New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default [3.5] A Vampire villain for a level 4-5 party

I've got a little arc set up, more or less accidentally, and my players have met a vampire spawn and failed to kill it already.

I need something killable that's a magic-user, ideally one that might consider summoning a demon in times of desperation.

Ideas?
    playing in Seek the Sun: IC / OOC

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] A Vampire villain for a level 4-5 party

I'd go the "non-combat win" route. How many vampire stories do you know of where the heroes went in and punched vampires until treasure dropped to the floor? The group is going into a situation that force of arms isn't going to be enough alone.

Are there any potential allies or enemies of the PCs enemy?
    Is there a possibility of the PCs engaging him during daytime? (You pose no threat, AAAAG it was a trap! *immolation*)
    Maybe the group can try and hunt down the BBEG's lair and do an old-fashioned stake out.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Maybe the group can try and hunt down the BBEG's lair and do an old-fashioned stake out.
    I see what you did there.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    I'd go the "non-combat win" route. How many vampire stories do you know of where the heroes went in and punched vampires until treasure dropped to the floor? The group is going into a situation that force of arms isn't going to be enough alone.

Are there any potential allies or enemies of the PCs enemy?
    Is there a possibility of the PCs engaging him during daytime? (You pose no threat, AAAAG it was a trap! *immolation*)
    We're dungeon-delving: it's always night. If they beat this fiendish centipede, they'll get some tactical advantage, though.
    playing in Seek the Sun: IC / OOC

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bulwer View Post
    I've got a little arc set up, more or less accidentally, and my players have met a vampire spawn and failed to kill it already.

I need something killable that's a magic-user, ideally one that might consider summoning a demon in times of desperation.

Ideas?
    Four levels of Sorcerer, Cleric, or Wizard on the Vampire Spawn would fit that just fine.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.