Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Pika...'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009

    Question Has anyone ever translated The Great Modron March to 3.x?

    So I am becoming more and more in love with this wonderful race, and after coming across this and doing some research I know I must sooner or later run this module. Because of this I am hoping someone has already transferred the module over.


    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    I just want someone to hold me and tell me they love me. Especially when I am sad.


    Quote Originally Posted by Skami Pilno View Post
    The man who is dominated by fear of death is already dead.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    deuxhero's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fl

    Default Re: Has anyone ever translated The Great Modron March to 3.x?

    I'd love to know if anyone ever translated Modron's period to 3.X. Races that aren't riped from Tolkien are good (3.5 seemed to have a policy of ruining any published ones via LA, regardless of if they deserved it.)

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MethosH's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Behind the Wall of Sleep
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Has anyone ever translated The Great Modron March to 3.x?

    Quote Originally Posted by deuxhero View Post
    I'd love to know if anyone ever translated Modron's period to 3.X. Races that aren't riped from Tolkien are good (3.5 seemed to have a policy of ruining any published ones via LA, regardless of if they deserved it.)
    http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/modrons.zip
    It's BACK!

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Erutnevda

    Default Re: Has anyone ever translated The Great Modron March to 3.x?

    Modrons were in Dragon Magazine issue #354. Only has stats for the base modrons though, although I believe a Dungeon Magazine had one Hierarch Modron. Also, Primus was presented in a Dragon Magazine as a Vestige but I have no idea which issue that was.

    Edit: Ninja'd and outdone
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2009-10-19 at 07:20 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

    Current Projects:

    Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

    Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

    Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Pika...'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009

    Default Re: Has anyone ever translated The Great Modron March to 3.x?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Modrons were in Dragon Magazine issue #354. Only has stats for the base modrons though, although I believe a Dungeon Magazine had one Hierarch Modron. Also, Primus was presented in a Dragon Magazine as a Vestige but I have no idea which issue that was.

    Edit: Ninja'd and outdone
    I have been googling all over to try and see which Dungeon issue has the Hiearch Modron. Anyone know?

    ps. I always ignored the fluff about the Modron race being destroyed by the formians and such. It now seems that the Orcus incident was actually not Dragon Magazine making stuff up, but due to this module anthology?

    If so, is the evil Modrons and big ants destroying them junk also canon?
    I just want someone to hold me and tell me they love me. Especially when I am sad.


    Quote Originally Posted by Skami Pilno View Post
    The man who is dominated by fear of death is already dead.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    sadie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Basingstoke, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Has anyone ever translated The Great Modron March to 3.x?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pika... View Post
    I have been googling all over to try and see which Dungeon issue has the Hiearch Modron. Anyone know?

    ps. I always ignored the fluff about the Modron race being destroyed by the formians and such. It now seems that the Orcus incident was actually not Dragon Magazine making stuff up, but due to this module anthology?

    If so, is the evil Modrons and big ants destroying them junk also canon?
    It's your world, you get to decide what's canon. Don't let a piece of paper stop you from running a great game. :)
    Out of paper on drive D:

    Character Sheets for D&D 3.5 and Pathfinder | Download them both from Dyslexic Studeos

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Erutnevda

    Default Re: Has anyone ever translated The Great Modron March to 3.x?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pika... View Post
    I have been googling all over to try and see which Dungeon issue has the Hiearch Modron. Anyone know?

    ps. I always ignored the fluff about the Modron race being destroyed by the formians and such. It now seems that the Orcus incident was actually not Dragon Magazine making stuff up, but due to this module anthology?

    If so, is the evil Modrons and big ants destroying them junk also canon?
    Check the Dragon Magazine, I think it lists it (that's where I found out about the Dungeon hierarch modron).

    Have to say I like that someone is actually using modrons, I've only ran them once and then it was a short adventure dealing with ones driven mad by going through the far realm so it didn't capture the feel which modrons have.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

    Current Projects:

    Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

    Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

    Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006

    Default Re: Has anyone ever translated The Great Modron March to 3.x?

    I'm not aware of any material that states the modrons were destroyed. According to Dragon, some of the modrons were corrupted by Tenebrous's influence when he killed and impersonated Primus -- not brought under his control, but pushed to aberrant behaviour by the exposure to chaos and evil -- and the Primus he killed became a vestige. The rest of the modrons retreated to their central holdings in Mechanus to sort themselves out under a new Primus, incidentally making it easier for the formians to expand and become the dominant, or at least the most visible, presence on the plane.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •