Default We're Not So Different, You And I [Exalted][Infernals]

We’re Not So Different, You And I
    Cost: 3m
    Mins: Essence 3
    Type: Reflexive
    Keywords: Combo-OK, Emotion, Social
    Duration: Instant
    Prerequisite Charms: Soul Crack Exploitation

The Ebon Dragon delights in tormenting heroes with their own villainy, revealing just how depraved and monstrous they are. The Infernal may reflexively invoke this Charm to make a social attack whenever another character learns his Motivation–either through Socialize rolls or Charms, or by being outright told by the Infernal. The Green Sun Prince rolls (Manipulation + Presence) in a social attack that cannot be dodged, making a flippant remark or offhand comparison between himself and his victim. From that point on, the victim is plagued by self-doubt.

In any scene where the victim performs an action that furthers or accomplishes the Infernal’s Motivation or suppresses one of their own Virtues, they gain one point toward “purchasing” a derangement of the Infernal’s choice. This is unnatural mental influence and an emotion effect. The first point purchases the derangement at the deficiency level, while the second point purchases it at the debility level. The fourth point purchases it at the deformity level. Any further points gained are wasted. They may spend two points of Willpower to resist gaining a point, and are freed of the self-doubt once they resist it a total of (Manipulation) times. However, once they actually succumb to the derangement, they cannot be freed of the self-doubt until the derangement is healed or removed. They may only gain a single point towards purchasing a derangement per scene.

A second purchase at Essence 4 enhances the corruption this Charm can cause. Once the victim has succumb to his derangement at the level of a deformity, any further points he gains go towards corrupting his Intimacies, reversing them from love to hate, or vice-versa. Each Intimacy costs a number of points to corrupt equal to the Conviction of the victim. Once a victim has suffered this corruption, he must erode each and every corrupted Intimacy, in addition to healing his derangement, before he can be freed from the effects of this Charm. Once all of their Intimacies have been corrupted, any further points he gains go towards corrupting his Motivation, replacing it with the Motivation of the Infernal. This costs a number of points equal to the victim’s (Essence + Conviction). Once the victim gains this new Motivation, it is magically enforced, scarred onto his psyche with infernal essence. He cannot change it normally, though Charms, sorcery, and other magic could do so. As long as he has this corrupt Motivation, he cannot recover from this Charm’s effects, nor may he erode any Intimacies corrupted by this Charm.

Shadow Nemesis Rebirth
    Cost: –
    Mins: Essence 5
    Type: Permanent
    Keywords: Desecration, Shaping
    Duration: Instant
    Prerequisite Charms: We're Not So Different, You And I (x2), Inner Devils Unchained

The Ebon Dragon reveals the inner monstrosity of its victims, warping their flesh to mirror their souls. How he laughs to see a hero revel in newfound demonic strength! This Charm permanently enhances We're Not So Different, You And I. Once the victim’s Motivation has been corrupted, any further points gained go towards purchasing mutations of the Infernal’s choice, beginning with the Creature of Darkness mutation. Mutations cost one point for a pox or deficiency, two for an affliction or debility, four for a blight or deformity, and six for an abomination. This is a Shaping effect. The victim must be healed of his mutations before he can change his corrupted Motivation or be freed from the effects of We're Not So Different, You And I.
    Last edited by The Demented One; 2009-09-11 at 11:25 AM.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: We're Not So Different, You And I [Exalted][Infernals]

You'll never get away with this, Demented One!
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krimm_Blackleaf View Post
    You'll never get away with this, Demented One!
    "'Get away with it?' I'm not some sort of storybook villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting the outcome? I did it thirty five minutes ago."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKnight777 View Post
    "'Get away with it?' I'm not some sort of storybook villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting the outcome? I did it thirty five minutes ago."
    Actually, thanks to how the board posts time stamps and my utter inability to perform the necessary calculations to convert from time zone to time zone, I have no idea how long ago I did this.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Long enough to piss off Rorschach and Nite Owl.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Edited in an updated-and-split version of this.