New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default (3.5)Ability score damage

Please tell me all the possible ways to get rid of ability score damage in a party with level 8 rogue, druid, wizard and sorcerer without sleeping it off or using restoration spells.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: (3.5)Ability score damage

Without magic or time it doesn't heal. If you mean spells besides the restorations then Heal and a few other ones will do it.

Touche River, touche.
    Last edited by BobVosh; 2009-10-28 at 05:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson
    Evil Intelligence is knowing the precise ritual that will allow you to destroy the peaceful kingdom that banished you.

Evil Wisdom is understanding that you probably shouldn’t perform said ritual while you’re standing in the estimated blast radius.

3. - Top - End - #3

...but how much time?

Depending on sources, and the people that need to get rid of it...

Bind Vestige (Naberius)

It's a feat from Tome of Magic. You'll recover ability damage at a rate of 1 point to all scores per round.

You'll recover ability drain at a rate of 1 point to all scores per hour.

Only works on the person with the feat, but anyone can pick it up. Naberius's bind DC isn't that hard, either.
    Last edited by PhoenixRivers; 2009-10-28 at 05:07 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

If your using incarnum then you can soulmeld Strongheart Vest and that reduces ability damage taken by 1 each turn, so as long as your not taking too much in one go it will reduce the overall amount you have to heal. Not sure if this is quite what your looking for though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    "You live and learn. At any rate, you live."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Bind Vestige feat doesn't give you all the abilities of a vestige; in the case of Naberius, you don't get the fast ability healing. You need a binder level to access that ability.

6. - Top - End - #6

There's a pair of rods in the Magic Item Compendium that heal a limited amount of ability score damage and have a daily use. You may be better off buying an Eternal Wand of Lesser Restoration or three.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground

May I ask why you need to heal ability score damage without restoration?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

I believe that it heals 1/day, and 2/day if you spend the whole time resting. I think.
    "Now if you don't mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down."

You know you're an epic wizard when you use a stilled silent extended quickened Gust of Wind spell to blow out the candles of your candle covered birthday cake.

Adventurers steal everything thats not nailed down. And what is. And the nails. After all, a bag full of nails can fetch a pretty penny. No doubt they'll weaponize it, too.