmm with reverent-one away for the moment it looks like we're just missing our trusty pilot. so let me send off a PM and see whats up.

[edit]

ok apparently our pilot didn't realize we started already, but he is going to play. So move along.
    Last edited by TheThan; 2009-08-18 at 12:40 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Tarkus has been silent the entire day; the descruction of his home planet weighing heavily on him. It felt so surreal... receiving a general recall message from his superiors before... silence. When introduced, Tarkus responds with "Captain Tarkus. Captain by name, not rank although I'm open to promotions." He smiles weakly. It's all he can do.

He runs his hands over the ship as they board, feeling her hull and getting a sense for what's to come. He nods his head when Karen assures him her company isn't on the bad side of the empire. Nobody should be on the bad side of the empire.

"Yes. She'll do just fine."
    Last edited by jmbrown; 2009-08-18 at 01:52 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

The Fortune’s Favorite

Karen makes sure everyone takes their places while the ship makes ready to fly. After the startup sequence and the pre-flight check list has been completed, Captain Tarkus comms in to the fight control tower for take off instructions. After receiving them, the Fortune’s Favorite lifts off with a hum of the repulsor lift engines.

After a few minutes of maneuvering, the ship is exiting the atmosphere. The skilled hands of Tarkus quickly becoming used to the controls.

Karen wanders around the ship, watching the others go about their duties. Occasionally she sticks her head in the bridge and asks what is going on. Eventually she settles down in the lounge with a cup of café and a datapad, probably doing more work.

[ooc]

Ok you guys are on your way, since you are just heading to other ships in the system, you won’t need to make any hyperspace jumps.
    Last edited by TheThan; 2009-08-18 at 02:34 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

Corran heads aft to the engine room where he familiarizes him self with the ship Corran dose some danostnostic on all the ship systems, he also tweaks some of the function on the engineering command console so thinks will work faster for himself, Corran also tweaks some of the ships subsystems.

Use Computer (1d20+8)[26]
    Use Computer (1d20+8)[9]
    Mechanics (1d20+13)[22]
    Mechanics (1d20+13)[15]

Character links

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Zarkan

Moves around the ship inspecting various area's after liftoff. Starting with the cargo area he checks out the space to be confidant that all the proper attachments and loop points for a variety of containers are in place. After he finishes a once over on the ships interior he delves into the ships manifest and logistical supplies making sure that things are set up for a proper voyage.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Corran busies himself with his work. The diagnostic goes well, however it looks like the ships systems are not capable of running a self-diagnostic and other functions as well.

About an hour goes by, Wolan Lakk, still in his co-pilot’s seat, receives a hail from another ship. Keying it in, Captain Tarkus and Wolan hear,

Fortune’s Favorite, stand down and prepare to be boarded. This is a routine customs inspection.
    The voice comes through monotone and rather bored.

Wolan checks his sensors and finds that an Imperial customs corvette is approaching from the aft. As the ship closes the Favorite’s sensors pick out the corvettes’ name, it’s called the Hunter.

So um, what do we do now boss?

Wolan says, to the captain

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

umm bump?
    where is everyone?

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateCaptain

((Still here. I'm waiting for one of the pilots to post since I posted immediatly before ya. Since Zarkan shouldn't know quite yet what's going on I'm waiting for some kinda commentary from the crew.))