New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Statting out a stalker (d20 Modern)

I'm going to be playing two characters in a new campaign, we'll be starting at level two. What I'm looking for is how to construct, mechanically, a good stalker-type character.

She's based (sorta) off of Yuno Gasai from the Future Diary series, and I'd like to capture a sort of rager-like vibe with her. I don't have any d20 Modern supplements. [/awkward thread starting]Aren't there only, like, two, anyways?
    Last edited by PersonMan; 2009-10-09 at 10:07 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Statting out a stalker (d20 Modern)

That's... that's this person, right?

Oh dear.

Well, Dedicated Hero is good for Spot, Listen, and everything else you need to keep track of your victim loved one. Take the Skill Emphasis Talent in whatever stalking-related skill you want. You might want to take a few more levels for the Aware and Cool Under Pressure talents. Fast Hero is good for Hide and Move Silently, though I don't see any stalker-ish talents with the possible exception of Opportunist.

You can find some extra d20 Modern material in the SRD, unless that's what you're already using, which is quite possible.

As for advanced classes, the Tracer (which is in the Future advanced classes section, but perfectly useful in modern-day campaigns) is going to be your best bet. It's full BAB, has all the right skills, has an ability that's basically Favored Enemy, gets bonuses to stealth, and gets bonus damage against flat-footed opponents.

The Infiltrator, Investigator, and Explorer advanced classes could also be relevant to your interests, but I get the sense that this character will be more about violence than obscure knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Statting out a stalker (d20 Modern)

Thanks. That's been incredibly helpful.