New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Help with making a Warforged Warlord

I've been contemplating making a Lv 3 Warforged Warlord and was wondering if anyone had any advice they could share on the subject.

I wanted to do was get plate armor proficiency and get the adamantine armor from the Eberron players guide. Is this armor really worth the lv 4 item slot?
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern.
    If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Help with making a Warforged Warlord

Not on a Wizard. ASF is killer. You generally have to go with Unarmored Body as a Warforged Arcanist.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!
    Avatar by the incredible CrimsonAngel.
    Saph:It's surprising how many problems can be solved by one druid spell combined with enough aggression.
    I play primarily 3.5 D&D. Most of my advice will be based off of this. If my advice doesn't apply, specify a version in your post.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

..Warlord, not Wizard. and "Plate Armor Proficiency" and "lvl 4 item" implies he means 4E, which means there is not ASF.

Me, a diehard 3.5 addict, capable of identifying a 4E help request by looking at the terminology. Imma gonna go cry now.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2009-11-04 at 04:24 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Wow I messed up. No clue where that came from.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!
    Avatar by the incredible CrimsonAngel.
    Saph:It's surprising how many problems can be solved by one druid spell combined with enough aggression.
    I play primarily 3.5 D&D. Most of my advice will be based off of this. If my advice doesn't apply, specify a version in your post.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Me, a diehard 3.5 addict, capable of identifying a 4E help request by looking at the terminology. Imma gonna go cry now.
    He said Warlord instead of Marshall. That gave it away.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Tough_Tonka View Post
    I've been contemplating making a Lv 3 Warforged Warlord and was wondering if anyone had any advice they could share on the subject.

I wanted to do was get plate armor proficiency and get the adamantine armor from the Eberron players guide. Is this armor really worth the lv 4 item slot?
    Warforged is a good race for Warlord; you need strength, and putting secondaries in Cha and Int give you a nice Resourceful warlord; TacLords are also good, and with Warforged Resolve you could probably survive Bravura, but I don't like them. Drop spare points (that you can't fit into those others) into Con; should probably leave your Wisdom a bit gimped, because while you don't NEED dexterity, leaving it at 10 is better than an 8. Wisdom you don't need.

My Warforged Cleric is rocking the Rimefire plate right now... there was Adamantine armor, but it was higher than 4th level, and I can put Black Iron on Rimefire Plate. If Adamantine Plating gives you a 1 DR, it's very worth it for a beatstick... that little bit to let you heal is worth it.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.