New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default [4] Defender Avenger

Think it's possible? The class got some nice power. Any tip? I'm playing in Forgotten Realms.
    Last edited by Tak; 2009-10-11 at 08:01 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: [4] Defender Adept

Your post makes no bloody sense at all.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: [4] Defender Avenger

Ment to wtite avenger, not adept. Also, I mean by that, behing able to take teh spot of a defender/tanking class
    Last edited by Tak; 2009-10-11 at 08:02 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    Ment to wtite avenger, not adept. Also, I mean by that, behing able to take teh spot of a defender/tanking class
    In short: No.

Long story: You can make an attempt to, but you can't provide any real incentive, unless you pull funny shenanigans, one of which would be hybrid.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

It might be possible, with a lot of shenanigans, but it hardly seems like the optimal choice. A hybrid assault-swordmage|strength-paladin would get you to the same place conceptually, I think, as might a simpler multiclassed paladin/swordmage.
    Last edited by Not Five; 2009-10-11 at 08:14 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

No.

You can make your avenger tough and tank like. But you need to provide an incentive for the enemy to attack you instead of squishier people to be a defender.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

It's not totally impossible, depending on your definition of tanking. A number of avenger powers isolates an enemy and punishes him for leaving the avenger's side. It's not tanking in the fighter/paladin sense where the enemy is punished for not attacking the tank. It's more of a "the avenger and the enemy go off somewhere by themselves and play with each other while the rest of the party deal with the rest of the enemies" type of tanking.
    Last edited by nightwyrm; 2009-10-11 at 09:13 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

You can do a sort of single-target control that works kind of like defending, but it is limited. If someone outside of your very limited sphere of influence needs protection, you can't rush to effective aid as easily as a real defender could.