New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Question Slam Attacks (3.5)

Good day play grounders. I have a question to pose, is there a way to get weapon enhancements and special abilities on a slam attack?
    Thanks to Kpenguin for the Superb Avatar.

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael
    Master of the Forge, Hephaestus Faust, Gwain

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Slam Attacks (3.5)

I believe the Kensai PrC from Complete Warrior would work. The Amulet of Natural attacks(savage species) might also be useful, but I'm not quite sure if it would work.

3. - Top - End - #3

Warforged with a Battlefist (Eberron Campaign Setting), Kensei, or Legacy Weapon the Slam itself (possible, but not likely to fly).

Edit: Ninja'ed on Kensei.
    Last edited by Sinfire Titan; 2009-09-30 at 01:03 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

If you are a Warforged, you can install a Battlefist for the low low low low low price of 2700 gp. In return, you get a +1 weapon that does 1d8 damage.

Yea....blech.

Other than that, being bludgeoning in nature, slam attacks are viable targets for the Greater Mighty Wallop spell in RotD. It increases the damage die size by 1 catagory per 4 caster levels and last HOURS per level.

And of course, there is the Amulet of Mighty Fists and the older Amulet of Natural Attacks. They do the same thing, except the Amulet of Mighty Fists is stupidly priced at a rate of 1.5x that of a normal magical weapon due to the odd slot. If anything, it should be DISCOUNTED 50% or more due to the fact that NECK is one of the most important body slots for anyone since thats where you get your CON from, and EVERYONE needs CON. /rant
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    If you are a Warforged, you can install a Battlefist for the low low low low low price of 2700 gp. In return, you get a +1 weapon that does 1d8 damage.
    You can enhance it how you like, in the same sense that you can bond any item to your body as a warforged.
    Give me any character, and I will give you a freeform conversion.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

The amulet of natural attacks in savage species lets you enhance a natural wepon for the same cost as a manufactured one

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

Most dms i know will let you take anything that you could take for "unarmed attacks" for a "natural attack". I'm assuming your slam either for a creatures default attack, or for a druid wildshape.

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Cultist View Post
    The amulet of natural attacks in savage species lets you enhance a natural wepon for the same cost as a manufactured one
    Only a single natural weapon. Multiple ones increase the cost massively.