New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default [4e] New Warden Powers?

I'm making a Warforged Warden with the primal parts being heavily reflavored into technological, and I was wondering what new level 1 and 2 powers came for the Warden in Primal Power. I don't have immediate access to the book since the DDI compendium hasn't updated yet, but I was still interested to see if there was anything from Primal Power I'd rather take than what I currently have.

So far, I'll be playing an Earthstrength Warden with the following powers:

Earth Shield Strike, reflavored as Shield Strike
    As you strike your opponent, your armor briefly shifts into a more defensive position to cover the counterattack.

Thorn Strike, reflavored as Rocket Punch
    Your fist fires as a projectile weapon, attached to your arm as a chain, which grabs hold of your opponent as you reel them back in

Earth Spikes, reflavored as Caltrop Strike
    As you strike your opponent, you release a hidden compartment in your body that throws caltrops all around the enemy, making movement a hindrance for all of your nearby enemies.

Form of the Fearsome Ram, reflavored as Battering Ram Form
    Your armor shifts and changes, covering your head in a ram-shaped mask and putting your weight towards the top of your body, allowing you greater momentum for charging your enemy.

Any new powers or feats in Primal Power that I should be aware of before continuing with this character?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Default Re: [4e] New Warden Powers?

Crippling crush is pretty awesome, +con damage when you slow or immobilize with a hammer or mace, which means you may want to consider Weight of Earth as an at-will over earth shield strike, since that means you'd be dealing [1W]+str+con + slowing at will. Not quite striker utility, but still pretty nasty.

If you don't like that one, Tempest Assault is a nice new at-will. Its rider is Con mod damage to one marked enemy other than the target within 2 squares.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Actually the storm warden as a whole might be pretty good if you go with an 'electrified' war forged.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Crippling Crush does sound good, but I'm not sure if I want to be pigeonholed into using a mace instead of an armblade.

Storm Warden could be interesting. I wanted to avoid anything too out-of-flavor like energy damage, but a taser-like thing would be cool for lightning damage.

I could completely see Chrono Trigger's Robo or something similar coming from this.
    Last edited by DiscipleofBob; 2009-10-28 at 01:02 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Armblades are so cliche anyway, just reflavor an attached warhammer into a clenched fist.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Armblades are so cliche anyway, just reflavor an attached warhammer into a clenched fist.
    D&D characters are only cliche if you've gotten to play as them before.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

I'm sorry, but this has to be said:

"Autobots, Roll Out!".

Otherwise, I have no idea about Primal Power (waiting for the Compendium Update), but that is one nice character concept. The "Form" powers make him a lot like a Transformer (hence the above quote...).
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Colossus in the Playground

this is interesting- same race and class as mine, but taken in the opposite direction.

Instead of reflavoring my class, I reflavoured my race to be a mostly-wooden construct created by Druid-ish, primal-type culture (The Witches of Rashemen).

Still like Thorn Strike though.

(Very Mortal Kombat Scorpion: "Get over here!" )
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    D&D characters are only cliche if you've gotten to play as them before.
    This is true...

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Elf View Post
    I'm sorry, but this has to be said:

"Autobots, Roll Out!".

Otherwise, I have no idea about Primal Power (waiting for the Compendium Update), but that is one nice character concept. The "Form" powers make him a lot like a Transformer (hence the above quote...).
    That's pretty much the idea I had going into this. I figure he pretty much looks like something from a certain horrible Michael Bay movie.

The 3.5 version of this guy was a Warforged Warblade Warforged Juggernaut (I was going for redundancy) whose manuevers would be similar transformation type things.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

You must name him "Mountainous Pine"