Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Story of Ash, Chapter 2 - Let's Play Monster Rancher Advance 2!

i know, imean in the future, when she's unfrozen :P

granted it wont actually be possible since youcan only have one monster at any given time, but i think rule of plot and rule of funny could overcome that :P
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #242

Default Winding up to Endgame?

Doughnut's stats were looking pretty decent. If we were lucky, we could do a bit of training and be ready for the next official tournament in a few months.

Sound alright to you Doughnut?
    Do!

Man, I'm sure that'd make a great training montage set to some 80's music. Or maybe 90's music, since 80's music is pretty cliche.

And just before the tournament was Doughnut's birthday. A good luck sign, surely.

Eventually, of course, the tournament came.
    I believe in you, Doughnut.
    : I'm sure you'll do great!

This is it... the last tournament before...
    :...before you can go home.
    Right. After all this time it feels so weird to say.

The competition doesn't look too bad today.
    : They all seem downright dull.

Up first was a Tiger named Dodge. A dull, brown-colored Tiger.

It started the fight by launching an ice bomb at Doughnut. It froze half the arena when it hit. Why does every other monster get a cool move while Doughnut is still stuck with...

HEAD BUTT FROM HELL. (Actually, now that I think about it... Pixie didn't have many cool moves either. Just stuck with kicks, slaps, and that energy ball).

But it's powerful, at least. Or Doughnut is. Either or, Doughnut is a beast, so that's cool.

Next up was a monochrome Pixie, straight from an ancient Disney cartoon.

But HOLY CRAP IT'S A SUCCUBUS (and Doughnut doesn't even have any cold iron)!

Clearly this calls for a good hug? I just don't get Doughnut some times.

But hey, the judges, for whatever reason, decided to declare Doughnut the winner, so it's all good.

I think this was the only brightly colored thing in the contest. Didn't change anything, but felt I should point this out.

Stupid monster, that's not splash! It's mud-slap!
    Don't let this injustice stand, Doughnut!

And of course, he didn't. As confusing as he is, Doughnut is very loyal.

And like all of this species, it always turns into some weird hallucinations.

I swear, if I ever get one of those, shoot me. We'd never win again.

Alright, time for the toy duck thing.

...it fell apart. We're about halfway through the ranks, and we're fighting an opponent that fell apart.

Doughnut was smart and used the time to try and defeat it. Although I'm pretty sure he could have won without doing anything at that point.

Estevez managed to pull himself together just in time for the judges to declare him the loser. Sucks for him.

The final battle of the tournament. I was hoping for something truly epic.

Doughnut started off with his patented attack which I'm getting really tired of naming.

And demonic robed thing countered with some attack called Pokorin. With a name like that, I was expecting EPIC.

...how epic. It may feel more and more like home the more I stay here, but this world never ceases to disappoint me.

And I'm pretty sure the judges were just as disappointed as I was, since they declared Doughnut the winner pretty much right after that. So yeah.

Great job, Doughnut! I knew you could do it!
    : Yeah, Doughnut! You're getting pretty skilled, and you're only 2 years old!
    Do...

A wonderful achievement! Let's go to town and see if Karnab's ready to go check out the ruins!

----

: Canute.
    What are you doing here?
    : I decided to indulge myself and enter a tournament. I just finished defeating everyone within the first 10 seconds.
    If you're facing people like the ones we are, I wouldn't call that much of an accomplishment.
    : Anyway, I heard you finally made B rank. About time, if you ask me, since you've been training for roughly seven years now. Anyway, I'm off. That's all I wanted to tell you.
    ...Seven... years...
    : Ash? Are you okay?
    Seven... years?
    : Ash!?
    SEVEN YEARS?!? THERE'S NO WAY I'VE BEEN HERE FOR FIVE YEARS!!!
    : Calm down Ash, everything's al-
    DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN, HOLLY!! I'VE BEEN AWAY FROM MY HOME FOR SEVEN GODDAMN YEARS!! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I'VE MISSED IN ALL THAT TIME?!? I'VE MISSED EVERYTHING! I CAN'T EVEN BE SURE THAT ANYONE WILL REMEMBER ME WHEN I GET HOME!!
    : Don't worry, Ash. Dimension hopping is weird. Maybe when you get home, it'll be just like when you l-
    HOLLY, I KNOW YOU'RE TRYING TO HELP, BUT SHUT UP! I'M PRETTY SURE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO SPEND HALF YOUR LIFE IN SOME WORLD AWAY FROM YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND ANYBODY YOU'VE EVER LOVED!! AND NOT JUST THAT, WHAT ABOUT MY POOR MOM?! SHE'S BEEN WITHOUT HER SON FOR SEVEN YEARS NOW!! I... I JUST... ARSUIFHSD
    : Come on Ash, I know it's got to be tough, but if you're like this, we won't be able to go to the ruins and you'll never get home.
    I... FASF.... fraggle.... how the hell did I not notice it's been seven GODDAMN YEARS?!
    : ...
    ....I'm sorry, Holly, but I'm sure you can understand why I'm so upset. Seven years away from my home, my friends, my family... without any of my loved ones. You've been there for me, Holly, but...
    : But what?
    ...just but. It... it's hard to explain...

----
    Drama! Dun dun dun! Could this mean the ending is nearing? Stay tuned!
    Last edited by The Dark Fiddler; 2010-04-11 at 06:32 PM.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Banned

You've now given yourself more of a reason to do an FFI/III LP. Holly goes with you.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

GASP! THE SUSPENSE!

I like this last update. Canute was funny

Go go Fiddler!
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

5. - Top - End - #245

Default If Only Ya'll Were That Lucky

: Hello.
    : Ah, Holly! Ash! I heard you made Rank B, and was wondering when you'd be coming around.
    Enough small talk, let's get exploring.
    : You seem pretty aggravated, is everything okay?
    Actually, no i-
    : Oh wait, I realized I don't care. To adventure!

Holly, I don't like that smile.
    : You get used to it.

: It still looks the same as last time. Wouldn't somebody have come through and explored since then?
    : Nah, we're the only ones allowed here. C'mon, let's get cracking.

God, two steps in and it's already a damn maze.

: Looks like there's nothing left, time turn around and go back!
    Jeez, Holly, there's like... a thousand paths here. We're not leaving yet.

: It's faded so much that it's so hard to read, though...
    : It looks like a person, but he's about twice as tall as a normal human...
    Doubt it's anything important. Let's keep moving. We have too much to explore and too little time.

: I think it looks promising. I say go for it.

There's a lot of useless stuff here in these ruins.
    : What, you expect every house to contain magical trans-dimensional teleporting powers?
    : Hey, it looks like Doughnut found something!

Oh joy.
    : Ash, you're being a jerk again.
    Sorry, it's just so agonizing to be so close to me being able to go home, you know?
    : ...yes, I do...
    : Enough yapping about things I don't understand, let's keep moving.

Keep moving?
    : Yeah, keep moving.

Yeah, alright.

...I really shouldn't expect anything else from these ruins, after the last ones.
    : You get used to it eventually!
    : Hey, guys... where's Doughnut?
    ...what?

: We're going to have to go home and get help!
    I dunno, Holly. We knew where he was a minute ago, quite literally, so he can't be that far, and wouldn't leaving to get help put him in more danger as we left him to freeze?
    : No no, we need to go get help!
    *sigh* I swear I'll never understand your logic, Holly.
    : We've found all we're likely to anyway; nothing we'd miss by going to get help.
    ...so, no universe hopping?
    : Not here, it seems. Oh well, even experts like myself can be wrong sometimes.
    ----

: He was in our bag the entire time! How embarrassing of a mistake!
    : ...oh, look! It's Aroma!

: I heard about the ruins you guys found! Congrats!
    Hi.
    : Hi Aroma.
    : Wow, you guys seem pretty upset...

: ...okay then...

: So what's up?
    : Oh, nothing much...
    : Oh, come on Holly. You and Ash are both pretty upset right now, and it's really obvious, so just tell me.
    : ...well, Ash was thinking about leaving...
    : What? No! He can't leave! He doesn't know how I feel him!
    : I'm pretty sure he knows how you feel...
    : You managed to talk him out of it though, right?!
    : Well, I tricked him, but same thing I suppose.
    : Good, good... then there's still time...
    : But I think I might let him go. He deserves to go home, even if it'd be really sad to see him go.
    : ...I'm going to pretend I didn't see that.
    : Let's go back. Ash is probably wondering about us.
    ----
    Hi, Holly here. Ash has been a bit sad ever since we came home from the ruins, so I'm gonna tell the next bit of the story, okay? I can't really blame him. Karnab says there wasn't anything else there, but he could have been wrong, the temple might still have been there.

Still, even with Ash's depression, training went on as normal. I tried cheering him up, but nothing I did really had any lasting impact. I felt really guilty for having tricked him into coming home... it was really selfish.

Eventually, the next official tournament was coming up. I was hoping that would cheer him up, as unlikely as that was.

And then it suddenly struck me how far we'd come in the nearly eight years Ash had been here. He'd started with no experience here, and now here we were, past halfway to the top.

: Galvin? You entered?
    : You bet! Been training up some new monsters!
    : Well, this should be a great challenge for Doughnut, shouldn't it Ash?
    Yeah, I suppose.
    Yeah, it didn't seem to be working.

The competition looked stiff, but it always did, and Doughnut always won. I was sure he'd do great.

And the first battle would only cement this belief in my mind.
    God, look at that bright and cheery monster. The universe is taunting me... what reason is there to be happy?
    : Come on, Ash, cheer up. I'm sure we'll find the temple soon enough!
    I don't think I did very good cheering him up.

The officials eventually declared Doughnut the winner.

And none of the other fighters did much better, of course. Doughnut at this point was like a battling god... for his rank, of course.

Last up was Gavin's monster, a Golem. Doughnut always had problem against them, so this battle was sure to be tough.

It started with the Golem smashing the ground to pieces with a mighty punch.

And Doughnut, with great, unwavering bravery, charged straight into the attack.

...and after an epic battle, Doughnut was declared the winner. This was the first time he had beaten a Golem, it was so happy!
    : Hey, Ash, didn't Doughnut do great?!
    Yeah, I suppose he did.
    Poor Ash. Still, Doughnut won the match and the tournament, so we were moving up. Surprisingly, after getting the certificate for the next rank the next day, we got a visitor.

: Mr. Chairman! Hello!
    : Hello Holly, Ash. I'm sure you're just as busy as I am so I'll keep this quick; after seeing the amazing progress you've made, we've decided that we want you two to represent our great region in the upcoming Amity Cup, which as you surely know is the meet between all the major regions, with the best breeders only.
    : Wow! What a great honor! Right, Ash?
    Sure.
    : Cheer up, Ash! We can't have you that upset when the meet comes!
    : Well, whatever's bugging you, I'm sure it'll work out soon enough!
    Yeah, sure. And then I won't be here anymore for the cup.
    : Anyway, I've got many important things to do. The next meet is in February. Be sure to practice, because winning a contest like this could get you permission to train a powerful monster!
    See ya.
    : Goodbye, Mr. Chairman! Thank you for this great honor!

Meet in February, it's November, and Ash is still upset.
    ----

So yeah, not ending QUITE yet. A bit of a long update, but you all deserve it for waiting so patiently every month.

As a side note, this WILL be ending soon, so if you have suggestions for the next chapter, feel free to make them (although the last chapter WILL be one of the second gen. Pokemon games, so suggesting that will essentially be a vote for the final chapter)!
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Banned

Again FF1 or 3.

I'm serious.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, Holly is a trickster? Say it ain't so, Holly!

8. - Top - End - #248

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    Wait, Holly is a trickster? Say it ain't so, Holly!
    : I'm sorry, Starbuck... I just didn't want Ash to leave yet...

9. - Top - End - #249
    Banned

Obvious romance is obvious.

10. - Top - End - #250

Quote Originally Posted by Zeful View Post
    Obvious romance is obvious.
    Is there any other kind?

On a less stupid note, this Holly was with Swoon for all those years. Can you really blame her for not wanting to lose who is possibly her only decent acquaintance since that hell?

11. - Top - End - #251
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wait, wait, wait.

Isn't holly like 30?

And, Ash is.....17?

K.

Also, sometimes I feel your characterization is a bit forced .

I look forward to the end so you can do another Pokemon lp.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Banned

Not really.

I stand by my earlier post though.
    You've now given yourself more of a reason to do an FFI/III LP. Holly goes with you.

13. - Top - End - #253

Quote Originally Posted by Raroy View Post
    Also, sometimes I feel your characterization is a bit forced .
    Master writer I ain't.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Fiddler View Post
    Master writer I ain't.
    Well, at least you're an expert on the fiddle, right?
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

I didn't spot this update until now.

It's long and juicy!

And I'm looking forward to the resolution!

As for next chapter... beats me. I think Pokémon, though. Being a trainer is what Ash is all about.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

if you've got an old gameboy color out there, you could search around for a game called "Dragon warrior: Monsters: Cobi's Jorny" it's similer to monster rancher, but plays like pokemon. it also has a sister game like pokemon, but i can quite remember it... and now i want to play it again...

edit: we probibly wont have time for it in the story, but a Dohnut/Pixie cross would no dbout be uber. with Pixies Int, and Dohnut's Str, it would be unbeatable!!!!!

...that is all....
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2010-04-24 at 06:35 AM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #257

Default In Which Holly LIES

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Well, at least you're an expert on the fiddle, right?
    AHAHAHA. Actually, I don't really play outside of my school orchestra (mostly classical) and even then I'm not very good so yeah.

-------

Even with Ash depressed, life went on as normal here. I trained Doughnut when Ash was too upset to, and he did pretty good.

Is it just me or is Ash REALLY emotionally unstable?

: There's no more exploring the Tapota ruins! A monster escaped from its trainer and was attacking explorers, so they've cut off exploration there!
    : What? Oh no! I hope nothing to severe comes of it!
    Eh, we're done exploring there anyway.
    : Still, somebody could get hurt.
    : Hopefully the problem will be solved soon, since AGIMA is getting together a group to go find the monster and capture it.
    : I hope it goes well. See ya Ayase.
    : See ya.
    : Well, that's some sad news.... say, Ash? Are those bushes moving?
    I dunno, bushes move alot. The wind here is pretty bad.

Is it just me or do get randomly attacked like every mo-

Oh, it's over already.
    : Good job, Doughnut!

: Oh, hello Chairman Murdoc.
    : I followed a stray monster here! Is everyth-
    : Yep, Doughnut fought it off!
    : Oh. Well then, uh.... carry on. And remember the first Amisty meet is in February. Keep training until then, as it won't be easy!
    :Alright Mr. Murdoc! Have a nice day!
    Right, more training.

Look at Doughnut, always training so hard. Sometimes I wonder if we work him too hard... ((The game doesn't think so, it says we spoil him.))

: More mail? Oh!

Huh, I thought Murdoc already invited us.
    : Must just be a formality. Thanks, Ayase.

: Wow, this place is pretty busy right now!
    Yeah, it's odd how things tend to happen right after each other.
    : Well, I came to ask if you wanted to be part of the group looking for the monster in the ruins, but after looking at Doughnut, it looks like he's not quite ready for such a dangerous job. Plus, I didn't want to endanger you since you're int he Amity cup and all.
    : Oh, ok then...

More training for Dougnut ((and for some reason, more training is becoming glitched. Now it's the normal accuracy training so I'm stuck using this.))

And before too long, it's time for the Amity cup against FIMBA.

: I wonder who FIMBA's representative is... dear god please don't be him.
    Wait, representative? Each region only has once?
    : Pretty much, yeah, so getting chosen is a great honor.
    : Hello Holly!
    : Testa! It's so great to see you!
    Who?
    : Oh, I forgot! Ash, this is Testa, my old trainer from FIMBA! What are you doing here?
    : Ah, well... you see, I was chosen as FIMBA's representative, so I'll be fighting against you! I can't wait to see how much you've improved!
    : Oh...
    : Don't worry, I won't hold back!

: Ash, I don't think we're going to win.
    I think we are. We always do.
    : Ash, you don't know Testa. He's one of the best!

Holy- what the hell?!
    : One of the best!

Stop it, Doughnut! You can't win this f-

...I mean, I think we're going to win.
    : I don't... what?
    : Oh, it seems you've really gotten better, Holly! I'm glad I got a chance to see you again!

...that was short lived. I can't wait to win the other meets.
    : Ash, I really don't think it'll be that easy.
    Aw, come on! We're the best!
    : ...emotionally unstable.

----
    SECOND LIE:

ALSO: Monster Rancher DS (technically the second game...) is finally being localized for American release!
    Last edited by The Dark Fiddler; 2010-04-25 at 07:40 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Strange that they think Donut isn't strong enough to handle the stray attacking ruins.

19. - Top - End - #259

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    Strange that they think Donut isn't strong enough to handle the stray attacking ruins.
    Indeed it is, but that's what the game says, not me.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

i think by this point our dohnut is strong enough to crack your spine in half and use your ribs as throwing darts for a target on another continent... while dreamwalking...
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261

Default Kind of a Let Down

You know, I still don't know how this is supposed to help Doughnut.

But the results are good, and it's amusing to watch so yeah.

What?
    : Oh, right, you don't know what it is. Uh, basically all the best breeders go to AGIMA and there's a test of some sort. It changes every year, so I'm not even sure what the challenge is.
    Well then, let's go!

: So many powerful breeders.
    I know what you mean, Holly. I hope it isn't a battle...
    :Alright everybody. It's time we get to what you all came here for: AGIMA breeder training today. This year's challenge is to go to the Tapota ruins and find 'The Proof of Dragon'. The breeder that does this will have a chance to compete in an invitational, and if they win will be given the rites to train a Dragon and the item necessary to regenerate it. Does everybody understand? Good.
    ...alright then, I suppose we're going to the ruins. Back the portable AC.

What, did you expect it to randomly change climate?
    : Actually, yes. This region is known for very inconsistent weather.
    : You should learn about the places you travel to, Ash.
    When did you get here?!
    : I follow you two everywhere.

: Yes, I have a feeling we shall find it here!
    : Oh, there's nothing here.
    : Bah.

: Surely it's h-
    : Nothing here either.
    : Blast! Let's try to move that rock and look behind it!

...you're kidding me, right? Doughnut is like... the Juggernaut.
    : Listen, I think Karnab's got heatstroke or something. Don't give any of his ideas credence.

: Surely it's here!
    : ...do you even hear what you're saying?

: Oh, look. You found something.
    Come on, let's hurry back home. I'm tired of hearing his rambling.

: Ah, yes it is. Attention everyone, Holly and Ash have won. You can go home now. Well, I must say I'm glad you too one. I foresee great things from you two. Anyway, coming up on the Third of May is the invitational. I'm sure you two will do great.
    Right, this was a fun distraction. Time to go back home.

: Those 'stray' monster attacks are getting really annoying.

I'd have expected better from someone with that name.
    Well, it's not like they're any challenge for Doughnut. And they seem to attract visitors.

: Oh, hi dad.
    : Hi, honey. I'm just here to give you your invitation to the Dragon meet.
    Oh, thanks si-
    : Stay away from my daughter. I'm watching you.
    : Just kidding. My girl's old enough to make her own decisions now.
    : About time...
    : What was that, honey?
    : Nothing. Bye dad.

Getting away from the family drama, we've got about 3 weeks until the meet. Not much time to train.
    : Oh, and to train a Dragon, you're going to need a bigger place. So yeah.
    ...too the city!

Crap!
    : Maybe we can sell some of the stuff we found on our explorations?

Why did we even keep it this long?
    : No clue, but now we have the money for the upgrade.
    Alright! We're moving on up in the world!

Happy birthday Doughnut!
    Do!
    ...just don't get too old too fast. Getting through all those ranks again would be pretty annoying.

Anyway, quick tournament to get our funds back before the Dragon meet.

No surprise, really.

And now straight to the Dragon Tournament.

: The flames burninate the countryside. It's time for the Dragon invitational!

Just one opponent?

...a... Dragon?
    : He can do it, Ash. Have faith.

...you're right. He's done this before.

You can do it Doughnut!

That... was pretty anti-climactic. But hey, you did good Doughnut!

Oh, and another stray monster attack.
    Last edited by The Dark Fiddler; 2010-05-04 at 04:32 AM.

22. - Top - End - #262

"… oh, and another stray monster attack."
    Heheh, nice.
    Last edited by Uncle Festy; 2010-05-02 at 08:00 PM.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

Hooray, update

One of the little Holly-faces doesn't display due to a broken IMG-tag. Might want to fix that

24. - Top - End - #264

Default Not Quite The Best Anymore

Life as normal, Doughnut keeps training. Although he does spend a lot of time goofing off like this, it pays off so I'm not complaining.

: Hey Ash, the official tournament is today.
    Great! Let's go!
    : If we win, we'll probably be tosses out of the Amity thing for getting a higher rank.
    I don't really care at this point. The 'stray' monster attacks are getting REALLY annoying, and I want to stop them.
    : You make a very good point, Ash. Let's go.

I can smell the victory. It smells sweet.
    : I wouldn't be too sure of your victory, if I were you. I'm sure those stray monster attacks you've been suffering have tired you out greatly!
    : Not really. The last one was like two months ago.
    : Curses! My plan has no- I mean... uh...
    : We already know you were behind it, Geras.
    :...can't prove anything.
    Don't need to, we just have to kick your ass so hard you stop, cause those attacks are getting really annoying.

Some of those monsters look different.
    : Well, it's the official Rank A tournament. You're gonna start getting the rarer, more powerful breeds here.
    And we've made it with little ol' Doughnut, the regular ol' Mocchi. I think we're pretty damn good.
    : Yep. We're almost at the top.
    Let's do this.

Those stats look pretty good. This might actually be a difficult tournament.

Okay, what the hell?! A GRIM REAPER? Really?!

...I think all those headbutts have done something to Doughnut's brain.

Wow.

Uh... what?

Do....
    Don't worry Doughnut, I'm sure you'll win next time!
    Do!

Wayne? What kind of name is that for a Pixie?
    : Doughnut?
    Shut up!

Considering the last battle, and our own Pixie, this is probably going to be a r-

Never mind. Good job Doughnut! Just needed a bit of a warm-up!

I do like the fact that we're seeing new monsters, but first a Grim Reaper and now a Demon? This is a bit unfair...

And yet with the new creatures, Doughnut continues his old tactics.

...what the hell is 'Thuk Thuk'? (And another attack that freezes the game. Oh joy.)

Ah well, demon thing can't fight.

Now this is pretty cool, a knight.
    : They're pretty underwhelming, actually. That sword isn't really much use.
    Blasphemy!

Oh yeah, this is going to be an epic fight.

: Told you it'd be underwhelming.
    At least Doughnut didn't get hurt.
    : Now you're up against my monster! You don't stand a chance here, you're going down!

Yeah.... what was that again?
    : Curses! My plan has failed!

: ...they shall battle again for first place!
    : I won't lose this t-

: Curses! I shall return, and you shan't defeat me next time!
    : Yeah, you do that.

Right, so we're at the max. What does this mean?
    : You know, I have no clue.
    A mystery for the ages, I suppose.

Anyway, back to training as normal for Doughnut.

: Or hardly working?
    : Hunter! Gavin! What's up?
    : Oh, not much.
    : Only that we've teamed up now.
    : Yep! You see, after I lost at that last tournament-
    More like destroyed....
    : ...I got pretty upset, and decided to start from scratch! I ran off and started training diligently day and night! We trained until we could barely stand anymore, and then we trained some more!
    : And that's when I found him. I thought his training was pretty funny, so I decided to help him out a bit. Eventually, we got to talking. We talked about you two, breeding, Canute, battling... eventually, we just decided to partner up so we could defeat you and Canute!
    : Oh, okay then.
    : Anyway, I was hoping we could battle. After spending all that time training, I wanted to see how much we've improved! Is that okay?
    I don't see why not, Doughnut could use some more training. You're on!

I thought you started over? Keeping the same monster doesn't strike me as starting over.
    : Oh, I couldn't ditch Vintole! Other than that, we started over completely!
    If you say so...
    : I do, and we're going to win.
    For some reason, I seriously doubt t-

: Alright! Good job, Vintole! I guess we're off, now! We've got more trai-
    Wait. How did you do that?
    : Oh?
    : It's a move we invented, called 'SlamBack'. We're the only ones that know it!
    Hmm...
    : Anyway, we're off. Have fun, people.

Holly, I think Doughnut needs some more moves.
    : Well, sometimes you can learn new moves from training at the center, sparring.
    That's it?
    : Pretty much.
    That's stupid.
    : It's the way the system works, Ash. It's just the way it is.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

I heartily support learning new moves!

Earthquake Weightstrike!

Rolling Heap Of Lard Evasion!

DEEPFRIED BAKERY ATTACK!!!
    Last edited by Weimann; 2010-05-10 at 04:33 AM.

26. - Top - End - #266

Oklahoma, where the air elementals carry brooms

Quote Originally Posted by Zeful View Post
    Yes! Ash, Hunter, Holly, and Canute in FF3!

By the way, I just speed-read through this entire thread. It was immensely enjoyable. Also, you learn new moves from paying monsters to let you beat them up? Go for it!

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

New moves sound awesome.

But not as awesome as an FFI/FFIII LP! Do it. You know you want to.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

28. - Top - End - #268

FFIII LP.

Just adding in my vote.
    Thelas

Ambiguously aligned Domain Wizard (Divination) 9/Iot7V 7 at your service.

If I am playing in or running a game and I don't seem to be showing up, PM me. Please.

29. - Top - End - #269

Sorry, guys, this week's update is going to be a bit late; I've got a lot to do this week, and I won't have the time until Thursday at the earliest.

On a side note, looks like I'm doing FFIII next, unless there's a sudden uprising for FFI. Wasn't expecting that, but if I didn't like surprises I wouldn't have asked you guys. Just know that if I do FFIII, you're getting the NES version, but if I do FFI you're getting the GBA version. Anyway, looks like I have a game to go play before the next chapter...unless you guys want a blind playthrough
    Last edited by The Dark Fiddler; 2010-05-17 at 06:21 PM.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

Blind runs are the best runs.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)