New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default (3.5) A Bard's Performance Question

Lets say a bard has taken Perform (Dance) (Accordion) (Oratory), for example. Each skill has been taken separately and he's invested points in all of them.

Could a Bard, after a series of standard actions, have three performances of Bardic Music going on at the same time?
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    All credit to the mighty and glorious Smuchmuch, most generous and talented of artistic boardmembers, may life be forever indebted to you for your talents and skills for creating my avatar for me.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: (3.5) A Bard's Performance Question

Nope. The Bard could Dance, Sing, and play, say, a fiddle simultaneously, but it would only be on Bardic Music.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

That's what I figured; I simply couldn't actually find where in the PHB it was spelled out so I could refute it.
    Last edited by CheshireCatAW; 2009-09-29 at 12:25 PM.
    All credit to the mighty and glorious Smuchmuch, most generous and talented of artistic boardmembers, may life be forever indebted to you for your talents and skills for creating my avatar for me.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by CheshireCatAW View Post
    That's what I figured; I simply couldn't actually find where in the PHB it was spelled out so I could refute it.
    It dosn't. But it does say that Morale bonuses (Like a Bard's effects) don't stack with each other, so even if you had 3 performances going, the bonus wouldn't increase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

But how about Inspire Greatness (Competence bonus), Inspire Heroics (Morale and Dodge bonus) and Countersong or some of the evil inspired semi-attack songs from Splatbooks. They dont seem to directly contradict eachother or stack using the same bonuses.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Accordian
    Sing
    Dance
    Throw in a pair of liederhossen, and you have the Best Dirge Singer villain ever.
    GMs 3.5, cWoD, Rogue Trader, Monsterhearts, The Pool, and Fudge. Narrativist, wacky builder, and dancer.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    It dosn't. But it does say that Morale bonuses (Like a Bard's effects) don't stack with each other, so even if you had 3 performances going, the bonus wouldn't increase.
    But, you could have three different types going. Eg. Inspire Courage, Competence and the other thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Ring of Evasion means never playing a monk with monk levels again. There is just no reason to dip that stuff. I know we're all about using every part of the buffalo here, but can we just admit that it's inedible?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gdiddy View Post
    Throw in a pair of liederhossen, and you have the Best Dirge Singer villain ever.
    You discovered my latest Gnome villain before he was unveiled!

His equipment includes Masterwork Wooden Clogs, Masterwork Steampuffing Accordion and Throat Lozenges.

Back on topic, he "could" do all three, could he not?

EDIT: And if he can, I wonder how many instrument types he could stack on... it wouldn't be so funny to see the One-Man-Band walking down the street anymore.

Well, it would be. But then you would die.
    Last edited by CheshireCatAW; 2009-09-29 at 01:06 PM.