New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [RIFTS]Combat Question

My group has currently taken to playing RIFTS, the character I built is a Bot R.C.C. which was built on 18 million credits, needless to say he's decked out in awesome. I went with a Large Basic Canine chassis and I am equipped with Eye Lasers, a Flamethrower, 2 Particle Beams, and 2 Mini-Missiles. I should have gone with a Giant Chassis, but I accidentally over-looked that part before

Anyways to the point of this thread: Is there a way for me to fire all my weapons at once?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [RIFTS]Combat Question

I'm afraid I have no idea, as I stopped playing Palladium RPGs years ago. I am curious on one point though, does your PC have opposable thumbs?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GURPS 4e Banestorm fantasy game: recruitment thread | OOC thread | IC thread | mock combat threads I & II
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

As a guy who played RIFTS once, I'm pretty sure the answer is no. Each attack will take up one "action" or whatever they call them, and I don't think there's a way to cram more than one attack into an action.

There's specific rules for mini-missile volleys, but that's not exactly what you're looking for.
    My Red Hand of Doom campaign journal: Part I, Part II
    Love the Third Amendment?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by NPCMook View Post
    My group has currently taken to playing RIFTS, the character I built is a Bot R.C.C. which was built on 18 million credits, needless to say he's decked out in awesome. I went with a Large Basic Canine chassis and I am equipped with Eye Lasers, a Flamethrower, 2 Particle Beams, and 2 Mini-Missiles. I should have gone with a Giant Chassis, but I accidentally over-looked that part before

Anyways to the point of this thread: Is there a way for me to fire all my weapons at once?
    Unfortunately, no. I've seen it allowed with a successful weapons systems roll, however.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Unwitting Pawn View Post
    I'm afraid I have no idea, as I stopped playing Palladium RPGs years ago. I am curious on one point though, does your PC have opposable thumbs?
    No the character does not have opposable thumbs