New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Family Resemblences ItP

Does anybody have a family member they really look like? Who? How much? Describe, or post pictures for reference if possible.

For years, my parents told me I looked like my mother's cousin, Norman. They never explained how, or in what way, and I've never met the man.
    I did, however, recently get emailed a picture of him as a young man by my mother.

Spoiler
    Show

Does this devilishly handsome fellow look familiar?
    Hint;
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes, he does.
    Regular avatar by Dallas-Dakota.
    -----------
    Regarding mysellf:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Pretty sure that Anuan is the local weapons pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    Anuan's house is a HOUSE OF DEATH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    I'd go to his house and steal all the awesome.
    But I'm afraid I'd accidentally stab myself to death.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: Family Resemblences ItP

The celestial bookkeeper of reincarnations made a mistake and produced my sister before my mother was dead. I have no pictures (unless my sister has gone and scanned more photos in from that decade, in which case I will regretfully have to hurt her--the '80s are best forgotten), but I do remember my sister was toddling around when my grandfather showed me a wallet-size photo. "How'd you get a picture of [sister] in black and white?" I asked, only to be told that it was a picture of my mother at the same age.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

I'm very similiar to my father. However, the person I'm told I resemble the most is an uncle that I've never met and that everyone thinks is a douchebag.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

I've been told I look like a younger version of my father. But with height. =P

And my sisters and I look very obviously related, though they're both way prettier than me. =3
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

I apparently bear a very close resemblance to my paternal grandfather, who died when my dad was little. From the pictures I've seen I don't really see it to be honest, apparently I share his sharp facial features. I think I look quite a bit like my dad more than anyone else.

If Harry Potter had a long-haired cider drinking cousin I could probably play him...hmmm, now there's an idea...

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

I look like my mum.

It's actually quite scary to go through the old photo albums from when I was a baby. It's not embarassing in the traditional sense but embarassing how similar I look to her when she was my age.
    Mannerism RPG An RPG in which your descriptions resolve your actions and sculpts your growth.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

growing up I had family members mistake me and my brother.

even now I'm only slightly shorter and have lighter hair.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

People who see me with my dad say I look like him.
    People who see me with my mum say I look like her.

My brothers and I are essentially a perfect blend of both our parents. Our baby pictures all look exactly the same (except I'm occasionally in a dress . . . and they're not.)

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

My second cousin and I look quite a bit alike, I've been told. I personally don't see the resemblance much but...

Spoiler
    Show

I think I look a lot like my maternal grandmother, but I don't have any pictures of her here, so you'll just have to suffer on through.
    Last edited by cycoris; 2009-11-06 at 07:04 PM.
    My preferred pronouns: they, them, their

When I speak I'll cross my fingers
    Will you know you've been deceived?
    I find the need to be a demon
    A demon cannot be hurt

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm told that I look very much like one of my paternal great-grandmothers (my dad's dad's mom) I've never seen pictures of her at my age, but I'll take their word for it.
    My commiepuppy was a gift from BRC

Timeless Error stole all the things that I could possibly be mistaken for. *happy dances*

I made my avatar. If you want to see other stuff I made, click here.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

It's kind of ridiculous how much my sister looks like my aunt when she was that age. I don't resemble anybody, myself.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

I look like my aunt when she was my age. Other than that I dont think I look very much like anyone else in my family other then the fact that I have dark brown hair.

13. - Top - End - #13

I look like my dad did, but my one friend's whole family looks the same. Him, his sister, his cousins that I've seen, they all look the same. What's funny, is one time, his sister and him had the the exact same blank stare-into-space while eating at the same time. Beyond hilarious at the time.
    Chivalry-the practice of hitting things and claiming it is for the good of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    Apparently people can get jaded by over-exposure to awesome.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cycoris View Post
    My second cousin and I look quite a bit alike, I've been told. I personally don't see the resemblance much but...

Spoiler
    Show

I think I look a lot like my maternal grandmother, but I don't have any pictures of her here, so you'll just have to suffer on through.
    From this, you look like you have the same eyes and eyebrows.

My sister and I both have different bits from each of our parents. It seems like different people think we look alike depending on what features they focus on. I wish I knew where this picture of us with our tongues poking out was...
    Now, the really fun bit: Some friends of my sister's who know I exist but haven't met me and don't know much more than that keep having this conversation with her:
    "Hey, you have a sister in Armidale, right?"
    "Yeah."
    "I think I saw her. She works at Coles, right?"
    No, I don't. Never have. We have some mysterious 3rd sister who works at a grocery store.

I'm most like, behaviour-wise, my mum's little brother. He's certifiably mad (not sure what mental illness, exactly, but I believe it involves delusions of some sort and mania).
    I'm told I have my paternal grandmother's boobs.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

wish I had a picture of myself on this computer. it would shock all of you.

before you ask. I haven't shaved in about a month and have very bad bedhead. which doesn't really matter since I'm going to sleep. goodnight playground!
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2009-11-07 at 02:22 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Like DeeRee, people who see me with my dad say I look like him, people who see me with my mom say I look like her. People who see me with my sisters say 'ZOMG YOU LOOK JUST ALIKE,' and then my sister attempts to murder them.
    Personally, I think I look more like my dad and my sister looks more like my mom.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGirl

I look nothing like anyone in my family. My mom, sister, and dad (he passed away when I was young) all have/had dark, almost black hair. I was blond (and now a redhead since I started dyeing my hair).

Our skin tones are different, too-- my mom and sister got the genes from the Filipino side of our family. I got the purely Irish part; they're darker while I'm really, really fair (as anyone who's seen the pics in the "You" thread can tell you).

My older sister looks JUST like my mom. Whenever we went to open houses for school and such, they would see my mom and go, "Oh, you must be Tara's mom!" Then they'd take a confused look at me and ask, "... are you a cousin?"

I was told at one point that I resembled my dad in facial features. I think that's the most I'm ever going to get.
    Last edited by Trai; 2009-11-07 at 10:03 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    No one asked you, Haley's Latent Bisexuality.

I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all life's indignities.

18. - Top - End - #18

I'm half Asian/half white, and I look like nobody. I have my mom's face, but my father's wavy hair.
    I play World of Warcraft, NeverWinter Nights, and First Life.

19. - Top - End - #19

Planetar

My older brother is slightly taller and thinner than me, but I'm 16 and he's 18, so we're both still just leaving puberty and I'm starting to catch up. We have the same hair color, the same blue eyes, the same facial features, really our only difference not attributed to my consumption of more sugar is that I have a slightly stockier build. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any pictures of the two of us together, and he's not coming home from college until the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.
    Last edited by AshDesert; 2009-11-07 at 09:17 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

My parents tell me I look a bit like one of my aunts (mom says we have the same hands, nose, jaw, etc). People tell me my brothers and I look similar, but I don't see it. I think some people might say that AFTER they find out we're related and they look for similarities.

No one really looks a whole lot like me, but my whole family has the same general look, so we do look related. Apparently I resemble my grandmother in personality, if that counts?
    "Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other."

-Abraham Lincoln
    Love wins.
    my blog.

21. - Top - End - #21

I'm always being told that I look like my Dad!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Solo View Post
    Smelling nice and mind control are, I fear, two completely different things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Silver View Post
    Actually, I find your opinion perfectly reasonable. I'd be surprised if many people took issue with it.
    He's talking 'bout me!
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    And then my father comes at me with the teapot and says "Why. So. British?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    Hey, I can wait. I'm young with my entire life ahead of me. I'll dream of empires amongst the stars in worlds undreamt of if I wanna :p
    Quote Originally Posted by MasamuneSSX View Post
    There are no citizens, mind bananas. Go back to your control.

22. - Top - End - #22

I don't have very good pictures, but I look exactly like my dad. We have the same facial structure and body type, his hair is just grey rather than red. People point it out all the time but it doesn't bother me because my dad is a really cool guy that fights cougars and doesn't afraid of anything.
    I used to do avatars on request, feel free to use them.

23. - Top - End - #23

Oddly, no.
    My young self was incredibly similar to what my little cousin looks like now but then again his father looked the same at that age and he looks very different from me now.
    Personality-wise I'm very similar to my oldest and youngest brother and all three of us are more like our mother. My other three brothers are more like our father.

EDIT: Apparently my voice is very much like my oldest brother; people keep thinking it's him when I'm on the phone.
    Last edited by Fostire; 2009-11-07 at 11:58 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

My mother's sister's daughters(my cousins) were born some 11 years apart, but inevitably, there were always comparisons between the 2 of them, as the younger grew up looking a lot like the elder. When we were 3 and 4 respectively, my younger brother and I were always being mistaken for twins(I was undersized for my age, plus being lactose intolerant at a time when the condition was not well-known in these parts). Above the upper lip, I resemble my dad. Incidentally, before diabetes claimed his leg, my dad's brother looked like a slightly shorter, older, fatter version of him(with permed hair). Out of respect for all the others mentioned, I will not be posting any photographic evidence. For now at least.
    President of the Society for Hobgoblin Equality in Level Adjustment(SHELA)

Glowing Kitty from Lilly
    Wren Worgatar by Mephibosheth
    The Living Bullet!
    Unusual Inner Animal Avatar from Quincunx.
    Whenever you mention Pun-pun*SQUELCH!*, Ao kills another Kobold.
    Everytime someone says "Pazuzu" twice, Ao erases them on the next "Pa". Then he undeletes them so he can wipeinfo them from the multiverse.
    Everytime you kill a catgirl, I get more company.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Banned

I look a lot like Rowsen from these forums. Of course he is my identical brother, so that's kinda cheating.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    From this, you look like you have the same eyes and eyebrows.
    And facial structure, similar smiles, the same nose, and similar hair. Might be a bad picture, but the two of 'em look very related.

I look like my father, just younger, with more hair, and about a foot shorter. Everyone thought I was gonna be tall like him while I was growing up, but I pretty much stopped at 5'6". Since I joined the Army I've gotten even shorter due to back damage from running around in an IOTV all day every day.
    People who know my family well, though, say I look even more like my paternal grandfather when he was younger. The Schnepp men are patrilinial clones, 'cept for my brother who just looks like our mother. o_o
    My latest homebrew: Majokko base class and Spellcaster Dilettante feats for D&D 3.5 and Races as Classes for PTU.

Currently Playing
    Raiatari Eikibe - Ghostfoot's RHOD Righteous Resistance

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Oddly, I look remarkably like my parent's long term mailman. I wonder why that is

28. - Top - End - #28

When I smile, I look identical to my father.

When I have a straight face however, I look the same as my cousin.

People also tell me that I look identical to my older sister.
    This text is yellow.
    Spoiler
    Show

TUBATAR!

Why? Because tuba is the awesomeness.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy13a View Post
    Oddly, I look remarkably like my parent's long term mailman. I wonder why that is
    *Can't tell if you're serious*
    President of the Society for Hobgoblin Equality in Level Adjustment(SHELA)

Glowing Kitty from Lilly
    Wren Worgatar by Mephibosheth
    The Living Bullet!
    Unusual Inner Animal Avatar from Quincunx.
    Whenever you mention Pun-pun*SQUELCH!*, Ao kills another Kobold.
    Everytime someone says "Pazuzu" twice, Ao erases them on the next "Pa". Then he undeletes them so he can wipeinfo them from the multiverse.
    Everytime you kill a catgirl, I get more company.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

I have the same bodyshape as Lensman. And the same shortsightedness of his eyes. I have my mum's hair, colour eyes and am quite similar in personality to her. I have the same sort of face as my brother. A picture I drew of myself as a baby looks exactly like a picture my great-grandma drew of her grandma at my age.
    Last edited by Castaras; 2009-11-10 at 10:45 AM.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus