New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default 2e Return to the Keep on the borderlands experience question

I've been pulling out a lot of my older stuff and rereading it, and this weekend I pulled out this little gem. Its designed as the first adventure your group will play through, and it's really got a lot in it. My question is what level your characters are expected to be toward the end? I don't have my core 2e books and more, so i can't just add everything up.

Anyone ever play this? And does anyone know of a 3e or 4e conversion?

Cheers!
    Custom Avatar courtesy of Beholder1995!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: 2e Return to the Keep on the borderlands experience question

I do not know of any D20/3e conversions of this, though there was one done of the original. If you are looking for an appropriate level range you probably will not find one by direct comparison between editions, as they are not equivalent. Without seeing it, I cannot imagine that a 64 page adventure for a first level party would expect a party to advance any fourth level, and in all probability that is quite generous.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

– Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)