Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default The Outback Campaign Setting

This is the Outback Campaign Setting; where the southern hemisphere is the northern hemisphere, summer is winter, spring is autumn and drop bears bear drops. It'd be awesome if it was a collaborative project as well.

Outback Elves

__Medium: As Medium creatures, outback elves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
    __Outback elven base land speed is 30 feet. Given their genial, laid-back nature, Outback elves ambulate at a rather accommodating land speed of 20 feet.
    __1 extra feat at 1st level and 4 extra skill points at 1st level as per Humans.
    __Immunity to non-magical fear
    __+2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison
    __+2 racial bonus on Survival and Sleight of Hand checks
    __Confounding Language: an outback elf may confuse others and obfuscate meaning through use of Outback slang; "ya drongo!," "Onya, mate!" "He's got a few kangaroos loose in the top paddock, fair dinkum" "Fair suck of the sauce bottle, mate" "programmatic specificity"
    __Propensity for Abbreviation: Melbourne Cricket Ground>MCG>G; this is a display of affection rather than belittlement
    __Names: Angie, Lizzie, Burgo, Johnno, Bazza, Mazza, Shazza, Dazza, Wozza, Loz
    __Alignment: Larrikin (Chaotic Neutral); worships Larrikin, a humorous deity who mocks others and flouts social conventions
    __Weapon Proficiency: Outback elves receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the cricket bat and/or longsword as bonus feats
    __Favored Class: Any; rangers have kangaroos and koalas as animal companions, wizards may have pygmy possums and parrots as familiars
    Last edited by Amiel; 2009-10-25 at 08:56 AM.
    To see the world in a grain of sand
    and Heaven in a wild flower
    To hold infinity in the palm of your hand
    and eternity in an hour.

- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Outback Campaign Setting

I don't have much to contribute, except that the map above is amazing.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Confounding Language needs crunch.
    Propensity for Abbreviation needs some suggestion of a game effect, or needs to be moved to the fluff section.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral but they worship Larrikin, a humorous deity who mocks others and flouts social conventions.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    I don't have much to contribute, except that the map above is amazing.
    Haha, yes, that it certainly is ;)

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    Confounding Language needs crunch.
    Propensity for Abbreviation needs some suggestion of a game effect, or needs to be moved to the fluff section.
    What if Confounding Language forced a confusion effect if a Will DC check at 10 + 1/2 HD + Charisma modifier was failed?
    Well, it may be an obsessive-compulsive thing, or it could be a cultural thing. How about ruling it thusly, the elf gains a +2 bonus on Diplomacy checks provided he uses affectionate diminutives; failure on the other hand, imposes a -2 penalty on Concentration checks. Other than that, it should be moved to the fluff section.

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral but they worship Larrikin, a humorous deity who mocks others and flouts social conventions.

Debby
    Done; yay, Larrikin.
    and eternity in an hour.

6. - Top - End - #6

RedWizardGuy

You know as a guy who wants to make one of these i got all excited when i saw it...was kinda let down when i saw how little there was
    then told Larrikan to go bugger himself with a didgeridoo(traditional form of worship) when i actually read it
    Sharks with frickin lasers? you mean sharks with those bloody..you know lazza things on top?you know? right yeah mate gotcha

Oh and in terms of physical apperance, rather than being fair skinned and having pointy ears they are bronzed and have akubra hats
    Last edited by Lvl45DM!; 2009-10-25 at 09:27 AM.
    I Am A:Neutral Good Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-14
    Dexterity-11
    Constitution-16
    Intelligence-16
    Wisdom-12
    Charisma-16

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl45DM! View Post
    You know as a guy who wants to make one of these i got all excited when i saw it...was kinda let down when i saw how little there was
    then told Larrikan to go bugger himself with a didgeridoo(traditional form of worship) when i actually read it
    ?!

Sharks with frickin lasers? you mean sharks with those bloody..you know lazza things on top?you know? right yeah mate gotcha
    Hell yes.
    It's sharks that shot lasers out of their eyes from which shoot more lasers and from which shoot yet more still.

Oh and in terms of physical apperance, rather than being fair skinned and having pointy ears they are bronzed and have akubra hats
    And must wear budgie smugglers for added brain bleach; I'll let you wiki that yourself.
    and eternity in an hour.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Come to think of it, a land populated by animals that are either highly venomous or strong enough to kill a grown man with minimal blows sounds like the typical D&D campaign setting.

9. - Top - End - #9

RedWizardGuy

Budgie smugglers? mate im true blue fair dinkum good suck of the sauce bottle stone the bloody crows pure as the driven snow aussie
    i know what they are...pass the brain bleach

Oh and what i meant was i saw it, got disappointed when it wasnt as serious as i thought then got excited when i saw just how anti serious it was
    Last edited by Lvl45DM!; 2009-10-25 at 09:28 PM.
    I Am A:Neutral Good Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-14
    Dexterity-11
    Constitution-16
    Intelligence-16
    Wisdom-12
    Charisma-16

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    Quicken Spell or Sudden Quicken as a bonus feat?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grumman View Post
    Quicken Spell or Sudden Quicken as a bonus feat?
    Very powerful, but it made me laugh... maybe through in another few bonuses to that (ability score boost to a mental stat?) and make them LA +1
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

12. - Top - End - #12

Elves?

now that's just plain insulting