New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Combining SAGA and DnD need help

Ok so I posted a homebrew project a while agoand have been working on it even though the thread died. I need suggestions on how to combine SAGAs way where you can take a feat to gain force powers and DnD's method where you gain spells by lvl. My idea is that the feat offers powers that can't be gained by the lvl progression and that they are refreshed whenever you rest for a minute and the ones you gain by level can only be refreshed by sleeping as per DnD. Thoughts or suggestions?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Combining SAGA and DnD need help

Just to understand it right: You want to use both system simultaneously?
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
    Just to understand it right: You want to use both system simultaneously?
    I'm combining parts of them to create a new system. As for both systems of the powers then yes I plan to use them at the same time.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

As much as I hate to use these words... "You should take a look at Tome of Battle."

(I'm feeling so dirty now... )

Tome of battle has three classes that have a small number of "spells", that generally target the character himself or his weapon, which he can use a limited number of times per combat. After the fight is over, he can regain his powers and use them again in the next fight.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
    As much as I hate to use these words... "You should take a look at Tome of Battle."

(I'm feeling so dirty now... )

Tome of battle has three classes that have a small number of "spells", that generally target the character himself or his weapon, which he can use a limited number of times per combat. After the fight is over, he can regain his powers and use them again in the next fight.
    So are you suggesting I have manuver type powers available via feats or are they the ones that are gained per level?