New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

biggrin Free online initiative tracker available! (With version for iPhone and iPod Touch!)

Shameless self-promotion time! Recently posted a free initiative tracker / encounter manager online. It's a web application that allows GMs to quickly and easily organize initiative lists through a netbook or mobile device. It currently supports D&D 4e, d20 and White Wolf.

Features include:
    - Quick and easy rolling for large groups of identical monsters or NPC's.
    - Automatically remembers and recalls essential character names and statistics
    - Server-side data storage takes up no space on low-memory systems (like, say, a smartphone)
    - Compatible across all major browsers and operating systems

To access the regular version, go to:

http://www.tinwatchman.com/inittracker/

To access a version specifically optimized for the iPhone and iPod Touch, go to:

http://www.tinwatchman.com/inittracker/iphone/

Upcoming feature: share and coordinate a single initiative list with other users! Perfect for 'net games and gaming tables where way too many people have laptops.

Comments and feedback appreciate! Hope you all enjoy.
    tinwatchman initiative tracker - free initiative tracker for the iPod and iPod Touch!
    tinwatchman D&D 4e starting character generator - free first-level character generator for D&D 4th edition.
    Writer of "A Final Fantasy."
    Cthulhu Hardboiled Part I: The Waters Over Heaven.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Free online initiative tracker available! (With version for iPhone and iPod Touch

I like it, can it have HP tracking attached, and a downloadable version? Would like to use it on my friend's laptop when I DM (I don't have one so he brings it to help me out)
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Free online initiative tracker available! (With version for iPhone and iPod Touch

Neat. Suggestions:
    1. Have a clear monsters only button.
    2. Have a reroll characters initiative button.
    3. A quick and easy way to reorganize initiative (delay/readied actions)(just drag and drop would work IMO, or whatever is easier)

Beyond that I'm going to try to use this tracker next weekend for my friend's game. We normally just write on the grid map.

Thanks for the good work :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson
    Evil Intelligence is knowing the precise ritual that will allow you to destroy the peaceful kingdom that banished you.

Evil Wisdom is understanding that you probably shouldn’t perform said ritual while you’re standing in the estimated blast radius.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Is the creator still around?
    Last edited by BobVosh; 2009-09-06 at 09:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson
    Evil Intelligence is knowing the precise ritual that will allow you to destroy the peaceful kingdom that banished you.

Evil Wisdom is understanding that you probably shouldn’t perform said ritual while you’re standing in the estimated blast radius.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Is the creator still around?
    Sorry, I've been busy lately. Thank you both for the feedback! I appreciate it, and will be sure to consider it.
    tinwatchman initiative tracker - free initiative tracker for the iPod and iPod Touch!
    tinwatchman D&D 4e starting character generator - free first-level character generator for D&D 4th edition.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AncientRealms View Post
    I like it, can it have HP tracking attached, and a downloadable version? Would like to use it on my friend's laptop when I DM (I don't have one so he brings it to help me out)
    Sorry. I'm afraid that there is no downloadable version. Mine is mainly intended for netbooks and mobile devices without a lot of memory to spare. That said, though, I know for a fact that there are a ton of initiative tracker programs out there for the PC. I'd recommend you just do a Google search and see what comes up.