Arcane Spellcasting: Must be able to cast 2nd-level spells
    Divine Spellcasting: Must be able to cast 2nd-level spells
    Psionics: Must be able to manifest 2nd level powers

Special: A whole lot of patience
    Skills: 4 + int
    Class Skills: I'll do later
    Hit Dice: D4
    NAME OF CLASS
    {table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells

1st|
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |Psionic Metamagic, Perfect Training|+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class/ +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class/ +1 level of existing manifesting class
    2nd|
    +1
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |Fueled by Magic|+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class/ +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class/ +1 level of existing manifesting class
    3rd|
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    ||+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class/ +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class/ +1 level of existing manifesting class
    4th|
    +2
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |Theurge's Fusion 2/day|+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class/ +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class/ +1 level of existing manifesting class
    5th|
    +2
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    ||+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class/ +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class/ +1 level of existing manifesting class
    6th|
    +3
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |Theurge's Fusion 2/day|+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class/ +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class/ +1 level of existing manifesting class
    7th|
    +3
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    8th|
    +4
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +6
    |Psionic Spells|+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class/ +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class/ +1 level of existing manifesting class
    9th|
    +4
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +6
    |Theurge's Fusion 3/day|+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class/ +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class/ +1 level of existing manifesting class
    10th|
    +5
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    |Universally Powerful|+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class/ +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class/ +1 level of existing manifesting class[/table]

Psionic Metamagic: By expending a number of power points equal to twice the increase in level by metamagic squared, a Mystic-Psycho Theurge may apply Metamagic to a spell without using a higher level slot.

Perfect Training: A Mystic-Psycho Theurge's caster levels and manifester level are increased by +2.

Fueled by Magic: A Mystic-Psycho Theurge may expend a spell slot to gain a number of power points proportionate to its spell level.

Theurge's Fusion: As a full round action, a Mystic-Psycho Theurge may use a power, an arcane spell and a divine spell at the same time.

Universally Powerful: At 10th level, the Psycho-Mystic Theurge gain one ninth-level spell lot, which can be used to cast any divine or arcane spell they know or manifest a 9th level power. They may gain bonus spells of this level through high ability scores.
    Last edited by Mongoose87; 2009-09-21 at 03:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Ring of Evasion means never playing a monk with monk levels again. There is just no reason to dip that stuff. I know we're all about using every part of the buffalo here, but can we just admit that it's inedible?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: Mystic-Psycho Theurge

No. Just no. You're giving 3 levels rolled into one, AND class features.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

However, you're losing 6 levels of each class, minimum.
    Last edited by Mongoose87; 2009-09-21 at 03:27 PM.
    Ring of Evasion means never playing a monk with monk levels again. There is just no reason to dip that stuff. I know we're all about using every part of the buffalo here, but can we just admit that it's inedible?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

This transforms the PC into a spellcasting monster, defiantly needs balancing.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

... and in the end, your power points and high level spell slots still suck :P

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

This is a really bad idea. You'll either be too weak(taking normal approaches, like wiz3/psion3/cleric3), or too strong(taking fast progressions, like UrPriest).
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by Iferus View Post
    ... and in the end, your power points and high level spell slots still suck :P
    Which is my I gave that Metamagic ability. To compensate.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose87 View Post
    Psion/Ur-Priest/Sublime Chord/This PrC multiclass with Precocious Apprentice gives you 9th level Psionic/Divine/Arcane

Cheese, when combined with more cheese, smells BAD.

Which is my I gave that Metamagic ability. To compensate.
    [SARCASM]
    You're fine as long as you have flavor, and don't advance familiar progression.
    [/SARCASM]
    Last edited by Eloel; 2009-09-21 at 03:35 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Go take a look at how ardent qualifies for powers. I'll wait. Right over here, just kicking my feet.

Oh, you're back? Yeah, it looks like it's totally based off of ML, doesn't it?
    What? Oh, yeah, practiced manifester. Huh. Yeah.
    Last edited by Doc Roc; 2009-09-21 at 03:53 PM.
    Lagren: I took Livers Need Not Apply, only reflavoured.
    DocRoc: to?
    Lagren: So whenever Harry wisecracks, he regains HP.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Psionic Metamagic: By expending a number of power points equal to twice the increase in level by metamagic squared, a Mystic-Psycho Theurge may apply Metamagic to a spell without using a higher level slot.
    Can you say Persistent Time Stop?
    Rogue Handbook | Warmage Rebuild | Diablo's Assassin | Revised Classes
    Potpourri Creation Contest II Winner: Desert Martial Adept Substitution Levels
    Potpourri Creation Contest III Best Characterization: Edward the Sly's Lucky Spells
    Prestige Class Contest XXI Submission: Child of the Seelie Court

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PId6 View Post
    Time Stop does not qualify for persist.
    Lagren: I took Livers Need Not Apply, only reflavoured.
    DocRoc: to?
    Lagren: So whenever Harry wisecracks, he regains HP.

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by PId6 View Post
    I could, but then I'd be here all day

Anyways, like I said, it's just a silly idea I came up with. Nothing serious.

I'd also considered giving him 1 HP per level not D4s, to make up for his vast number of spells.
    Last edited by Mongoose87; 2009-09-21 at 04:10 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

With normal entry (3/3/3), this is a frankly cruel newb trap. A fool's bargain.

With optimized entry (3/1/1), this is a very powerful psion, stronger than Spell-to-Power erudite, even (and even better as a StP erudite).

There is no way to balance this. It's either a hideous trap that a new player would think is powerful and fall very far behind the power curve to take, or an insane powergamer's dream-PrC comparable to the things you find on the D&D Wiki. If you try to compensate for one problem you make the other worse.
    Last edited by FMArthur; 2009-09-21 at 04:10 PM.
    • Chameleon Base Class [3.5]/[PF]: A versatile, morphic class that mimics one basic party role (warrior, caster, sneak, etc) at a time. If you find yourself getting bored of any class you play too long, the Chameleon is for you!
    • Warlock Power Sources [3.5]: Making Hellfire Warlock part of the base class and providing other similar options for Warlocks whose powers don't come from devils.

14. - Top - End - #14

Be a Human and take Earth Sense and Earth Spell at 1st level. Wizard 1/Archivist 1/Telepath 3 qualifies. He doesn't get any kind of 9th level spell, but he's still crazy-powerful.

If you use Ur-Priest and Sublime Chord, it gets worse.
    If you need D20 optimization advice or real-life advice, my PM box is always open.
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    Hail unto thee Jalor, First Favoured of the Carbonation Gods!
    Quote Originally Posted by Syka View Post
    I now confess my undying admiration of Jalor. You are a god amongst men for that surprisingly subtle use of Firefly.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

Well, what about lowering entry requirements so it's not a newbie trap, and cutting the spellcasting/manifesting to < 10/10? Doesn't solve the Ur-Priest problem but then, if a DM allows homebrew classes, they can certainly disallow cheesy 1st party classes.

e.g.
    2nd level casting/manifesting in one, 1st level in the others. Plus some clever wording to bypass the wacky feat tricks.

Progression maybe 7/10 for primary, 9/10 for secondary casting.

Also extend the class to 15 levels.
    Someday I'll have my anxiety under control, but until then, I'm prone to sudden month-long disappearances.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Banned

I'd argue that Ur-Priest is not cheesy, it's simply an excellent way to do a multiclass caster without being way behind. Sure, it's definitely Tier-1, but I'm not sure Wizard 9/Ur-Priest 2/Mystic Theurge 8/something else 1 is going to be better than Wizard/full-casting-PrCs 20. Certainly not stronger than the Shadowcraft Mage or Incantatrix or whatever.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'll take this and add it to the Trinity Theurge!!! Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!
    Although I might want to add, please don't judge this class due to my remark. It seems fine to me.