New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Magic Item: Inquisitor's Rosary (needs PEACHing!)

A little magic item I came up with for my level 5 Paladin in an upcoming Pathfinder game. Anybody see any problem with it?

Inquisitor's Rosary
    The Rosary of an Inquisitor is the symbol of their authority and their office. Inscribed with a personal Arcane Mark as well as a mundane etching below it, the Inquisitor's Rosary functions as an individualized watermark seal; if the etching and arcane mark don't match up, the Rosary is a fake (DC 15 Knowledge: Religion check to identify such a Rosary as a fake). The Rosary of an Inquisitor has a second function known only to the Inquistion itself; twice per day, the Rosary may be used to cast the spell Charm Person (DC 15 will negates) on a target. Inquisitors rarely risk using this effect for anything more than questioning; the temptation to misuse this helpful tool can often be overwhelming, and some corrupt Inquisitors have been known to bend the minds of populaces for their own personal gain.
    Such inquisitors rarely survive for long when the rest of the Order finds them out...
    Cost: 666gp (Hilarious, but that's what the Pathfinder book claims it'd cost)
    Creation: Craft Wonderous Item, Arcane Mark, Charm Person
    Look! Under the earth! It's a worm! It's a drill machine! No! It's FLAYERMAN!

Faster than a speeding arrow! More powerful than a bullrushing fighter! Able to mind blast large parties in a single round!

Ages of Alcyon: An Original Campaign Setting

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Post Re: Magic Item: Inquisitor's Rosary (needs PEACHing!)

A nice and flavorful item you have here. I like it a lot and mazbe I´ll implement it in my games. But, apart from that i have one problrm with this: Shiuldent the DC to identify be a bit higer? Because the avarage folik probably don´t what does ramdom inquistor´s personal mark look like, do they?
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started mine in the Players´ house in a large elven city.
    Boring, duh.
    GENERATION 17: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment

My Paladin´s to-be motto:
    Peace and love through superior firepower and divine righteousness.
    If you approve, copy and paste this into your signature.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: Magic Item: Inquisitor's Rosary (needs PEACHing!)

What is the caster level, aura, etc. If the cost is 666 then the price is double that.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

I find the price ironic to the highest degree. Also, it's spelled "wondrous."
    Last edited by Temotei; 2009-11-10 at 03:05 AM.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Temotei221 View Post
    I find the price ironic to the highest degree. Also, it's spelled "wondrous."
    I don'tm but then, i know what the whole 666 thing is about. I find it oddly fitting...[can't comment further as it's a biblical thing]
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

I meant it's ironic in the case that 666 symbolizing the antichrist, being that the item was made for a paladin.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).