New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Creating Power Stones

So, planning to make a Power Stone with a level 1 power and my manifester level as 1. According to the SRD the formula for cost is 12.5 x 1 x 1. I have to pay 1/25th of this as xp.

Is there are hard-and-fast ruling as to how this works out? Do I pay a minimum of 1xp for any Power Stone I empower? Do I pay 1xp for every two? Do I pay NO xp for level 1 powers?

Thank you.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    All credit to the mighty and glorious Smuchmuch, most generous and talented of artistic boardmembers, may life be forever indebted to you for your talents and skills for creating my avatar for me.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Creating Power Stones

Quote Originally Posted by CheshireCatAW View Post
    I have to pay 1/25th of this as xp.
    No - you pay 1/25th of the base price as XP, not the crafting price. So, for a 1st-level power stone, you pay 1/25th of the 25gp base price, for exactly 1 XP.

You can look at the scroll creation costs, since they're what power stones are equivalent to. Scrolls, unlike power stones, have 0-level versions, and they do in fact still cost 1 XP to craft.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Creating Power Stones

I figured I was missing something.

Thank you very much.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    All credit to the mighty and glorious Smuchmuch, most generous and talented of artistic boardmembers, may life be forever indebted to you for your talents and skills for creating my avatar for me.