New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [nWoD] Extraction

OOC thread

Chapter 1
    An Offer You Can't Refuse

You have been rotting in this medium-security prison for months, and still your trial is stalling. Extraction is a new crime: no one in the United States has ever been condemned for it and the judicial system is still confused as to how many years of prison it should entail. How do you compare a man who steals an idea to one who steals a car? How much is an idea worth in US dollars, anyway? Is an idea private property? Is extraction an invasion of privacy? Could inception, if it's even possible, be a major threat to free will? While the moral and judicial debate rages at the Supreme Court and Congress, here you are, trying to get used to your boring new life behind bars. Californian prisons are notoriously overcrowded and you wonder how much time you will last before you snap.

One morning, a burly guard opens your cell door and gruffly tells you to follow him. He takes you to a waiting room just outside the director's office, where he leaves you unattended: apparently you are not considered a dangerous criminal. Two other inmates are in this room. You have never talked with them, but according to the rumors, they too are in prison for the crime of extraction. It cannot possibly be a coincidence.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2010-09-12 at 09:02 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: [nWoD] Extraction

A pale, skinny young man with floppy, matted black hair seems to have a uniform barely hanging off of him. Maybe the'll let us out? I've always said that holding us without a charge is unconstitutional. I suppose I shouldn't expect efficiency or reliability from the government. Whe he speaks, you detect a slight Russian accent, though it is very slight.
    "I reject your reality, and subsitute my own" -Adam Savage

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

An elderly Asian man, possibly Japanese in a somehow immaculate condition prison jumpsuit replies in perfectly enunciated English, "What we did was so far outside the law, there is nothing on which to hold us, and thus they are terrified to have us on the outside. A simple accusation would be treason, for we know secrets which should not be in our minds."
    Wandering to a chair and sitting down, his spine straight despite the many years, Shen put his fingertips together and prepared for yet another long wait before seeing an official.
    Still here, just a little busy to social post

You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin' command here. ~ Jayne Cobb

Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by: drKarling, The_Chilli_God and The_Chilli_God

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

A few interminable minutes later, you hear the sound of people arguing inside. Finally the director of the prison, a squat, balding man with piggy eyes and large jowls, exits his office. He looks even more unhappy than the few other times you saw him. He looks at the three of you with a mixture of annoyance and contempt.

"A pair of overbearing feds with broomsticks stuck up their asses would like to see you in my office. Alone. Apparently it's about sensitive matters. National security, if you can believe it."

Grumbling about being kicked out of his own office, he stalks away. You enter the room and find yourselves face to face with two men in dark suits, both of them in their forties and rather athletic-looking. One of them is blond and wears glasses, the other is dark-haired. And they do indeed stand like they have broomsticks up their asses.

"Morning," the blond one greets you in a flat, nasal voice. "So, I take it you are..." He glances inside a file he carries under his arm. "...Mr Ben-Shaul, Mr Shen and Mr Mokvitz. All of you currently on trial for attempted extraction. Let us introduce ourselves. I'm Manning, and this is Foster. Central Intelligence Agency."

He holds up his badge and offers his hand for a handshake.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.

5. - Top - End - #5

Taking Mannings hand in a firm grasp, Shen Yu said "And what are the expected punishments for this 'crime'"

You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin' command here. ~ Jayne Cobb

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Manning smiles, but his eyes remain cool.
    "We're not here to handle legal matters, mister Shen. I'm confident the court will come to a decision eventually, but it's not my problem. And soon, it won't be yours either. We're here to make you an offer."

Foster speaks for the first time: "You are among the most skilled extractors in the world. Which, I must admit, isn't saying much since there's so few of them. The CIA's extractors are not fully trained yet, and we're running out of time. Now, I'd much rather entrust this to loyal American citizens, but we need you to do a little job for us. A job that would allow us to prevent a terrorist attack on American soil... and allow you to walk free without any more legal hassle."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

7. - Top - End - #7

"You have my interest. Keep talking." Shen Yu says, his fingertips meeting in front of his chest, a smile creeping slightly onto his face as he pondered how he could turn this situation to a greater advantage.
    Last edited by Chineselegolas; 2010-09-19 at 03:48 AM.

Spoiler
    Show