New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [3.5] Wizard/Beguiler/Archivist build question

Hi all,

I was wondering - with judicious use of the Ultimate Magus and Mystic Theurge PrCs, how high could you get the three respective caster levels of a Wizard/Beguiler/Archivist build by 20th?

The aim isn't neccessarily to get 9th level spells, but the highest total CL in the three classes.

No Ur-Priest please.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] Wizard/Beguiler/Archivist build question

You can be Human and use flaws to get Earth Spell at 1st level, and it applies to all your classes.

Wizard 1/Archivist 1/Beguiler 1/Mystic Theurge 10/Ultimate Magus 7

You have 15th level Wizard casting, 11th level Archivist casting, and 8th level Beguiler casting. That's 8/6/4. This build probably doesn't care about the Beguiler spells and uses them as batteries for metamagic, and probably prepares a bunch of situational spells in the Archivist slots to either cast or burn for more metamagic. The real business end, naturally, is the Wizard casting.

I wouldn't recommend playing it, but it's doable.
    If you need D20 optimization advice or real-life advice, my PM box is always open.
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    Hail unto thee Jalor, First Favoured of the Carbonation Gods!
    Quote Originally Posted by Syka View Post
    I now confess my undying admiration of Jalor. You are a god amongst men for that surprisingly subtle use of Firefly.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: [3.5] Wizard/Beguiler/Archivist build question

Quote Originally Posted by Jalor View Post
    You can be Human and use flaws to get Earth Spell at 1st level, and it applies to all your classes.

Wizard 1/Archivist 1/Beguiler 1/Mystic Theurge 10/Ultimate Magus 7

You have 15th level Wizard casting, 11th level Archivist casting, and 8th level Beguiler casting. That's 8/6/4. This build probably doesn't care about the Beguiler spells and uses them as batteries for metamagic, and probably prepares a bunch of situational spells in the Archivist slots to either cast or burn for more metamagic. The real business end, naturally, is the Wizard casting.

I wouldn't recommend playing it, but it's doable.
    Would you be able to take UM first (with Practiced Spellcaster: Beguiler) so that you'll have 18th-level wizard casting? I guess one could go Beguiler 1/Wizard 1/Archivist 1 (w/ practiced spellcaster: beguiler)/MT 2/UM 7/MT +8

Or something like that. But then again, I think skill rank requirement could be a problem.