Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default charismatic races (3.5)

At the request of a pal of mine, I'm looking for races that provide a charisma bonus. I'm sure he's just trying to min/max his bard idea (bless him), so I thought I'd ask around. Level adjustment isn't a problem, since I just want to provide all the options.

I've looked at my collection of books, but I can't, at the moment, find the list of races I've found thus far. All I can remember off the top of my head is the chaos gnome and spellscale.
    Why is it the best campaign ideas happen when you're sitting down to someone elses game?

Pun-Pun is an example of the worst case scenario. Never, ever, push your DM that far.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: charismatic races (3.5)

Half-Fey is +2 LA for a suite of HD-based SLAs, immunity to enchantment, a fly speed, at-will charm person, and a healthy boost to Charisma.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Fax beat me to Half-fey, which is pretty ideal for what you might be looking for.

LA not an issure? Succubus. +16 Charisma if you can stomache the +6 LA and 6 RHD. I doubt that's useful for a build though.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Air Mephling.

+2 Cha, +2 Dex, a fly speed (10 ft, but easily doubled with the feat air heritage) and Bard as favored class. The drawback is -2 on Int, but that shouldn't be that big of an Issue. LA+1 and no Racial HD, you won't get flyspeed much cheaper.
    Thanks for Zefir for the custom avatar.

5. - Top - End - #5

Phenic gets +4 cha, +2 int and wis, SR 10+HD, and a bunch of psi like abilities

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

If you don't mind the BoEF, there's a faeling template in there that's pretty good for LA+0. Also try felinoid from the same book.

Catfolk (Races of the Wild) are +4 Dex, +2 Cha, 40' landspeed, some racial stealth and sense stuff, for LA+1. Very solid choice for Dex-y archer bards.
    Last edited by Fax Celestis; 2009-09-16 at 02:46 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Star Elves from FR Unapproachable East have +2 Cha among their racial traits. No LA.
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Lesser Aasimar.
    +2 Wis, +2 Cha, and a handful of energy resists. LA +0. Found in several places, Lesser variant is in PGtF.

Star Elf. +2 Cha, -2 Con. Favored Class Bard, LA +0.
    Found in UE.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

The Jaebrin is a +1 LA Fey creature from MM5. It gets +2 Cha and -2 Str, immunity to enchantment spells/effects, and an assortment of nifty bonuses.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

"What you must learn is that these rules are no different than the rules of a computer system. Some of them can be bent. Others can be broken." - Morpheus, The Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Krellen View Post
    Remember, Evil isn't "selfish". It's Evil. "Look out for number one" is a Neutral attitude. Evil looks out for number one while crushing number two.

11. - Top - End - #11

DruidGuy

I like the Hellbred race from Fiendish Codex II. There are two sub-races, and one gets a charisma bonus.