Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Old Republic: After the War (IC)

The Word on the Street
    There's been talk about the three major crimelords in town, Motta the Hutt, Goram (human) and Despyji (A Quarren) being mighty pissed about something. Rumor says it's credits. There's been a string of scams on them. Someone strikes a deal and then vanishes with the money, never to be heard from again. It's been going on since the end of the Sith Wars. Always a different person. Or so they thought. Then they discovered the last scam a week ago was arranged by a changeling. Then they found where the money's going. And they haven't gotten the money out yet. So Goram's been hiring all the muscle he can to find the guy, kill him, bring back the credits. The contact's at Bantha's Eye. An old geezer leaning on a stick.

Those Republic weeds came here on a ship a month and-a-half ago. To enlist aid on the restoration of the republic or some crap like that. Despyi whacked them out. Should be grateful they got to keep their heads.

Some Jawas sold a crapload of droids last week. They just came here with fifty, walked out with ten. Don't know who bought those.

The goddamned tusken attacked last month. They didn't get the crimelords at all, but they took a lot of they dwellers and emptied at least one droid shop.

All
    Wandering the town, finding yourself at a cantina, reading the sing 'Bantha's Eye' one of the two cantina's in town. The other being anchorhead cantina. Owned by Goram, this one appears to be quite popular with the door opening and closing every few seconds, in walking another sentient creature and every once in a while, out.
    Looking into the street, you see it has quite the population for a place so often called 'a hole in a wall'. Most people are dressed in simple garb though you make out the occasional thug, likely enforcers of the town's three crimelords.
    On the other side of the street is a small electronic parts shop. Mostly selling droid modifications, some of dubious legality. In addition to the cantina and the droid parts shop the street is bordered by sandstone housing. Looking back at the cantina, you ponder what to do.
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2009-09-09 at 11:32 PM.
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Default Re: Old Republic: After the War (IC)

I need some work and to get off this hot, sandy hell-hole. Shuktsad thinks to himself. First, though, a drink. He walks into the cantina and looks around. Observing the multi-species crowd and trying to scope out the old man who was the crimelord's contact as he walks to the bar, he takes his helmet off and orders a drink.

"Corellian whiskey, if you have it." Shuktsad says with a nod to the bartender.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Volner wanders into the cantina, with his rifle slung across his back, in full battle armor. Part looking for work, and part looking to start a fight, he walks up to the bar and orders a drink.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingPirate

"Su'cuy gar, vod." Shuktsad accepts his drink from the bartender and drops some creds on the bar before turning to the other mando. "How goes it? Looking for work, too?"
    Last edited by pirateking89; 2009-09-09 at 08:26 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Fynn scoped out the town for a while. He wasn't sure if there was an underground here...but if there was, he'd find it. Of course, he'd accept any work he could find, but a stint in the cage would be fast, easy credits. He saw a lot of traffic over near a building that had a sign reading "Bantha's Eye" on it. A cantina...good a place as any to find work...or at least trouble.

Fynn stalked in, his form nearly filling the door frame. He scanned the crowd a bit...nothing but galactic rabble. His kinda people. He made his way over to and empty place at the bar and dropped a few creds on the bartop.

"Whatever that'll get me." he said to the bartender and was swiftly handed a full cup of something. He gritted his teeth after the first swig. It was desert mash...not all that great...but it wasn't too bad, not for a backwater planet like Tatooine. He had heard stories of the planet. Ran by the hutts. Maybe he could get work with them.

He continued sipping on his drink, not really concerned with the other patrons.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Jahz exited the scrap heap a few credits lighter and with a new companion. "well," he said to the droid, "The force brought me here to find you, now what?" He didn't expect an answer from the machine, so he didn't wait for one. He headed for he only place that could offer any semblance of fun on this backwater planet: a cantina. Entering he wasn't surprised by the second-rate entertainment. Meandering up to the bar, he asked the bartender in huttese "Gimme something blue, that's not toxic to humanoids." It wasn't his first language, but he knew well enough to make it sound trashy and not at all like the upper class version he had originally learned.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground

T3-R9 followed along behind Jahz, his new owner. Surprisingly enough, a jedi owner at that, which R9 had not had in some time. The question asked was answered with several beeps and a low whistle from the utility droid as it spoke of its own confusion as to what their next step should be. And so R9 merely followed along, heading into the cantina and slowly looking the place over, waiting for whatever might happen next.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jahz and T3-R9
    "Well, here ya go" The devaronian bartender hands you a drink. Looking around you see an old man with a cane in the corner. Probably the contact. The other patrons don't stick to the eye, but the patronage is very varied comprising of creatures from humans to the strangest of aliens

Mandalorians
    The devaronian behind the counter hands the whiskey to Shuktsad after accepting the creds. You see the old man with a cane in a corner table sipping on something. Then the other mandalorian walks in, ordering a drink, also noting the old man in the corner mid the plethora of species.

Fynn
    As the devaronian gives you your drink, you scope the cantina, finding it frequented by more people that you can count and a large amount of different species. You then see the old man, sipping from a drink in a corner table.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

"Su cuy'gar. Elek, Ni kebuu ba'slanar ibic vhehrugam.*" Volner says, before activating a retractable straw in his helmet** and quietly sips his drink

*OOC: Hello. Yes, I'm trying to get off this dirthole (lit. Dustball)
    **Believe it or not, this was in fact a feature of Mandalorian armor.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingPirate

"Coopani bora? Mhi gaan Ba'slan Shev'la."*
    Shuktsad finishes his drink, then puts his helmet back on and turns to approach the man who is apparently the contact.

"So, you have work, or have I heard wrong?"

*Need work? I need to get away (from this planet).

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

The old man looks up and sets his drink on the table "Yeah I do have work. But one or two men isn't enough. Still need more muscle till we can intecept the credits."
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Fynn eyes the suspicious looking old man in the corner for a while before deciding to approach him. As he strides towards the elder patron, two other armored individuals walk up to the man and introduce themselves. Fynn pauses a moment, then continues towards the now group of people.

"You look like someone in the know. You wouldn't happen to know where someone could make a few credits...would ya?" Fynn asks as he eyes the two individuals with the man.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Taking his drink and paying for it, Jahz heads over to the old man and hears the tail end of the response the man had for the two mandalorians. "How about 4 men and a droid?"

14. - Top - End - #14

R9 slowly spun around and followed behind his master, stopping beside him and looking over the others who had assembled around the old man. He let out a short string of beeps and whistles not directed towards anyone in particular.

"I've got a bad feeling about this."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingPirate

"Unless the job's particularly hard or the pay's very good, two mando'ade are all you'll need. Buzz off, the rest of you."

Turning back to the old man, Shuktsad ensures his sensor systems are functional and keeps an eye on the newcomers.

"What kind of work do you have?"

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

"unless of the job requires any sort of tact, in which case you two would be more of a hindrance then help." was the quick retort of the Zeltron. He had a bad knack of his mouth getting him into trouble, but Jahz really couldn't help himself. He wasn't without his own defenses, but these two large armored aliens could easily dispatch him with minimal effort. Despite this, he didn't back down or show any sign of fear. If there was one thing he knew about the race is that they respected strength. At least, he hoped they did.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Let's hear the man out BEFORE we start throwing barbs out, you two. Unless you're trying to start a fight, in which case, just say so. I could use a good brawl.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

The ma stands up from the chair leaning into his cane "I'd say two mandaloarians isn't enough, regardless of your reputation." He turns to Jahz "A... Jedi? and his droid, I presume? That would be a most welcome company" He then adresses Fynn "You would be a help as well. I think I have seen you in the pit once." the old mand straigten's himself "But were not to go guns a blazin' to the scammers. This is an ambush mission. Should you accept Gorram's terms you will rendezvous with his men to take out the changeling and the considerable entourage the he seems to keep. The pay will certainly be great, should the missio succeed and the credits be returned. The pay would be 10000 credits. Each. Interested?"

Shuktsad Ordo (Pirateking89)
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can't quite make out why, but the cane seems wonky somehow.
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2009-09-15 at 12:59 PM.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Done. In the confines of his helmet, however, Volner can't help but think, "I have a bad feeling about this."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Jahz was surprised that the geezer knew him to be a Jedi. He didn't dress or act at all like a Jedi, and his Saber, the tell tale sign of a jedi, was usually concealed. This only interested him more. With the quirk of the corner of his lips into a half-smile he said "I'm in"

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingPirate

"The pay is good enough, I'm in too."
    Shuktsad finishes running the system diagnostics then pulls up a notation program in his helmet to record everything being said.
    "So, let's have some details. Where and when are we planning the ambush? How many men?"

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Hmmff...imagine that. You're telling me my first job is with a shifty jedi, his piece of junk droid, and two mandalorian gun scum?" Fynn says.

After the man tells him the pitch, he contemplates the job for a while.

"Grrrraahhhlright...I'll do it. But you all keep to yourselves. I'll have my eye on you two" he says to the group, his last sentence he finishes as he glares at the two mando.

"And you...if I so much as once feel you creepin around in my thoughts, I'll make sure you're spending the rest of your days in a bed sipping your meals through a straw." Fynn spits at the jedi.

"Lets have the details then." he says at the old man as he sits down, crossing his arms and slamming his large feet upon the table.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Gorram has sent eight of his own men for the ambush. Any more and it would be too obvious. We know that the scammer is going north from town. Apparently he has a hideout there, but were cutting him and his people in the outskirts. He shifts, still leaning on the cane We know they're leaving later today, but we don't have any exact plans for theirs so we would be going into the site and wait for the scammer. We do know they're going today. After the changeling is dead or captured and the money secured, you will get your pay. Shall we go now?
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2009-09-16 at 08:05 AM.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

24. - Top - End - #24

R9 spins around towards the Feeorin, a response coming out in angry beeps and bloops, a tool arm coming out of one of his compartments with a electroshock probe on the end, the tips arcing with electricity. Nothing harmful to an organic, but likely to sting.

"Who are you calling junk, laser brain?"

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Volner looks at the droid. While not fluent in Binary, he still got the gist of what was said. I Like this droid. Now let's hit the road. Oh wait, this sorry excuse for a planet doesn't have paved roads. never mind.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Laughing at the large pit fighter and the droid, Shuktsad turned to the other mandalorian and the old man.

"Oya. Let's go vod'e. I'm ready to do what is needed."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Following the man out of the cantina and turning north, you walk for a while. At one point the old man takes a comlink out of his clothes and speaks something in it, but none of you hear what though it didn't seem to be in basic.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

You keep walking, but after a short walk more, the old man stops and makes a strange motion with his right hand high up in the air. You hear a click. Then the man turns and you see that the bottom of the cane is now hollow. It expels a blaster shot at Fynn, but misses. Four masked men in full black leap from the alleyways, holding some kind of small batons, with two small droids. The men set their batons into a stance and a gleaming red blade of light extends from each of them.

Roll Initiative.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingPirate

"You hut'uune chakaar!"

Init:
    (1d20+10)[11]

30. - Top - End - #30

As soon as the all too familiar blades of red light appeared, R9 let out a fearful electronic squeal.

(1d20+9)[20]