New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default DethMuncher threadfailed. Delete please.

So, basically, this thread is on the question of "What do you do when you switch pantheons?" I mean, the original D&D pantheon has the God of X Race or the Goddess of Y Race or what have you, but how would you translate that to, say, the Asgardian Pantheon (or, Ysgardian, for some of you)?
    Last edited by Deth Muncher; 2009-09-25 at 04:09 PM.
    Mega-tar by AlterForm. Power Up!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: >3.5< Screw the D&D Pantheon, I've got ASGARD.

Translate what?
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    So, basically, this thread is on the question of "What do you do when you switch pantheons?" I mean, the original D&D pantheon has the God of X Race or the Goddess of Y Race or what have you, but how would you translate that to, say, the Asgardian Pantheon (or, Ysgardian, for some of you)?
    technically they can interbreed, making them all the same race :)
    so you could just say that gods either "mark" or give "rewards" to their followers. Aka, god of war gives "orcish" features to his followers. God of magic "elvish" features.
    I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman!

the glass is always 100% full. Approximately 50% of its volume is full of dihydrogen monoxide and some dissolved solutes, and approx 50% a mixture of gasses known as "air" which contains roughly (by volume) 78.08% nitrogen, 20.95% oxygen, 0.93% argon, 0.038% carbon dioxide, and trace amounts of other gases.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Actually, there's this wonderful book called Deities and Demigods that came out in 3rd Ed, which details this specifically.

DUHHHH.

Sorry, that's a research-fail on my part, guys. Thread over, I suppose.
    Mega-tar by AlterForm. Power Up!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.