New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Question Stat me some weapons.

Hello my fellow play grounder. I'm at current running a Dark Heresy campaign for my gaming group. One group of baddies lead by a BBEG will be a squad of Emperor's Children Chaos Noise Marines. Stating the squad will not be a problem, what I need help with is stating the Noise Marine's signature weapons. Namely the Doom Siren, Sonic Blaster, and Blastmaster. Any help will be much appreciated.
    Thanks to Kpenguin for the Superb Avatar.

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael
    Master of the Forge, Hephaestus Faust, Gwain

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Stat me some weapons.

I shall clarify. I need help stating a Dark Heresy equivalent to the K weapons as none of the dark heresy books have anything even remotely close.
    Thanks to Kpenguin for the Superb Avatar.

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael
    Master of the Forge, Hephaestus Faust, Gwain

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

You may want to edit the title to say this is a Dark Heresy thread, to attract people who know the system.

I don't have the Dark Heresy book, but if you have WH40K codexes, you could compare the stats from the codex to the Dark Heresy book to get ballpark figures as to how damage values would convert.
    Last edited by Grynning; 2009-09-19 at 01:52 AM.
    My friend and I have a blog, we write D&D stuff there: http://forgotmydice.com/

Comedian avatar by The_Stoney_One

A Guide to Commonly Misunderstood 5th Edition Rules

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Do you have the 40k csm codex? Cause if you do, compare the weapons similar weapons that have stats in DH. It will not get you exactly what your looking for, but it should be a guideline. (As said above)

Also maybe have the weapons affect everything in a line up to their range (No long range, just for simplicity :P)

As for the damage values themselves... I suppose the same advice as before, look at something similar. Just remember to playtest whatever you give them first, just to make sure it doesn't end in a tpk :/

Maybe you could also add a bit of a condition, like for example a wp test not to take a level of fatigue, etc every time your hit by one. It would fit with the fluff anyways.

(Sorry about the generic advice :P. I'm away from all my books, else I might give you some actual stat ideas)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Going from the CSM codex:

Sonic blasters aren't any more or less lethal than the standard bolter, but their ability to fire on fully automatic (up there with a heavy bolter) is a definite edge.

Doom Sirens are like heavy flamers that ignore even power armor (nasty).

The blastmaster is practically an ordinance weapon- I don't have my DH books available, but if they've got rules for hunter-killer or krak missiles that's the lethality you're looking at. Plus they're a good sized area of effect, and kill people's morale.
    "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
    - Thomas Jefferson