Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 47
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DracoDei's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Atlanta,GA USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default (3.5) Elemental Plane of Candy/Candy Land play-test data.

    ((EDIT: Other information on this campaign, especially cosmology, may be found HERE.))


    Two separate threads in the past, don't want to necro, but play-test data is rarer than hens teeth around here... so going to cut-paste the log of the first session... note that the stuff BEFORE they get Plane-Shifted is important since it establishes a hidden danger of the plane.


    Session Start (CFFWolfin:#DracoD&D): Fri Nov 06 09:26:21 2009
    [09:26] *** #DracoD&D: @DracoDei
    [09:26] *** #DracoD&D was created on Fri Nov 06 09:26:19 2009.
    [09:55] *** Remus has joined #DracoD&D.
    [10:02] *** Cho has joined #DracoD&D.
    [10:02] *** Cho is now known as Pallas.
    [10:05] Remus: woops... need to finish preparing spells >.>
    [10:05] DracoDei: Ok
    [10:05] DracoDei: Just ask me if you need any help.
    [10:12] Remus: the +1 in the spells per day indicates my school bonus, correct?
    [10:18] DracoDei: Yes.
    [10:19] DracoDei: Which you can only prepare spells of that school in.
    [10:19] * Remus nods
    [10:19] DracoDei: Now I haven't pretyped this stuff unfortunately, so I will have to do everything on the fly...
    [10:20] DracoDei: Maybe in future weeks this will not be true, especially once you get on a more set adventure path...
    [10:21] *** Spheniscine has joined #DracoD&D.
    [10:21] Spheniscine: Hi. :3
    [10:22] * Spheniscine checks if Clem is on Skype.
    [10:22] Spheniscine: Nope.
    [10:22] Remus: he should be here soon...
    [10:23] *** Skittles has joined #DracoD&D.
    [10:23] * Skittles lurks
    [10:24] Spheniscine: Hi.
    [10:24] * Remus pounces Skittles!
    [10:25] *** Wolfin has joined #DracoD&D.
    [10:25] *** clemaxgra-pocketdragon has joined #DracoD&D.
    [10:25] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: :D
    [10:25] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon turns out in time X3
    [10:25] Remus: hi Clem
    [10:25] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: hihi ^^
    [10:25] Spheniscine: Hmm... must an op invite her?
    [10:25] *** Mode change "+o Wolfin" for channel #DracoD&D by Red-King.Foxnet.in.
    [10:25] *** -irc.wagztail.com- *** Wolfin invited WagzBot into the channel
    [10:25] *** WagzBot has joined #DracoD&D.
    [10:25] *** Wolfin has left #DracoD&D.
    [10:25] Spheniscine: Hi Wagz.
    [10:25] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon just came back from the cyber cafe from gaming with a friend :P
    [10:26] Spheniscine: Hi Wagz!
    [10:26] WagzBot: Hi there Spheniscine!
    [10:26] Spheniscine: ^^
    [10:26] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: hi wagz!
    [10:26] WagzBot: Hi there clemaxgra-pocketdragon!
    [10:26] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: :3
    [10:26] Remus: Hi wagz?
    [10:26] WagzBot: Hi there Remus!
    [10:26] DracoDei: !1d20+7
    [10:26] Spheniscine: dice 1d20
    [10:26] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 18; Total: 18.
    [10:26] Spheniscine: Don't think it has modifiers.
    [10:26] DracoDei: Ah...
    [10:27] DracoDei: Need to get Wolfin the code from that other program...
    [10:27] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon pokes sphen for a skype too :#
    [10:27] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: :3*
    [10:27] Spheniscine: lol I just quit to focus on the game...
    [10:28] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: awwr
    [10:28] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon doesnt know what exactly to do yet :P
    [10:28] * Spheniscine isn't too good at multitasking
    [10:28] DracoDei: I think Robin might have said his attendence may be erratic.
    [10:28] Spheniscine: Ah.
    [10:28] Spheniscine: Yeah. ._.
    [10:29] DracoDei: Having your character sheets open in seperate windows so that both can be seen at once, or at least so rapid switching in possible is good.
    [10:30] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon headtilts since he thought he has only one character sheet
    [10:30] * Pallas needs the site
    [10:30] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: (Link: http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/...gn.php?cid=671
    [10:31] DracoDei: Clem: Yes, but since I was talking to everyone, I used the plural.
    [10:31] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: oh.. :P
    [10:31] Spheniscine: lol
    [10:32] *** Mode change "+vv Pallas Remus" for channel #DracoD&D by DracoDei.
    [10:32] *** Mode change "+cm-ctn" for channel #DracoD&D by DracoDei.
    [10:33] *** #clemaxgra-pocketdragon: No such nick/channel.
    [10:33] *** Mode change "+v Spheniscine" for channel #DracoD&D by DracoDei.
    [10:33] *** Mode change "+v clemaxgra-pocketdragon" for channel #DracoD&D by DracoDei.
    [10:34] Spheniscine: Wagz will need voice too.
    [10:34] DracoDei: Only if I moderate the room really...
    [10:34] Spheniscine: Is it?
    [10:34] *** Mode change "+v WagzBot" for channel #DracoD&D by DracoDei.
    [10:34] DracoDei: I actually don't know...
    [10:35] Spheniscine: Didn't you just turn on +m?
    [10:35] *** Mode change "-m" for channel #DracoD&D by DracoDei.
    [10:35] DracoDei: Yeah, but it was by accident and I might have also turned it off at the same time.
    [10:35] Spheniscine: +cm-ctn ... <.<
    [10:35] DracoDei: Ok... what are c t an n?
    [10:36] DracoDei: *and n?
    [10:37] DracoDei: Is anyone wearing an amulet>
    [10:37] DracoDei: ?
    [10:37] DracoDei: Or anything else magic around their neck?
    [10:37] Skittles: soooooooooo.... when... does... erm... the game start?
    [10:37] Spheniscine: (Link: http://wiki.inspircd.org/Channel_Mod.../Channel_Modes
    [10:37] Remus: Amulet of Natural Armor
    [10:37] Remus: (+1)
    [10:37] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: no amulet
    [10:37] Spheniscine: You probably want to set +n on again.
    [10:38] Spheniscine: "No external messages, users must be on channel to talk."
    [10:38] *** Mode change "+n" for channel #DracoD&D by DracoDei.
    [10:38] DracoDei: Not likely to matter, but sure.
    [10:38] Spheniscine: Aw man, I have to go to the bathroom. ._.
    [10:39] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: ._.
    [10:39] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon offers used water bottle to sphen
    [10:39] DracoDei: Wagzbot isn't logging this, but I am.
    [10:39] DracoDei: I will just be doing scenery descriptions...
    [10:40] DracoDei: --Session Start---
    [10:40] DracoDei: You all knew eachother previously to this, having spared with eachother at one time or another.
    [10:41] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: *gnaws on stick*
    [10:42] Spheniscine: Back.
    [10:42] DracoDei: You went in together to buy a ticket for a charity raffle that would allow the winner and several of their friends an all expenses paid trip to the Elemental Plane of Candy.
    [10:42] DracoDei: Much to your surprise you [email protected]
    [10:42] DracoDei: !
    [10:42] Spheniscine: Yay!
    [10:42] * WagzBot looks up at the exclamation and hopes it means a muffin is coming.
    [10:42] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: :3
    [10:43] *** Remus_ has joined #DracoD&D.
    [10:43] *** Remus has left #DracoD&D.
    [10:43] DracoDei: You have each been issued a magical pebble (they grumbled greatly about having to make a really small one for Clemaxgra, but the terms of the contract were clear).
    [10:43] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: ((aint cho joining?))
    [10:44] Spheniscine: Cho = Pallas.
    [10:44] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: o
    [10:45] *** Remus_ is now known as Remus.
    [10:45] *** Remus has signed off IRC (Changing hosts).
    [10:45] *** Remus has joined #DracoD&D.
    [10:45] DracoDei: These pebbles have a tooth cleaning and gum stimulating cantrip that activates when sucked on, lasts 5 minutes per use, and can be used up to 3 times per day.
    [10:46] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon puts a pebble on his nose and stares at it
    [10:47] Pallas: Does Hesiod need one as well?
    [10:48] DracoDei: You were instructed to bring enough meat for Hesiod if she(?) isn't going to eat chocolate frogs.
    [10:48] DracoDei: Etc.
    [10:49] DracoDei: And so the day of your departure arrives!
    [10:50] Pallas: (he)
    [10:50] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: XD
    [10:51] DracoDei: You are in the local transporteer's hall ((so if you want to get in some IC roleplay there or cover some OOC character descriptions, now would be the time.))
    [10:51] Remus: ((Draco can you check that i prepared spells right?))
    [10:52] DracoDei: ((Sure, just a sec...))
    [10:54] DracoDei: ((Yep, you even remembered the house-rule that I had forgotten))
    [10:54] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon headtilts
    [10:54] Remus: ((Sweet ^^))
    [10:54] * Pallas looks around the transporteer's hall and shifts her wings a bit underneath her cloak. Hesiod shifts on her shoulder and tucks his head underneath a wings quietly after a quick look around. Her claws tap the floor lightly as she paces the hall.
    [10:55] DracoDei: You have been informed that the plane should be no more dangerous than the one you are on now on the whole.. the guild mage will stay with you until your local guild arrives...
    [10:55] * Remus stretches out, makes sure he's got all of his stuff
    [10:56] Remus: ((Question, as to the status of my familiar?))
    [10:56] * Pallas casts a glance at a small child also in the hall. He stares at her curiously and she stares back stonily. She briefly wonders where the child is going.
    [10:57] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon gnaws on the wooden shield on his tail, holding it with his two foreclaws as he watches curiously at everyone else, making sure not to be accidentally left behind
    [10:57] * Pallas is used to stares, and amongst her unusual companions, people don't even bother to hide their eyes
    [10:57] DracoDei: People vanish from the designated gathering areas in groups, or from where-ever at random in pairs or trios with the transport magi.
    [10:58] * Pallas takes a step toward the child and gauges his reaction carefully.
    [10:58] Pallas: (OOC: Do I make him react or do you?)
    [10:58] DracoDei: Appearances are in rooms.
    [10:59] DracoDei: ((Either in general for stuff like that... but usually me...))
    [10:59] Pallas: (what would you like in this case?)
    [10:59] DracoDei: Customs officials examine the incoming people and goods.
    [10:59] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon tugs at sphen's pants, wanting a lift for a better view around him
    [10:59] DracoDei: ((I will do it.))
    [11:00] *** You are now known as Boy.
    [11:00] * Boy half raise his hand, then puts it down abruptly...
    [11:01] Boy: Can I pet your leg kitty lady?
    [11:01] * Remus pulls his cloak over his head
    [11:01] * Pallas looks down at her leg and then moves her cloak back to allow better access
    [11:02] Pallas: Where are you going, Child?
    [11:02] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon nips sphen at the leg for apparently ignoring clem's request
    [11:02] Boy: The moon I think, but whenever I tell my daddy that he says no, we aren't, and uses a lot of big words I don't understand.
    [11:03] * Pallas smiles
    [11:03] Spheniscine: Hello.
    [11:03] WagzBot: nihao
    [11:03] Spheniscine: (Grah)
    [11:03] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon falsl over
    [11:03] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: falls*
    [11:03] * Spheniscine lifts Clem
    [11:04] * Boy pets Pallas's knee in a nervous sort of way, then becoming more sure of his invitation.
    [11:04] Pallas: The moon sounds like a wonderful destination. Sometimes in the woods at night, I can hear wolves singing to the moon. Would you sing back to them from the moon?
    [11:04] * Remus hums to himself
    [11:05] Boy: I wouldn
    [11:05] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon sits comfortably on sphen's shoulder and can easily see pallas talking to a girl o.o
    [11:05] Boy: 't be able to hear them would I?
    [11:06] *** You are now known as Father.
    [11:06] Father: Come on Thomas, the magic user is here to transport us.
    [11:06] *** You are now known as Boy.
    [11:06] Pallas: No. But you'd still know they're singing.
    [11:06] Pallas: And they'd know you're singing.
    [11:07] Boy: I have to go now kitty lady.
    [11:07] *** You are now known as GM.
    [11:07] Pallas: Good-bye, Thomas. Have a nice trip.
    [11:07] GM: The Boy, his father, and the transporteer vanish in a puff of pink smoke that smells slightly of onions.
    [11:08] * Remus sneezes at the smell
    [11:08] * Pallas wrinkles her nose and Hesiod wakes and gives a squwak
    [11:09] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon sniff sniffs a lil and thinks thats an odd smell
    [11:09] * Pallas pets Hesiod to calm him down
    [11:10] GM: A non-spellcasting employee of the guild that is doing your transport comes over.
    [11:10] * Remus nods to the employee as he approaches
    [11:10] GM: You are the group that is going to the Elemental Plane of Candy?
    [11:10] * Pallas also nods
    [11:10] Pallas: Yes.
    [11:10] Remus: That we are
    [11:11] GM: She looks you over carefully....
    [11:11] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon headtilts then answers with a yip
    [11:11] GM: ((Anyone interested to know WHAT she is looking at should roll a spot check.))
    [11:12] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: (??)
    [11:12] Remus: dice 1d20
    [11:12] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 15; Total: 15.
    [11:12] Remus: +8
    [11:12] Pallas: how?
    [11:12] Pallas: dice 1d20
    [11:12] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 16; Total: 16.
    [11:12] GM: ((A d20 plus whatever it says on your character sheet for "Spot" in the skills section.))
    [11:12] Remus: 23
    [11:13] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: dice 1d20
    [11:13] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 17; Total: 17.
    [11:13] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: 22
    [11:13] Pallas: (is having trouble locating)
    [11:14] GM: Ok, Remus you note that she is looking at y'alls hand-paws. ((I assume there are no mules etc in the party?))
    [11:14] Remus: Pallas: +4
    [11:14] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: ((claws for me))
    [11:15] Remus: ((was ooc))
    [11:15] Remus: Curious, my friend?
    [11:15] Pallas: 20
    [11:15] Remus: ((BRB))
    [11:16] GM: ((She also seems to be looking at you back-packs, which, by the way, are all a bit patched and worn.))
    [11:16] GM: May I see your ticket?
    [11:16] *** Mode change "+v Remus" for channel #DracoD&D by GM.
    [11:17] GM: ((((We will say Pallas has the ticket.))
    [11:17] GM: (((Since I think that Cho has the most RP experience.))
    [11:17] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon shows the employee his pebble-thingy
    [11:18] * Pallas draws out the ticket and holds it
    [11:18] Pallas: *holds it up
    [11:18] GM: ((So making her the party "leader" make sense in some situations.... which DOESN'T mean you have to do what she says in any way, shape, or form, thus the quotes.))
    [11:18] Pallas: ((not recommended :-P))
    [11:19] *** You are now known as Hostess.
    [11:19] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon ish too tiny to be party leader :P
    [11:19] * Hostess examines it.
    [11:19] Hostess: I think...
    [11:20] Hostess: My sincere appologies, but your transport may be delayed...
    [11:20] Pallas: May I ask why?
    [11:20] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon growls in annoyance at the hostess
    [11:20] * Pallas puts out a hand to quiet clem
    [11:21] * Remus briefly wonders where Saleth got off to, only to have him trot up to him, caught mouse held high.
    [11:21] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon flops on his belly, curled up while still on sphen's shoulder
    [11:21] Hostess: Your contract is only for a planar transportation, such things are very inaccurate, so we usually offer a fine-tuning teleporation as well.
    [11:21] * Remus chuckles and pets the cat
    [11:21] Hostess: In this case, however, the transporteer was to wait for a local guide before leaving instead.
    [11:22] Pallas: So there has been an error then?
    [11:22] Remus: Our local guide running a bit late?
    [11:22] Hostess: No no.
    [11:22] Hostess: Just that because of that, your transport must be the last done before your transporteer refreshes his spells.
    [11:23] Hostess: And with priority transports being arranged, sometimes we have to delay.
    [11:23] Pallas: What does that mean in regards to time?
    [11:23] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon hopes it doesnt mean for another day >.>
    [11:24] Hostess: Perhaps nothing, I shall have to double check.
    [11:24] Hostess: If not, then I am very sorry to say it could be a few days... there is just no way of telling.
    [11:24] Pallas: This seems a bit...odd. If I may speak to one of your supervisors.
    [11:25] Hostess: ((Sense motive checks for whoever is paying attention to this.))
    [11:25] Pallas: (Draco, may I do a roll)
    [11:25] Hostess: ((Just roll and tell me what for, you don't have to ask first in most cases.))
    [11:25] *** You have been disconnected. Fri Nov 06 11:25:41 2009.
    [11:26] *** Automatically rejoining channel...
    [11:26] *** Hostess_ has joined #DracoD&D.
    [11:26] *** #DracoD&D: @Hostess +Pallas +clemaxgra-pocketdragon +Spheniscine Hostess_ Skittles +Remus +WagzBot
    [11:26] *** Hostess_ is now known as DracoDei.
    [11:26] *** clemaxgra-microdragon_ has joined #DracoD&D.
    [11:26] Pallas: (Draco, what do you need to see?)
    [11:26] clemaxgra-microdragon_: ((thinks that was scarier than raised paw '~' ))
    [11:26] Hostess: ((Just roll and tell me what for, you don't have to ask first in most cases.))
    [11:26] Remus: ((we just lost our op... -.-;))
    [11:26] Remus: ((I think?))
    [11:26] Pallas: dice 1 sd20
    [11:27] Remus: dice 1d20
    [11:27] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 8; Total: 8.
    [11:27] Pallas: dice 1d20
    [11:27] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 10; Total: 10.
    [11:27] Pallas: (rolling for diplomacy)
    [11:27] Hostess: ((What is your total roll?))
    [11:27] *** clemaxgra-pocketdragon has signed off IRC (Ping timeout: 121 seconds).
    [11:28] *** clemaxgra-microdragon_ is now known as clemaxgra-pocketdragon.
    [11:28] Pallas: (11)
    [11:29] Hostess: Certainly if you wish, but I was only warning you of a possibility, let me check with your transporteer...
    [11:29] Pallas: Thank you.
    [11:29] * Hostess goes off and has a heated discussion in a corner with one of the transporteers.
    [11:29] *** DracoDei is now known as Transporteer.
    [11:29] Pallas: Clemaxgra
    [11:29] Pallas: Please, follow her and listen
    [11:30] * Pallas takes Cleam off of Sphen and sets him onto the floor.
    [11:30] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon headtilts
    [11:30] Pallas: ((Do a hide roll)
    [11:30] Pallas: ((Then do a listen roll))
    [11:30] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: roll 1d20
    [11:31] Pallas: dice 1d20
    [11:31] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 5; Total: 5.
    [11:31] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: dice 1d20
    [11:31] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 10; Total: 10.
    [11:31] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: dice 1d20
    [11:31] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 19; Total: 19.
    [11:31] Hostess: Well... depending on how he is approaching there Hide roll might not be necessary, or it might not be the only roll being made, or whatever...
    [11:31] Hostess: Describe how you are approaching....
    [11:31] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: hide27
    [11:31] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: listen23
    [11:32] Hostess: Ok, you manage to catch the last half of the conversation.
    [11:34] Pallas: ping?
    [11:34] WagzBot: pong!
    [11:35] Hostess: ((Was handling that in PM.))
    [11:36] Pallas: ((Just wanted to be sure my Internet didn't die again.))
    [11:36] Spheniscine: Prah... I'm so out of this... >.<
    [11:36] Spheniscine: I'm having an argument... ._.
    [11:36] Remus: ((hmm?))
    [11:37] * Hostess comes over, walking quickly, and thus gets ahead of Clemaxgra unless Clem decides to dash for it, and risk getting stepped on.
    [11:38] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon decides not to, but decides to stay hidden and return to pallas when transporteer isnt looking
    [11:38] Hostess: I am sorry for the confusion. This may sound a bit odd, but could you show me any maps you may have been given, as well as your expense account vouchers?
    [11:38] Pallas: That does sound odd. May I ask the reason you need to see them?
    [11:39] * Hostess is a female human, wearing the traditional cloak of the transporteers, a patchwork with each patch representing a different continent or plane.
    [11:39] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: dice 1d20
    [11:39] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 14; Total: 14.
    [11:39] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: 19 Move Silently
    [11:39] * Remus blinks, coming back to reality with a thud
    [11:40] Remus: Expense account vouchers?
    [11:40] Hostess: *The overall effect of the cloak is pretty ugly.*
    [11:41] Hostess: Because while we are not responsible for such things directly, if we transported you into a less than teniable situation, we could get in trouble.
    [11:41] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon sneaks back to pallas?
    [11:42] Hostess: So we need to make sure that you have both the means of finding everything you might need, and the where-with-all to obtain it.
    [11:43] Hostess: Otherwise, under my oaths, may need a special release from you if you insist on proceeding.
    [11:44] Pallas: May I ask where the young man and his father before us went?
    [11:44] Hostess: Who was that?
    [11:44] WagzBot: I dunno.
    [11:44] Pallas: The young man went by the name of Thomas.
    [11:45] * Remus digs around in his pack, pulls out a roll of maps, and offers them to Pallas
    [11:45] Pallas: Thank you, Remus.
    [11:45] Hostess: ((Ok, in context, that is like asking where a random person who got on an airplane went.))
    [11:45] Pallas: ((Okay, question withdrawn))
    [11:45] Pallas: ((In my mind the halls are uncrowded and quiet))
    [11:46] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon whispers something at pallas
    [11:46] Hostess: ((They are small enough to be crowded and you have major goods shipments going through))
    [11:47] Hostess: ((And really small airports aren't crowded either...))
    [11:47] Remus: ((Confused about the Expense account Vouchers? what is meant by that?))
    [11:47] Pallas: Remus, could you talk to the Transporteer for a moment. I need to adjust my cloak. It's chafing against my wings.
    [11:47] * Pallas hands the maps and ticket to Remus
    [11:47] * Remus blinks
    [11:48] Hostess: ((All expenses paid trip -> you have documents that you can show to people that they can put it on the charities tab.))
    [11:48] Remus: ((ah))
    [11:48] Hostess: ((You each have one.))
    [11:48] * Pallas looks in Remus' eyes and tries to discern his comfort level, offering to take back the ticket
    [11:48] * Remus smiles uncomfortably
    [11:49] * Pallas takes back the ticket
    [11:49] Pallas: Please speak to the Transporteer. I'll only be a moment
    [11:49] Hostess: ((DC 20 Int check to realize on the spur of the moment that those are in the name of the charity, and technically have nothing to do with the transporteers directly.))
    [11:49] * Pallas goes to the corner to adjust her cloak
    [11:49] Pallas: dice 1 d20
    [11:50] Pallas: dice 1d20
    [11:50] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 11; Total: 11.
    [11:50] Remus: ((For who?))
    [11:50] * Hostess examines the map, and pulls out a wand and almost activates it... then puts it back in his pocket.
    [11:50] Hostess: ((HAs anyone given him a voucher yet?))
    [11:50] * Remus smiles as best he can at the Transporteer
    [11:50] * Pallas listens to Clemaxgra as she adjusts her cloak
    [11:50] Hostess: ((Anyone who is listening to the conversation can roll the INT check))
    [11:51] Remus: ((I have not))
    [11:51] Remus: dice 1d20
    [11:51] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 7; Total: 7.
    [11:51] Pallas: ((Which conversation?)
    [11:51] Hostess: ((The one between the transporteer and whoever is talking to him at the moment.))
    [11:52] Remus: 11
    [11:52] Pallas: ((Would a concentration check help with Clem's message or is that all I get?)
    [11:53] Hostess: ((Whatever he types to you is what he says, and what you get.))
    [11:54] Hostess: ((Unless he is AFK,, in which case I can fill in for him a bit.))
    [11:54] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: ((aint afk o-o))
    [11:54] * Pallas returns.
    [11:55] * Remus makes way for Pallas
    [11:55] * Pallas smiles at Remus
    [11:55] Pallas: Transporteer, do you have a name? I feel silly just calling you by your job title.
    [11:56] Hostess: Oh, sorry... Susan. (Holds out hand.)
    [11:56] Hostess: It is just that we usually work with a group for all of 2 minutes, if that much.
    [11:56] * Pallas shakes Susan's hand gently, careful of her claws
    [11:57] Hostess: And you are?
    [11:57] *** Transporteer is now known as Susan.
    [11:57] * Hostess hands the map back.
    [11:57] Pallas: My name is Pallas, and my compatriots are Remus, Spheniscine and Clemaxgra.
    [11:57] Pallas: ((Is there skunk here too?)
    [11:57] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon sneaks to remus and acts as if he was there the whole time
    [11:57] * Remus rolls the map back up and places it in his pack
    [11:58] Hostess: ((Ah, yes... but he tends to fade into the background... NPC style))
    [11:58] * Remus sniffs Clem
    [11:58] Pallas: Susan, do you have a concern that I can help you with? I feel you're not being forthcoming.
    [11:59] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon wonders if he is smelling different from usual *sniffs self*
    [11:59] Hostess: ((Diplomacy check.))
    [12:00] Pallas: ((last time I read it wrong. It's a minus - my bad and apologies for that mistake))
    [12:00] Pallas: dice 1 d20
    [12:00] Pallas: dice 1d20
    [12:00] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 12; Total: 12.
    [12:00] Pallas: 11
    [12:00] Spheniscine: ((Prah... I'm not feeling too good...))
    [12:01] Hostess: Oh, nothing too out of the usual. It is just we are worried that you might not be quite prepared... it is easy to get sick to your stomach after a few days on that particular plane, and we wanted to make sure you knew where to find more nurishing fare.
    [12:02] Hostess: And that you wouldn't have to pay out of your own pockets for it.
    [12:03] Pallas: Yet when the Hostess saw our ticket she would have known we were the winners of the Event so she would have known we would have expense vouchers.
    [12:04] Hostess: You could see how we would be cautious when the whole plane is basically made of food, but bread and meat amd greens are in short supply...
    [12:04] Remus: ((Wasn't Susan the hostess?))
    [12:04] Pallas: ((No, Hostess = no name, Susan = transporteer)
    [12:04] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: ((hostess =/= transporteer))
    [12:05] Remus: ((I was thinking that was just Draco not changing his name *read back up*))
    [12:05] Pallas: ((Query: Did Remus share his noticing of the Hostess looking at our unusual features?))
    [12:06] Hostess: In theory, but we are just hired by the Orphans of the Sea, and we don't necessarily know the TERMS of those vouchers.
    [12:06] Remus: ((I did not, should I? >.<))
    [12:06] Pallas: ((It would be an appreciated whisper))
    [12:06] Hostess: ((I keep trying to change my name... but it still shows to me as "Hostess".))
    [12:06] Pallas: ((Or even appreciated comment to all))
    [12:07] Pallas: You don't know the terms by which you work?
    [12:09] * Remus whispers to Clem about the Hostess and asks him to pass it on
    [12:10] Hostess: Our job is basically to get you there and back. What is between is our responsibility only in as much as we are not supposed to leave people in unteniable circumstances, except under very specific circumstances, such as dropping off treasure-seekers outside of the tomb of someone vain and foolish enough to be burried with a sizable fraction of their worldly goods.
    [12:11] Hostess: The local guide and the expense vouchers are completely seperate from us.
    [12:11] Pallas: I see.
    [12:14] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon crawls onto pallas's shoulder and waits for her to stop talking, not wanting to be rude nor wanting Susan to overhear what Remus told clem
    [12:14] Pallas: ((Does Susan wear gloves?))
    [12:14] Hostess: In all frankness she was checking the ticket for the duration of the stay.
    [12:14] Hostess: ((No gloves))
    [12:15] * Pallas listens to Clemaxgra
    [12:15] Hostess: She was trying to handle things as politely as possible, so you really can't blame her.
    [12:15] * Pallas also looks over Susan's hands
    [12:15] Pallas: ((Does she have any cuts or scrapes on her hands
    [12:15] Pallas: ))
    [12:16] Hostess: ((Err... no...))
    [12:16] Hostess: ((Why do you ask?))
    [12:16] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: roll 1d20
    [12:16] Pallas: ((Does she have any cuts or scrapes anywhere visible, or does anyone in the party?))
    [12:16] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: dice 1d20
    [12:16] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 2; Total: 2.
    [12:16] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: 7 spot o-o
    [12:18] Hostess: ((Ummm.... Spheniscine managed to bump his head on a sharp rock going for a hyperactive swim to burn off some of the excitement of the trip this morning... barely visible under the skin.))
    [12:18] Hostess: (I mean fur...))
    [12:18] Pallas: Susan...
    [12:19] Pallas: My friend here...
    [12:19] Pallas: He's injured.
    [12:19] Pallas: What would you do for him if I ask your help?
    [12:19] * Pallas shows Susan the scratch
    [12:20] Hostess: ((Ok, this is spiralling WAY out of control... where are you going with this? I am trying to set up a comparatively minor plot point for later.))
    [12:21] Pallas: ((I'm using what Clem told me))
    [12:21] Hostess: ((Yes, but for WHAT?))
    [12:22] Hostess: ((I have no way of knowing exactly what he told you BTW.))
    [12:22] Hostess: ((Since I assume he did it in PM.))
    [12:22] Pallas: ((To prove we don't need medicine/meds/to be healed because I'm a healer))
    [12:22] Hostess: ((Oy....))
    [12:22] * Remus sighs, shows Susan his voucher
    [12:22] Pallas: ((...))
    [12:23] Pallas: ((sorry))
    [12:23] Remus: May we go?
    [12:23] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: ((sorry, count it as clem fell asleep from all the running about. gtg to bed o-o))
    [12:23] Hostess: ((Ok))
    [12:23] Remus: ((Night Clem))
    [12:24] Pallas: ((night Clem))
    [12:24] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: ((nini guys ^^))
    [12:24] Hostess: ((Hold on a second...))
    [12:24] * Remus picks Clem up and slides him into a pouch on his pack to keep him safe
    [12:24] Hostess: ((Got to check the rules on a spell, but Pallas should make a wisdom check...))
    [12:25] Pallas: dice 1d20
    [12:25] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 13; Total: 13.
    [12:25] Pallas: 17
    [12:27] Pallas: ((Hmmm...I think I did that wrong...
    [12:27] Pallas: ))
    [12:27] Pallas: ((Is it add the score or add the mod))
    [12:27] Hostess: *Pallas completely over-heals the tiny scratch with her nature powers, and then interupts Susan before Susan can point out that that particular spell is completely and utterly useless against the problem in question.))
    [12:27] Hostess: ((Add the mod.))
    [12:27] Pallas: ((Ok))
    [12:28] Hostess: *Pallas points out that she is a druid, and can feed the whole party off of a patch of berries if needs be.*
    [12:28] Hostess: Ah!
    [12:29] Hostess: Very well then... sorry, it doesn't pay to make assumptions of the preparedness of others when it comes to my job.
    [12:30] * Remus nods
    [12:30] Hostess: ((For anyone still not clear, the trip is for an undetermined length of time, but long enough that malnutrition or even pure diabetic shock might actually be issues.))
    [12:30] Hostess: So you can understand my caution.
    [12:30] * Hostess examines the vouchers.
    [12:30] Hostess: *voucher
    [12:31] Hostess: Well, assuming they are all teh same, which the probably are, then this does indeed cover purchasing food.
    [12:32] Hostess: So if I set you up with a enchanted pointer on the map to the closest such off-planar friendly town to wherever we end up, then that should do well...
    [12:32] Hostess: Or you can eat magic berries.
    [12:33] Remus: I vote for the pointer
    [12:33] Hostess: Well, that covers that, and your thinks have already been checked through customs, so, off we go then?
    [12:33] Hostess: Certainly sir.
    [12:33] Pallas: Thank you, Susan.
    [12:34] Hostess: ((Note that the spell lists _Freshly Picked_ so you can't just take along a pot of blueberries.))
    [12:35] Pallas: ((What??))
    [12:35] Hostess: (( (Link: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/goo.../goodberry.htm ))
    [12:35] Hostess: Casting goodberry upon a handful of freshly picked berries makes 2d4 of them magical.
    [12:36] Pallas: ((okay)
    [12:37] Hostess: ((Can we do the plane-shift now?))
    [12:37] Remus: ((Let's))
    [12:37] Hostess: ((And do people want to keep going another hour, or shall we make this a short session?))
    [12:38] Remus: ((Hmmm.....))
    [12:38] Pallas: ((I'll probably not sleep now anyhow since it's so late))
    [12:39] Remus: ((Let's go on?))
    [12:40] * Hostess puts on a magic helmet from the supply room, and you all go to the exit platform and vanish with the sound of a great gong, and a flash of purple light mixed with insubstancial glitters in the air at both ends of the transport.
    [12:40] * Hostess turns around quickly, checking for wild animals.
    [12:41] Hostess: You are standing on top of a small hillock of block dark chocolate., the scene is peaceful, and indeed, idillic.
    [12:41] * Remus glances around, slightly amazed
    [12:42] Hostess: *Green cotton-candy moss grows here and their on the chocolate boulders.*
    [12:43] Remus: Everything is safe to eat, correct?
    [12:43] * Pallas watches Hesiod stretch his wings and flutter
    [12:43] Hostess: *The grass at the base of the slope looks approximately normal, but subtle off... you can't really tell from here (unless you have telescopic vision.)*
    [12:43] Hostess: Yep!
    [12:44] * Remus sets Saleth down
    [12:44] * Hostess glances at Hesiod.
    [12:44] * Remus pulls up a bit of the moss and tastes it
    [12:45] * Pallas shifs a bit, the warmth of her body heat causing the chocolate to melt under her pawpads
    [12:46] * Remus looks over at Susan
    [12:46] Hostess: Don't let him go too high... some of the clouds aren't moisture, they are cotton candy *points to a cloud that is a pleasant shade of lilac* the sugar fibers are pretty loose from what I hear, but they still could foul wings in theory.
    [12:46] Remus: we waiting here for our guide?
    [12:46] Hostess: Yeah, give me a second and I can tell you how long it will be...
    [12:47] Hostess: Remus tastes the cotton-candy.
    [12:47] * Pallas whistles shrilly and Hesiod comes back down and perches on her shoulder
    [12:47] * Hostess focuses as the gems on the helmet glow...
    [12:48] Hostess: Pallas party, authorization number six five seven two.
    [12:48] Hostess: *Pause*
    [12:49] Hostess: One cat, and one owl, probably magically augmented as companions, be advised most of party are carnivores form anthropomorphs.
    [12:50] Hostess: *Pause*
    [12:50] Hostess: 8 hours, perhaps more, depending on... flowers? Is that supposed to be a joke?
    [12:50] Hostess: *Pause*
    [12:50] Hostess: Oh, I see. Sorry sir.
    [12:51] Hostess: Is that all?
    [12:51] *** Skittles has left #DracoD&D.
    [12:51] Hostess: *Pause*
    [12:51] Hostess: Bye.
    [12:51] * Hostess removes helmet.
    [12:51] Hostess: Ok...
    [12:51] Hostess: Your guide will be here in about 8 hours.
    [12:51] Pallas: In meantime...
    [12:51] Hostess: The location my spell drops us at is very hard to control.
    [12:51] Pallas: ?
    [12:52] Hostess: In the mean time, feel free to look around...
    [12:52] * Remus pulls out his map
    [12:53] Hostess: If you can take care of yourself in the wilds of the world we just came from, then you should be fine here.
    [12:53] Hostess: Oh, now that I know where we are, I will need to mark that...
    [12:53] * Remus offers the map to Susan
    [12:54] Hostess: You will have to hold it horizontally for this to work, otherwise the arrow tries to point through the paper, and ends up as just a dot...
    [12:54] * Remus chuckles
    [12:54] * Remus holds the map out horizontally
    [12:54] Hostess: It will stay in the center rather than matching your position.
    [12:54] * Hostess taps the map with the wand twice.
    [12:54] Hostess: Biurich!
    [12:55] Hostess: It just gives direction too, no distance...
    [12:55] Hostess: Anyway, where are right here (points with finger).
    [12:55] * Remus nods
    [12:55] Hostess: A glowing arrow is now in the center of the map.
    [12:56] Remus: where is the arrow pointing us to?
    [12:56] Hostess: The nearest place you can get something OTHER than sugary stuff to eat.
    [12:56] Hostess: It will be expensive, but the voucher I checked covers it.
    [12:57] Hostess: Theoretically, so do the others.
    [12:58] Hostess: And Pallas can find some of the local gum-drop bushes and enchant those.
    [12:58] Hostess: Or whatever...
    [12:58] * Remus nods
    [13:00] Hostess: Clemaxgra walks down the hill, and plucks a few peices of grass... and keeps chewing... appears to be gum (mostlikely spearmint or peppermint from the flavor).
    [13:00] Hostess: Just be back here by an hour after sunset...
    [13:00] Pallas: Is that when our guide appears?
    [13:01] Hostess: Oh, and have a care with the who and the cat when the guide arrives... he is not an anthropomorph, but he is intellegent of course, and he is a humming bird...
    [13:02] Remus: ah....
    [13:02] Hostess: Well, he said that if he has to detour to find a path with a supply of flowers for him to drink the cola from, he might be delayed a bit....
    [13:03] Hostess: But I assume he has some way oif getting them open even at night, since he promised it wouldn't be over 12 hours from now.
    [13:06] Hostess: ((Ok, my next set item is triggered by your heading to that town after getting tired of 24 hour a day sugar rushes/crashes... so feel frree to free-form... the guide will specify that he has next to NO offensive capabilities so if you run into a sugar-bear or whatever you he can only give advice on non-combat options... but that you look eminantly capable of handling yourself, what with the war-maul on Spheniscines back and all the claws and teeth you have.))
    [13:07] Hostess: ((War maul = giant mallet))
    [13:08] Hostess: ((I can continue to provide environmental details.))
    [13:08] * Pallas has no desire to eat sugary confections and simply watches her compatriots do so
    [13:09] * Remus offers Pallas a bit of chocolate
    [13:11] Pallas: No thank you
    [13:11] Hostess: A flock of peeps flies by in the middle distance.
    [13:13] * Remus looks around for any trees
    [13:13] Hostess: You see many trees.
    [13:14] Hostess: Will you examine them closer?
    [13:14] * Remus nods
    [13:14] Remus: ((brb)
    [13:14] Remus: ((back))
    [13:15] * Remus walks over to the trees
    [13:15] * Pallas idly walks behind Remus examining the trees as well
    [13:15] * Pallas watches for signs of life
    [13:17] Hostess: *Remus finds twizzler willows, broad-leafed fruit-roll-up magnolias (except not rolled up), and many variety of cola flowering trees.... most of the bodies of the trees seem ordinary enough (IE wood, not candy).
    [13:18] Hostess: A gummipillar noms one of the fruit-leaves.
    [13:18] Hostess: ((Pallas: To quote Spock "Life... but not as we know it."))
    [13:18] *** Susan is now known as GM.
    [13:20] * Remus climbs up into one of the magnolias
    [13:21] Hostess: ((The cola flowers are normal looking flowers, but with much more nectar... except it is carbonated nectar, and often has some other flavor to it...))
    [13:21] Hostess: ((Same for the ones growing on the ground.))
    [13:22] Hostess: ((I think I will let Cho and Spheniscine get to their rest in about 10 more minutes.))
    [13:23] * Pallas goes over to the trees and touches the trunk of one experimentally
    [13:23] * Remus tastes the nectar of one of the flowers
    [13:23] Hostess: ((Firm bark, definitely not candy.))
    [13:23] Hostess: ((Sugary carbonated water... no other flavor to that one.))
    [13:24] Remus: bleh
    [13:24] * Remus sniffs another
    [13:25] * Pallas uses her claws to scrape a few pieces off and takes it with her in a leather pouch
    [13:25] * Remus tastes the new flower
    [13:25] Hostess: *Remus sniffs around (or later randomly scents) one with a slightly under-flavored lemon-lime taste to it... and one isolated flower with a few sips of really good root-beer.))
    [13:26] * Remus climbs down from the tree
    [13:26] Remus: mm... tasty ^^
    [13:27] * Remus glances at the sky
    [13:27] * Pallas picks some of the spearmint gum grass and chews it
    [13:29] Hostess: White clouds dot the sky along with more colorful ones. The blue is the same, the sun is the same... but if you had to guess, you woudl say the moon is a giant, chipped surface, jaw-breaker....
    [13:30] Hostess: Pallas sees a small rustle in the grass, and uses her animal empathy to attract the mini-muffin mouse to her.
    [13:31] * Pallas holds her hand out to the mini-muffin mouse
    [13:32] Hostess: ((Ok, officially ending the PL:AY here, but I realized I am not ready to end the SESSION.))
    [13:32] Remus: Saleth sneaks over to Pallas and sniffs the mini-muffin mouse
    [13:32] Hostess: --------=END PLAY=---------------------
    [13:32] Remus: ((hmm?))
    [13:32] Remus: explain?
    [13:33] Hostess: Well, people who need to go to bed can if they like, but I would like some feedback on my GMing and you can comment on the play of the others too if you like.
    [13:33] Hostess: I didn't see any problems.
    [13:33] Hostess: You all roleplayed pretty well.
    [13:34] Hostess: Suspicion of the situation with the hostess and the transporteer was natural for PCs, although you did seem to miss that it was malnutrition they were worried about, not violent injury....
    [13:35] Hostess: That may have been my mistake for not giving you a clue of the length of the visit, but I wanted to leave that open to stretch to exactly whatever lenght suited your interest level/the plot the most.
    [13:35] Pallas: Because the message I got was that they were worried about them falling sick and dying
    [13:35] Pallas: Literally those words exactly
    [13:36] Hostess: Ah...
    [13:36] Hostess: "telephone" clemaxgra only heard half the conversation, and then didn't remember it word for word.... good RP actually.
    [13:37] Pallas: And with the combination of them looking at their claws I thought it was because of them begin anthros. We had to be a weird mix. Perhaps they were worried about the way the transporters would affect us
    [13:37] Hostess: They were looking for rings of sustenence.
    [13:37] * Pallas shrugs
    [13:37] Remus: aha
    [13:37] Pallas: It worked out in the end
    [13:37] Hostess: Yep...
    [13:38] Remus: hmm...
    [13:38] Hostess: Did you feel like it was slowed down a lot, or undervivid?
    [13:39] Hostess: In other words, how sure do I have to be to try to type up paragraphs in advance for next week?
    [13:40] Remus: i think it was good on that aspect, though some pre-typed stuff may help
    [13:40] * Pallas agrees with Remus
    [13:40] Hostess: Ok.
    [13:41] *** You're not a channel operator!
    [13:41] Hostess: What about you clemaxgra?
    [13:41] Remus: Clem isn't here anymore? O.o
    [13:41] Hostess: Oh...
    [13:42] Hostess: Spheniscine isn't either?
    [13:42] Remus: Spheniscine kinda is
    [13:42] Hostess: Ok
    [13:43] Hostess: Any further comments?
    [13:44] Hostess: I am thinking that NOT having the dice-roller do everything is a good teaching tool....
    [13:44] Remus: hmm?
    [13:44] Hostess: Well, in the IRC based game I am playing I can type
    [13:45] Hostess: !SprayFlurry
    [13:45] Hostess: And it will do 5 attacks with my wereskunk's spray, all at the correct attack bonuses.
    [13:45] Remus: ah...
    [13:48] Hostess: Any guesses how long this plane could hold your interest?
    [13:49] Hostess: I came up with most of the biology on the fly...
    [13:50] Hostess: Tbe cotton-candy clouds are from GitP, and the cotton-candy moss on dark-chocolate rocks was something I had a few hours ahead of time...
    [13:50] Remus: Not sure, will we perhaps have some sort of objective here at some point?
    [13:51] Hostess: As things go on there will be more and more of an objective.
    [13:51] * Remus nods
    [13:51] Hostess: When you get to the town the arrow points to there will be a one-session combat sequence whenever you are ready for it.
    [13:51] Hostess: After that...
    [13:52] Hostess: I can modify a pre-printed adventure to fit the setting, or try to make up my own.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2010-02-05 at 11:08 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Pika...'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009

    Default Re: (3.5) Elemental Plane of Candy/Candy Land play-test data.

    This is AWESOME!!!

    May I please steal. Pwease? :3
    I just want someone to hold me and tell me they love me. Especially when I am sad.


    Quote Originally Posted by Skami Pilno View Post
    The man who is dominated by fear of death is already dead.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DracoDei's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Atlanta,GA USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (3.5) Elemental Plane of Candy/Candy Land play-test data.

    [10:39] DracoDei: ----------Session Start----------
    [10:39] DracoDei: Your guide arrives and the transporteer vanishes. Buzzy the Humming Bird is a bit hard to hear, since his rarely heard hum is only slightly softer than his speaking voice, but he is also not afraid of going right up to the ear of someone to talk to them... except Pallas, since he is quite wary of Hesoid. Knowing Saleth to be a sapient, he is less wary.

    [10:40] DracoDei: ((I am fast forwarding through further explorations of the plane, just chime in if there is something you want to RP out.))
    [10:40] DracoDei: With the arrival of Buzzy your ability to enjoy the plane increases noticably. It turns out that while almost everything is edible, most of it is hardly gourmet. Buzzy, however, knows where the finest chocolate strata and gram-cacker slate lies, where the best marshmallow bogs are, and, of course, where the best patches of soda flowers lie. As time goes on, your focus shifts from food more towards the scenery.
    [10:40] DracoDei: The sights of pink cotton candy tinging towards licorice flavor as a storm starts to brew remain in your memories alongside the crunch of waking along a rainbow-colored M&M beach. You meet a few of the local Pez-Ants, but farming is, remarkably, much the same between planes, and you don't want to be rude by staring at them for the physical novelty.
    [10:43] DracoDei: ((Lagged...))
    [10:43] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon haz a hard time eating one of the mashmallows he stole :/
    [10:43] Spheniscine: X3
    [10:44] * Spheniscine sips on a soda flower
    [10:44] * Raj watches clemaxgra-pocketdragon trying to eat a marshmallow
    [10:45] Foxwolf: Lol
    [10:45] DracoDei: Sven Bent-Claw meets some of the local non-sapient equivalent of his small form, and after some sniffing discovers (NOT the hard way) that they almost certainly spray high capcasin hot-sauce.
    [10:45] *** Raj is now known as EllieD.
    [10:45] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon thinks thats an odd smell o-o
    [10:46] DracoDei: ((And it isn't stealing if it is just laying around usually.))
    [10:46] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: ((point of view :P))
    [10:46] DracoDei: So, yes, the local licorish and white-chocolate skunks smell very very faintly of Tabasco...
    [10:47] Spheniscine: X3
    [10:47] * Remus blows a bubble
    [10:47] * Direlda wonders if we should find shelter from the brewing storm
    [10:47] *** You are now known as Buzzy.
    [10:47] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon likes tabasco :3 *noms on skunk-fur*
    [10:47] Buzzy: (
    [10:47] * Remus hides behind a tree
    [10:48] Buzzy: ((So you are hunting a skunk?))
    [10:49] *** Foxwolf has signed off IRC (Ping timeout: 121 seconds).
    [10:49] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: ((kinda :P))
    [10:49] *** EllieD is now known as Pallas.
    [10:49] * Remus watches Clem warily
    [10:49] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon noms on the fur of a skunkie, though skunk doesnt realise yet
    [10:49] Buzzy: ((Explain... this is the sort of thing that it pays to be precise about...))
    [10:50] * Spheniscine hides with Remus
    [10:50] Remus: Are you /trying/ to get that thing to spray you, clem?
    [10:51] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon ignores >.> thinking spray would just taste either like candy or tabasco :P
    [10:51] Buzzy: ((Ok, hold on while I look some stuff up...))
    [10:51] * Remus notes it would still smell!
    [10:52] Direlda: So, Buzzy, do the weather patterns on this plane work the same way as they do on the plane we came from? Because I don't want to get caught in a storm if I can't help it.
    [10:52] * Spheniscine hugs Remus close and watches Clem warily...
    [10:52] * Remus nods to Direlda, acks at the hug
    [10:53] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon headtilts at the odd sphen and remus
    [10:54] Spheniscine: ((Hmmm....
    [10:55] * Remus climbs up into the tree and examines the sky
    [10:55] * Spheniscine noms on the tree bark... what does it taste like?
    [10:56] Buzzy: ((Ok, first off, that would be a Slight of Hand for it not to feel it... technically that is a skill that if you don't have at least one rank in you automatically fail, because it is "trained only"))
    [10:56] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon tug tugs the larger-than-clem-skunk, intending to bring back for others to taste
    [10:57] Spheniscine: ((My character doesn't like hot sauce... X3))
    [10:57] Buzzy: ((No, first you try to nibble it... then... I am trying to find my notes, which is hard because you threw me a curve-ball... which is GOOD.))
    [10:58] Spheniscine: :p
    [10:58] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: :P
    [10:58] Spheniscine: ((Congrats Clem. You confused the GM with casual roleplay. X3))
    [10:58] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: *is actually nomming on straw which has been nomming for whole day*
    [10:58] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: X3
    [10:59] Spheniscine: ((IRL? Yeah I have a tendency to do that too... then my teeth hurt and I have to stop. X3)
    [10:59] * Remus drops down from the tree
    [10:59] Pallas: ((Buzzy treebark is like normal bark you said last time))
    [11:00] Spheniscine: ((You mean it's not edible? D:))
    [11:00] * Spheniscine spits it out then
    [11:00] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: ((IRL, straw is less hard to chew on that gum :P))
    [11:01] Remus: ((Would whether or not the weather operates the same fall under Knowledge: Planes or Knowledge: Nature?))
    [11:01] Spheniscine: ((Oh... I meant the hard kind, the one that comes with those little yoghurt drinks... X3))
    [11:02] Buzzy: ((Ok, this is completely rediculous... rebooting))
    [11:02] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: ((is doing with yoghurt drink straw :o))
    [11:02] Spheniscine: ((But really, do we want to broadcast our weirdness on the GiTP forums? Oops, too late))
    [11:02] Remus: ((K Draco))
    [11:02] *** You have been disconnected. Fri Nov 13 11:02:28 2009.
    Session Close (`): Fri Nov 13 11:02:35 2009


    Session Start (CFFWolfin:#DracoD&D): Fri Nov 13 11:22:49 2009
    [11:22] *** #DracoD&D: Pallas WagzBot Remus clemaxgra-pocketdragon Direlda DracoDei Spheniscine
    [11:22] *** #DracoD&D was created on Fri Nov 13 09:23:54 2009.
    [11:22] * Spheniscine glomps Drac
    [11:22] Direlda: yay!!!
    [11:22] *** You are now known as DracoGM.
    [11:23] Spheniscine: ((ahem... back in characters now...))
    [11:23] Remus: ((Wb Draco, we were getting worried :P))
    [11:23] Direlda: ((GM found - optional sidequest complete))
    [11:23] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon gave up on nibblin skunk fur >.>
    [11:23] DracoGM: ((Reboot was lagged too... still restarting needed programs. Don't rush me.))
    [11:23] Spheniscine: ((lol Dir.))
    [11:23] Remus: ((Hehe))
    [11:23] DracoGM: ((Ok, WHY did you give up?))
    [11:24] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon got bored of tabasco taste :P
    [11:24] DracoGM: ((You haven't even tasted it yet....))
    [11:24] DracoGM: ((Make me a Move Silently roll...))
    [11:25] Remus: ((Who?))
    [11:25] Spheniscine: ((Clem.))
    [11:25] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: ((???))
    [11:25] Spheniscine: ((Just roll, Clem.))
    [11:25] Remus: ((dice 1d20))
    [11:25] DracoGM: ((Yes, Clem... everyone else is hiding.))
    [11:25] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: ((o-o))
    [11:26] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: dice 1d20
    [11:26] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 17; Total: 17.
    [11:26] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: 22
    [11:26] * Pallas wonders if she still has the muffin-mouse
    [11:27] Remus: ((gonna make a survival check for the weather, that alright?))
    [11:28] Pallas: ((Is the weather that bad??))
    [11:28] Pallas: dice 1d20
    [11:28] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 11; Total: 11.
    [11:29] Direlda: ((Pallas: I believe this is to predict if the weather will get bad))
    [11:30] DracoGM: ((You were just saying hello to the muffin I though, not trying to keep it around in the long-term.))
    [11:31] *** Foxwolf has joined #DracoD&D.
    [11:31] Remus: dice 1d20
    [11:31] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 5; Total: 5.
    [11:31] Remus: 15
    [11:32] Pallas: ((I guess so. You brought it out and the game ended.))
    [11:33] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon haz no idea whats going on >.<
    [11:33] DracoGM: !d20
    [11:33] DracoGM: !1d20
    [11:33] Spheniscine: dice 1d20
    [11:33] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 16; Total: 16.
    [11:34] DracoGM: Ok, so the skunk got a 20 to hear you trying sneak up behind it to nibble on it.
    [11:34] DracoGM: You got a 22 to move silently.
    [11:35] DracoGM: So your attempt to close to nomming range worked.
    [11:35] Spheniscine: :p
    [11:35] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: :P
    [11:36] DracoGM: You nom successfully.
    [11:36] DracoGM: Roll for initiative.
    [11:36] Spheniscine: ((Roll, Clem. :p))
    [11:36] DracoGM: roll 1d20
    [11:36] DracoGM: dice 1d20
    [11:36] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 1; Total: 1.
    [11:37] DracoGM: It got a 3 total.
    [11:37] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: dice 1d20
    [11:37] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 11; Total: 11.
    [11:37] DracoGM: Ok...
    [11:37] DracoGM: It obviously didn't like that...
    [11:37] Spheniscine: ((lol))
    [11:37] DracoGM: What are you going to do?
    [11:37] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon ignores skunk not liking
    [11:37] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: *keeps nommin on fur*
    [11:38] DracoGM: Ok, make me a nom attack roll for no damage.
    [11:38] Spheniscine: ((lol Clem's gonna get sprayed...))
    [11:38] DracoGM: ((Maybe...))
    [11:38] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: ((is that d20?
    [11:38] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: ))*
    [11:38] DracoGM: BTW, it tastes like...
    [11:38] Spheniscine: ((Aye.))
    [11:38] DracoGM: dice 1d100
    [11:38] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 1; Total: 1.
    [11:39] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: dice 1d20
    [11:39] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 5; Total: 5.
    [11:39] DracoGM: Licorice since you nommed a black part... no hotsauce taste.
    [11:39] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: 16
    [11:40] DracoGM: !1d100
    [11:40] DracoGM: [1d100]
    [11:40] DracoGM: ((I KNOW there are supposed to be two modes here...))
    [11:40] DracoGM: dice 1d100
    [11:40] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 66; Total: 66.
    [11:40] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: >.<
    [11:40] DracoGM: More licorice.
    [11:41] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: :P
    [11:41] DracoGM: Its turn.
    [11:41] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: o-o
    [11:41] DracoGM: It attempts to counter-nom you...
    [11:41] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: O-O
    [11:41] DracoGM: roll 1d20
    [11:41] DracoGM: dice 1d20
    [11:41] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 7; Total: 7.
    [11:41] DracoGM: It completely misses.
    [11:41] Spheniscine: ((/me is reminded of Pokemon))
    [11:42] DracoGM: ((Why?))
    [11:42] Spheniscine: ((and he doesn't even play))
    [11:42] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: :P
    [11:42] DracoGM: ((BTW, if anyone else wants to take a non-speaking action, then just say so.))
    [11:42] DracoGM: Your go Clem.
    [11:43] * Spheniscine shakes his head at Clem's foolhardiness? X3
    [11:43] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon wants the tabasco taste :P
    [11:43] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: dice 1d20
    [11:43] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 9; Total: 9.
    [11:44] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: 20
    [11:44] DracoGM: Skunk is obviously angry BTW... just choosing to bite rather than spray. ((No, I am not being merciful, Clem is noticably smaller than it, so it is especially reluctant to spray.))
    [11:44] * Direlda tries to climb the tree to get a safer view of Clem and the skunk
    [11:45] Direlda: dice 1d20
    [11:45] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 10; Total: 10.
    [11:45] Direlda: 10
    [11:46] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: :P
    [11:46] * Pallas watches with some alarm
    [11:46] DracoGM: You fail to climb the tree enough to improve your view any.
    [11:47] Spheniscine: :p
    [11:47] DracoGM: ((Clem, you say you want the hot-sauce? So you are going to try to get it to spray you?))
    [11:48] DracoGM: ((And if so, do you want it to hit, or miss?))
    [11:48] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: ((clem thought white fur might be the hotsauce taste o-o >.> if spray then let be random))
    [11:49] Spheniscine: ((I think the white fur is white chocolate...))
    [11:49] DracoGM: 3 rounds more rounds of nomming and counter-nomming go by, the skunk starts to look ever so slightly moth-eaten.
    [11:49] Foxwolf: :-(
    [11:49] DracoGM: Clem gets a bite of white, which is, indeed white chocolate.
    [11:49] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: me grins
    [11:50] DracoGM: Direlda: Roll me up to 3 more climb checks if you like.
    [11:50] * Pallas goes over to the skunk and Clem
    [11:50] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon grins* though was hoping for the tabasco-on-fur :P
    [11:50] Direlda: ((righto))
    [11:50] * Direlda tries to climb again
    [11:50] Direlda: dice 1d20
    [11:50] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 2; Total: 2.
    [11:50] Direlda: T.T
    [11:50] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: XD
    [11:50] * Pallas picks up Clemaxgra
    [11:50] Direlda: 2
    [11:51] DracoGM: You fall on your butt... but not hard enough to take damage since you were starting from the ground.
    [11:51] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon meeps and wiggles in pallas's grasp o-o
    [11:51] * Spheniscine laughs
    [11:51] DracoGM: Clem: Are you going to allow Pallas to pick you up, or attempt to dodge?
    [11:51] * Remus watches Pallas
    [11:51] * Direlda decides he wasn't meant to climb trees
    [11:51] Spheniscine: :p
    [11:51] * Spheniscine hugs Direlda
    [11:52] * Remus giggles at Direlda
    [11:52] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon allows
    [11:52] * Pallas holds onto Clem and walks away from the skunk toward Buzzy
    [11:52] * Direlda hugs Spheniscine back
    [11:52] * Pallas pets Clem
    [11:52] DracoGM: The skunk moves away at maximum speed waddle...
    [11:52] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: :3
    [11:53] * Remus looks up at the sky, tries to predict the weather
    [11:53] Spheniscine: ((Does Clem take any damage?))
    [11:53] Remus: dice 1d20
    [11:53] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 5; Total: 5.
    [11:53] Remus: 15
    [11:53] DracoGM: Remus: It looks like you might get some thin corn-syrup some time soon maybe.
    [11:54] Spheniscine: Yum!
    [11:54] DracoGM: dice 3d20
    [11:54] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 15:4:18; Total: 37.
    [11:54] DracoGM: Nope.
    [11:54] DracoGM: It would have had to roll a natural 20 to hit him with the bite.
    [11:54] Spheniscine: :p
    [11:54] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: :P
    [11:54] DracoGM: Those don't even hit as touch attacks.
    [11:55] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: X3
    [11:55] Remus: Maybe we should get to some cover? Don't know about you all, but i don't wanna be cleaning corn syrup out of my fur.
    [11:55] Direlda: I agree
    [11:55] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon nod nods :o *hides in pallas's bag*
    [11:55] DracoGM: ((Tell me when you are ready for me to move time forward...))
    [11:56] Direlda: Buzzy, is there any good place to shelter from rain around here?
    [11:56] *** You are now known as Buzzy.
    [11:56] * Pallas agrees
    [11:57] * Buzzy goes over to Direlda, DC 15 listen check to hear for anyone BUT Direlda since his voice is so soft.
    [11:57] Remus: dice 1d20
    [11:57] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 14; Total: 14.
    [11:57] Remus: 23
    [11:57] Spheniscine: dice 1d20
    [11:57] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 18; Total: 18.
    [11:58] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon is in pallas's bag, but tries to listen anyways
    [11:58] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: dice 1d20
    [11:58] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 18; Total: 18.
    [11:58] Spheniscine: 21
    [11:58] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: 22
    [11:58] Pallas: dice 1d20
    [11:58] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 17; Total: 17.
    [11:58] Buzzy: Remus, Direlda, Spheniscine, Clem, Pallas, and whoever else makes it: Yes, this way....
    [11:58] Pallas: 22
    [11:59] Buzzy: You find cover.
    [11:59] Pallas: No, 21, I'm looking at the wrong one
    [11:59] Spheniscine: lol
    [11:59] Remus: ((Go ahead and fast forward now, i think))
    [12:00] Spheniscine: ((nods))
    [12:00] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon gets a free ride from pallas's bag :P
    [12:00] Buzzy: As you look out from your shelter one of you catches sight of a magestic Gummi Wyrm through a break in the clouds and calls out to the others in time for them to catch a glimpse of it.
    [12:01] Spheniscine: ((Gummi Dragon? Ooh.))
    [12:01] * Pallas takes note of the creature with interest
    [12:01] * Remus giggles at the pun
    [12:02] Buzzy: A few days later you are growing weary enough of sweats, even augmented by *Good Berry* that Buzzy offers to take you to a village that includes a high percentage of non-native people, both visitors and perminant residents.
    [12:03] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: :3
    [12:03] * Remus pulls out his map and takes a look at the arrow "I think we should"
    [12:04] Direlda: that does sound like a good idea
    [12:04] Buzzy: Pallas: You are basically going to be casting that once a day, so make sure you have that listed on your spells prepared.
    [12:04] Buzzy: Following the arrow you have a rediculously easy time finding the place.
    [12:05] Pallas: ((?))
    [12:05] Buzzy: No less than three Pez-Ant mounds scattered throughout the village.
    [12:05] *** Spheniscine has signed off IRC (Ping timeout: 121 seconds).
    [12:05] Remus: ((Good Berry))
    [12:05] Buzzy: ((*Good Berry*))
    [12:05] *** Spheniscine__ has joined #DracoD&D.
    [12:05] Spheniscine__: =/
    [12:05] Spheniscine__: What did I miss?
    [12:05] WagzBot: You can always ask me.... I mean it's not like I'm here for nothing. *Twiddles her paws*
    [12:05] Buzzy: You find a restaurant that your expense accound will cover.
    [12:06] Spheniscine__: Last line I saw was:
    [12:06] Spheniscine__: <Buzzy> A few days later you are growing weary enough of sweats, even augmented by *GoodBerry* that Buzzy offers to take you to a village that includes a high percentage of non-native people, both visitors and perminant residents.
    [12:06] Pallas: ((Draco I don't have a spells list)
    [12:06] Buzzy: The dishes are mostly fruit, and very sweat fruit at that, but still you enjoy the food.
    [12:06] Buzzy: ((Well, you should, you will need it for next week.))
    [12:06] *** Spheniscine__ is now known as Spheniscine.
    [12:07] Buzzy: Tables surrounded by chairs are scattered throughout the room, a single private room is availible, but it proves to have good coating of dust when Clem investigates it.
    [12:08] Buzzy: The main attraction of the decor is the glass (not clear sugar, but real glass) terrarium housing the Cherry Oozes that are for sale (like a lobster tank in a seafood restaurant).
    [12:09] Buzzy: The feedings are interesting to watch, and happen every 6 hours.
    [12:09] * Direlda warily avoids the oozes' tank
    [12:09] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon eyes curiously at the cherry oozes
    [12:09] Remus: Is there somewhere in town where we can get some more...sustaining...food for traveling?
    [12:10] Buzzy: Those of you who join the crowd for feeding time watch as the oozes eat their marshmallows with great mindless voracity.
    [12:10] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: dice 1d20
    [12:10] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 6; Total: 6.
    [12:10] *** Foxwolf has signed off IRC (Bye bye: jmIrc destroyed by the OS God Bless!).
    [12:10] Buzzy: What are you rolling for Clem?
    [12:10] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: spot 11 >.>
    [12:10] Spheniscine: You don't need to spot what is in plain sight... <.<
    [12:10] Buzzy: Ok, what are you looking for?
    [12:11] Buzzy: ((Ending in 20 minutes))
    [12:11] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: (/me just stares at the oozes more)
    [12:11] Buzzy: The oozes are each about the size of a cat.
    [12:12] * Pallas pauses momentarily to watch the oozes
    [12:12] * Direlda sits down at an empty table and looks around at the patrons
    [12:12] Buzzy: Remus: You going to ask Buzzy, or try your luck asking around yourself?
    [12:12] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon doesnt think he would wanna go against ooze :/ looks more aggresive and hungry than skunk >.>
    [12:12] * Pallas then turns to Buzzy
    [12:12] Pallas: Buzzy
    [12:12] Buzzy: Yes?
    [12:13] Remus: Asking around, i think
    [12:13] Pallas: Where can one go for food in this town and how do we use our vouchers to pay for it?
    [12:13] Buzzy: ((Remus: Gather Information check...))
    [12:13] *** Spheniscine has signed off IRC (Changing hosts).
    [12:13] *** Spheniscine has joined #DracoD&D.
    [12:13] *** Foxwolf has joined #DracoD&D.
    [12:13] Buzzy: Here is the best place if you just want a meal.
    [12:14] Remus: dice 1d20
    [12:14] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 20; Total: 20.
    [12:14] Remus: 18
    [12:14] Buzzy: If you want meat, the vouchers won't cover that except for those of you who HAVE to eat meat, I can show you to the correct stalls on market day tommorrow.
    [12:15] Buzzy: Dried fruit WOULD be under the vouchers, and would be at the market also.
    [12:15] Buzzy: Err... does that cover your question or am I zipping to conclusions?
    [12:15] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: bread .-.
    [12:16] Pallas: I would be satisfied with bread and fruit.
    [12:16] Buzzy: ((Clem: Is that something you are saying to someone?))
    [12:16] Spheniscine: ((Do I need meat?))
    [12:17] Buzzy: Fruit is here, bread... the market, and you would have to pay yourself.
    [12:17] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: ((was open comment :P))
    [12:17] Spheniscine: Yeah, bread and fruit would do fine, I guess.
    [12:17] Buzzy: ((Your character, with your species design, you tell me...))
    [12:17] Pallas: We were told our vouchers covered our meals. Why is that different?
    [12:17] Spheniscine: ((lol))
    [12:18] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon is tired of sweets '~' *whines in bag*
    [12:18] Buzzy: Because it is really hard to get grains to grow here... the plane is somewhat antithetical to them by nature... of course if one brings in the soil from another plane I hear that takes care of it, but that is obviously very expensive.l
    [12:19] * Pallas pets her bag
    [12:20] * Spheniscine is still giddy from the sugar rush. Sugar rushes and Falling Anvil students are a dangerous combo. :p
    [12:20] * Remus takes a step back from Spheniscine
    [12:20] Spheniscine: D-d-d-d-d-doi!
    [12:20] Pallas: That doesn't answer the diffentiation between what we were promised and what you're telling us, Buzzy.
    [12:21] Direlda: I wouldn't mind some meat... I mean, I can survive on fruits, but I would be much happier with some meat ((yay omnivores ^^ , which foxes are))
    [12:21] Buzzy: ((Actually it does, there is an expense cap per meal or whatever, and meat and bread are over it.))
    [12:21] * Direlda eyes Spheniscine
    [12:21] Pallas: ((okay))
    [12:22] * Remus nods to Direlda
    [12:22] Direlda: you feeling alright, Spheniscine?
    [12:22] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: shoulda caught the skunk-meat earlier >.>
    [12:22] Remus: ((Was it actually meat?))
    [12:22] Spheniscine: Wouldn't have been real meat... probably all sugar.
    [12:22] Spheniscine: :p
    [12:22] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: '~'
    [12:23] * Foxwolf licks his paws
    [12:23] Buzzy: ((No meat on that skunk... licorice, white chocolate (molten for the blood), and hot-sauce in the spray-glands))
    [12:23] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: ._.
    [12:24] Spheniscine: I wouldn't mind some meat either, but if we can't afford it... *shrugs*
    [12:24] Direlda: well, let's at least check out the market tomorrow
    [12:24] Remus: aye
    [12:24] Spheniscine: OK.
    [12:25] Buzzy: ((Oops, I miscalculated the time... I don't want to advance the main plot for this area (which you don't even know what it is right now), but whatever random RP you want to do for this area is fine, or we can call it a session...))
    [12:25] Buzzy: ((YOU can afford it... the vouchers just don't cover it.))
    [12:25] Spheniscine: :p
    [12:25] Buzzy: ((You are adventuring types... you are loaded compared to most people.))
    [12:26] Spheniscine: ((Ah. It's great to be rich! X3))
    [12:26] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon sees that he haz 100 GP >.>
    [12:27] Spheniscine: ((My char sheet doesn't have anything regarding GP...))
    [12:27] Buzzy: ((Grain based stuff is 5 times the prices in the Players Handbook/SRD, meat is x10))
    [12:28] Buzzy: ((You each have 5,400 net worth right now, but most of that goes into armor and weapons and miscellanious other gear, including potions and etc.))
    [12:29] Buzzy: ((Pallas: You good for another hour?))
    [12:29] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon starts gnawing at his tail-shield again from lack of chewy, meaty bits
    [12:30] * Remus picks up Saleth and pets him, thinking
    [12:31] Spheniscine: ((Who's Saleth?))
    [12:31] Buzzy: ((We DO need to get inventories worked out more precisely...))
    [12:31] Buzzy: Saleth = Tomcat familiar.
    [12:31] Spheniscine: Ah.
    [12:31] Remus: ((Maybe we should cut off here and spend the rest of the time taking care of that?))
    [12:32] Buzzy: Saleth also = mostly a liability according to the general concensus of D&D players at the moment, but will be turning into a big asset later if he is kept around.
    [12:32] Buzzy: ((What do other people think of Remus's suggestion?
    [12:32] Buzzy: ))
    [12:32] * Foxwolf curls up with Remus and rests his snout on your back
    [12:32] Buzzy: ((BTW, I find a spread-sheet makes it a LOT easier.))
    [12:32] Direlda: ((I'm fine either way))
    [12:32] Spheniscine: ((Sure...))
    [12:33] Pallas: ((Shrugs))
    [12:33] Buzzy: ((Pallas: I would put spells as being a higher priority... do you see the check-box to open that part of your sheet up?))
    [12:33] Remus: Hmm.. well how about we get some sleep for now and go check out the market in the morning?
    [12:34] Buzzy: Sure.
    [12:34] Direlda: sounds like a plan
    [12:34] Direlda: so where's an inn?
    [12:34] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon yawns and curls up still in bag after whole time
    [12:34] Pallas: ((it's open
    [12:35] Spheniscine: Sure Remus.
    [12:35] Direlda: Buzzy, where's the inn?
    [12:36] Buzzy: ((Eh... it is also an Inn.))
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DracoDei's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Atlanta,GA USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (3.5) Elemental Plane of Candy/Candy Land play-test data.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pika... View Post
    This is AWESOME!!!

    May I please steal. Pwease? :3
    Certainly. I hybridized and modified it from a few sources (which is why I am posting it here on the excuse that it is play-test data). The original Candy-Land thread posited a noticeably darker world though...
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DracoDei's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Atlanta,GA USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (3.5) Elemental Plane of Candy/Candy Land play-test data.

    List of Character sheets HERE.
    Spheniscine: Character somehow got removed from campaign membership page.
    Pallas
    Sven Bent-Claw
    Clemaxgra
    Direlda
    Remus
    Tybalt
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2009-11-27 at 02:38 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DracoDei's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Atlanta,GA USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (3.5) Elemental Plane of Candy/Candy Land play-test data.

    [10:43] DracoDei: -----------Session Start ------------------------
    [10:44] Pallas: ((It's snowing tonight, by the way. First time this year...just thought I'd share.))
    [10:44] Remus: ^^
    [10:44] DracoDei: The main dining area smells strongly of citrus and other fruits. It is a square approximately 70 feet on a side, the entrance is to the south a pair of double doors made of sturdy peanut brittle. The entrance to the kitchen area is 10 feet short of the bar on the left as one enters, and the stairs up are 10 feet short on the right. Wooden tables are arranged in an orderly pattern, each surrounded by marshmallow cushioned wooden chairs, the floor is also wood.
    [10:44] * Spheniscine gets out of bed and yawns.
    [10:44] DracoDei: Pex-Ants make up about a quarter of the patrons, and all of the staff. The rest of the patrons are an eclectic mix of humans, halflings, gnomes, and one dwarf. Some of the Pez-Ant waiters wear stilts to reach the tables of the Medium sized patrons, others do not.
    [10:45] DracoDei: ((Not unless you took a nap... it is dinner time of the next day))
    [10:45] Spheniscine: ((Oops. X3)
    [10:45] DracoDei: Any preferences for which table you are sitting at?
    [10:45] * Sven is at the bar, looking around. "Huh, nice place, I suppose." Before biting at one of his claws.
    [10:46] Spheniscine: Oh, the first line cut off at "each surrounded by marshmallow cushioned woode"
    [10:46] Remus: ((my back to the wall?)
    [10:46] DracoDei: The entrance to the kitchen area is 10 feet short of the bar on the left as one enters, and the stairs up are 10 feet short on the right. Wooden tables are arranged in an orderly pattern, each surrounded by marshmallow cushioned wooden chairs, the floor is also wood.
    [10:47] * Pallas walks over to a table in the a corner that offers a nice view of the surrounding room
    [10:47] * Spheniscine joins Pallas
    [10:47] * Remus sits down next to Pallas, his back against the wall
    [10:47] * Spheniscine reads the menu intently
    [10:47] * Pallas also sits with her back to the wall
    [10:48] DracoDei: ((Ok, so... GM fiat for reasonability... you are all at the table in one of the corners.))
    [10:48] Spheniscine: :p
    [10:48] DracoDei: Can anyone make a DC 25 sense motive check?
    [10:48] Sven: ((Fair enough))
    [10:48] Pallas: roll 1 d25
    [10:49] Pallas: roll 1 d20
    [10:49] Remus: (dice 1d20)
    [10:49] Spheniscine: Pallas: It's "dice 1d20"
    [10:49] Pallas: dice 1d20
    [10:49] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 15; Total: 15.
    [10:49] Pallas: 19
    [10:49] Sven: Dice 1D20
    [10:49] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 1; Total: 1.
    [10:50] Spheniscine: ((I always forget to call my charsheet up))
    [10:50] Sven: ((D'oh!))
    [10:50] Spheniscine: dice 1d20
    [10:50] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 19; Total: 19.
    [10:50] Spheniscine: 29.
    [10:52] * Pallas watches Hesiod as he floofs up
    [10:52] * Spheniscine nuzzles Hesoid
    [10:52] DracoDei: Ok, Spheniscine, you notice that one of the Pez-Ants closest to the FAR side of the glass tank is fingering his qualterstaff and maybe something on his belt in a suspecious manner.
    [10:53] DracoDei: What do you do Spheniscine?
    [10:53] * Spheniscine discreetly motions to the party
    [10:53] Pallas: *Hesiod climbs onto Sphen's shoulder*
    [10:53] Spheniscine: Something gets me about that guy... *discreetly points*
    [10:53] * Sven sees the motion and looks at Sphen. "Him?" He motions with his eyes at the guy.
    [10:54] * Spheniscine nods
    [10:54] Pallas: Lift your menus.
    [10:54] * Pallas raises her up like she's reading it.
    [10:54] * Spheniscine goes back to reading the menu
    [10:54] * Pallas motions for the others to do so.
    [10:55] * Sven obeys, though actually thirsty as well. "Can we at least get something to drink, I'm dying."
    [10:55] * Remus picks up his menu and pretends to be trying to pick something out to eat
    [10:55] * Pallas looks at the others freely as the menus create an effective yet inconspicuous shield
    [10:55] *** dragonroo has joined #DracoD&D.
    [10:55] * Spheniscine is actually reading the menu intently
    [10:56] * dragonroo ish extremely late >.<
    [10:56] Pallas: ((Welcome Clem))
    [10:56] Spheniscine: ((Oh hai dragonroo))
    [10:56] *** dragonroo is now known as clemaxgra-pocketdragon.
    [10:56] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: :3
    [10:56] Sven: ((Whats on the menu, drink wise?))
    [10:56] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon wonders what he missed o-o
    [10:57] Spheniscine: Hmm... we are in a dining room.
    [10:57] DracoDei: Ok, this means that none of you are TOO surprised when he draws two hammers and smashes the corner of the terrarium with his quarterstaff.
    [10:57] Pallas: ((Clem, we're seated at a table, a Pez-ant is fingering his staff and we don't know why))
    [10:57] * Remus blinks
    [10:57] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon acks at the thought of more candy >.<
    [10:57] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon wants meat :o
    [10:57] * Sven hears the noise and peers over his menu. "Crud."
    [10:57] * Spheniscine is roused from his menu-trance
    [10:57] Pallas: ((Wait, he was INSIDE a terrarium?))
    [10:58] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: o.o??
    [10:58] Remus: ((How large is the pez-ant?)
    [10:58] Pallas: ((Confusion))
    [10:58] DracoDei: ((No, he was standing next to it, and smarshed in 2 sections of it, each about 5 wide and which made a right angle with eachother.))
    [10:59] DracoDei: ((Pez-Ants are about the size of a halfling.))
    [10:59] * Pallas jumps and Hesiod shrieks and flies into the air
    [10:59] Sven: ((Is this going to be a bar fight?))
    [11:00] * Pallas draws the hood up on her cloak
    [11:00] * Spheniscine looks over the menu, waiting to see what he wants
    [11:00] DracoDei: ((Well, since there is probably nobody noticably drunk in the room, no, not really.))
    [11:00] Remus: ((am i able to cast a spell at him?))
    [11:00] DracoDei: It is the dinner hour and the place is crowded, especially around the ooze-tank since a feeding is going to be happening within the next 10 minutes.

    [11:00] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon wonders what sorta utensils there use here for eatin o-o
    [11:00] * Pallas calls Hesiod over to her
    [11:00] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: they*
    [11:00] DracoDei: ((We are now in initiative, which, to save time, I rolled ahead of time.)
    [11:01] Sven: ((And who's going when?)
    [11:01] * Spheniscine readies his crossbow
    [11:01] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon headtilts in confusion
    [11:02] * Sven pulls out his cross bow and loads it behind the menu. "Cruddy ant won't even let me get a drink."
    [11:02] DracoDei: ((I have simplified initiative for some of the combatants (who you don't even know who they are yet), for the ones you DO know about the order is: Pallas, Sven, Clemaxgra, Remus, Spheniscine, ande the Pez-Ant))
    [11:02] * Pallas offers Clem a place on her shoulder opposite of Hesoiod
    [11:02] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: :3
    [11:03] DracoDei: Your go Pallas.
    [11:03] Pallas: ...
    [11:03] Spheniscine: ((We're not even sure what he wants... X3))
    [11:03] *** Direlda has joined #DracoD&D.
    [11:04] Spheniscine: ((Hi Direlda))
    [11:04] Pallas: Sven, please keep your crossbow out of sight
    [11:04] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon thinks that the last time he heard of them, pez ants were nommable o-o
    [11:04] Direlda: ((hi - I am teh tired and overslept))
    [11:04] Pallas: In such a crowded place it people may get the wrong idea
    [11:04] Remus: ((Hey Direlda, right at the beginning of a fight))
    [11:05] * Spheniscine loads his crossbow behind the menu shield
    [11:05] * Sven looks at Pallas. "Fine!" He shrugs, putting the bow back. "So, whats up with the bug anyway?"
    [11:05] Direlda: ((sorry about being late .; ))
    [11:05] Spheniscine: ((Anyway we're in a dining room, and a Pez-Ant just cause a commotion))
    [11:06] DracoDei: ((Ok, Direlda will be going after Remus, before Spheniscine))
    [11:06] * Pallas scans the room for anything else unusual
    [11:06] * Remus peers over the top of his menu, studying the pez-ant
    [11:06] * Sven looks at the bug. "If no one's gonna do something, then I suggest we try to talk to him."
    [11:06] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon drools a lil
    [11:06] * Spheniscine hides the loaded crossbow and surveys the situation again
    [11:06] Pallas: dice 1d20
    [11:06] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 17; Total: 17.
    [11:07] Pallas: 21 spot check ((if necessary for scanning the room))
    [11:08] DracoDei: Well, most of the people are looking RIGHT at Pez-Ant in question, but are still frozen with shock and confusion.
    [11:08] Pallas: ((Do Pez-ants speak our language?))
    [11:08] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: izit even dangerous? o.o they are food, aren't they? o.o?
    [11:08] Spheniscine: ((Clem, you rascal... :p))
    [11:09] Pallas: I don't think we're going to be able to get food here with this commotion.
    [11:09] DracoDei: ((The Pez-Ants around here tend to have learned Common in addition to Candy-tongue.))
    [11:10] DracoDei: Pallas: Looking around was a free action, what are you doing?
    [11:11] Pallas: ((Trying to spot anything unusual or noteworthy))
    [11:11] Spheniscine: ((Man, we're taking so long to roleplay 6 secs of game time. X3))
    [11:12] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: :P
    [11:14] Spheniscine: DracoDei?
    [11:14] WagzBot: DracoDei is a shiny gold dwaggin!
    [11:14] Pallas: ((Is it time for our optional side quest again?))
    [11:14] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon whacks wagzbot for instantly spoiling the tension
    [11:14] DracoDei: The Pez-Ant is weilding two hammers and a quarter-staff.
    [11:15] DracoDei: Pallas: You already looked around and I told you what you saw.
    [11:15] Direlda: ((ugh - my mind's not working right, I think I may need to fall back asleep - 4.5 hours isn't enough sleep...))
    [11:15] Spheniscine: lol
    [11:15] Spheniscine: Awr.
    [11:15] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: okay.. not for eating.. yet ._.
    [11:15] Pallas: ((Then I misunderstood your question))
    [11:16] DracoDei: Looking around is a FREE action.
    [11:16] Pallas: ((Yes, I understand that.))
    [11:16] DracoDei: So you still have a Swift, Move, and Standard left...
    [11:16] Spheniscine: ((How about we all skip and see what he wants?))
    [11:16] DracoDei: You PROBABLY want to do something with them.
    [11:16] Spheniscine: ((Or not... X3))
    [11:16] DracoDei: Unless you are delaying or readying.
    [11:17] Spheniscine: ((When the GM gives a hint, take it. X3))
    [11:17] DracoDei: Dalying to see what he wants is reasonably valid.
    [11:17] DracoDei: *Delaying
    [11:17] Spheniscine: ((Hmm...))
    [11:17] Spheniscine: ((OK with everyone?))
    [11:17] DracoDei: Just state what you are doing so QUICKLY.
    [11:17] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon walks up to the pez-ant "Me iz hungry. Go get cooked now o-o"
    [11:17] Pallas: ((Delaying is the only course of action that suits my character))
    [11:18] DracoDei: Combat tends to bog down if people don't have their moves figured out by the time things get around to them, I realize you are first in the combat, but this was getting rediculous.))
    [11:18] Pallas: ((That aside, perhaps because I'm tired or because I haven't played in a very long time...I had no idea what you wanted me to do until you stated it about 30 seconds again so don't get so angry at me when you didn't ever EXPLAIN it.
    [11:18] DracoDei: SVEN your turn!~
    [11:19] Spheniscine: ((Sorry. ._.))
    [11:19] * Sven sighs "This is pointless." He said standing up before he makes his way towards the Pez-ant in question, offering excuse me's to the other patrons in common. He stands, a good five feet away from the pez-ant in question and asks. "Whats up Buddy?" In the best common he can, and as friendly as possible.
    [11:19] * Pallas watches
    [11:19] Sven: ((End Turn))
    [11:19] * Spheniscine watches
    [11:20] DracoDei: You start to move towards him, but the thick crowds mean you can't run, and he IS about 60 feet away, so you aren't quite next to him.
    [11:21] DracoDei: What with having to go around tables and such...
    [11:21] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon offers to relay message..
    [11:21] Sven: ((True, my bad...))
    [11:21] Spheniscine: ((So it's Clem's turn now?))
    [11:21] DracoDei: Yes, Clem's turn.
    [11:21] * Sven makes as far as he can, cursing the thick crowd.
    [11:21] Spheniscine: ((X3))
    [11:22] DracoDei: ((Pallas: Not angry, just laying down the way things are to people.))
    [11:22] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon nudges sven and offers to help relay the question
    [11:22] Spheniscine: ((I thought Clem couldn't fly?))
    [11:22] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon can get under tables :P
    [11:22] DracoDei: ((Which way are you circling? LEft towards the front door, or right toward the stairs up?))
    [11:23] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: o-o
    [11:23] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: left
    [11:23] DracoDei: Clem has short little legs, but can, indeed go under tables, so does manage to keep up with Sven.
    [11:23] * Sven looks at the Dragon. "If you'd be so kind to ask him, that would be good."
    [11:23] Spheniscine: ((Remus, your turn))
    [11:24] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon headtilts "Ask him what?" since was too noisy to hear the first time
    [11:24] * Sven tells clem. "What's the problem, that's what you should ask him."
    [11:25] Direlda: ((DracoDei, I'm terribly sorry, but I really need to get a little more sleep - I had planned to get my character background finished and be on time for today, but then ended up talking with Shonsu until very early, which I think was good that I did, but it means I'm too tired to think right .; ))
    [11:25] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon nod nods, and wonders if he can do the relaying this turn..
    [11:25] Spheniscine: ((Bye *hugs Dir*))
    [11:25] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: ((Cyas Direlda :o))
    [11:25] Direlda: ((I'm sorry to everyone))
    [11:25] Remus: ((one sec, figuring something out))
    [11:25] Spheniscine: ((Remus?))
    [11:26] DracoDei: ((Direlda: Yeah, he needed help. Sleep well.))
    [11:26] Remus: ((Can i take a move action /and/ a standard action?))
    [11:27] DracoDei: ((Yes.))
    [11:27] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: ((is still confused at whose turn it is >.< ))
    [11:27] Direlda: ((I'll make myself away, just so I get a log of this))
    [11:27] DracoDei: It is currently Remus's turn.
    [11:27] Spheniscine: ((OK Dir.))
    [11:27] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: oh o.o
    [11:27] *** Direlda is now known as Direlda[A].
    [11:27] * Direlda[A] is now away - Reason : sleep
    [11:28] DracoDei: The turn order is Pallas, Sven, Clemaxgra, Remus, Spheniscine, Pez-Ant who broke glass.
    [11:29] Spheniscine: ((Remus?))
    [11:29] DracoDei: ((BTW, _IF_ you want to you can draw weapons as part of a move action.))
    [11:30] * Remus casts Mage Armor on himself and moves towards the Pez-ant, circling around to the right so he will end up behind him.
    [11:32] DracoDei: ((Direlda went off for a walk after an early dinner.))
    [11:32] DracoDei: SPHENISCINE, your go.
    [11:33] * Spheniscine joins the Sven and Clem. ((seeing that he has high Diplomacy...))
    [11:33] DracoDei: ((Shouting names to help people notice when their turn is starting.))
    [11:33] Spheniscine: ((cut out the "the" X3))
    [11:34] Sven: (( Haha, I am the Sven! *imitates a french accent*))
    [11:34] *** You are now known as PezAnt.
    [11:36] * PezAnt 5 foot steps east, around the corner from Sven et al, and smashes another 5 foot section of the glass with his hammers before sweeping Cherry Oozes out onto the floor. A patron screams!
    [11:37] PezAnt: "Outsiders go home! Candy land for the candy people!"
    [11:37] Sven: ((Yep Violent))
    [11:37] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: >.< (mixed up pezant for the cherryoozes
    [11:38] Sven: ((Hey, Draco, how many of the guys here know Gnomish?))
    [11:38] Spheniscine: ((lol))
    [11:38] Pallas: ((How high are the ceilings in here)
    [11:39] Spheniscine: ((Yeah, I guess it's PALLAS's turn now))
    [11:39] *** RobinFiredrake has signed off IRC (Ping timeout: 121 seconds).
    [11:39] PezAnt: Everyone but Clem and Sphen can see the oozes. Clem didn't even see what happened because he is on the ground and can't see into the tank.
    [11:40] PezAnt: Yes, it is Pallas's turn.
    [11:40] Spheniscine: What about me?
    [11:40] PezAnt: I had to update the map I have on graph paper.
    [11:40] Spheniscine: lol
    [11:40] PezAnt: You saw them leave the tank, but now they are on the ground, you can't actually see them.
    [11:40] Spheniscine: Ah.
    [11:40] PezAnt: The base of the tank is in the way.
    [11:40] Spheniscine: Ok.
    [11:41] * Pallas gets onto the table and ((can I cast spells??))
    [11:41] PezAnt: The ceiling is about 12' high.
    [11:42] PezAnt: ((Yep, you can see 6 of the oozes, but you don't have a clear line of effect to the Pez-Ant since the glass is in the way.))
    [11:42] PezAnt: ((So, yes, you can do some spell casting.))
    [11:43] Pallas: ((All right, I suppose I'll have to move to get to the Pez-Ant then...tell me if anything here is not okay))
    [11:43] Pallas: Spheniscine, can you help me get to the Pez-Ant?
    [11:43] * Pallas jumps into the air and begins flying toward the Pez-Ant
    [11:45] Spheniscine: ((How?))
    [11:45] Spheniscine: ((Pallas can fly? X3))
    [11:45] PezAnt: ((Towards him directly, or circling around to get a clear line of effect?))
    [11:45] Pallas: ((Do as you will, Sphen. :-P))
    [11:45] Pallas: ((Circling))
    [11:46] Pallas: ((Sphen: (Link: http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/....php?cid=30130 - I can fly))
    [11:46] Spheniscine: ((Ah.))
    [11:48] PezAnt: Ok, you move into LoE... what are you casting?
    [11:50] Pallas: ((Is the PEz-Ant animal enough to be calmed by Calm Animal or is there something I can use Entangle on?))
    [11:51] Spheniscine: ((If that counts as an animal, then we all will count... ._.))
    [11:51] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: ._.
    [11:51] PezAnt: ((Neither, the Pez-Ant is a monsterous humanoid probably, and there are no high concentrations of house-plants.))
    [11:52] Pallas: ((I suppose in that case I want to cast Charm Animal for the Oozes if I can))
    [11:53] PezAnt: ((Nope, Ooze =/= Animal))
    [11:53] Pallas: ((I suppose Calm Animal is the same thing then))
    [11:53] PezAnt: ((Yep.))
    [11:55] Pallas: ((In that case, obscuring mist since it will be stationary and I can fly out of but the Pez-Ant will be surrounded))
    [11:56] PezAnt: So you are going right over his head?
    [11:56] PezAnt: ((And what is the radius of that?))
    [11:56] Pallas: ((The cloud spreads in a 20 ft radius from me, so I don't have to))
    [11:57] Spheniscine: ((Will it affect us?))
    [11:57] Pallas: (( (Link: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/obs...curingMist.htm ))
    [11:57] Pallas: (( Sphen, our table is 60 feet away))
    [11:59] PezAnt: ((Well, yes, but there is nobody AT your table now.))
    [11:59] PezAnt: Remus is in the south east corner of the cloud.
    [12:00] Pallas: ((Then short answer: Yes))
    [12:00] PezAnt: Clem, Sven, and Spheniscine are just outside the south west -ish part.
    [12:00] PezAnt: Sven, your go.
    [12:00] PezAnt: Er...
    [12:01] Spheniscine: ((This will be so much easier with a map... X3))
    [12:01] PezAnt: But first you hear screams of pain from inside the mist. Sounds like a humanoid, not a Pez-Ant.
    [12:02] Pallas: ((Knew they should have gotten onto the tables))
    [12:02] PezAnt: Well, unless someone can handle the technical part to host with map-tool, we aren't going to have a map.
    [12:02] PezAnt: ((No tables right there... clear space around the tank so tank-watchers don'
    [12:02] * Sven hears the noise and mutters a curse in Gnomish, as he sees the cloud descends. A grin comes across his face, which was wiped off when he heard the screams. He goes towards the cloud as he then yells. "Keep away!" before entering.
    [12:03] Sven: Dice 1d20
    [12:03] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 13; Total: 13.
    [12:03] PezAnt: t tie up traffic too much.))
    [12:03] PezAnt: What were you rolling for?
    [12:04] Sven: Well, I wanted to see if I could see the ant, in the cloud, but am I there, or is there to much of a crowd?
    [12:05] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: svens rhyming o-o
    [12:05] PezAnt: Once you get into the cloud you can vaguely make out the Pez-Ant in question.
    [12:06] Sven: How far away is he?
    [12:06] PezAnt: ((You are now in melee range...))
    [12:06] Sven: ((Would my spray effect it?))
    [12:07] PezAnt: You almost got knocked down running into a panicked patron in the fog, but you are now in melee range.))
    [12:07] PezAnt: Generally insects are less likely to get the FULL effect, but in general it is pretty effective...
    [12:07] * Sven turns tail and takes aim and FIRES!
    [12:07] Sven: (What exactly do I need to roll?)
    [12:07] PezAnt: ((You Crit only on a 20, but that is the only change for insects.))
    [12:08] PezAnt: First roll a d20 for the touch attack... actually, unless you threaten a critical, that is all you do.
    [12:08] Sven: (Ah crud)
    [12:08] Sven: Dice 1d20
    [12:08] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 20; Total: 20.
    [12:08] PezAnt: Critical threat!
    [12:08] PezAnt: Roll it!
    [12:08] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: :P
    [12:09] Sven: Dice 1d20
    [12:09] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 16; Total: 16.
    [12:09] Spheniscine: ((Yay!))
    [12:09] PezAnt: Right in the olefactory organs!
    [12:09] PezAnt: BRB
    [12:09] Spheniscine: ((X3))
    [12:09] Sven: (I got a pic of this)
    [12:11] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon wonders if fire or ice works better against bugs o-o
    [12:11] Spheniscine: (Sven: lol)
    [12:12] Sven: (Link: http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs37/f/20...y_DarthLen.jpg
    [12:12] Spheniscine: (Ah.)
    [12:13] Remus: (XD)
    [12:13] * PezAnt looks up the rules for wereskunks spray...
    [12:14] PezAnt: Sven: The part I DO remember is that you now have to make a fortitude save.
    [12:14] Sven: Dice 1d20
    [12:14] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 10; Total: 10.
    [12:14] Sven: 14
    [12:16] PezAnt: Pallas: You are within 15' of the Pez-
    [12:16] PezAnt: Ant so you also have to save against the smell coming from him now, or take a -3 to all d20 rolls.
    [12:16] PezAnt: roll 3d6
    [12:17] PezAnt: dice 3d6
    [12:17] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 3:1:4; Total: 8.
    [12:17] PezAnt: The secondary effects of the spray will last for 8 minutes.
    [12:17] Pallas: dice 3d6
    [12:17] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 2:3:2; Total: 7.
    [12:17] PezAnt: HE gets the -3 without a save...
    [12:17] PezAnt: No...
    [12:17] Pallas: ((and now what??))
    [12:18] Remus: ((roll a d20, Pallas))
    [12:18] Pallas: dice 1d20
    [12:18] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 8; Total: 8.
    [12:19] PezAnt: For the Pez-Ant's roll to avoid being completely blinded:
    [12:19] PezAnt: dice 1d20
    [12:19] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 5; Total: 5.
    [12:19] Pallas: ((and now what?))
    [12:19] PezAnt: Ok, the Pez-Ant is completely blind.
    [12:19] Sven: ((WOOHOO!))
    [12:20] Spheniscine: Turn order: Pallas, Sven, Clemaxgra, Remus, Spheniscine, Pez-Ant who broke glass.
    [12:20] PezAnt: Pallas toughs it out and is unaffected by the horrid odor.
    [12:20] * Spheniscine notes it should be the topic, but this channel is currently op-less...
    [12:20] PezAnt: So, yes, Clemaxgra.
    [12:21] PezAnt: I could leave and come back and it would Op me...
    Session Close (D((D): Fri Nov 20 12:21:07 2009


    Session Start (CFFWolfin:#DracoD&D): Fri Nov 20 12:21:19 2009
    [12:21] *** #DracoD&D: Pallas clemaxgra-pocketdragon Spheniscine WagzBot Sven Remus Direlda[A] PezAnt
    [12:21] *** #DracoD&D was created on Fri Nov 13 09:23:54 2009.
    [12:21] Remus: ((Is anyone else in need of a saving roll against the smell?))
    [12:22] *** You're not a channel operator!
    [12:22] *** You're not a channel operator!
    [12:22] *** You're not a channel operator!
    [12:22] *** You're not a channel operator!
    [12:22] *** You're not a channel operator!
    [12:22] PezAnt: Grr...
    [12:22] *** You are now known as DracoDei.
    [12:22] *** -NickServ- This nickname is registered and protected. If it is your
    [12:22] *** -NickServ- nick, type /msg NickServ IDENTIFY password. Otherwise,
    [12:22] *** -NickServ- please choose a different nick.
    [12:22] *** -NickServ- Password accepted - you are now recognized.
    Session Close (#DracoD&D): Fri Nov 20 12:22:32 2009


    Session Start (CFFWolfin:#DracoD&D): Fri Nov 20 12:22:47 2009
    [12:22] *** #DracoD&D: Pallas clemaxgra-pocketdragon Spheniscine WagzBot Sven Remus Direlda[A] DracoDei
    [12:22] *** Mode change "+qo DracoDei DracoDei" for channel #DracoD&D by ChanServ.
    [12:22] Spheniscine: There.
    [12:22] *** #DracoD&D was created on Fri Nov 13 09:23:54 2009.
    [12:23] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: so.. my turn?
    [12:23] *** Sven: No such nick/channel.
    [12:23] Spheniscine: Yep.
    [12:23] *** DracoDei has changed the topic on channel #DracoD&D to Sven Clem Remus Spheniscine Pez-Ant Pallas.
    [12:24] DracoDei: You weren't riding Sven were you?
    [12:24] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon assumes that he haz tagged along for the ride at least most of the way with sven... so wonders if is within range for breath attack, range 2 ft
    [12:24] DracoDei: You could move up and breath attack him.
    [12:24] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon wonders how :P
    [12:25] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: dice 2d6
    [12:25] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 1:6; Total: 7.
    [12:25] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: says here bonus attack is DC14 o.o
    [12:25] DracoDei: dice 1d20
    [12:25] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 2; Total: 2.
    [12:26] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: for cold breath attack i guess o-o
    [12:26] DracoDei: The Pez-Ant COMPLETELY fails to dodge your breath weapon in time... which were you using?
    [12:26] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: cold
    [12:27] DracoDei: That is because it doesn't have an attack roll, it is an area of effect technically.
    [12:27] DracoDei: Remus, your go.
    [12:29] DracoDei: REMUS, your turn.
    [12:29] Remus: ((ack, was distracted, sorrry))
    [12:30] Remus: ((do i have LOE to the pez-ant?
    [12:31] DracoDei: ((Not at this time, but you could move to were you would at least have LoE, but you would have to be right next to him to get LoS.))
    [12:31] clemaxgra-pocketdragon: sorry, hasta go, is too late here right now
    [12:31] Spheniscine: Awr.
    [12:31] Spheniscine: Bye Clem.
    [12:31] *** clemaxgra-pocketdragon has signed off IRC (Bye bye: The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese God Bless!).
    [12:31] Remus: ((and i am where, relative to him?))
    [12:33] DracoDei: 15' south and 25' east.
    [12:34] DracoDei: More people shreak as they take acid damage from the oozes.
    [12:35] DracoDei: ((Pallas, look up for me if there is a ( D ) on the duration of that fog cloud...))
    [12:35] Pallas: ((One second))
    [12:35] DracoDei: Clem, roll a DC 14 fortitude save.
    [12:36] DracoDei: Remus: Allow neither of these things to slow you down.
    [12:36] Pallas: ((1 min/level))
    [12:37] DracoDei: ((That isn't what I asked.))
    [12:37] Remus: ((grrr...browser crashed >.<))
    [12:37] Pallas: ((Then look it up yourself. I never know what you want in this game.))
    [12:39] DracoDei: ((Ok, no, it doesn't have a ( D ) next to it.))
    [12:40] DracoDei: ((which is short for :"dismissable" and goes after the duration proper.))
    [12:40] Remus: ((does alignment change what i can summon for summon monster spells?))
    [12:41] DracoDei: ((Yes, you can't summon Evil or Lawful creatures.))
    [12:43] DracoDei: your go remus.
    [12:44] DracoDei: just in case your browser crash caused you to miss that.
    [12:45] * Remus moves until he's about 10 feet from the Pez-ant and casts Magic Missile at it
    [12:45] DracoDei: Well, he IS screaming bloody murder so I guess you can target by sound if you make a DC 15 listen check.
    [12:46] Remus: dice 1d20
    [12:46] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 13; Total: 13.
    [12:46] Remus: 22
    [12:47] DracoDei: Ok, you manage to pick him out of the other screaming by smell and which thinks he is screaming about...
    [12:48] DracoDei: Unfortunately you come within pseudo-pod range of two of the Cherry Oozes just as you get ready to start casting.
    [12:49] DracoDei: Going to cast on the defensive, or provoke 2 AoO's (attacks of opportunity)?
    [12:49] DracoDei: roll 1d20
    [12:49] DracoDei: dice 1d20
    [12:49] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 4; Total: 4.
    [12:50] DracoDei: Oh, and you fail your save versus Sven's distain for the Pez-Ant.
    [12:51] Spheniscine: ((Hrm.))
    [12:52] Remus: (cast on defensive)
    [12:52] DracoDei: DC15 concentration check.
    [12:53] Remus: dice 1d20
    [12:53] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 9; Total: 9.
    [12:53] Spheniscine: 17.
    [12:53] Remus: 17
    [12:54] DracoDei: Roll your damage...
    [12:55] Remus: dice 2d4
    [12:55] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 3:4; Total: 7.
    [12:55] Remus: 4, 5
    [12:55] Spheniscine: ((needs to finish his turn, then go to the bathroom... >.<))
    [12:55] DracoDei: There is a thump and one less voice screaming.
    [12:56] DracoDei: SPHENISCINE, your go.
    [12:56] Spheniscine: ((OK, so he's KO'ed?))
    [12:56] Spheniscine: ((What do I see?))
    [12:56] DracoDei: You see a big cloud in front of you.
    [12:56] DracoDei: IE nothing particularly useful.
    [12:57] Spheniscine: (lag, hope it clears up...)
    [12:57] Spheniscine: Hm, I enter it and hope to see what's going on?
    [13:00] Spheniscine: ?
    [13:00] DracoDei: You now see the intactsouth side of the terrarium in front of you, with some cherry oozes inside it. ((That is 10' worth of movement used (counting it as difficult terrain due to fog and innocent bystanders in the way), so you can draw your weapon, move another 20' worth, and still take standard action.))
    [13:01] Spheniscine: (my computer is unstable right now... gonna close programs)
    [13:01] DracoDei: ((OK))
    [13:02] DracoDei: ((30 minutes left in session.))
    [13:04] Spheniscine: (OK, right now the only program is IceChat, which means no char sheet. ._.)
    [13:05] Spheniscine: Hm, I press on toward where I think the Pez-Ant is?
    [13:06] DracoDei: Ok, you get up to him, and see he is slumped on the ground.
    [13:06] DracoDei: A cherry Ooze is attop him eating into his thorax.
    [13:07] Spheniscine: Hmm... anything I have that can stop it?
    [13:07] DracoDei: Many things...
    [13:08] Spheniscine: Crossbow shot?
    [13:08] Spheniscine: Or cast a spell? Hmm...
    [13:08] DracoDei: Giant Mallet, lightning from storm-cloud, a brick,....
    [13:08] Spheniscine: (still has no charsheet...)
    [13:09] DracoDei: No crossbow... you don't go into a cloud where ranged combat is nigh-impossible weilding a crossbow.
    [13:09] Spheniscine: (OK.)
    [13:09] Spheniscine: Hm. I think I'll try hitting it away with the giant mallet.
    [13:09] Spheniscine: Croquet style. :p
    [13:10] DracoDei: Roll a d20+3 to hit.
    [13:10] Spheniscine: dice 1d20
    [13:10] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 3; Total: 3.
    [13:10] Spheniscine: x.x
    [13:10] DracoDei: You miss and nick the Pez-Ant for a point of damage.
    [13:10] Spheniscine: Oops.
    [13:11] Spheniscine: OK, does this end my turn?
    [13:11] DracoDei: Yep.
    [13:11] Spheniscine: (OK, bathroom now. brb)
    [13:12] *** Spheniscine is now known as Sphen|away.
    [13:12] DracoDei: dice 1d10
    [13:12] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 8; Total: 8.
    [13:13] DracoDei: Pallas, your go.
    [13:13] DracoDei: Err.. sorry...
    [13:13] DracoDei: PALLAS your go.
    [13:13] DracoDei: ((Forgot to speak up...))
    [13:14] Pallas: ((Is there still screaming and is the ability to smell returned or does it still stink?))
    [13:15] DracoDei: ((There are still people screaming... but they are screaming "Arrgh! My leg!" and the voice going "Arrgh! My chemosensors!" has fallen silent with a thump after Remus said some words of power...))
    [13:16] *** Sphen|away is now known as Spheniscine.
    [13:17] DracoDei: ((And I can't find my pencil to update the map...))
    [13:18] * Pallas flies toward the screams in hopes of finding people after telling Hesiod to fly to safety, her club drawn should it be necessary
    [13:19] DracoDei: You see cherry oozes, some of which are trying to attack the patrons.
    [13:19] DracoDei: The patrons are trying to get away, but not being intimidating themselves (which y'all are) are getting caught in the press of the crowd).
    [13:20] * Pallas casts Guidance on the patrons
    [13:23] DracoDei: The patron in question will get +1 on his diplomacy roll then next time he yells "Let me through, this thing is trying to eat my leg!" or on his next attempt to stomp on the ooze.
    [13:24] DracoDei: One ooze each flops out of the tank at tries to strike Clem and Sven with their psuedopods.
    [13:24] DracoDei: the one on clem can only dream of hitting him...
    [13:25] DracoDei: dice 1d20
    [13:25] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 12; Total: 12.
    [13:25] DracoDei: That ooze is fails.
    [13:25] Sven: I have an 18 AC
    [13:25] DracoDei: The one on Sven rolls...
    [13:25] DracoDei: dice 1d20
    [13:25] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 1; Total: 1.
    [13:26] DracoDei: Auto-miss.
    [13:27] DracoDei: SVEN, your go.
    [13:27] Sven: ((Do these people have a Chemical base of some kind?))
    [13:28] Pallas: ((ugly bags of mostly water: H20))
    [13:29] DracoDei: The patrons getting hit are mostly humans, with a few halflings and gnomes. Only one innocent Pez-Ant.
    [13:29] Sven: ((I'm thinking more along the lines of Potassium Hydroxide))
    [13:29] DracoDei: ((Biochemically all but the Pez-Ants are your average mammal))
    [13:30] Sven: ((I meant, do they have the chemical itself?))
    [13:30] DracoDei: ((Pez-Ant biochemistry relies on the suspension of disbelief.))
    [13:31] DracoDei: ((Been a while since my molecular biology, and that was only AP Bio in Highschool.... you tell me.))
    [13:31] DracoDei: ((If humans have it, then all but the Pez-Ants do.))
    [13:31] Sven: ((Not Likely, however, if this place has oozes, then they should have something to neutralize the acid. At least by my logic))
    [13:32] DracoDei: ((Err... yes... don't know if it would be concentrated pockets or defused throughout them normally...))
    [13:33] DracoDei: ((But in the interests of encouraging creative thinking, go on.))
    [13:33] Sven: ((Should I role a Spot check to see if I find something? Cause if I can find it, just pour it on the oozes, they'll dissolve))
    [13:33] DracoDei: ((Ah, no.))
    [13:34] Sven: ((Do I find the chemical?))
    [13:34] DracoDei: ((That might deal 1 point of damage IF you rolled REALLY well on multiple rolls.... you are better off with claw/claw/bite attack routine.))
    [13:35] Sven: ((Fair enough.))
    [13:35] * Sven attacks the closest ooze.
    [13:35] DracoDei: ((If you mean how they stop the acid from eating through the plate, the spear them with harpoons to get them out of the tank, which stops them producing acid.))
    [13:36] DracoDei: ((So no bags of strong base sitting around... I though by "they" you meant the oozes themselves...)
    [13:36] Sven: ((Oh...))
    [13:36] DracoDei: Give me 2 d20s for your claws, and one for the bite...
    [13:36] Sven: dice 2d20
    [13:36] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 17:1; Total: 18.
    [13:37] Sven: ((D'OH!))
    [13:37] Sven: dice 1\d20
    [13:37] Sven: dice 1d20
    [13:37] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 10; Total: 10.
    [13:39] Sven: 23, crit fail, 14
    [13:40] DracoDei: AC 12, so you hit with the bite (mmmm... cherry flavored!) and the claws (look Ma red nails!).
    [13:40] Sven: Dice 1d6
    [13:40] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 1; Total: 1.
    [13:40] DracoDei: dice d6
    [13:40] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): ; Total: 0.
    [13:40] Sven: 1
    [13:40] Sven: ...
    [13:40] DracoDei: 2 damage with the bite.
    [13:41] Sven: How the heck?
    [13:41] DracoDei: dice 1d4
    [13:41] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 1; Total: 1.
    [13:41] DracoDei: 1 with the claw
    [13:41] Sven: How did I get zero?
    [13:41] DracoDei: You didn't, I did, because I forgot to put a 1 in front of the d.
    [13:42] DracoDei: And I think we shall end the session here, and start with Clemaxgra's turn next week...
    [13:42] DracoDei: Pallas and Spheniscine probably need some sleep.
    [13:43] * Remus nods
    [13:43] DracoDei: -----------------------End Session----------------------
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DracoDei's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Atlanta,GA USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (3.5) Elemental Plane of Candy/Candy Land play-test data.

    Most relevant portion of tactical map at the end of session 3.
    Tables are all surrounded by chairs in same squares.
    "Empty" may actually include nebulous panicking patrons and staff.
    Ooze three has taken 3 points of damage.
    NE =North-East
    NW =North-West
    SE = South-East
    SW = South-West
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2009-11-20 at 04:05 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DracoDei's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Atlanta,GA USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (3.5) Elemental Plane of Candy/Candy Land play-test data.

    This is two sets of logs patched together because neither is complete. There is likely considerable overlap between the two

    [23:41] <DracoDM> -------------------Session Start-----------------
    [23:41] <DracoDM> Clemaxgra attacks Ooze #3.
    [23:41] <DracoDM> dice 1d20
    [23:41] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 20; Total: 20.
    [23:41] <DracoDM> That would be a critical threat, but oozes are immune.
    [23:42] <DracoDM> dice 1d6
    [23:42] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 2; Total: 2.
    [23:42] <DracoDM> REMUS!
    [23:42] <WagzBot> Remus is a male grey were-fox from the Inland Northwest, a pocket psychologist, and is also a nice guy and likes to hand out evil cookies
    [23:42] <Remus> My turn?
    [23:43] <DracoDM> (Yes)
    [23:44] <Spheniscine> Hmm...
    [23:45] <Remus> cast Summon Monster II, Celestial Eagle
    [23:45] <Spheniscine> Ooh.
    [23:46] <DracoDM> Where are you going to put it relative to yourself?
    [23:46] <DracoDM> ((IE, which square?))
    [23:46] <Remus> same square
    [23:47] <DracoDM> ((And are you going to cast on the defensive again?))
    [23:47] <Remus> ((Yes))
    [23:47] <DracoDM> ((Well, roll the concentration check first.))
    [23:48] <Remus> dice 1d20
    [23:48] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 13; Total: 13.
    [23:48] <Remus> 21
    [23:48] <DracoDM> Only DC 15 so that works.
    [23:49] <DracoDM> So, where does it go?
    [23:50] <Remus> ((Are you asking what it does next?))
    [23:52] <DracoDM> ((Sorta, I am asking where you are going to summon it... oh, and that is another thing... you are only STARTING to summon it. You will finish casting right before the start of your next turn... summoning spells take just a BIT longer. Also, you might want to try to back away from the oozes while you ARE DOING THAT>))
    [23:53] <DracoDM> (((Capslock phail.))
    [23:53] <Spheniscine> X3
    [23:53] <DracoDM> ((And you don't actually need to decide right now where you are going to have the eagle appear.))
    [23:54] <DracoDM> ((And SE would probably be the best direction to step to.))
    [23:54] <Remus> ((Can i even move that way?))
    [23:55] <DracoDM> ((The corner doesn't really block you that much, except if you were trying to charge or something.))
    [23:55] <Remus> ((what are the directions on the map?))
    [23:56] <Spheniscine> ((Just trust him... lol))
    [23:56] <DracoDM> ((South is towards the bottom of the page, east is to your right as you look at the screen.))
    [23:57] <Remus> Then move to SE
    [23:57] <DracoDM> The crowd is now managing to get back from the ooze tank a bit.
    [23:58] <DracoDM> Oh, but before your turn...
    [23:58] <Spheniscine> ((Where is the giant mallet on my charsheet?))
    [23:58] <DracoDM> ((Under weapons...))
    [23:59] <Spheniscine> ((I only see a frying pan, crossbow, and raincloud there.))
    [00:00] <DracoDM> dice 1d20
    [00:00] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 3; Total: 3.
    [00:00] <DracoDM> Ok, an ooze missed Remus before his turn started.
    [00:01] <Spheniscine> ((Oh, is it the "Masterwork Maul"?))
    [00:02] <DracoDM> ((Sorry, yes it is the Masterwork Maul))
    [00:02] * Spheniscine nods
    [00:02] <DracoDM> ((You can change "Maul" to "Giant Mallet" but leave the word "Masterwork" it is important for mechanical purposes.))
    [00:02] * Spheniscine nods
    [00:03] <DracoDM> SPHENISCINE (Your go)!
    [00:04] <Spheniscine> OK, so I'm still standing over our unconscious antagonist, who is being attacked by oozes...
    [00:05] <Spheniscine> I think I'll have to try hitting them away again.
    [00:05] <DracoDM> Ok, I am going to roll you a DC 20 listen check, but go ahead with your attack anyway.
    [00:06] <Spheniscine> dice 1d20
    [00:06] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 9; Total: 9.
    [00:06] <DracoDM> dice 1d20
    [00:06] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 7; Total: 7.
    [00:06] <DracoDM> Ok, you failed the listen check.
    [00:06] <DracoDM> dice 1d20
    [00:06] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 15; Total: 15.
    [00:06] <DracoDM> But you barely made the spot check...
    [00:07] <Spheniscine> What do I see?
    [00:07] <DracoDM> You have to correct your swing just SLIGHTLY at the last second (no mechanical effect, just part of your skill with weapons) to account for the fact that he isn't breathing any more.
    [00:08] <DracoDM> So your target isn't moving up and down.
    [00:08] <Remus> ((Will knowing Celestial allow me to direct the eagle once it is summoned?))
    [00:08] <Spheniscine> ((Oh dang... we killed him. Now we'll have to explain that to the authorities...))
    [00:09] <Remus> ((Nah....))
    [00:09] <DracoDM> ((Remus: Yes.))
    [00:09] <DracoDM> ((Spheniscine: Yes, that will be a pain, but it also won't be the first time for some of you.
    [00:09] <DracoDM> ))
    [00:10] <Spheniscine> :p
    [00:10] <DracoDM> dice 1d12
    [00:10] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 3; Total: 3.
    [00:11] <DracoDM> 3 damage to ooze number 7
    [00:12] <DracoDM> dice 1d4
    [00:12] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 4; Total: 4.
    [00:13] <DracoDM> Remus is unlucky enough that one of the oozes decides to follow him instead of going after the already fallen prey.
    [00:14] <DracoDM> roll 1d20
    [00:14] <DracoDM> dice 1d20
    [00:14] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 3; Total: 3.
    [00:14] <DracoDM> But it misses badly.
    [00:14] <Remus> ((*sigh of relief*))
    [00:15] <DracoDM> Ooze #3 and Pallas go simultaniously for these purposes.
    [00:15] <DracoDM> PALLAS
    [00:15] <DracoDM> dice 1d20
    [00:15] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 15; Total: 15.
    [00:16] <DracoDM> Ooze 3 attacks Sven the Bent-claw, the wereskunk.
    [00:16] <DracoDM> But misses.
    [00:16] * Pallas hears the attack and flies toward it, club drawn
    [00:17] <DracoDM> Going to fly over the (closed) top of the terrarium, or are you going to go around?
    [00:18] <Pallas> ((how much space would that leave between the ceiling and myself))
    [00:18] <DracoDM> ((you would probably be skidding your paws in a half-run, half-fly over the top of the terrarium.))
    [00:19] <Pallas> ((I shall take that route and run/fly))
    [00:20] <Spheniscine> ((Anyone keeping an eye out for Clem?))
    [00:20] <DracoDM> ((Technically you probably heard Sven yelp "That was close!" rather than the swish of the psuedopod through the air. Since there is a bunch of psuedopods doing that.))
    [00:21] <Spheniscine> :p
    [00:21] <DracoDM> Ok, make me a Dex check.
    [00:21] <Pallas> ((He is not on Skype))
    [00:21] <Pallas> dice 1d20
    [00:21] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 3; Total: 3.
    [00:21] <Pallas> 7
    [00:22] <Pallas> ((I just went splat, huh?))
    [00:22] <DracoDM> ((Nope))
    [00:24] <DracoDM> Pallas fly/runs over the top of the terrarium very wary of the rafters above. Unfortunately, this results in less 'fly' and a bit more 'run' than the top of the heavily damaged terrarium can take, she makes it to her destination just fine, but part of the top collapses down, and another section of the glass shatters.
    [00:24] <DracoDM> ((Did all that get through?))
    [00:25] * Spheniscine nods
    [00:25] <Remus> ((Yep))
    [00:26] <DracoDM> Make a DC 15 heal check, and then your attack roll.
    [00:26] <DracoDM> dice 1d2
    [00:26] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 2; Total: 2.
    [00:27] <Pallas> dice 1d20
    [00:27] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 8; Total: 8.
    [00:27] <Pallas> 18
    [00:28] <Pallas> dice 1d20
    [00:28] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 10; Total: 10.
    [00:29] <DracoDM> Pallas notices which ooze is injured with her keen healers eye, and attempts to finish that one off.
    [00:29] <DracoDM> She hits.
    [00:30] <DracoDM> ((1d6+2 damage, or +3 instead of +2 if you cast *Shillelagh* on it.))
    [00:31] <Pallas> ((all right, I'll do so))
    [00:34] <Spheniscine> Hmm... does she have to roll the die?
    [00:34] <DracoDM> dice 1d6
    [00:34] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 6; Total: 6.
    [00:35] <DracoDM> ((That was my intention, but for the sake of speed, I just did it. Generally the players roll the dice for the things their characters do, and the GM rolls everything else. Saves are rolled by the target.
    [00:36] <DracoDM> ))
    [00:36] * Spheniscine nods
    [00:37] <DracoDM> The ooze is now DEAD.
    [00:37] <DracoDM> Ooze #1 attacks Sven
    [00:37] <Remus> ((incoming Clem))
    [00:37] <DracoDM> dice 1d20
    [00:37] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 20; Total: 20.
    [00:37] <Spheniscine> ((plays a funeral dirge OOC))
    [00:37] <DracoDM> That hits.
    [00:38] <DracoDM> Sven takes 1 point of bludgeoning, and 1 point of acid damage.
    [00:38] * dragonroo ([email protected]) has joined #DracoD&D
    [00:38] * dragonroo is now known as clemaxgra-pocketdragon
    [00:39] <DracoDM> dice 1d5
    [00:39] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 1; Total: 1.
    [00:40] <Spheniscine> d5... now that's not something you find everyday... X3
    [00:40] <Spheniscine> Hi there Clem. :3
    [00:42] <DracoDM> 1d20
    [00:42] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon ([email protected]) Quit ( Ping timeout: 121 seconds )
    [00:42] <DracoDM> dice 1d20
    [00:42] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 18; Total: 18.
    [00:42] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon ([email protected]) has joined #DracoD&D
    [00:43] <clemaxgra-pocketdragon> >.<
    [00:43] <Spheniscine> >.<
    [00:43] <DracoDM> Sven counterattacks.
    [00:43] <DracoDM> dice 1d20
    [00:43] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 10; Total: 10.
    [00:44] <DracoDM> And the 2 claws
    [00:44] <DracoDM> dice 2d20
    [00:44] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 2:10; Total: 12.
    [00:44] <DracoDM> Sven tears into the ooze in a very effective manner.
    [00:44] <DracoDM> dice 1d6
    [00:44] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 3; Total: 3.
    [00:44] <DracoDM> dice 2d4
    [00:44] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 4:1; Total: 5.
    [00:45] <DracoDM> 3+1, 4, and 1 damage respectively.
    [00:45] <DracoDM> 9 damage.
    [00:45] <DracoDM> It stops moving.
    [00:46] <DracoDM> A voice booms out from somewhere to the northwest: "Hey! You aren't allowed in here!"
    [00:47] <DracoDM> CLEMAXGRA: Your go.
    [00:49] * clemaxgra-pocketdragon ([email protected]) Quit ( Ping timeout: 121 seconds )
    [00:49] <Spheniscine> >.<
    [00:49] * clemaxgra-microdragon_ ([email protected]) has joined #DracoD&D
    [00:49] <Spheniscine> Looks like he's connection's iffy...
    [00:49] <DracoDM> ">.<" indeed...
    [00:50] <Spheniscine> Hi Clem, you OK?
    [00:50] * clemaxgra-microdragon_ aint disconnecting from any server but furrychapel apparently >.>
    [00:50] <DracoDM> CLEMAXGRA: Your go.
    [00:50] <Spheniscine> <.<
    [00:50] <clemaxgra-microdragon_> (to get things straight, is sven the good or bad guy?)
    [00:51] <DracoDM> ((Sven is a good guy.))
    [00:51] * clemaxgra-microdragon_ aint sure if any ooze is within his vision, or range >.<
    [00:53] <DracoDM> Clem can vaguely see 2 or three oozes chowing down on the fallen Pez-Ant who is responsible for this mess to the NE.
    [00:53] <DracoDM> And the screams of the crowd seem especially intense in that general direction as well.
    [00:54] * dragonroo ([email protected]) has joined #DracoD&D
    [00:54] <DracoDM> Clem can vaguely see 2 or three oozes chowing down on the fallen Pez-Ant who is responsible for this mess to the NE.
    [00:54] <DracoDM> And the screams of the crowd seem especially intense in that general direction as well.
    [00:55] <dragonroo> (wonders if oozes are solid, or jelly-like)
    [00:55] <DracoDM> ((More Jelly-like))
    [00:56] * clemaxgra-microdragon_ ([email protected]) Quit ( Ping timeout: 121 seconds )
    [00:56] <DracoDM> ((You bit one of them earlier in this session I think...))
    [00:58] <DracoDM> dice 1d4
    [00:58] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 4; Total: 4.
    [00:58] <DracoDM> You can use your breathweapon again the round after next.
    [00:59] * dragonroo goes for bite then, going for the nearest one instead of most seemingly dangerous one
    [00:59] <dragonroo> dice 1d6
    [00:59] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 3; Total: 3.
    [00:59] <dragonroo> 14
    [01:00] <DracoDM> Actually, you roll d20's for attacks.
    [01:00] <DracoDM> But we will use that as your damage roll.
    [01:01] <dragonroo> :o
    [01:01] <dragonroo> dice 1d20
    [01:01] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 5; Total: 5.
    [01:01] <DracoDM> dice 1d100
    [01:01] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 42; Total: 42.
    [01:01] <dragonroo> well >.>
    [01:01] <DracoDM> ((I keep forgetting about the 20% miss chance for concealment from the fog...))
    [01:02] <DracoDM> ((It doesn't effect the oozes though))
    [01:02] <DracoDM> dice 1d2
    [01:02] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 1; Total: 1.
    [01:02] * dragonroo thinks being a melee at this size should override though o-o, and since already bit earlier >.>
    [01:03] <DracoDM> Another ooze comes into Clem's square and starts devouring what Clem now knows to be a corpse.
    [01:04] <Spheniscine> ((i.e. our "friend" is dead))
    [01:04] <DracoDM> Ooze 7 makes a pathetic attempt to defend itself.
    [01:04] <DracoDM> dice 1d20
    [01:05] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 13; Total: 13.
    [01:05] <DracoDM> And misses Clem.
    [01:05] <DracoDM> SPHENISCINE: Your go.
    [01:05] <dragonroo> o-o
    [01:06] <Spheniscine> Hmm... if I use a raincloud, would any friendlies be in danger?
    [01:07] * DracoDM ([email protected]) Quit ( Bye bye: Foxnet Java portal - provided by Foxnet: http://foxnet.in God Bless! )
    [01:08] <dragonroo> >.>
    [01:08] <Remus> woops....
    [01:08] <Spheniscine> Darn.
    [01:08] <Remus> Time for our optional side quest again
    [01:08] <Spheniscine> lol
    [01:09] <Remus> dice 1d100
    [01:09] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 33; Total: 33.
    [01:09] * dragonroo wonders why ooze is supposed to be eaten but seems so dangerous
    [01:09] <Remus> dragonroo: they're normally cooked first :P
    [01:09] * dragonroo likes vore, remember? :P??
    [01:10] * FoxGuest80 ([email protected]) has joined #DracoD&D
    [01:10] * FoxGuest80 is now known as DracoGM
    [01:11] <DracoGM> ((Sorry, I hit the back button in the browser by mistake. Last thing I saw was me telling Sphen it was his turn.))
    [01:11] <dragonroo> (hmm.. so if i use fire on them enough, they become edible?)
    [01:11] <DracoGM> Sphen now has an ooze in his square BTW.
    [01:11] <DracoGM> ((They are technically edible raw. A bit like Sushi as far as health concerns go that way...))
    [01:12] <dragonroo> (so... nom?? XD))
    [01:13] <DracoGM> ((Yes, you have been.))
    [01:13] <DracoGM> ((What did I miss, if anything I haven't been caught up on?))
    [01:13] <dragonroo> (*pokes sphen with a stick*)
    [01:13] <DracoGM> SPHENISCINE: Your Go.
    [01:14] <Spheniscine> OK.
    [01:14] <Spheniscine> Sorry.
    [01:15] <Spheniscine> If I use a raincloud, would any friendlies be in danger?
    [01:16] <DracoGM> You would have to be careful with your aim if there were any friendlies in the square, that gives a -4 to hit, unless you have the Precise Shot feat.
    [01:16] <Spheniscine> Well... are there any friendlies?
    [01:16] <DracoGM> But there isn't any danger of actually hitting a friendly with that.
    [01:17] <Spheniscine> Hm. OK, I use it then.
    [01:17] <DracoGM> Generally, yes, I could check the map.
    [01:18] <dragonroo> (erm.. since in fog, isnt sphen UNABLE to detect allies and have to risk it anyways?? >.>))
    [01:18] <Spheniscine> lol
    [01:18] <DracoGM> Where are you directing it? At the one that just entered your square, the one Clem is fighting, the one that is attacking a gnome to the north of you, or the undamaged one eating the dead Pez-Ant?
    [01:18] <Spheniscine> The one that entered my square.
    [01:19] <Spheniscine> My main concern was the Pez-Ant... but since he's kicked the bucket...
    [01:19] <DracoGM> Roll your attack, and change the R to an E for that maneuver.
    [01:19] <Spheniscine> dice 1d20
    [01:19] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 5; Total: 5.
    [01:20] <Spheniscine> ((what's R and E?))
    [01:20] <DracoGM> ((Readied and Expended))
    [01:20] <Spheniscine> Oh.
    [01:20] <DracoGM> ((Aaaand I managed to misremember how that maneuver works...))
    [01:20] <DracoGM> ((You don't roll to hit...))
    [01:21] <Spheniscine> Roll for damage, right.
    [01:21] <DracoGM> roll 1d20
    [01:21] <Spheniscine> dice 3d6
    [01:21] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 5:1:3; Total: 9.
    [01:21] <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [01:21] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 15; Total: 15.
    [01:21] <DracoGM> It manages to avoid the worst of it.
    [01:22] <DracoGM> #9 chows down.
    [01:22] <DracoGM> ((Oops, that already happened...))
    [01:23] * dragonroo notices the ironi from last game, that pez-ant sounds like peasant >.>
    [01:23] <Spheniscine> It's supposed to... lol
    [01:23] <Remus> ((heheh...))
    [01:24] <DracoGM> ((Yes, completely intentional))
    [01:24] * Spheniscine thinks he's scuppered up his charsheet...
    [01:24] <DracoGM> ((What ISN'T intentional is that I skipped Remus, who gets to place his eagle on the board, and then do other things.))
    [01:24] <Spheniscine> Oops.
    [01:25] <DracoGM> ((Where are you putting it Remus?))
    [01:25] <Spheniscine> I did think something was off...
    [01:25] <DracoGM> And also (just in case...)
    [01:25] <DracoGM> REMUS: Your Go.
    [01:25] <DracoGM> MEanwhile #11 takes a swing at Spheniscine.
    [01:26] <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [01:26] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 14; Total: 14.
    [01:26] <DracoGM> #11 misses.
    [01:26] <Remus> Placing it where i am, and directing it to attack the ooze that followed me
    [01:26] <Spheniscine> ((Why is my character removed from the campaign list in TangledWeb?))
    [01:26] <DracoGM> Ok, it will do so, now you still have a full rounds worth of actions for this turn.
    [01:27] <Spheniscine> ((Tried "joining" the campaign, didn't work))
    [01:29] <DracoGM> ((Sphen: No idea, was on there the last I checked...))
    [01:29] <Spheniscine> ((I dunno... think it happened when I claimed the character from you))
    [01:30] <DracoGM> ((Very odd...))
    [01:31] <Remus> ((Are the oozes resistant to fire?))
    [01:31] <DracoGM> ((Not that you know of.))
    [01:31] <DracoGM> 2 Eagle Talons
    [01:31] <DracoGM> dice 2d20
    [01:31] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 6:7; Total: 13.
    [01:32] <DracoGM> ((2 misses))
    [01:32] <DracoGM> 1 beak.
    [01:32] <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [01:32] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 18; Total: 18.
    [01:32] <DracoGM> dice 1d4
    [01:32] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 2; Total: 2.
    [01:33] <DracoGM> 2 damage to #11
    [01:34] <DracoGM> ((Still your go Remus, I am just saving time here.))
    [01:36] <Remus> Burning Hands, directed at nearest ooze
    [01:36] <DracoGM> Ooze's reflex save
    [01:37] <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [01:37] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 14; Total: 14.
    [01:37] <DracoGM> You 5' step in some direction first (your good options are South, East, and SE)
    [01:38] <Remus> East
    [01:39] <DracoGM> Roll your damage, it will take half since it actually made the reflex save.
    [01:40] <Remus> ((Caster level = ...?))
    [01:41] <DracoGM> ((That equals your level in Wizard plus any oddball bonuses (which you have none of right now). In this case 3.))
    [01:41] <Remus> dice 3d4
    [01:41] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 4:2:1; Total: 7.
    [01:42] <DracoGM> ((Basically ones level in the class you are using to cast it, except for Rangers, Paladins, and maybe Bards, who get half that.))
    [01:42] <DracoGM> dice 1d2
    [01:42] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 2; Total: 2.
    [01:43] <DracoGM> It elects to follow you.
    [01:43] <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [01:43] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 18; Total: 18.
    [01:43] <DracoGM> Remus takes 1 point of bludgeoning and 1 point of acid damage.
    [01:44] <DracoGM> And there is a very large scorch mark on the floor.
    [01:45] <DracoGM> In fact, you COULD have also hit another of the oozes, but we will say for the sake of simplicity that you were avoiding the innocents near it.
    [01:46] * DracoGM is doing things with geometry that the makers of D&D did not take into consideration.
    [01:46] <Spheniscine> X3
    [01:46] <DracoGM> An ooze to Remus's north attacks a patron.
    [01:47] <DracoGM> ((Not going to roll for it, just saying...
    [01:47] <DracoGM> PALLAS: Your go.
    [01:48] <DracoGM> ((The eagle has resistance to acid 5, which in this case might as well be total immunity.))
    [01:50] <Pallas> ((Are there any nearby oozes?))
    [01:51] <DracoGM> ((Yes, one to your south alone in the square, one to your north, attacking Spheniscine.))
    [01:52] <Pallas> ((I'll head toward the one attacking Sphen and attack it whilst casting Shillelagh))
    [01:52] <DracoGM> ((Don
    [01:52] <Pallas> ((Do I need to cast the same 3 D20s?))
    [01:52] <DracoGM> 't think you can attack and cast in the same round...))
    [01:53] <Pallas> ((I did last round))
    [01:54] <Pallas> ((Regardless, I'll head toward Sphen and cast Shillelagh in preparation of my attack then))
    [01:54] <Pallas> dice 1d6
    [01:54] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 6; Total: 6.
    [01:54] <DracoGM> ((You are already within attacking range of that square, so you don't have to move.))
    [01:54] <DracoGM> ((and my mistake about last round if you cast.))
    [01:54] <DracoGM> ((No attacks... you just cast.))
    [01:55] <DracoGM> ((You could also move, which actually you should do...))
    [01:55] <DracoGM> ((Now that I think of it.))
    [01:56] <DracoGM> Pallas 5 foot steps eat to get out of Sven's way and casts Shillelagh.
    [01:56] <Pallas> ((Yes, that's pretty much what I was gonna do but you typed faster than me
    [01:57] <DracoGM> The panicking crowd is a few feet to your west (a line, not a clump).
    [01:58] <Pallas> ((Okay, I already rolled, anything else?))
    [01:58] <DracoGM> It is now Sven
    [01:58] <DracoGM> 's turn.
    [01:59] <Remus> ((brb))
    [01:59] <DracoGM> Sven 5 foot steps northeast and attacks #11 which is fighting with Spheniscine.
    [01:59] <DracoGM> Bite
    [01:59] <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [01:59] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 8; Total: 8.
    [01:59] <DracoGM> Hit
    [01:59] <DracoGM> 2 claws
    [01:59] <DracoGM> dice 2d20
    [01:59] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 4:16; Total: 20.
    [01:59] <DracoGM> miss and a hit.
    [02:00] <DracoGM> dice 1d6
    [02:00] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 6; Total: 6.
    [02:01] <DracoGM> Sven bites the ooze bothering spheniscine hard and it stops moving.
    [02:01] <DracoGM> He turns and claws #4 to his southeast for...
    [02:01] <DracoGM> dice 1d4
    [02:01] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 4; Total: 4.
    [02:01] <DracoGM> 4 damage
    [02:02] <DracoGM> Oops...
    [02:02] <DracoGM> dice 1d100
    [02:02] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 56; Total: 56.
    [02:02] <DracoGM> Yeah, OK.
    [02:03] <DracoGM> And actually he DIDN'T 5 foot step before he started.
    [02:03] <DracoGM> CLEMAXGRA / DRAGONROO : Your go.
    [02:06] <DracoGM> The obvious choice is to attack #13
    [02:07] <DracoGM> We are getting low on time so I am going to expedite things...
    [02:07] * dragonroo wonders how the ooze that he was attacking earlier is doing
    [02:07] <Remus> ((back))
    [02:07] <DracoGM> Watch carefully, because some of you I am going to ask what you are doing if it isn't immediately obvious to me what the logical thing to do is.
    [02:07] <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [02:07] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 19; Total: 19.
    [02:07] <DracoGM> dice 1d6
    [02:07] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 6; Total: 6.
    [02:08] * dragonroo normally goes for weakening first before doing multiple kills at once :P
    [02:08] <DracoGM> Clem noms #7 for 6 damage.
    [02:08] * Pallas is tired
    [02:09] <DracoGM> Pallas: I can assume you just do Shillelagh/Claw/Bite attack routines on whichever ooze seems appropriate form now on if you need to leave?
    [02:10] <Pallas> ok
    [02:10] <Pallas> night
    [02:10] <DracoGM> Night Pallas
    [02:10] * Pallas ([email protected]) Quit ( Bye bye: Christian Furry Fellowship Java portal - provided by Foxnet: http://foxnet.in God Bless! )
    [02:11] <DracoGM> REMUS: Your Go.
    [02:11] <DracoGM> The eagle claw/claw/bites on #5, then 5' stepping to attack #4 if #5 drops.
    [02:11] <DracoGM> Dice 2d20
    [02:11] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 18:8; Total: 26.
    [02:12] <DracoGM> One claw hits
    [02:12] <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [02:12] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 7; Total: 7.
    [02:12] <DracoGM> Bite misses.
    [02:12] <DracoGM> dice 1d4
    [02:12] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 3; Total: 3.
    [02:13] <DracoGM> Remus: The ooze at your feet is looking in very bad shape, but is still moving after the eagle's attack.
    [02:13] <DracoGM> Pallas and the Eagle are both on the ground now BTW.
    [02:14] <Remus> ((Are they immune to acid damage?))
    [02:15] <DracoGM> ((
    [02:15] <DracoGM> Not that you know of))
    [02:16] <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [02:16] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 13; Total: 13.
    [02:16] <DracoGM> In fact you are pretty sure they aren't.
    [02:16] <DracoGM> ((That was a Knowledge(The Planes) roll.))
    [02:17] <Remus> i'll cast acid splash at ooze #4
    [02:17] <DracoGM> ((So the one that ISN'T in your square and almost dead?))
    [02:17] <Remus> (yes)
    [02:18] <DracoGM> ((Ok, seems a bit odd to me, but sure.))
    [02:19] <DracoGM> You 5' step northeast and do so.
    [02:19] <Remus> dice 1d20
    [02:19] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 17; Total: 17.
    [02:19] <DracoGM> dice 1d100
    [02:19] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 56; Total: 56.
    [02:19] <DracoGM> Hit.
    [02:19] <DracoGM> ((Err... 5' step NORTH))
    [02:19] <DracoGM> dice 1d3
    [02:19] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 2; Total: 2.
    [02:19] <DracoGM> 2 damage
    [02:21] <DracoGM> dice 1d2
    [02:21] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 1; Total: 1.
    [02:21] <DracoGM> #9 continues to chow down on your fallen foe.
    [02:21] <Remus> ((Do any of us know that?))
    [02:21] * dragonroo thinks he does
    [02:22] <DracoGM> SPHENISCINE: Your go.
    [02:22] <DracoGM> ((Yeah, Spheniscine can see #9.))
    [02:22] <DracoGM> ((As can Clem, and both know the Pez-Ant is dead.))
    [02:23] <Spheniscine> I think I'll use the giant mallet again.
    [02:23] <dragonroo> o.o?
    [02:23] <Spheniscine> X3
    [02:24] <DracoGM> On which one? The one eating the Pez-Ant corpse, or one of the ones attacking the patrons who are pressed up against the bar to your north?
    [02:25] <Spheniscine> Hmm... I think I'll help the patrons.
    [02:25] <DracoGM> If to the north, are you going to go to where the chairs will make it harder for you to dodge (no dex to AC, and maybe no Wis either) but which is only close to one of them, or where you will be close to two>?
    [02:26] <DracoGM> In any case, rolling your attack.
    [02:26] <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [02:26] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 6; Total: 6.
    [02:26] <DracoGM> dice 1d6
    [02:26] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 4; Total: 4.
    [02:26] <DracoGM> You hit #16 for 4 damage.
    [02:26] <Spheniscine> I think close to one.
    [02:27] <DracoGM> dice 1d2
    [02:27] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 2; Total: 2.
    [02:27] <DracoGM> #5 goes after Remus
    [02:27] <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [02:27] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 20; Total: 20.
    [02:27] <DracoGM> Critical threat... rolling to confirm critical.
    [02:27] <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [02:27] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 7; Total: 7.
    [02:28] <DracoGM> No critical.
    [02:28] <DracoGM> 1 bludgeoning, 1 acid.
    [02:28] <DracoGM> Remus has now taken a total of 4 points of damage over the course of this fight.
    [02:29] <DracoGM> 1d4
    [02:29] <DracoGM> dice







    <DracoGM> ((Sorry, I hit the back button in the browser by mistake. Last thing I saw was me telling Sphen it was his turn.))
    <dragonroo> (hmm.. so if i use fire on them enough, they become edible?)
    <DracoGM> Sphen now has an ooze in his square BTW.
    <DracoGM> ((They are technically edible raw. A bit like Sushi as far as health concerns go that way...))
    <dragonroo> (so... nom?? XD))
    <DracoGM> ((Yes, you have been.))
    <DracoGM> ((What did I miss, if anything I haven't been caught up on?))
    <dragonroo> (*pokes sphen with a stick*)
    <DracoGM> SPHENISCINE: Your Go.
    <Spheniscine> OK.
    <Spheniscine> Sorry.
    <Spheniscine> If I use a raincloud, would any friendlies be in danger?
    <DracoGM> You would have to be careful with your aim if there were any friendlies in the square, that gives a -4 to hit, unless you have the Precise Shot feat.
    <Spheniscine> Well... are there any friendlies?
    <DracoGM> But there isn't any danger of actually hitting a friendly with that.
    <Spheniscine> Hm. OK, I use it then.
    <DracoGM> Generally, yes, I could check the map.
    <dragonroo> (erm.. since in fog, isnt sphen UNABLE to detect allies and have to risk it anyways?? >.>))
    <Spheniscine> lol
    <DracoGM> Where are you directing it? At the one that just entered your square, the one Clem is fighting, the one that is attacking a gnome to the north of you, or the undamaged one eating the dead Pez-Ant?
    <Spheniscine> The one that entered my square.
    <Spheniscine> My main concern was the Pez-Ant... but since he's kicked the bucket...
    <DracoGM> Roll your attack, and change the R to an E for that maneuver.
    <Spheniscine> dice 1d20
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 5; Total: 5.
    <Spheniscine> ((what's R and E?))
    <DracoGM> ((Readied and Expended))
    <Spheniscine> Oh.
    <DracoGM> ((Aaaand I managed to misremember how that maneuver works...))
    <DracoGM> ((You don't roll to hit...))
    <Spheniscine> Roll for damage, right.
    <DracoGM> roll 1d20
    <Spheniscine> dice 3d6
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 5:1:3; Total: 9.
    <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 15; Total: 15.
    <DracoGM> It manages to avoid the worst of it.
    <DracoGM> #9 chows down.
    <DracoGM> ((Oops, that already happened...))
    * dragonroo notices the ironi from last game, that pez-ant sounds like peasant >.>
    <Spheniscine> It's supposed to... lol
    <Remus> ((heheh...))
    <DracoGM> ((Yes, completely intentional))
    * Spheniscine thinks he's scuppered up his charsheet...
    <DracoGM> ((What ISN'T intentional is that I skipped Remus, who gets to place his eagle on the board, and then do other things.))
    <Spheniscine> Oops.
    <DracoGM> ((Where are you putting it Remus?))
    <Spheniscine> I did think something was off...
    <DracoGM> And also (just in case...)
    <DracoGM> REMUS: Your Go.
    <DracoGM> MEanwhile #11 takes a swing at Spheniscine.
    <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 14; Total: 14.
    <DracoGM> #11 misses.
    <Remus> Placing it where i am, and directing it to attack the ooze that followed me
    <Spheniscine> ((Why is my character removed from the campaign list in TangledWeb?))
    <DracoGM> Ok, it will do so, now you still have a full rounds worth of actions for this turn.
    <Spheniscine> ((Tried "joining" the campaign, didn't work))
    <DracoGM> ((Sphen: No idea, was on there the last I checked...))
    <Spheniscine> ((I dunno... think it happened when I claimed the character from you))
    <DracoGM> ((Very odd...))
    <Remus> ((Are the oozes resistant to fire?))
    <DracoGM> ((Not that you know of.))
    <DracoGM> 2 Eagle Talons
    <DracoGM> dice 2d20
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 6:7; Total: 13.
    <DracoGM> ((2 misses))
    <DracoGM> 1 beak.
    <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 18; Total: 18.
    <DracoGM> dice 1d4
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 2; Total: 2.
    <DracoGM> 2 damage to #11
    <DracoGM> ((Still your go Remus, I am just saving time here.))
    <Remus> Burning Hands, directed at nearest ooze
    <DracoGM> Ooze's reflex save
    <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 14; Total: 14.
    <DracoGM> You 5' step in some direction first (your good options are South, East, and SE)
    <Remus> East
    <DracoGM> Roll your damage, it will take half since it actually made the reflex save.
    <Remus> ((Caster level = ...?))
    <DracoGM> ((That equals your level in Wizard plus any oddball bonuses (which you have none of right now). In this case 3.))
    <Remus> dice 3d4
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 4:2:1; Total: 7.
    <DracoGM> ((Basically ones level in the class you are using to cast it, except for Rangers, Paladins, and maybe Bards, who get half that.))
    <DracoGM> dice 1d2
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 2; Total: 2.
    <DracoGM> It elects to follow you.
    <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 18; Total: 18.
    <DracoGM> Remus takes 1 point of bludgeoning and 1 point of acid damage.
    <DracoGM> And there is a very large scorch mark on the floor.
    <DracoGM> In fact, you COULD have also hit another of the oozes, but we will say for the sake of simplicity that you were avoiding the innocents near it.
    * DracoGM is doing things with geometry that the makers of D&D did not take into consideration.
    <Spheniscine> X3
    <DracoGM> An ooze to Remus's north attacks a patron.
    <DracoGM> ((Not going to roll for it, just saying...
    <DracoGM> PALLAS: Your go.
    <DracoGM> ((The eagle has resistance to acid 5, which in this case might as well be total immunity.))
    <Pallas> ((Are there any nearby oozes?))
    <DracoGM> ((Yes, one to your south alone in the square, one to your north, attacking Spheniscine.))
    <Pallas> ((I'll head toward the one attacking Sphen and attack it whilst casting Shillelagh))
    <DracoGM> ((Don
    <Pallas> ((Do I need to cast the same 3 D20s?))
    <DracoGM> 't think you can attack and cast in the same round...))
    <Pallas> ((I did last round))
    <Pallas> ((Regardless, I'll head toward Sphen and cast Shillelagh in preparation of my attack then))
    <Pallas> dice 1d6
    <DracoGM> ((You are already within attacking range of that square, so you don't have to move.))
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 6; Total: 6.
    <DracoGM> ((and my mistake about last round if you cast.))
    <DracoGM> ((No attacks... you just cast.))
    <DracoGM> ((You could also move, which actually you should do...))
    <DracoGM> ((Now that I think of it.))
    <DracoGM> Pallas 5 foot steps eat to get out of Sven's way and casts Shillelagh.
    <Pallas> ((Yes, that's pretty much what I was gonna do but you typed faster than me
    <DracoGM> The panicking crowd is a few feet to your west (a line, not a clump).
    <Pallas> ((Okay, I already rolled, anything else?))
    <DracoGM> It is now Sven
    <DracoGM> 's turn.
    <Remus> ((brb))
    <DracoGM> Sven 5 foot steps northeast and attacks #11 which is fighting with Spheniscine.
    <DracoGM> Bite
    <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 8; Total: 8.
    <DracoGM> Hit
    <DracoGM> 2 claws
    <DracoGM> dice 2d20
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 4:16; Total: 20.
    <DracoGM> miss and a hit.
    <DracoGM> dice 1d6
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 6; Total: 6.
    <DracoGM> Sven bites the ooze bothering spheniscine hard and it stops moving.
    <DracoGM> He turns and claws #4 to his southeast for...
    <DracoGM> dice 1d4
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 4; Total: 4.
    <DracoGM> 4 damage
    <DracoGM> Oops...
    <DracoGM> dice 1d100
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 56; Total: 56.
    <DracoGM> Yeah, OK.
    <DracoGM> And actually he DIDN'T 5 foot step before he started.
    <DracoGM> CLEMAXGRA / DRAGONROO : Your go.
    <DracoGM> The obvious choice is to attack #13
    <DracoGM> We are getting low on time so I am going to expedite things...
    * dragonroo wonders how the ooze that he was attacking earlier is doing
    <Remus> ((back))
    <DracoGM> Watch carefully, because some of you I am going to ask what you are doing if it isn't immediately obvious to me what the logical thing to do is.
    <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 19; Total: 19.
    <DracoGM> dice 1d6
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 6; Total: 6.
    <DracoGM> Clem noms #7 for 6 damage.
    * dragonroo normally goes for weakening first before doing multiple kills at once :P
    * Pallas is tired
    <DracoGM> Pallas: I can assume you just do Shillelagh/Claw/Bite attack routines on whichever ooze seems appropriate form now on if you need to leave?
    <Pallas> ok
    <Pallas> night
    <DracoGM> Night Pallas
    *** Pallas has quit (Bye bye: Christian Furry Fellowship Java portal - provided by Foxnet: http://foxnet.in God Bless!)
    <DracoGM> REMUS: Your Go.
    <DracoGM> The eagle claw/claw/bites on #5, then 5' stepping to attack #4 if #5 drops.
    <DracoGM> Dice 2d20
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 18:8; Total: 26.
    <DracoGM> One claw hits
    <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 7; Total: 7.
    <DracoGM> Bite misses.
    <DracoGM> dice 1d4
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 3; Total: 3.
    <DracoGM> Remus: The ooze at your feet is looking in very bad shape, but is still moving after the eagle's attack.
    <DracoGM> Pallas and the Eagle are both on the ground now BTW.
    <Remus> ((Are they immune to acid damage?))
    <DracoGM> ((
    <DracoGM> Not that you know of))
    <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 13; Total: 13.
    <DracoGM> In fact you are pretty sure they aren't.
    <DracoGM> ((That was a Knowledge(The Planes) roll.))
    <Remus> i'll cast acid splash at ooze #4
    <DracoGM> ((So the one that ISN'T in your square and almost dead?))
    <Remus> (yes)
    <DracoGM> ((Ok, seems a bit odd to me, but sure.))
    <DracoGM> You 5' step northeast and do so.
    <Remus> dice 1d20
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 17; Total: 17.
    <DracoGM> dice 1d100
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 56; Total: 56.
    <DracoGM> Hit.
    <DracoGM> ((Err... 5' step NORTH))
    <DracoGM> dice 1d3
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 2; Total: 2.
    <DracoGM> 2 damage
    <DracoGM> dice 1d2
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 1; Total: 1.
    <DracoGM> #9 continues to chow down on your fallen foe.
    <Remus> ((Do any of us know that?))
    * dragonroo thinks he does
    <DracoGM> SPHENISCINE: Your go.
    <DracoGM> ((Yeah, Spheniscine can see #9.))
    <DracoGM> ((As can Clem, and both know the Pez-Ant is dead.))
    <Spheniscine> I think I'll use the giant mallet again.
    <dragonroo> o.o?
    <Spheniscine> X3
    <DracoGM> On which one? The one eating the Pez-Ant corpse, or one of the ones attacking the patrons who are pressed up against the bar to your north?
    <Spheniscine> Hmm... I think I'll help the patrons.
    <DracoGM> If to the north, are you going to go to where the chairs will make it harder for you to dodge (no dex to AC, and maybe no Wis either) but which is only close to one of them, or where you will be close to two>?
    <DracoGM> In any case, rolling your attack.
    <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 6; Total: 6.
    <DracoGM> dice 1d6
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 4; Total: 4.
    <DracoGM> You hit #16 for 4 damage.
    <Spheniscine> I think close to one.
    <DracoGM> dice 1d2
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 2; Total: 2.
    <DracoGM> #5 goes after Remus
    <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 20; Total: 20.
    <DracoGM> Critical threat... rolling to confirm critical.
    <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 7; Total: 7.
    <DracoGM> No critical.
    <DracoGM> 1 bludgeoning, 1 acid.
    <DracoGM> Remus has now taken a total of 4 points of damage over the course of this fight.
    <DracoGM> 1d4
    <DracoGM> dice 1d4
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 2; Total: 2.
    <DracoGM> #4 crawls under table in persuit of the fleeing staff and customers.
    <DracoGM> ((Make that #14, #4 is over by Pallas))
    <Remus> ((wasn't #4 the one by me?))
    <DracoGM> ((Eh, whichever... so yeah, #4 was near you))
    <DracoGM> Pallas attacks #14
    <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 6; Total: 6.
    <DracoGM> Misses with the Shillelagh
    <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 4; Total: 4.
    <DracoGM> And her claw attack
    <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 13; Total: 13.
    <DracoGM> Bit hits thought.
    <DracoGM> *though
    <DracoGM> ((People should speak up if they need to leave and then wait for me to acknowledge etc.))
    <DracoGM> dice 1d6
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 3; Total: 3.
    <DracoGM> #14 takes 4 points of damage (3 rolled, and 1 for 1/2 strength modifier since it is a secondary attack)
    <DracoGM> dice 1d2
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 1; Total: 1.
    <DracoGM> Sven goes after #14
    <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 2; Total: 2.
    <DracoGM> dice 2d20
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 10:12; Total: 22.
    <DracoGM> Misses with the bite, hits with both claws.
    <DracoGM> dice 2d4
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 3:3; Total: 6.
    <DracoGM> First one drops it, second deals 3 damage to #9
    <DracoGM> Clem attacks #9
    <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 9; Total: 9.
    <DracoGM> dice 1d6
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 5; Total: 5.
    <DracoGM> #9 is almost dead.
    <DracoGM> #13 noms on corpse.
    <DracoGM> REMUS: Your go.
    <DracoGM> Eagle attacks #5
    <DracoGM> dice 2d20
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 7:12; Total: 19.
    <DracoGM> And the bite
    <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 6; Total: 6.
    <DracoGM> Only the second talon hit.
    <DracoGM> dice 1d4
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 3; Total: 3.
    <DracoGM> But it is enough.
    * Remus moves to the northeast
    <DracoGM> Ok, you have ooze 4 in sight now, what are you going to do?
    <Remus> dice 1d3
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 1; Total: 1.
    <DracoGM> Your good offensive options are down to Summon Monster I, Summon Monster 2, Scorching Ray, and your staff.
    <Remus> Scorching Ray on the ooze
    * dragonroo goes to bed since he cant undertand much of whats going on anymore.. is 3am here >.<
    <Remus> ((Night dragonroo))
    <DracoGM> ((Good Night Dragonroo))
    <dragonroo> (nini )
    <Spheniscine> ((Yeah, I vote to end too. My computer's rebelling...))
    *** dragonroo has quit (Bye bye: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client God Bless!)
    <DracoGM> ((You can leave, but I am going to do as much as I can, and will post it on GitP.))
    <Spheniscine> ((I thought you didn't have logs?))
    <DracoGM> ((I just figured out a way to start logging now...))
    <Spheniscine> ((Ah.))
    <Spheniscine> Gotta go now. Bye. :3
    *** Spheniscine has quit (Bye bye: Relax, its only ONES and ZEROS! God Bless!)
    <Remus> dice 1d20
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 18; Total: 18.
    <Remus> dice 4d6
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 2:5:2:3; Total: 12.
    <DracoGM> dice 1d100
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 31; Total: 31.
    <DracoGM> #4 is Dead.
    <Remus> ((Can we end here for today?))
    <DracoGM> ((Are you the one logging for me? If so I would appreciate it if you idle here a bit longer until I can get back to your turn, and end the session right before you act.))
    <DracoGM> ((Basically, if you are the one logging please stay in here, but you don't have to pay attention.))
    <Remus> ((That was Spheniscine))
    <DracoGM> ((Ok, you can go then, and I will just do the cut-paste manually... still going to need Spheniscine's part though eventually... you can go, but make sure to read the logs because I am going to keep going for a bit.))
    <Remus> ((ok))
    *** Remus has left #DracoD&D
    <DracoGM> ((Note to readers of log: Basically combat over IRC is VERY time consuming, so anything I can do to short-cut the obvious parts is good.))
    <DracoGM> dice 1d2
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 2; Total: 2.
    <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 14; Total: 14.
    <DracoGM> #9 attacks Clem but misses.
    <DracoGM> Spheniscine moves 5' north (not a 5' step since he can't do that with the chairs in the way) and attacks #16 again.
    <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 8; Total: 8.
    <DracoGM> He misses.
    <DracoGM> Pallas flaps to a point 20' north and 10' east and attacks from the air.
    <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 2; Total: 2.
    <DracoGM> Misses.
    <DracoGM> #16 takes a swipe at Spheniscine.
    <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 9; Total: 9.
    <DracoGM> Misses.
    <DracoGM> clem attacks #9
    <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 5; Total: 5.
    <DracoGM> Hit.
    <DracoGM> Dice 1d6
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 2; Total: 2.
    <DracoGM> Clem could have used his breath-weapon, but it didn
    <DracoGM> 't seem worth it to him.
    <DracoGM> Aaaand I got that out of order... not that it really matters...
    <DracoGM> Sven moves to Pallas's left and attacks once.
    <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 3; Total: 3.
    <DracoGM> Misses! (lot of that going around lately...)
    <DracoGM> dice 1d6
    <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 5; Total: 5.
    <DracoGM> Ok, so next week we will start with Remus and his celestial eagle's turns.
    <DracoGM> ----------------End Session-------------------------
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2009-11-30 at 02:28 AM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DracoDei's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Atlanta,GA USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (3.5) Elemental Plane of Candy/Candy Land play-test data.

    Misc. Useful links:
    Candy Oozes
    Eagle
    Celestial Creature


    Pallas's spells known prepared:
    (level 1) Goodberry

    Pallas's spells slots remaining to retroactively prepare:
    4 level 0 slots
    3 level 1 slots


    Pallas's spells cast:
    Obscuring Mist
    Shillelagh


    Current initiative order and damage taken:
    #20, #19, #18
    Sven(-2 hp)
    #17, #16 (-4 hp), #15
    Clemaxgra (BW is ready for use)
    #13, #12
    Summoned Celestial Eagle
    Remus (-4 hp)
    ((Direlda if and when he can make it to a session during this combat will act here))
    Spheniscine
    Pallas (w/ Shillelagh active)



    Most relevant portion of tactical map at the end of session 4. (I got East and West confused on the last map for the markings about table portions, and maybe the tank too...), Top of map is juice-bar with bar-stools in front of it, right edge as you look at the map is the east wall of the place, with a door to the stairs up in the second section from the top:
    ((Should be accurate now, but PLEASE tell me if you see any errors.))
    Tables are all surrounded by chairs in same squares.
    Ooze three has taken 3 points of damage.
    NE =North-East
    NW =North-West
    SE = South-East
    SW = South-West
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2009-11-27 at 07:47 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DracoDei's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Atlanta,GA USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (3.5) Elemental Plane of Candy/Candy Land play-test data.

    [10:45] DracoDei: ---------------------------Session Start--------------------------------------------
    [10:45] Direlda: .;
    [10:45] DracoDei: Remus AND Eagle!
    [10:46] * Remus nods
    [10:46] Pallas: ((Neither Sphen nor Clem are on Skype if that helps))
    [10:46] DracoDei: ((OK))
    [10:49] DracoDei: ((What are you waiting for?))
    [10:49] * Remus calls the Eagle to follow him and moves north, casting Summon Monster I (brb)
    [10:52] * DracoDei considers how to interprit that since casting that spell laps over into the next turn.
    [10:53] Remus: (back)
    [10:53] DracoDei: Remus moves56 feet north, but has an "Ack!" moment when he comes out of the fog.
    [10:53] DracoDei: ((unless you tell me you want to change that very soon.))
    [10:54] DracoDei: Anyway, that will use up... Hmmm.... a move action next turn.
    [10:54] DracoDei: And the summoned creature(s) will also be down a move action for that turn.
    [10:54] *** You have been disconnected. Fri Dec 11 10:54:58 2009.
    [10:55] *** You have been disconnected. Fri Dec 11 10:55:19 2009.
    [10:56] *** Automatically rejoining channel...
    [10:56] *** DracoDei_ has joined #DracoD&D.
    [10:56] *** Initial topic: Remus(and Eagle) Direlda Spheniscine Pallas 20-18 .Sven 17-15 Clem 13 12
    [10:56] *** #DracoD&D: Pallas @DracoDei Remus Direlda Alopex DracoDei_
    [10:57] DracoDei: The Eagle provokes attacks of opportunity from Cherry Candys 18 and 15. Both miss.
    [10:57] DracoDei: To repeat what you MIGHT have missed...
    [10:57] DracoDei: [10:53] DracoDei: Remus moves56 feet north, but has an "Ack!" moment when he comes out of the fog.
    [10:53] DracoDei: ((unless you tell me you want to change that very soon.))
    [10:54] DracoDei: Anyway, that will use up... Hmmm.... a move action next turn.
    [10:54] DracoDei: And the summoned creature(s) will also be down a move action for that turn.
    [10:58] DracoDei: The eagle attacks #15 with a Talon. It is a hit.
    [10:58] DracoDei: 4 points of damage
    [10:59] DracoDei: Spheniscine's turn.
    [11:01] DracoDei: Since he isn't here I will have him use his maul on #16 with the maneuver Stone Bones.
    [11:01] *** You're not a channel operator!
    [11:02] Remus: (brb)
    [11:02] DracoDei: Spheniscine misses (I am rolling physical dice this time around BTW).
    [11:02] *** Romulus has joined #DracoD&D.
    [11:03] *** Remus has signed off IRC (Client closed the connection).
    [11:03] *** Romulus is now known as Remus.
    [11:03] DracoDei: He moves 5' north.
    [11:03] DracoDei: PALLAS!
    [11:04] * Pallas swings the Shillelagh at the ooze again
    [11:04] * DracoDei rolls for that.... but I am going to assume you are doing a full-attack.
    [11:05] Pallas: having trouble with the chat interface
    [11:05] DracoDei: ((Ask about it in #CFF please, I have enough on my plate that I don't want to worry about that if possible.)
    [11:06] DracoDei: Shillelagh hits, claw misses.
    [11:06] Pallas: ((Just telling you))
    [11:07] DracoDei: Bite misses.
    [11:07] DracoDei: Err...
    [11:07] DracoDei: Bite hits.
    [11:08] DracoDei: #19 stops moving.
    [11:09] DracoDei: 18 attacks one of the patrons...
    [11:10] DracoDei: but misses.
    [11:10] DracoDei: Sven's go.
    [11:11] DracoDei: Hits with all three attacks.
    [11:13] DracoDei: Ooze #17 is now in very bad condition.
    [11:14] DracoDei: It returns the attack (miss).
    [11:14] DracoDei: 16 goes after Spheniscine (miss).
    [11:15] DracoDei: 15 attacks the Eagle. Hit for 2 damage.
    [11:17] DracoDei: Clemnaxgra breath-weapons 13 and kills it.
    [11:17] DracoDei: (or at least a KO)
    [11:18] DracoDei: #12 attacks a bystander and misses.
    [11:19] DracoDei: Which puts it back to Remus (how many rounds has the Eagle been around?)
    [11:19] Remus: 3, i think?
    [11:19] DracoDei: REMUS & EAGLE!
    [11:20] Direlda: ((and what about me?))
    [11:20] DracoDei: ((Ok, that means it vanishes at the end of this round since that spell lasts one round per caster level))
    [11:20] DracoDei: Direlda: Very sorry...
    [11:21] DracoDei: We will retcon Direlda's turn right now!
    [11:21] Direlda: ((you've basically had me out walking or something?))
    [11:22] DracoDei: You come back from a pleasant hike through nature to find Pex-Ants pouring out of the restaurant where you are staying... screams come from inside.
    [11:22] Direlda: I rush inside
    [11:22] DracoDei: You draw you bow and heroicallty force your way through the crowd, eventually arriving through the eastern half of the double doors.
    [11:23] DracoDei: A cloud of dense fog is in the center of the room (ofset to the east), and screams come from beyond it.
    [11:24] DracoDei: You can barely make out Spheniscine past the western edge of the fog, but he is also behind the end of the cloud.
    [11:25] DracoDei: Your go.
    [11:25] Direlda: I skirt as far as I can around the edge of the fog towards the screams
    [11:25] DracoDei: ((Remember to look at the map to see how the tables restrict your movements, but also remember you can't even see who the enemies are.
    [11:26] Remus: ((Can i get the link to the map again?))
    [11:27] DracoDei: Ok, you have a shot at #16, and I am just going to assume you take it. You are shooting into melee (especially with the customers), so you take a -4 to hit.
    [11:28] Direlda: I have dice, so I'll roll
    [11:28] DracoDei: You need to roll a 12 or higher.
    [11:29] Direlda: well I rolled 11
    [11:29] DracoDei: Ok, Direlda missed.
    [11:29] DracoDei: End Retcon
    [11:29] DracoDei: That puts us back to:
    [11:29] DracoDei: REMUS & EAGLE!
    [11:30] Remus: ((Down a move action, correct?))
    [11:30] DracoDei: Yes, you are.
    [11:31] Remus: ((Where am i relative to any oozes?))
    [11:31] DracoDei: I would have the Eagle Full attack, and I will roll for that. Just tell me if it is starting oin 156 or 18. (neither of them have taken damage, 15 is to its east, 18 is west
    [11:31] DracoDei: (Link: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/print...d.php?t=130854
    [11:33] DracoDei: ((It will be your turn right after this Direlda))
    [11:34] Direlda: ((righto))
    [11:34] Remus: Eagle will attack 15
    [11:34] Remus: ((Summon Creature 1 finishes now, correct?))
    [11:34] DracoDei: Eagle deals 65 points of damage to #156, and then disappears.
    [11:35] Remus: ((ERr..... Summon Monster))
    [11:35] DracoDei: Yes. What are you summoning and where are you putting it?
    [11:35] Remus: Celestial Badger, next to #15
    [11:36] DracoDei: Between you and it, or off to one side?
    [11:36] Remus: between me and it
    [11:38] DracoDei: And what are you doing with your move aciton? You could 5' step northwest, or you could got around table 5 counter-clockwise to the north east
    [11:38] DracoDei: Or you could cast another spell.
    [11:38] DracoDei: The badger attacks #156
    [11:38] DracoDei: ((3156))
    [11:39] DracoDei: ((#156)
    [11:39] DracoDei: ((#15... FINALLY!))
    [11:39] Remus: ((Heheh))
    [11:39] DracoDei: The badger misses.
    [11:40] * Remus moves to the northeast around table 5
    [11:40] DracoDei: Ok, you can now see ooze #20.
    [11:40] DracoDei: You want to close range on it?
    [11:41] DracoDei: ((Probably not, but you never know))
    [11:41] Remus: ((Nah))
    [11:41] DracoDei: ((Also, I forgot that these things don't have reach))
    [11:41] DracoDei: DIRELDA!
    [11:42] Direlda: I try shooting #16 again
    [11:42] Direlda: and 8...
    [11:42] DracoDei: ((I suggest moving 6 squares north and shooting at #16 again (1 point easier) if you have Point Black shot))
    [11:43] Direlda: I do have that, so I move closer
    [11:43] Direlda: but I'm guessing I still miss
    [11:43] DracoDei: 8 is KO.
    [11:43] DracoDei: Oh!
    [11:43] Direlda: ?
    [11:43] DracoDei: You ROLLED an 8....
    [11:43] Direlda: to hit
    [11:43] DracoDei: I thought you were trying to use Rapid Shot...
    [11:43] Direlda: ^^;
    [11:44] DracoDei: ((Which you can't in a turn you move...))
    [11:44] Direlda: oh right
    [11:45] Direlda: so I just miss then
    [11:45] Direlda: without moving
    [11:45] DracoDei: Spheniscine!! ((Will be handles after the GM gets back from the toilet))
    [11:46] DracoDei: Spheniscine considers dropping a brick, but is worried about hitting one of the patrons.
    [11:47] DracoDei: He hits #16 for 2 points of damage.\
    [11:48] DracoDei: PALLAS!
    [11:49] * Pallas attacks again
    [11:50] DracoDei: Pallas starts with 17 hoping to finish it off before moving on to 12
    [11:50] *** Direlda is now known as Direlda-san.
    [11:51] DracoDei: Shillelagh hits for 4 points of damage KOing Ooze 17
    [11:52] DracoDei: claw misses, Bit hits Ooze 12 for 2 ppoints of damage
    [11:53] DracoDei: #20 randomly decides Remus looks tasty.
    [11:54] DracoDei: But it misses.
    [11:55] DracoDei: 18 randomly decides Sven looks tasty (seriously, these targeting rolls are improbable).
    [11:55] DracoDei: It hits for 2 points of damage
    [11:56] DracoDei: Sven counter attacks Ooze 18
    [11:57] DracoDei: Only his bite hits.
    [11:57] DracoDei: For 4 hp
    [11:58] DracoDei: 16 attacks a patron and delivers a brutal 2 hitpoints of damage (Commoner classes, remember?)
    [11:59] DracoDei: 15 follows 16s example, but crits for an additional point of physical damage, resulting in 3 points of damage to a hapless waiter.
    [12:00] DracoDei: Clem moves into the square with Sven and attacks #18
    [12:01] Remus: ((Wasn't the badger attacking 15?))
    [12:01] DracoDei: Hits for 65 Points of damage, KOing i8t.
    [12:01] DracoDei: Erf... yes.
    [12:02] DracoDei: ((6 points of damage... 6 and 5 were stuck together.))
    [12:02] DracoDei: As for the badger...
    [12:04] DracoDei: Claw and a Bite hit #15 for 1 point each.
    [12:04] DracoDei: Actually the claw drops it, so the other point goes on #20 which is in range since it is attacking Remus
    [12:05] DracoDei: #12 hits a patron for 2 points.
    [12:07] Direlda-san: ((time for me to go... T.T ))
    [12:07] DracoDei: Which puts us back to the Badger (which will be attacking #20) and Remus.
    [12:07] DracoDei: ((Bye Direlda...catch up in the logs))
    [12:07] * Remus attacks #20 with his Quarterstaff
    [12:08] Direlda-san: ((will do))
    [12:08] DracoDei: The Celestial Badger hits for 1 point of damage...
    [12:08] *** Direlda-san has left #DracoD&D.
    [12:14] Remus: ((Hello?))
    [12:14] Pallas: (i'm here))
    [12:15] Remus: ((Is it time for the optional side quest to find DracoDei_?))
    [12:15] DracoDei: Back
    [12:15] Remus: (Welcome back)
    [12:15] DracoDei: You hit.
    [12:16] DracoDei: 2 points of damage.
    [12:16] DracoDei: You 5' stepped north first though.
    [12:17] DracoDei: Direlda misses #16 twice
    [12:17] DracoDei: And Sphenscine misses it with his giant mallet.
    [12:18] DracoDei: PALLAS!
    [12:18] DracoDei: ((Full attack on #12?))
    [12:18] Pallas: (yup)
    [12:19] DracoDei: #12 is now DEAD
    [12:21] DracoDei: #20 attacks the badger (this could be a VERY good thing...)
    [12:21] Remus: ((Heheh, i know))
    [12:21] DracoDei: Yay! A hit!
    [12:21] DracoDei: We have Frenzy on the badger...
    [12:22] Remus: ((Isn't it Rage?))
    [12:22] DracoDei: ((I forgot which they called it...))
    [12:22] DracoDei: ((Same difference))
    [12:23] Remus: ((Ah))
    [12:24] DracoDei: 18 attacks Svenj
    [12:24] DracoDei: Hits for the usual 2 points.
    [12:25] DracoDei: Sven has now taken the most damage of the party... all of 6 points.
    [12:26] DracoDei: Sven countand hits with both claws.er attacks
    [12:27] DracoDei: 18 is DEAD
    [12:28] DracoDei: Just a sec...
    [12:28] DracoDei: Eh, never mind that...
    [12:28] DracoDei: 16 attacks a downed customer for 2 points of damage.
    [12:30] DracoDei: Clem Clem moves into #16's space, but doesn't have time to attack this round.
    [12:32] DracoDei: Direlda Rapid shots, and hits #16 once
    [12:33] Remus: ((Isn't it my turn first?))
    [12:33] DracoDei: Grr... yes/
    [12:34] * Remus attacks #20 with his quarterstaff again
    [12:36] DracoDei: Actually, just before you can do that, the Badger drops it.
    [12:36] DracoDei: Want to force your way through the crowd towards #20?
    [12:37] Remus: (hmm? didn't you just say #20 was dropped?))
    [12:38] DracoDei: ((Oh... doesn't actually matter but Celestial summons have acid resistance 5)) No, that was #16 which is the one closest to you.
    [12:38] Pallas: ((*sigh* Perhaps tonight is not a good night for gaming.))
    [12:38] Remus: ((Huh? htne why can't i attack #20 with my quarterstaff?))
    [12:38] Remus: then*
    [12:38] DracoDei: ((Well, there are a lot of mistakes on my part, but we seem to be handling them very well so they don't actually mess things up.))
    [12:39] DracoDei: Because it is 35 feet away from you.
    [12:39] DracoDei: Erf...
    [12:40] DracoDei: ((Maybe Pallas is right... I have them backwards.... 20 is down, 16 is just injured.))
    [12:40] DracoDei: But it is still 35 feet away from you... the last ooze, regardless of what its number is.
    [12:41] Remus: then yeah, move towards it
    [12:42] DracoDei: Spheniscine splats the last ooze...
    [12:42] DracoDei: -----End initiative----
    [12:42] DracoDei: Ok, you want to go from here, or do you want to stop for the week?
    [12:44] Remus: (Stop for the week? kinda low on people? >.<)
    [12:44] DracoDei: ((Sorry I have been so out of it... and having to run extra NPCs doesn't help... plus I didn't take my meds this morning... somehow forgot it in the rush of OTHER things I was doing to get ready.__
    [12:44] DracoDei: ))
    [12:44] Pallas: ((No need to apologize.))
    [12:45] DracoDei: ((Pallas, I assume you want to stop as well.))
    [12:45] DracoDei: ((Thank you Pallas))
    [12:46] * DracoDei waits for Pallas's response, just to be very sure.
    [12:46] Pallas: me nods
    [12:47] DracoDei: ------------------End Session---------------------
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DracoDei's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Atlanta,GA USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (3.5) Elemental Plane of Candy/Candy Land play-test data.

    Current damage taken:
    Sven Bent-Claw: 6
    Clemaxgra: None
    Direlda: None
    Remus: 4
    Saleth: None (was hiding under a chair in the corner the whole time)
    Spheniscine: None
    Pallas: None
    Hesoid: None


    EDIT:
    16 CR 1/8ths and one CR 2 (the Pez-Ant Commoner) is about an EL 4 by the book, which is a bit low, but since it was a lot of the players FIRST encounter EVER I am going to call it good...

    1,200 XP's (experience points) total


    Note that this ONLY for the combat, NOT associated roleplaying bonuses, which I have yet to determine.

    I am going to count both Sven Bend-Claw and Direlda for full shares of the XPs.

    6 Characters. 1200/6 = 200 XPs per character.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2009-12-12 at 06:51 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DracoDei's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Atlanta,GA USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (3.5) Elemental Plane of Candy/Candy Land play-test data.

    Specific adventure arc in the restaurant is over. Might be some follow-up looking for compatriots of the nasty Pez-Ant.

    200 GP per character. Haven't given RP XP awards. Log (on the room in my parents' guest room) will require heavy editting due to personal matters getting interweaved in it, and a slow start.

    No game on Christmas day. Maybe not a week after that either.

    Pallas has a scheduling conflict and has to drop.

    Considering moving time. This might mean Spheniscine and Clemaxgra couldn't play because of time-zone problems.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DracoDei's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Atlanta,GA USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (3.5) Elemental Plane of Candy/Candy Land play-test data.

    [20:01] Hyperion: Normal 3.5, yes?
    [20:01] Remus: kinda...
    [20:01] Remus: i guess
    [20:01] DracoGM: Hyperion: Err... MOSTLY.... some tweaks to multiclassing... (and LAed races count as classes most of the time).
    [20:02] Remus: Zyborg22, will you be carrying my tent for me?
    [20:02] *** AlexDaFox has signed off IRC (Client exited).
    [20:02] Hyperion: hmm
    [20:02] Zyborg22: Sure, assuming I can without any penalties. I think I can, though.
    [20:02] DracoGM: Hyperion: And lots of homebrew magic items, monsters and eventually Prestige Classes.
    [20:02] Remus: aye
    [20:02] Remus: well under your weight limit
    [20:03] DracoGM: Zyborg: Being Hexipodal really helps.
    [20:03] Hyperion: hmm
    [20:03] Zyborg22: I know that, but I was wondering if it's surface area would count against anything.
    [20:03] DracoGM: Zyborg: Not when it is packed up, no.
    [20:04] Zyborg22: Ok. I'll carry it, then.
    [20:04] Zyborg22: I'm not sure if it will go into the haversack, though.
    [20:04] * Remus nods
    [20:06] DracoGM: ((Remus, Spheniscine, and Direlda you have decided to try to see if the wimpy terrorist had any accomplices. Pallas, Clem, and Tybalt decided they are on VACCATION, and aren't going to be looking for trouble.))
    [20:06] *** -Hyperion- Ok if I just lurk and work on a character?
    [20:06] Remus: heh
    [20:07] Direlda: ((righto))
    [20:07] DracoGM: Hyperion: I would prefer if you would play either Lyle Tealeaf or Sven Bent-Claw.
    [20:07] Remus: umm... actually, Zyborg, would you be able to carry my tools? ^^;
    [20:07] DracoGM: Hyperion: But you can just lurk for now.
    [20:08] Hyperion: Oh, so... Huh?
    [20:08] Zyborg22: Masterwork Scribe/Illuminator's tools, right?
    [20:08] * Remus nods
    [20:08] DracoGM: Hyperion: And, of course, you probably want to make a character in the long-run... although you could always tweak either of those two... Sven is more tweakablwe than Lyle.
    [20:08] Zyborg22: Yes.
    [20:10] DracoGM: Hyperion: Right now the biggest unfilled slot is healer...
    [20:11] Hyperion: :\ So... Will I be able to make a new character at a later point, who is not one of the ones already made?
    [20:11] Zyborg22: Yes. I did.
    [20:11] DracoGM: Hyperion: Yes.
    [20:11] Hyperion: Your earlier comment confused me, then.
    [20:12] Zyborg22: I think he wants you to use one of those guys right now since you won't have time to make anything else.
    [20:12] DracoGM: Play Lyle this session, next session you play your own character (if you prefer) and Lyle goes back to being a party NPC.
    [20:13] Hyperion: ((Right.))
    [20:15] *** Hyperion is now known as Lyle.
    [20:16] * Remus cracks his knuckles
    [20:16] Remus: Where are we, at current, Draco?
    [20:19] * Remus pokes
    [20:20] *** You are now known as Sheriff.
    [20:20] Zyborg22: More importantly, where am I :P ?
    [20:21] Sheriff: Zyborg: You are in a box. Things were so boring around here you turned yourself off, after telling people to wake you when something interesting happened.
    [20:22] Sheriff: ((The returning characters have just informed the Sheriff of there intentions. And he has summoned Lyle, and is now leading you into a storage area at the gaurd-post/jail.))
    [20:22] * Remus nods
    [20:25] Remus: begin play? or anything we still need to polish off?
    [20:25] Sheriff: ((Begin))
    [20:26] * Remus chews on a piece of candy cane that he got from a tree
    [20:26] * Sheriff speaks to Lyle as he prys the nails out of a box with a crowbar.
    [20:27] Direlda: "So why'd you want us to meet you?"
    [20:27] Sheriff: Anyway, *grunt* Lyle, these fine folks stopped some mad Pez-Ant after he *pry* smashed open the cherry ooze tank in the restaurant here in *POP* here in town.
    [20:28] Sheriff: ((You came to him as a formality, to make sure you wouldn't be charged with vigilantee-ism.))
    [20:28] Sheriff: ((Lyle was summoned.))
    [20:29] Direlda: ((righto))
    [20:29] * Sheriff reaches in through the space left by the peanut-brittle board he just pried off, and turns the key on Zyborgs back, waking him up.
    [20:30] * Remus earperks and peers at Zyborg22
    [20:30] Sheriff: To Zyborg: Yeah, we have some excitement, but nothing urgent, hang tight and I will get these boards off.
    [20:30] Sheriff: ((Zyborg, describe your character.))
    [20:33] * Zyborg22 is a warforged spider with a mithril coating. Assuming what I think about Mithril is true, this gives him an orange coloring. He has the eight limbs (two arms and six legs) and eight glowing-red eyes you'd expect from a metallic spider. He's roughly 6'0.
    [20:34] Zyborg22: ((Is that good, or do I need more?))
    [20:34] Sheriff: Anyway, they fancy that someone might have been pulling the regretably late Miz-Yiz's strings, and want to see if they can root them out. I think there is a strong possibility they are right, so I would be very grateful if you would go along with them, since if they get themselves killed it would be a blot on our tourism record.
    [20:34] Remus: ((Draco, same day as fight, or next?))
    [20:35] Sheriff: The nutter's in question.... no offense to anyone you understand, just a figure of speech... known many M&M's in my life, and none of them bad folk...
    [20:35] Sheriff: ((Remus: Next))
    [20:35] Remus: ((Okay))
    [20:35] Sheriff: ((That meansurement might be your DIAMETER...))
    [20:36] Zyborg22: ((The 6'0 is his height.))
    [20:36] Zyborg22: Sure. Anything's better than sitting out here doing nothing...and also better than sitting in this box getting cramps.
    [20:37] Lyle: "Can you even get cramps?"
    [20:37] Zyborg22: I have no idea, but I'd rather not find out.
    [20:37] Sheriff: Anyway, Zyborg here will help you out if you need someone to look around without being noticed...
    [20:37] Remus: Well, i would imagine his joints might get a bit sticky..
    [20:38] Sheriff: Hey, it was HIS idea, not mine...
    [20:38] * Remus chuckles and nods
    [20:38] * Sheriff removes another two of the boards.
    [20:38] * Spheniscine nods
    [20:38] Zyborg22: I figured you'd turn me on after you got me out, though.
    [20:38] Sheriff: Eh, was trying to save time with explanations...
    [20:40] * Remus accidentally stabs his tongue with the candy-cane twig
    [20:41] Remus: ow >.<
    [20:41] Direlda: "So when can we head out?"
    [20:41] * Lyle assists with opening the box the rest of the way.
    [20:42] Sheriff: Anyway, I was as surpised as anyone else to find out what Miz-Yiz had done... I know he didn't like meat-people, but I wouldn't have thought he wanted them off the plane entirely, let alone that he would protest in such a horribly violent way...
    [20:43] * Sheriff is a twizzler-wicker being whose form is approximately that of a human.
    [20:43] Sheriff: ((Box is now open.))
    [20:43] Direlda: "So this wasn't normal for Miz-Yiz?"
    [20:44] * Zyborg22 streches a lot, and then rolls over.
    [20:44] Sheriff: IT was unexpected... I don't know one way or another about any sort of supernatural influences on him, nor what part impulsiveness might have played in it.
    [20:44] * Remus jumps back a step
    [20:45] Sheriff: I hear in some of the bigger cities, they have people on the gaurd who figure out what happened when it isn't immediately obvious within a few minutes of listening to who is saying what what happened...
    [20:45] * Zyborg22 stands, and moves his joints around a bit to make sure they're all in working order.
    [20:45] Sheriff: Call them detectives or something...
    [20:46] * Spheniscine scratches his chin in what passes for thought with 9 intelligence... X3
    [20:46] Sheriff: I kon't know anything about how to DO that though... never really was needful up until now...
    [20:46] Remus: Aye, Sheriff, that they do
    [20:46] Direlda: Is there anyone like that here?
    [20:46] Sheriff: Well, apparently you guys... at least I hope so, because otherwise we may have problems...
    [20:46] * Remus nods
    [20:48] Remus: hmm...
    [20:48] Sheriff: I mean... I can ask around... but it might take a while, and it might be hard to do without putting whoever it is on their gaurd.
    [20:48] Remus: (Would a spell that could influence a person to do something leave any traces?)
    [20:49] Sheriff: I would get to know eachother first. though... lets get back to my office where you can talk more comfortably.
    [20:49] Lyle: ((Magic aura for a while, the person would know, but otherwise, not really))
    [20:49] Sheriff: ((Not ones that would last this long, no.))
    [20:49] Remus: ((probably too late, yeah...)
    [20:49] Zyborg22: ((We can't just ask him :P ?))
    [20:50] Direlda: ((he's dead, jim, dead.))
    [20:50] Zyborg22: ((So? There's a Talk to Dead spell, I think.))
    [20:50] Sheriff: ((The Pez-Ant? Well, actually, it might be possible... let me look up what level *Speak with Dead* is...))
    [20:51] Lyle: ((3))
    [20:51] Sheriff: ((Ok, so there is probably a cleric in town who the Sheriff could pay to cast that...))
    [20:53] Lyle: ((So... :\ ))
    [20:53] Sheriff: ((We will get to that later... why don't the people who actually fought the Pez-Ant explain what happened to Lyle (and Zyborg, but Zyborg22 already was there for some of it I think) .))
    [20:54] * Remus follows the Sheriff into his office, whistling to Saleth to follow him
    [20:54] Sheriff: ((You are now seated comfortably, except for Zyborg, who can't really 'sit' in a chair in the Sheriff's office, ready to get make plans and learn about your new allies.))
    [20:55] Zyborg22: Not that I mind sitting down here, but how come no one makes seats for multi-legged people?
    [20:56] Direlda: ((so we won a trip to the Elemental plane of candy and after travelling around for a few days ended up in this town. While in an inn a fight broke out, but I cannae really explain, since I was out walking for most of it))
    [20:56] Sheriff: ((Please do that IC...))
    [20:56] Lyle: "No business in it, unless you go somewhere with less humanoids."
    [20:58] * Remus nods to Lyle
    [20:58] Direlda: ((righto))
    [20:58] Remus: The fight... well.... let's see
    [20:58] Zyborg22: Ah...that's too bad. I'd totally buy a few.
    [20:58] * Remus thinks back
    [20:59] Sheriff: ((IF you need to jog your memories: (Link: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...d.php?t=130854 ))
    [21:00] Spheniscine: "I tried to save the Pez-Ant from the ooze that was attacking him, but didn't succeed."
    [21:02] Lyle: "Ooze?"
    [21:02] Direlda: I don't know how the fight started, because I was out walking to get some fresh air, but when I returned to the inn, it was filled with fog and screaming people. A few oozes were attacking and I helped take them down.
    [21:02] Remus: Cherry ooze, occupant of one of the tanks he smashed in
    [21:02] Remus: the fog was a spell cast by Pallas, druid who was with us
    [21:04] Remus: Miz-yiz was standing around, started fingering something on his belt, then pulled out a couple of hammer and smashed a corner of the tank in
    [21:05] Sheriff: ((If anyone has read "The Gunslinger" series... the oozes were perhaps about equivalent to a tank full of lobstrocities in a seafood restaurant with their claws not banded... not dangerous as long as the chefs know what they are doing with the tridents, and nobody is stupid enough to break the glass...))
    [21:05] Spheniscine: ((lol at the last part))
    [21:05] Lyle: ((Ah, answers that question.))
    [21:07] Sheriff: In all honesty, he wouldn't have gone down if some of your friends hadn't hit him first... not that I would have done any different if I had been there, faced with someone I didn't know... you can't tell how much punishment someone can take before the go down just by looking at them...
    [21:07] * Spheniscine nods
    [21:08] *** Remus has signed off IRC (Ping timeout: 121 seconds).
    [21:09] * Lyle nods
    [21:09] Direlda: True...
    [21:09] *** Remus has joined #DracoD&D.
    [21:09] Remus: (sorry, what'd i miss?)
    [21:09] Spheniscine: [10:05] <Sheriff> ((If anyone has read "The Gunslinger" series... the oozes were perhaps aboutequivalent to a tank full of lobstrocities in a seafood restaurant with their claws not banded... notdangerous as long as the chefs know what they are doing with the tridents, and nobody is stupid enough to break the glass...))
    [21:09] Spheniscine: [10:05] <Spheniscine> ((lol at the last part))
    [21:09] Spheniscine: [10:06] <Lyle> ((Ah, answers that question.))
    [21:09] Spheniscine: [10:07] <Sheriff> In all honesty, he wouldn't have gone down if some of your friends hadn't hit himfirst... not that I would have done any different if I had been there, faced with someone I didn'tknow... you can't tell how much punishment someone can take before the go down just by looking at them...
    [21:09] Spheniscine: [10:08] * Spheniscine nods
    [21:09] Spheniscine: [10:08] * Remus ([email protected]) Quit ( Ping timeout: 121 seconds )
    [21:09] Spheniscine: [10:09] * Lyle nods
    [21:09] Spheniscine: [10:09] <Direlda> True...
    [21:10] Remus: aye, i believe i was actually the one that knocked him down...
    [21:11] Remus: was still smashing the tanks and could not deal with him, the oozes already out, and more from the tank
    [21:11] Sheriff: So you were, so you were, but I wasn't sure if you thought it would be awkward with Lyle and Zyborg here... so I said less than I knew...
    [21:11] * Remus nods
    [21:12] Lyle: "It was him that released the oozes though."
    [21:14] Spheniscine: ((Well, at least we got a Sheriff who knows what's going on, instead of a clueless one... X3))
    [21:14] Remus: yes, and those took a life or two, i think...
    [21:14] Spheniscine: Were any civilians killed?
    [21:15] Sheriff: ((Oh, for a modern Sheriff this guy is utterly incompentent... for a medieval sheriff, he is very competent.))
    [21:15] Remus: ((heheh))
    [21:15] Spheniscine: ((lol))
    [21:16] Remus: ((brb))
    [21:16] Sheriff: And yes, there were some deaths unfortunately...
    [21:16] Remus: ((back))
    [21:17] Sheriff: Good folk... good folk...
    [21:17] Zyborg22: Do you know any of the dead people?
    [21:17] Zyborg22: Personally, I mean.
    [21:18] Remus: i believe that should be a question of "did"
    [21:18] Sheriff: Not actually... for which I thank the Lord, especially if there is someone else behind this... I don't need to be distracted at such a time.
    [21:18] Zyborg22: None of them got resurrected? In that case, so do I.
    [21:20] Sheriff: Well, that is always a tricky subject... diamonds aren't cheap and... well, sad to say, I don't think any of them will be ressurected, although we might get lucky with the charities that do such things for those who aren't wealthy enough to do it on there own...
    [21:21] Sheriff: ((5,000 GP material component for *Raise Dead*....))
    [21:21] Remus: ((Aye, rather expensive...))
    [21:21] Direlda: Does Miz-Yiz have any surviving relatives?
    [21:22] Sheriff: Lots...
    [21:22] Sheriff: Parents, 20 neutrals, and a sister.
    [21:22] Direlda: oh...
    [21:23] Zyborg22: Is that good or bad?
    [21:23] Direlda: any of them particularly close to him?
    [21:23] Lyle: ((Hmm?))
    [21:23] Sheriff: ((Most Pez-Ants are born genderless... drones... still people, just sex-less.))
    [21:24] Lyle: ((Right...))
    [21:24] Spheniscine: ((Ah.))
    [21:24] Sheriff: Well, probably at least ONE of them... probably worth talking to...
    [21:25] Direlda: who is that?
    [21:25] *** phox-scout has joined #DracoD&D.
    [21:26] Sheriff: I don't know, just saying family is family and in a family that big, there is probably at least one he got on pretty good with...
    [21:26] Spheniscine: ((Hi Phox.))
    [21:26] Direlda: Well, they sound like a good place to start
    [21:27] Direlda: Where do they live?
    [21:27] * Sheriff explains directions.
    [21:28] * Lyle pays attention.
    [21:29] Sheriff: Think you might want to figure out your whole plan here and now though, before you head out... if you were thinking of heading out immediately... would help us avoid getting in eachother's ways.
    [21:29] * Direlda makes a map with his pen and paper
    [21:29] * Remus taps Direlda's shoulder, holds out his map
    [21:29] Direlda: oh...
    [21:29] Remus: Makes things a bit simpler ;)
    [21:30] * Spheniscine snickers at Dir and Remus
    [21:30] Zyborg22: You can make another anyway, in case you want to sell it or something.
    [21:30] Direlda: true
    [21:31] Remus: ...point...
    [21:31] Direlda: anyways, the Sheriff is right, we should make a plan
    [21:31] Sheriff: ((I would ask you to roll a craft check... gbut I don't really care about the quality of the map at this time.))
    [21:31] Direlda: ((neither do I...))
    [21:32] Direlda: So I think we should at least talk to the family of Miz-Yiz, see if we can find anything that might explain his behavior
    [21:33] Direlda: a speak with dead spell might be useful as well
    [21:33] Remus: Hmm...
    [21:33] Zyborg22: Or we can go the more convulted way and see if he had a diary we could peek at or something :P .
    [21:34] Spheniscine: :p
    [21:35] Direlda: that's also a good idea
    [21:37] * Lyle shrugs.
    [21:37] Sheriff: I think... I think a brief review of what you each bring to the table in this joint effort of ours would be good to have before we go too much further...
    [21:38] * Remus nods
    [21:39] * Spheniscine nods
    [21:40] Sheriff: ((That is your cue to introduce your character's by class, spells known, etc etc...))
    [21:40] Direlda: well... I'm better in the wild - I know how to survive in harsh weather and can track foes
    [21:42] Direlda: I'm also pretty good at sneaking around
    [21:42] Spheniscine: I specialize in the Falling Anvil school of arts, harnessing the forces of pure chaos to make bricks randomly fall from the sky. :3
    [21:42] * Remus chuckles
    [21:43] Direlda: And I can do this...
    [21:43] Direlda: kitsunebi
    [21:43] * Direlda is surrounded by blue flames. This his foxfire, which gives off light and warmth but does not burn unless he choses to use it as a weapon.
    [21:43] Zyborg22: Well...I can shank people or shoot them. I can also open locks and disable traps so they don't kill us all. I'm reasonably good at moving around and noticing stuff.
    [21:43] Spheniscine: ((My vocabulay is way too large for someone with 9 intelligence... X3))
    [21:43] Spheniscine: *vocabulary
    [21:43] Direlda: of course, I'm not yet able to use it as a weapon
    [21:44] Zyborg22: ((9 is only somewhat below average))
    [21:44] Spheniscine: ((X3))
    [21:44] Direlda: still a novice
    [21:44] Lyle: "I am a chef, a cleric, with a mission to bring food to all who need it... I'm also good at whacking and healing people." <.<
    [21:45] Direlda: ((anyways, I need to go to dinner - a former roommate stopped by and is taking my apartment to dinner))
    [21:45] Direlda: (( ^^; ))
    [21:45] Spheniscine: ((Have fun Dir))
    [21:45] Remus: I am a wizard, specializing in conjuration, and able to transform to a feral fox at will, also good at sneaking and hiding. Can be rather silly at times but move with a purpose
    [21:45] Remus: ((Cya Direlda))
    [21:46] * Direlda says a blessing on his way out
    [21:46] Direlda: ((I check up on the logs))
    [21:47] Direlda: ((*I'll))
    [21:47] Direlda: ((this is actually very unexpected))
    [21:48] Direlda: ((anything you want to say before I go, Draco?))
    [21:49] Sheriff: ((Nope))
    [21:49] Direlda: ((well, then Blessings!))
    [21:49] *** Direlda has left #DracoD&D.
    [21:52] Spheniscine: ((Hmm...))
    [21:53] * Remus pets Saleth idly, the cat curled up in his lap
    [21:55] Lyle: (( <.< ))
    [21:56] Remus: ((Draco?))
    [21:56] Sheriff: ((Yes?))
    [21:56] Remus: ((Waiting for something? ^^;))
    [21:57] Sheriff: ((Yes. This session is mostly supposed to be y'all getting to know eachother IC and planning out your approach...))
    [21:58] Spheniscine: ((Hmm... I dunno. We go to the house and ask questions? Not sure what more there is to it...))
    [21:58] Sheriff: ((Quite frankly I managed to draw up the encounters related to this stage of things, but I got stuck on how to handle getting you there... so I am avoiding starting you out with any terribly specific leads.))
    [21:59] Zyborg22: So...why are you not made of candy like almost everything else here?
    [21:59] Remus: Hmm? Who?
    [21:59] Spheniscine: The Sheriff?
    [21:59] Sheriff: ((Ok, if y'all have come up with all the ideas you are going to come up with, that needs to be said in character.))
    [22:00] *** phox-scout has left #DracoD&D.
    [22:00] * Sheriff most certainly IS made of Candy.
    [22:00] * Lyle ponders what a candy-warforged would look like due to Zyborg's comment.
    [22:00] Zyborg22: ((The other party members, actually. Also, BRB.))
    [22:00] Lyle: "Don't think they're from here, I'm not."
    [22:01] Remus: Ah, well.... we won a trip to here in a raffle, all expenses paid, etc etc
    [22:01] Spheniscine: So, we just go to their houses and ask questions?
    [22:02] Lyle: "I guess."
    [22:05] Zyborg22: ((Back))
    [22:05] Remus: ((Wb))
    [22:05] Zyborg22: Hopefully without having to kill stuff first.
    [22:06] Remus: aye, that would be... optimal
    [22:08] Spheniscine: OK.
    [22:10] Sheriff: Ok, you intend on trying the spell first, or talking to his family first...
    [22:10] Spheniscine: Hmm... who has the spell?
    [22:10] Lyle: ((None of us.))
    [22:10] Lyle: ((We'd have some local cleric do it))
    [22:11] Spheniscine: Hm.
    [22:11] Remus: I say we go with the spell first...
    [22:11] Remus: though...
    [22:11] Sheriff: Madam Jackobson at the headquarters of The Cupcake Princess (a local Warder).
    [22:11] Remus: Is the body even in a state where the spell would even be able to work?
    [22:11] Zyborg22: Will she charge to do it?
    [22:12] Lyle: Remus raises a good point.
    [22:12] Sheriff: As for the state of the body, she herself would know best.
    [22:12] Remus: As far as i know, the body was thouroughly eaten by th oozes, if the throat or any of the related systems are missing, he would be unable to speak with us
    [22:13] Sheriff: As for the cost, the public funds will cover that...
    [22:13] Lyle: "Well, let's go ask then. Seems like a shorted trip."
    [22:13] * Remus nods
    [22:13] Remus: Aye, Do you have the body available, Sheriff?
    [22:14] Sheriff: ((No, it wasn't that bad... they had like... 30 seconds to work on him after he was dead before Clem and Spheniscine killed them in their turn.))
    [22:14] Remus: ((ah, okay))
    [22:14] Sheriff: It should already be at the Cupcake Princess headquarters, being prepared for burial...
    [22:15] Remus: In that case, i think we should go
    [22:15] * Spheniscine nods
    [22:15] * Lyle nods
    [22:15] Remus: and if we do get the info we need, we probably won't even need to talk to any family members
    [22:16] Sheriff: ((Want me to RP out Jackobson, or do you just want to cut to brass tacks?))
    [22:16] Spheniscine: ((Who's Jackobson?))
    [22:16] Zyborg22: ((The cleric))
    [22:16] Lyle: ((THe cleric person))
    [22:16] Spheniscine: Ah.
    [22:16] Remus: ((Just cut to it, i say...))
    [22:17] Sheriff: The body is in good shape, Madam Jackobson can ask two questions, but then the corpse will be immune for a week to that specific spell...
    [22:18] Remus: Right... questions... should have thought of that before heading out...
    [22:18] Sheriff: You get 5 minutes for her to ask both questions.
    [22:19] Remus: hmm...
    [22:19] Sheriff: So come up with at least the first one now... then I either have the second one (you can use contingencies if you like based on the first quesiton for what the second question will be.))
    [22:19] * Spheniscine doesn't know about questions... X3
    [22:19] Sheriff: That or I time you in real-time for the second one...
    [22:20] Sheriff: She explains everything carefully: (Link: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/spe...akWithDead.htm
    [22:20] Lyle: "Hmm... 'Did you release the cherry oozes of your own free will, and if so was it at someone else's direction?' ?" ((To the others, asking if that seems alright.))
    [22:21] *** You are now known as Jackobson.
    [22:21] Lyle: ((That question ok with everyone else?))
    [22:21] Remus: hmm...
    [22:21] Jackobson: Compound questions don't generally work very well...
    [22:21] Lyle: Point.
    [22:21] * Remus nods
    [22:21] Zyborg22: Also, what would asking about the oozes tell us?
    [22:21] Lyle: We're trying to find out why, aren't we?
    [22:22] Zyborg22: I thought there was something larger you wanted to know.
    [22:22] Remus: how about..... Were your actions in the restaurant enacted by your own free will?
    [22:22] Lyle: ((brb))
    [22:22] Zyborg22: Or is that the larger thing?
    [22:23] Remus: and if no.... Who influenced you into your actions?
    [22:23] *** Remus is now known as Gemini.
    [22:23] *** Gemini is now known as Remus.
    [22:23] Zyborg22: What if he says yes? Will we then ask why?
    [22:24] Remus: Actually, ask the same question
    [22:24] Lyle: Sounds good.
    [22:25] Lyle: Hmm?
    [22:25] Remus: Because we actually couldn't entirely trust a "yes"
    [22:25] Zyborg22: Ok. Sounds good to me.
    [22:25] Remus: because he may have believed his actions were his own...
    [22:26] Lyle: Right.
    [22:27] Remus: better question...
    [22:27] Lyle: Ey?
    [22:28] Remus: "Were your actions in the restaurant influenced by anyone?"
    [22:28] Remus: as the first
    [22:29] Lyle: Well, someone decide.
    [22:29] Lyle: ((Brb. again.))
    [22:29] * Spheniscine shrugs
    [22:30] Zyborg22: Then what second question would we ask if he said no? The same one?
    [22:30] Remus: ask who
    [22:31] Zyborg22: The same as if he said yes, I'm assuming.
    [22:31] Remus: oh, wait...
    [22:31] Remus: If he said no...
    [22:32] Remus: ask who else was involved
    [22:32] Lyle: Right.
    [22:33] Spheniscine: Hmm...
    [22:33] Spheniscine: Sounds good to me.
    [22:33] Zyborg22: Same here.
    [22:34] Remus: ((brb))
    [22:34] Jackobson: ((Tell me when you are done... I am having a trouble focusing...))
    [22:34] Lyle: ((Think we've decided.))
    [22:35] * Spheniscine nods
    [22:36] Remus: ((back))
    [22:36] Spheniscine: Hi Remus.
    [22:36] Spheniscine: So we have our questions down?
    [22:37] * Remus nods
    [22:37] Remus: i think we do
    [22:37] Jackobson: ((Ok, what is your first question, and do you have the secondaries picked out for me ahead of time, or are we going to be timing this... I will give you 6 minutes instead of 5 since typing is slower than talking...))
    [22:37] Jackobson: ((Oh, premade... good.))
    [22:37] Jackobson: First one?
    [22:38] Zyborg22: I think it's "Were your actions in the restaurant influenced by anyone?".
    [22:38] Remus: Were you actions in the restaurant influenced by anyone or anything?
    [22:39] Jackobson: Ok, and the secondaries?
    [22:40] Remus: If yes, Who or what influenced you. If no, Who else was involved?
    [22:43] Jackobson: Ok...
    [22:44] Jackobson: For the first one you get: "Many things."
    [22:44] Jackobson: For the second one you get a verbal manifesto of hatred against out-planar influences...
    [22:44] Jackobson: Everyone make a Wisdom check, DC 20.
    [22:45] Jackobson: Eh...
    [22:45] Zyborg22: !roll 1d20
    [22:45] Spheniscine: roll 1d20
    [22:45] Spheniscine: dice 1d20
    [22:45] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 20; Total: 20.
    [22:45] Spheniscine: 23.
    [22:45] Zyborg22: dice 1d20+3
    [22:45] Zyborg22: dice 1d20
    [22:45] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 1; Total: 1.
    [22:45] Spheniscine: x.x
    [22:45] Zyborg22: 4.
    [22:45] Zyborg22: Thanks a lot, jerk :P .
    [22:45] Spheniscine: X3
    [22:46] Remus: 22
    [22:46] Jackobson: The diatribe runs on until the end of the spell...
    [22:46] Spheniscine: ((Lyle?))
    [22:46] Lyle: dice 1d20
    [22:46] WagzBot: Results of die roll(s): 5; Total: 5.
    [22:46] Lyle: ((We really need an actual dicebot))
    [22:47] Lyle: ((That allows modifiers.))
    [22:47] Lyle: ((So that's an 8 for Lyle. ))
    [22:47] Remus: ((And wagz tends towards lower numbers for soem reason...))
    [22:48] Lyle: ((Did we bring the Sheriff with us? Seems like something he'd want to hear.))
    [22:48] Jackobson: Soheniscine manages to latch on to a critical bit ".... and we've got two _______ for the blighters"
    [22:48] Jackobson: The blanked out word is somethng I am going to make up...
    [22:49] Spheniscine: Remus: Are you certain about that?
    [22:49] Spheniscine: Someone needs to do a statistical test... X3
    [22:49] Remus: ((Lower numbers, and then the top numbers, the middle numbers seem rare))
    [22:50] Jackobson: It means "candy cane", but it is a special, and very precise term that is not much in use, even on this plane.
    [22:51] Jackobson: It very specifically means a large (as in over a foot and a half at the very least) hooked candy cane.
    [22:51] Jackobson: Not a straight one...
    [22:51] Jackobson: "In fact a matched and balanced pair of __________"
    [22:51] Jackobson: And the spell ends...
    [22:52] Jackobson: Tell the Sheriff if he wants me to keep it fresh in case they you all still have questions a week from now, that will be extra.
    [22:53] Zyborg22: I...um...don't really understand this extra-planar stuff.
    [22:53] Remus: ((brb))
    [22:54] Remus: ((back))
    [22:55] Remus: ((Anything i latched onto, Draco?))
    [22:55] Zyborg22: ((Probably not anything Sphen didn't.))
    [22:56] Jackobson: ((If you got over a 20, then you can support Spheniscine's conclusions.))
    [22:56] Remus: ((ok))
    [22:56] * Spheniscine nods
    [22:57] Remus: Hmm...
    [22:57] Spheniscine: ((Do I understand the term he used?))
    [22:57] Jackobson: ((Actually neither of you do, but you remember it well enough to ask a local...))
    [22:57] * Spheniscine nods
    [22:57] * Remus nods
    [22:59] Spheniscine: So... should we go back to the Sheriff?
    [23:00] Lyle: We should probably tell him
    [23:00] Remus: Aye
    [23:00] Zyborg22: Actually, I think we should keep it a secret :P .
    [23:01] Jackobson: *The party goes and finds the Sheriff again...*
    [23:01] *** You are now known as Sheriff.
    [23:01] Sheriff: Huh...
    [23:01] Sheriff: That is interesting...
    [23:02] Remus: ((I gotta go in a few minutes))
    [23:02] Sheriff: ((Ok, well, I am pretty tired as I said, so we will call it a session at that time...))
    [23:02] Remus: ((Oops, well, gotta go now))
    [23:03] Sheriff: The Sheriff thinks and ponders, and goes and gets a very skilled linguist and swears him to secrecy.
    [23:03] Spheniscine: ((OK. Bye.))
    [23:03] Sheriff: Nope... that has me baffled.
    [23:03] Sheriff: Those sorts of candy-canes are actually so common that nobody thinks much about them...
    [23:03] Sheriff: Actually HARDER to find straight ones...
    [23:03] Spheniscine: Hm.
    [23:04] Spheniscine: ((There are sentient candy canes in this plane?))
    [23:04] Sheriff: So there wouldn't be any special symbolism to a pair of them...
    [23:05] Sheriff: ((Yeah, the ones with curved tails are scorpions... but they aren't especially dangerous to anything over a food long.))
    [23:06] Spheniscine: ((Ah.))
    [23:06] Zyborg22: I wonder if his family would know anything about those.
    [23:07] Lyle: Well, we were going to go there anyway
    [23:07] Spheniscine: ((Should we end the session here?))
    [23:07] Spheniscine: ((It's about lunch time for me anyway. X3))
    [23:08] Sheriff: --------------End Session-----------------
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DracoDei's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Atlanta,GA USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (3.5) Elemental Plane of Candy/Candy Land play-test data.

    ((Place Holder for session including talking to Miz-Yiz's family.))
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DracoDei's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Atlanta,GA USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (3.5) Elemental Plane of Candy/Candy Land play-test data.

    [20:13] <DracoDei> --------------Session Start-------------------
    [20:13] == DracoDei has changed nick to Lyle
    [20:14] <Lyle> ((You want to do the cleric swap immediately?))
    [20:14] <Ruumis> ((Sure))
    [20:17] <Lyle> You know...
    [20:17] <Lyle> I thought I could help...
    [20:17] <Lyle> I mean I have faced down bandits before...
    [20:18] <Lyle> I thought this would be a cinch.
    [20:18] <Lyle> But I keep worrying I am going to choke up...
    [20:18] <Lyle> When you need me most...
    [20:18] <Lyle> I am a cook.
    [20:18] <Lyle> So I can heal people?
    [20:18] <Lyle> So what.
    [20:18] <Lyle> Doesn't make me a battle cleric.
    [20:18] <Lyle> I...
    [20:19] <Lyle> There was another option.
    [20:19] <Lyle> Someone else that the cleric of these parts could have sent with you.
    [20:19] <Lyle> Neither of us liked him much, but I know he won't flinch at the sight of blood-letting at least.
    [20:20] <Lyle> He is still waiting back a the house of healing.
    [20:20] * Lyle starts of determinedly.
    [20:20] <Lyle> ((Sorry for the 3 minute lag))
    [20:21] * Remus gets up from where he was sitting and follows, head down and thinking
    [20:22] <Remus> You believe he would be the better choice, Lyle?
    [20:22] <Zyborg22> You could go with us and stay out of battle if you want.
    [20:24] <Lyle> If I wouldn't be healing you in the middle of combat, what would be the point of my even being there?
    [20:24] <Spheniscine> ((Er, are we going into a battle? I don't remember going into a battle...))
    [20:24] <Zyborg22> ((I mean in general))
    [20:24] <Ruumis> (( You're adventurers.))
    [20:24] <Spheniscine> ((Did I miss something? o.o))
    [20:24] <Ruumis> (( So you will.))
    [20:24] <Spheniscine> ((lol))
    [20:24] <Zyborg22> You could cook for them back at the camp.
    [20:24] <Lyle> ((Well, you can't be sure of the guy who inspired Miz-Yiz surrendering without a fight.))
    [20:24] <Remus> ((Agreed with Ruumis, Battle will find us, one way or another))
    [20:25] <Spheniscine> ((Oh right, now I remember, we're trying to infiltrate the nativist group.))
    [20:25] <Lyle> ((But no, battle doesn't seem particularly imminant at this moment.))
    [20:25] <Zyborg22> And make sure they don't kill themselves by eating poisonous berries or something.
    [20:25] <Spheniscine> ((/me facepaws))
    [20:25] <Remus> I think we should trust Lyle's judgement in this, Zy, Having someone who could do all that /and/ help us in battle would be best
    [20:26] <Ruumis> (( But, I am /not/ a cook, despite that ;) ))
    [20:26] <Remus> ((:P))
    [20:26] <Zyborg22> The other guy can cook?
    [20:27] <Lyle> ((Tell me when you are ready to arrive at the Cupcake Princess headquarters.))
    [20:27] <Remus> Err.... maybe not.. but...
    [20:27] <Zyborg22> I just figured we could have both come with us.
    [20:27] <Remus> How useful would a cook be to us, really? I'm sure we can manage..
    [20:27] <Zyborg22> Ok, then.
    [20:28] <Remus> Lyle would probably be better off helping people elsewhere
    [20:28] <Zyborg22> There is that.
    [20:28] <Lyle> Well, maybe if you were really GOING somewhere... I dunno... I will think about it.
    [20:30] <Zyborg22> I say you do what you want. I was just offering you a way to stay if you wanted to.
    [20:32] <Zyborg22> ((I'm ready to go when no one else has anything else to say))
    [20:32] <Remus> ((As am I))
    [20:32] <Lyle> ((You are talking while walking, the only question is at what point the conversation has wound down enough that we can "fast forward".))
    [20:33] <Lyle> You arrive at Cupcake Princess headquarters.
    [20:34] * Lyle reports back to the head cleric and says that on second thought he doesn't think he can hack it.
    [20:34] == Lyle has changed nick to Cleric
    [20:34] * Cleric shows in another individual after Lyle leaves.
    [20:34] <Cleric> ((Character intros GO!))
    [20:35] <Ruumis> ((heh))
    [20:35] <Cleric> ((Perhaps more on Rummis's side than the other way around...))
    [20:35] * Remus sniffs the air and looks at Ruumis as he enters
    [20:36] * Ruumis walks in, a human male of average height and build, with brown eyes and hair. For some reason he's wearing a breastplate around a house of healing.
    [20:37] <Ruumis> "You wanted me to come over?" ((To the head Cleric))
    [20:37] * Spheniscine sniffs the air
    [20:37] * Ruumis notices the strangers and walks over to them.
    [20:37] <Cleric> Yes, it seems Lyle was poorly suited to the task at hand afterall... you services are desired.
    [20:38] <Ruumis> "By this group?" *gestures towards them*
    [20:39] * Spheniscine nods
    [20:40] * Ruumis gets out a magnifying glass and examines the plating on Zyborg.
    [20:40] <Cleric> Yes.
    [20:41] <Ruumis> "I have never had a chance to adventure with a warforged..." *pokes Zyborg lightly* "I shall do it. All these injured and dieing I'm not supposed to animate are getting boring anyway."
    [20:41] <Zyborg22> Why are you examining me?
    [20:41] <Zyborg22> Oh...ok
    [20:42] * Remus raises an eyebrow and nods "Greetings"
    [20:43] <Ruumis> ((Is Remus a shapeshifter that appears human, or what?))
    [20:43] <Remus> ((Anthropomorphic fox))
    [20:45] <Ruumis> "Ah! And a humanoid canine! I have never seen one of your skeletons before... This shall be most interesting."
    [20:45] <Zyborg22> Don't rip him apart to see it. We still need him.
    [20:45] * Remus blinks and takes a few steps back
    [20:46] <Ruumis> "What? Oh no, it is bad policy to kill clients. Very bad."
    [20:46] * Spheniscine snickers
    [20:47] * Ruumis resumes his inspection of Zyborg for a few second before looking up. "Why are we standing around here?"
    [20:47] <Cleric> ((And here I was worried that Ruumis's grim/dark nature would clash with the humor of the campaign... "it is bad policy to kill clients. Very bad." <- indeed.))
    [20:48] * Spheniscine sniffs Ruumis
    [20:48] <Zyborg22> Because there aren't any chairs around here.
    [20:48] * Remus giggles a bit and grins
    [20:48] <Zyborg22> Then again, we don't really need them.
    [20:48] <Cleric> ((Actually there are, but that is beside the point.))
    [20:48] <Remus> Hmmph, speak for yourself
    [20:48] <Cleric> (( You are in the head-cleric's office again.))
    [20:48] <Zyborg22> I never said you didn't want them.
    [20:50] * Remus shrugs and smiles, pulling out a bit of gum-grass and chewing on it
    [20:50] <Zyborg22> He does have a point, though. Aren't we going to go to that place?
    [20:51] * Remus nods
    [20:51] <Remus> I think we should move soon... but what shall the rest of us do while you're doing your job, Zy?
    [20:52] <Zyborg22> Make sure I don't die, in case they find me out and attack.
    [20:52] <Spheniscine> Do we have any means of monitoring Zy?
    [20:52] <Spheniscine> Scrying or somesuch?
    [20:52] * Remus thinks for a moment
    [20:53] <Remus> I do not
    [20:53] <Cleric> ((Reading logs to see what "that place" would be.))
    [20:53] <Cleric> ((Or someone can remind me.))
    [20:53] <Ruumis> "What's that you say?"
    [20:53] <Ruumis> ((And... I don't remember either. :\ ))
    [20:54] <Zyborg22> ((The Copcake Castle is where we are now?))
    [20:54] <Cleric> ((Drat... it seems I never posted last week's logs))
    [20:54] <Remus> ((Well... not a place, but...))
    [20:54] <Spheniscine> ((Is the Cupcake Castle where the nativists are hanging out?))
    [20:54] <Cleric> ((You are at the local headquarter's building for the clerics of the Cupcake Princess. The Cupcake Princess is a Warder.))
    [20:54] <Spheniscine> ((Oh.
    [20:55] <Remus> ((He was to infiltrate the ranks of these so-called "nativists"))
    [20:55] <Spheniscine> ((/me is so slow... X3))
    [20:55] <Remus> ((See if they had a headquarters and such))
    [20:55] <Spheniscine> ((Ah.))
    [20:55] <Ruumis> "Well, if you have to keep track of this one, I can get a spell ready if you'll wait."
    [20:56] <Ruumis> "Won't let us know where you are, but if you get hurt hurt or anything we'll know and could do something."
    [20:56] <Cleric> ((So.. what was the current lead that you were following up on? I know you spoke with Miz-Yiz's family (after letting the younger children leave), but I can't remember what was going on after that.))
    [20:57] <Ruumis> ((We were going to go see Miz-Yiz's nativist friends))
    [20:57] <Remus> ((List of Nativist friends of his))
    [20:57] <Cleric> ((Ok))
    [20:58] <Ruumis> ((oh wait, that spell does tell me where he is. Wooh.))
    [20:58] <Spheniscine> ((Yay!))
    [20:58] <Ruumis> ((Not sure if we'd be able to do anything about it, but we'll know))
    [20:58] * Ruumis goes out of the room to prepare and get ready to go.
    [20:59] <Ruumis> ((You going to talk more or should we skip ahead?))
    [21:00] <Spheniscine> ((I guess that's it))
    [21:01] <Remus> ((Skippy skippy))
    [21:01] <Ruumis> ((hmm))
    [21:02] * Ruumis finishes preparing and goes outside to wait for the others to be ready.
    [21:02] * Remus slips outside to stand next to Ruumis
    [21:03] * Zyborg22 goes outside to stand next to Remus, but not to Ruumis.
    [21:03] <Ruumis> "There you are. You fellows have horses?"
    [21:03] <Zyborg22> I know I don't. I doubt I could ride one.
    [21:04] <Cleric> ((I... may need a bit. Having some emotional problems. Keep going, but I am going to be AFK for a bit.))
    [21:04] <Ruumis> (( O: ))
    [21:04] <Remus> hmm? no horse with me, but i could get one if i wished
    [21:05] <Ruumis> "Better keep Chestnut to a walk then, if you're walking."
    [21:05] <Zyborg22> And for the record, none of you are allowed to ride me like one.
    [21:05] * Ruumis turns and heads off around to the stable.
    [21:05] <Ruumis> "Be right back."
    [21:05] * Remus giggles and nods to Ruumis
    [21:05] <Remus> Aww... come on Zy... you sure?
    [21:07] <Zyborg22> Yes.
    [21:08] <Spheniscine> ((Awr, poor Drac. :( ))
    [21:08] * Spheniscine nuzzles Zyborg
    [21:09] <Zyborg22> Um...thanks.
    [21:09] * Remus ponders learning baleful polymorph to turn Zy into a horse...
    [21:10] <Cleric> ((Back at keyboard, but not feeling very well... I could maybe jump to the fighting part, but that would be bad story-telling... good thing you seem to have it in hand for the moment.))
    [21:10] * Remus facepaws and mutters to himself
    [21:10] * Ruumis returns a minute later leading Chestnut by the bridle. Chestnut being a magically animated horse skeleton that happens to be wearing a black beret.
    [21:11] <Ruumis> "Isn't she a beautiful horse?" *pats Chestnut's neck*
    [21:11] * Spheniscine stares at the beret
    [21:12] * Spheniscine suddenly wants a beret. o.o
    [21:12] <Ruumis> ((heh))
    [21:12] <Remus> Hmm... could be said, mightn't riding her get a bit uncomfortable, though?
    [21:12] <Zyborg22> I think a mechanical one might look better.
    [21:13] <Ruumis> ((Your reactions to a skeleton horse are disappointing. :P ))
    [21:13] <Spheniscine> Can half-ferals ride a horse?
    [21:13] * Ruumis considers.
    [21:14] * Spheniscine stares at the bones...
    [21:14] * Spheniscine gets an urge to nom on them... >.<
    [21:14] <Cleric> ((You mean anthros? I can't see why not... well... elephant morphs not withstanding...))
    [21:14] <Ruumis> "I wouldn't know, got Chestnut here specially trained to not mind any of the usual things that bug horses. Other ones, probably wouldn't like it."
    [21:14] <Zyborg22> ((Not if they act like Sphen is :P ))
    [21:15] <Spheniscine> ((Well, I walk on all fours, but can rear up to wield weapons and the like.
    [21:15] * Remus flicks Sphen's ear "No eating the horse."
    [21:15] <Ruumis> "You all ready?"
    [21:15] * Spheniscine droops his ears and lets out a soft whine
    [21:15] * Remus nods in affirmation to Ruumis
    [21:15] * Ruumis laughs.
    [21:16] * Remus pulls out an old bone for Sphen and sighs "I was saving this one...."
    [21:16] <Spheniscine> Yay!
    [21:16] * Spheniscine noms
    [21:16] * Ruumis climbs up to the saddle.
    [21:17] * Ruumis starts riding one way along the path.
    [21:17] * Ruumis stops.
    [21:18] <Ruumis> "I have no idea where we're going."
    [21:18] * Spheniscine snickers
    [21:18] * Remus follows after Ruumis and grins, pulling out the list
    [21:18] <Zyborg22> We're going to a place where I pretend to hate people like the rest of you.
    [21:19] <Zyborg22> Or something.
    [21:19] <Spheniscine> :p
    [21:19] <Remus> or, to the people who will lead us there
    [21:19] * Ruumis casts Status on Zyborg when we get near wherever we're going.
    [21:20] <Ruumis> ((Unless we're doing more talking.))
    [21:20] <Remus> ((Draco... give us the name of one of these fellows?))
    [21:20] == Cleric has changed nick to Foon
    [21:20] <Foon> ((Foon))
    [21:21] <Remus> Okay, Zy, you're up, we'll hang back out of sight
    [21:21] <Spheniscine> Good luck.
    [21:21] <Foon> ((Keeping the name regardless, but describe what sort of person you picked first (closest, most suspicious, weakest sounding for in case things go badly, etc).))
    [21:21] * Spheniscine licks Zy
    [21:22] <Zyborg22> Let me keep my peanut brittly goodness to myself.
    [21:22] <Remus> Figured we'd start off with one of his "closer" friends....
    [21:23] <Zyborg22> Do you have anything specific you want me to ask?
    [21:24] <Remus> Hmm.... no, but be careful. Try to get into his good graces, don't ask about the nativist stuff right away unless he brings it up himself
    [21:25] <Remus> ((brb))
    [21:26] <Foon> ((Tell me when you are ready... but take as much time as you need.))
    [21:27] <Ruumis> ((Can we just say they explained what's going on to Ruumis?))
    [21:27] <Ruumis> (( on the way?))
    [21:29] <Spheniscine> ((/me nods))
    [21:31] <Foon> ((Yes, you explained on the way.))
    [21:32] <Ruumis> ((Well... Did we send Zyborg in then?))
    [21:33] <Ruumis> ((Or do we have anymore instructions for him?))
    [21:33] <Foon> ((If you are ready, then sure... assuming you are.))
    [21:33] <Foon> ((Oh... go on.))
    [21:33] <Ruumis> (( I, and Ruumis, have none))
    [21:34] <Ruumis> ((He'd probably enjoy the chance to try animating a warforged))
    [21:34] <Spheniscine> ((I guess we're ready. Zy?))
    [21:35] <Zyborg22> ((Yes))
    [21:36] <Remus> ((Dinner, will take a bit longer))
    [21:36] <Ruumis> ((oh.))
    [21:36] <Ruumis> ((hmm...))
    [21:36] <Ruumis> ((How long will that go? I should probably get dinner as well. :\ ))
    [21:36] <Foon> ((Well, since this next scene will focus on Zyborg anyway... and I am feeling noticably better now...))
    [21:37] <Foon> ((Off to dinner with you two...))
    [21:37] <Ruumis> ((Right. May I go get dinner then, as you continue?))
    [21:37] <Ruumis> ((right))
    [21:37] <Foon> To Zyborg: Hello.
    [21:37] <Zyborg22> Oh...hey there.
    [21:37] <Ruumis> ((be back in 30 minutes, at most... hopefully.))
    [21:37] * Foon is selling chairs in the market-place.
    [21:38] <Zyborg22> Ooh...chairs. Too bad I have no use for them.
    [21:39] <Foon> Neither have I, otherwise I wouldn't be selling them. But I take your point.
    [21:41] <Zyborg22> Is this your normal job, or just a one-time thing?
    [21:43] <Foon> One time thing. We needed some room for our child, so some stuff had to go up in the attic... turns out these were up there, taking up space, so... if I had known, I would have sold them a lot sooner.
    [21:45] <Zyborg22> Oh? How is this child, by the way?
    [21:47] <Foon> Coming along fine... will be out of the oven ((No, not litterally...)) in about 3 monthes time.
    [21:48] <Remus> ((Back, and heheh))
    [21:48] <Zyborg22> I hope...what gender is the baby, anyway? Well anyway, I hope said baby comes out alright.
    [21:49] <Foon> We aren't wealthy enough to pay to know that...
    [21:51] <Zyborg22> Ah. Well, I guess it doesn't really matter when you find out. Then again, I don't know that much about children.
    [21:52] <Foon> dice 1d20
    [21:52] <@WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 8; Total: 8.
    [21:52] <Foon> ((Failed the Knowledge check...)) Haven't met the right lady yet then?
    [21:55] <Foon> ((Zyborg doesn't even have a sex.))
    [21:55] <Foon> ((Gender yes, sex no.))
    [21:55] <Spheniscine> ((lol))
    [21:55] <Zyborg22> No, but that's not the real reason. I'm a warforged...I never really was a child, and I won't ever be able to have any the same way you would.
    [21:56] <Zyborg22> Oh, right. I better introduce myself. The name's Zyborg.
    [21:57] <Zyborg22> ((I eventually plan on telling him that those who killed Miz-Yiz might plan on retaliating against him, but am wondering if that would require a bluff check. I assume it would.))
    [21:57] <Foon> Foon Thick-Icing here, glad to meet you.
    [21:57] <Zyborg22> Same here.
    [21:58] <Foon> ((Yes, but since it is technically the truth I might give you a bonus.))
    [22:00] <Ruumis> ((back))
    [22:03] <Foon> ((Err... I was under the impression the conversational ball was in your court... is that true?))
    [22:04] <Zyborg22> ((Yes. I'm just having a hard time phrasing this particular sentence))
    [22:04] <Zyborg22> So...I overheard a group of outsiders talking about Miz-Yiz and and his friends, and they mentioned you.
    [22:04] <Foon> ((Take your time, just wanted to make sure we both weren't waiting for the other to type something.))
    [22:05] <Foon> Err? What were they saying?
    [22:08] <Zyborg22> They were talking about how he tried to attack that place and how they had to kill him. I believe they think that you might be involved with that.
    [22:09] <Foon> Oh dear...
    [22:09] <Foon> What do you think they might do?
    [22:14] <Zyborg22> They didn't really say. They had a list of names, though, so they might be trying to hunt down or arrest the conspirators.
    [22:14] <Zyborg22> Or at least who they think conspired.
    [22:14] <Foon> ((Let me think...))
    [22:15] <Foon> roll 1d20
    [22:15] <Foon> dice 1d20
    [22:15] <@WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 4; Total: 4.
    [22:15] <Zyborg22> ((For him or me?))
    [22:15] <Zyborg22> roll 1d20
    [22:15] <Zyborg22> dice 1d20
    [22:15] <@WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 9; Total: 9.
    [22:16] <Foon> dice 1d20
    [22:16] <@WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 13; Total: 13.
    [22:17] <Zyborg22> ((I don't roll again, do I?))
    [22:18] <Foon> ((Nope...))
    [22:19] <Foon> Well, what should... Oh! *Hahahahaha*, you are having a joke with me, right?
    [22:20] <Zyborg22> Yes...ha ha ha.
    [22:22] <Foon> You might want to work on your ability to interact with others. Laughing at tragedy can be good, but you shouldn't make jokes that involve the fact that someone died.
    [22:23] <Remus> ((Sounds like something Ruumis might like :P))
    [22:23] <Zyborg22> Hmm...I guess you're right.
    [22:23] <Zyborg22> ((Is Ruumis native to this plane by any chance?))
    [22:23] <Ruumis> (( "Death is no laughing matter." ))
    [22:23] <Ruumis> ((no, he is not))
    [22:23] <Remus> ((Human... so no))
    [22:24] <Zyborg22> ((Also, do I actually stay with the Sherrif?))
    [22:24] <Zyborg22> ((As a roommate?))
    [22:25] <Foon> ((No, you don't have a house at the moment. You are weather-proof enough it isn't very high on your list of priorities.))
    [22:26] <Zyborg22> ((Do I know the sherrif in any matter other than him releasing me from the box?))
    [22:27] <Foon> ((You know him from before you put yourself IN the box. You trusted him enough to look after you while you were unconscious...))
    [22:27] <Zyborg22> ((Oh, right.))
    [22:29] <Zyborg22> I figured he might be a touchy subject, so I thought I'd lighten the mood a bit before bringing it up. On hindsight, it was probably bad to do that with a joke involving the actual subject in question.
    [22:30] <Foon> Yes.
    [22:30] <Ruumis> ((brb))
    [22:32] <Zyborg22> Actually, a friend was talking about that incident.
    [22:32] <Zyborg22> ((BRB))
    [22:32] == Zyborg22 has changed nick to Awayborg
    [22:32] <Ruumis> (( hmm))
    [22:36] <Foon> ((What is it Ruumis?))
    [22:37] <Ruumis> ((Have to wait for Zyborg to return. :\ Was considering some "Meanwhile..." stuff))
    [22:37] <Foon> ((Ah...))
    [22:38] <Awayborg> ((Back))
    [22:38] == Awayborg has changed nick to Zyborg22
    [22:38] <Foon> ((Ok))
    [22:40] <Ruumis> ((brb. For real this time.))
    [22:40] <Remus> ((brb))
    [22:41] <Zyborg22> ((Should I say something else?))
    [22:41] <Foon> ((Yes))
    [22:41] <Foon> [22:29] <Zyborg22> I figured he might be a touchy subject, so I thought I'd lighten the mood a bit before bringing it up. On hindsight, it was probably bad to do that with a joke involving the actual subject in question. [22:30] <Foon> Yes.
    [22:42] <Zyborg22> ((And then I said: <Zyborg22> Actually, a friend was talking about that incident.))
    [22:42] <Foon> ((Oh...))
    [22:42] <Foon> What did he say
    [22:42] <Foon> ?
    [22:43] <Zyborg22> ((Where are the logs since I came in posted? The same place?))
    [22:45] <Foon> ((I didn't post the logs from last week... very sorry... but yes, the logs, including some of this week's are in the same place.))
    [22:47] <Zyborg22> He was wondering if there was someone that put him up to it.
    [22:48] <Foon> Hmmm... how do you think he meant "put him up to it"?
    [22:50] <Zyborg22> Possibly some sort of magical control or suggestion. I think it could have also been something like blackmail, but he didn't specifically mention that.
    [22:51] <Foon> Well... I hear you can tell stuff like that if you know what to look for... but I also hear you can
    [22:52] <Foon> 't, so who knows... as for blackmail... Miz-Yiz didn't seem the sort who would get up to the sort of stuff that you could blackmail someone with that bad...
    [22:53] <Zyborg22> I guess not. What about kidnapping of a loved one?
    [22:54] <Foon> Don't be rediculous... if someone was missing, it would have been noticed.
    [22:55] <Zyborg22> Oh...do you have any idea who or why would want to put him up to something like that?
    [22:57] <Foon> Who? I hate to think...
    [22:58] <Foon> Why? Well, some people, myself included, don't think we should encourage beings that can and will eat anything or anybody and ENJOY it to visit. Always going to be a few sour chocolate-oranges in the barrel, and it just isn
    [22:59] <Foon> 't worth the risk.
    [22:59] <Foon> But so far it hasn't been a problem, so MAKING a problem to prevent a POSSIBLE problem is just stupid.
    [23:00] <Foon> Take "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush." and kinda reverse it like, but to where it is still good sense... Miz-Yiz... well someone musta twisted his brains is all I can say...
    [23:01] <Foon> ((I am not playing this guy as NEARLY close enough to Miz-Yiz as you specified...))
    [23:04] <Zyborg22> Ah...almost forgot. I've also heard that [candy canes] were involved. Do you have any idea what those would have to do with him, of if that has any other meaning than the literal one?
    [23:04] <Foon> Hmm... let me think...
    [23:05] * Foon ponders visibly...
    [23:05] <Foon> Nope... no idea.
    [23:05] <Foon> Where did you hear that?
    [23:05] <Spheniscine> ((brb))
    [23:05] <Remus> ((Psst... bluff checks are your friend...))
    [23:06] <Ruumis> ((heh))
    [23:07] <Zyborg22> A cleric named Jackobson.
    [23:10] <Foon> Really? That is interesting...
    [23:10] <Foon> ((Do people need to wrap this up now? I am of two minds...))
    [23:11] <Ruumis> ((I can stay up as late as I want, tonight))
    [23:11] <Zyborg22> ((I'd like to ask if anyone thinks the meat-eaters shouldn't exist at all, but I'm not sure I want to ask so much he becomes suspicious.))
    [23:12] <Foon> ((Ruumis: Ok, but I still want to know what other people think. Zyborg: Yes, that is a quandry isn't it?))
    [23:13] <Remus> ((Eh... i can stay))
    [23:13] <Zyborg22> ((Same here.))
    [23:15] <Foon> ((I am starting to get a LITTLE shaky again, but let's keep going.))
    [23:15] <Spheniscine> ((back))
    [23:18] <Foon> ((Um, wb.))
    [23:20] <Spheniscine> ((I'm starting to get a little tired... X3))
    [23:20] <Zyborg22> Well, I hope the furniture selling works out.
    [23:20] <Foon> Thank you.
    [23:20] <Foon> You going to be in town long?
    [23:21] <Zyborg22> Probably not, to tell the truth. It's a nice town, though.
    [23:22] * Foon nods appreciatively... maybe not so nice as of two days ago...
    [23:22] <Foon> "Maybe not so nice as of two days ago..."
    [23:22] <Zyborg22> What happened then?
    [23:23] <Foon> ((You are not stupid enough to ask that question...))
    [23:23] <Foon> ((That was when the fight with Miz-Yiz happened.))
    [23:23] <Zyborg22> Just kidding :P .
    [23:23] <Zyborg22> Wait...I should stop doing that.
    [23:24] <Spheniscine> ((lol))
    [23:25] <Foon> ((Ok... remind me to give extra XPs for turning what I still suspect was a lapse of memory/story immersion into a good RP of a low charisma...))
    [23:25] <Spheniscine> ((X3))
    [23:25] <Zyborg22> ((It was. I thought the two days ago thing and the battle might have been different things.))
    [23:26] * Foon looks annoyed.
    [23:26] <Foon> Anything else you need?
    [23:28] <Zyborg22> I was going to ask if you know of anyone that would like to see the meat-people actually killed off.
    [23:28] <Ruumis> (( "They're made... Of MEAT." ))
    [23:29] <Ruumis> ((Ah, very good video short, that))
    [23:29] <Foon> If I did, I would have already told Jakobson, and if that didn
    [23:29] <Foon> 't work, the Sheriff.
    [23:30] <Zyborg22> Oh. Well..., thanks anyway. I guess I'll leave you to your chair sales. Goodbye.
    [23:31] * Zyborg22 waves to Foon as he heads off.
    [23:32] <Foon> Bye.
    [23:33] <Foon> ((Not going to do anything else significant outside the party tonight... you want to buy supplies, or talk to Jakobson or the Sheriff for some reason, that is fine, but I am not doing anyother name on the list tonight.))
    [23:34] <Spheniscine> ((Fine by me.))
    [23:34] <Zyborg22> ((That's probably a good idea. That last one took quite some time.))
    [23:34] <Spheniscine> So how'd it go, Zyborg?
    [23:34] <Zyborg22> I didn't really get much that we didn't already know.
    [23:34] <Zyborg22> By the way, do any of you want a chair?
    [23:36] <Remus> Hmm.. nah, too awkward to carry
    [23:36] <Ruumis> "I don't have a house to put chairs in."
    [23:37] <Ruumis> "That person didn't know anything then?"
    [23:38] <Zyborg22> He didn't think Miz-Yiz would actually attack without some sort of outside influence, and also doesn't think there would be anything to blackmail him with.
    [23:38] <Spheniscine> ((Eh, I think I'm just about ready to nod off here...))
    [23:39] <Zyborg22> Also, he's about to have a child.
    [23:39] <Zyborg22> And is selling chairs.
    [23:40] <Ruumis> "Chairs from this plane?"
    [23:40] <Ruumis> (( i.e. made from stuff from this plane))
    [23:40] <Spheniscine> ((I guess I'll go. Good night. :3 ))
    [23:41] <Foon> ((Good night Spheniscine))
    [23:41] <Ruumis> ((Goodnight))
    [23:41] <Zyborg22> ((Goodnight))
    [23:41] <Remus> ((Night sphen))
    [23:41] == Spheniscine [[email protected]] has quit [Bye bye: To err is human; to murr is furry. God Bless!]
    [23:42] <Ruumis> (( *pokes Zyborg22* ))
    [23:43] <Zyborg22> I think they are. He says he got them from his attic.
    [23:44] <Ruumis> "Well, unlikely someone with a family would want to start problems, usually."
    [23:44] <Ruumis> "But we didn't learn anything." :\
    [23:47] <Zyborg22> ((Is Jackobson one of those people that everyone knows and talks to?))
    [23:47] <Ruumis> "Where to next?"
    [23:47] <Remus> Guess we move to the next on the list
    [23:48] <Zyborg22> He did mention that he would have told Jackobson or the Sherrif if he knew of anyone who'd want to kill outsiders, but I'm not sure if that means anything.
    [23:50] * Ruumis shrugs
    [23:51] <Ruumis> "They'd have told us if they knew anything."
    [23:53] <Ruumis> "To the next one."
    [23:54] * Ruumis gets up into the saddle of his horse.
    [23:54] == Zyborg22_ [[email protected]] has joined #DracoD&D
    [23:54] <Foon> ((Anyway, I hope Direlda comes back next week...))
    [23:54] * Remus puts his pack back on and sighs softly, shaking his head "I was sure we'd be able to get something from him..."
    [23:54] <Remus> ((Aye))
    [23:55] <Ruumis> ((End session with us starting to travel to the next?))
    [23:55] <Foon> ((Sounds good to me.))
    [23:55] <Zyborg22_> ((Sure.))
    [23:55] <Remus> ((Sounds good))
    [23:56] <Foon> --------------------End Session-------------------------
    [23:56] <Foon> Any feedback?
    [23:56] <Ruumis> I had fun introducing Ruumis
    [23:56] <Ruumis> :)
    [23:56] == Zyborg22 [[email protected]] has quit [Ping timeout: 121 seconds]
    [23:56] == Ruumis has changed nick to Hyperion
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2010-01-22 at 11:46 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DracoDei's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Atlanta,GA USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (3.5) Elemental Plane of Candy/Candy Land play-test data.

    [20:06] <DracoGM> ------------------------------Session Start--------------------
    [20:06] <Zyborg22> So, who's the next guy on that list?
    [20:07] * Remus pulls out the list and sighs shaking his head a bit
    [20:07] <DracoGM> ((The next guy is a gardener who works part time for various people who actually have small decorative gardens. He is a Pez-Ant.))
    [20:07] <Remus> Though we could have got some more info but.... here he is
    [20:08] * Remus points out the name
    [20:08] <DracoGM> ((He is named Bock.))
    [20:09] <Zyborg22> Ok. So...where is this guy now?
    [20:09] <DracoGM> ((You have directions to the site he would be gardening at today.))
    [20:09] * Ruumis seems to be in a staring contest with his undead horse.
    [20:10] * Zyborg22 looks at the directions. "Ah."
    [20:10] * Remus raises an eyebrow at Ruumis and sighs, rolling his eyes, mumbling to himself
    [20:11] <Remus> Onward we go?
    [20:11] <Direlda> yes, let's
    [20:11] <Zyborg22> I guess so, unless any of you have any ideas of how you can join in.
    [20:12] == DracoGM has changed nick to Bock
    [20:12] <Remus> (brb, food >.>)
    [20:13] <Zyborg22> ((None of our guys have any gardens, do they?))
    [20:13] <Bock> (("Our guys?"))
    [20:13] <Zyborg22> ((The party members))
    [20:14] <Bock> ((Certainly not on THIS plane I should think))
    [20:14] <Zyborg22> Hello, there. What are you up to?
    [20:15] <Bock> Just trimming these topiaries.
    [20:15] * Bock points to the sinusoidal height sugar-canes he is apparently cutting.
    [20:16] <Zyborg22> Ok. You wouldn't need any help with that, would you?
    [20:19] <Bock> Well, I only have the one pair of shears...
    [20:20] <Zyborg22> Oh. I don't have any of my own, and I doubt you'd want me cutting on it with a dagger. I hope it goes well, then.
    [20:21] <Bock> Thank you.
    [20:21] <Direlda> you are doing a rather nice job, if I may say so myself
    [20:21] <Zyborg22> You're welcome.
    [20:21] * Bock nods.
    [20:22] <Bock> ((meaning he nodes to Direlda))
    [20:23] <Remus> ((back))
    [20:23] <Bock> Well, if you are looking for a place to stay, I can give you directions to <The Place that Miz-Yiz busted up with a little accidental help from a certain anthropomorphic sphinx... which I can't remember the name of.>.
    [20:24] <Remus> ((Pallas))
    [20:24] * Bock eyes the skeleton nervously.
    [20:24] <Remus> ((Or the place?))
    [20:24] <Bock> ((Her name I rmember... don't remember if I ever named the Juice place))
    [20:24] <Zyborg22> ((You mean Ruumis's horse, or is there some other skeleton?))
    [20:24] <Remus> ((You did, i think))
    [20:25] * Ruumis waves cheerfully at the pez-ant.
    [20:26] <Spheniscine> ((Err, why are we showing ourselves to the Pez-ant? I thought only Zyborg was supposed to talk to them?))
    [20:26] * Bock makes what you manage to recognize as the mandibled equivalent of a smile at Ruumis.
    [20:26] <Zyborg22> ((I was wondering the same thing, but Bock doesn't seem to mind.))
    [20:26] <Ruumis> ((I share Spheniscine's comment))
    [20:27] <Remus> ((I think he minds... reccomending we go somewhere that just got busted up?))
    [20:27] <Zyborg22> ((I was thinking he didn't know it was busted up...maybe not, though.))
    [20:28] <Direlda> ((I haven't quite read to the end of the session logs [almost done] and was absent last session...))
    [20:28] <Remus> ((Bad news has swift feet))
    [20:28] <Remus> ((And This is a small town, anyways))
    [20:29] <Zyborg22> ((Do I have permission to beat you all up :P ?))
    [20:29] <Remus> ((No :P))
    [20:29] <Zyborg22> ((To regain Bock's trust, I mean))
    [20:30] <Direlda> ((blame it on my wandering around on walks randomly - I am a ranger after all... ^^; ))
    [20:30] <Bock> ((I am pondering telling you to take this IC... but I guess as deference to the changes in the player roster etc I will allow this... this time...))
    [20:31] <Direlda> ((no, let's take it IC - I wandered around and didn't hear the plans and now how slightly compromised things))
    [20:31] <Direlda> ((*now I))
    [20:31] <Bock> ((IC should be even better...))
    [20:32] * Zyborg22 takes Direlda back behind the bushes.
    [20:33] <Direlda> yes?
    [20:33] <Bock> ((Probably some OTHER bushes than the one that Bock is cutting right now...))
    [20:33] <Zyborg22> ((Yes. Other bushes.))
    [20:33] <Direlda> ((heh))
    [20:34] <Zyborg22> Leave. This isn't a place for the likes of you. *wink*
    [20:35] <Direlda> Oh, sorry about that - I guess I should get a map next time I go walking
    [20:35] <Ruumis> (( "Warfoged have eyelids?" ))
    [20:35] <Bock> ((Sorry about how this is going... I think my medication is having a bad effect on me... or something.))
    [20:35] <Ruumis> ((( O: ))
    [20:36] <Zyborg22> ((Maybe. I was going for "the closest thing to a wink possible"))
    [20:36] * Direlda leaves the area
    [20:36] <Spheniscine> ((*hugs Drac*))
    [20:37] * Zyborg22 comes out of the bushes, brushing at himself as he does so.
    [20:37] <Zyborg22> There we go.
    [20:38] * Bock continues trimming the sugar-cane.

    [20:38] * Remus snaps out of the mini-trance he went into in the middle of the street and blushes, moving along "on his way"
    [20:40] <Zyborg22> Now that he's gone...you reminded me of something I was wondering about.
    [20:40] <Bock> Yeah?
    [20:42] <Zyborg22> You know Miz-Yiz, right? What could have caused him to wreck that place? It doesn't seem like something he'd do, from what I know of him.
    [20:42] * Ruumis is cloud-watching.
    [20:43] <Ruumis> ((And no, that had nothing to do with the conversation, just what he's doing while waiting))
    [20:43] * Spheniscine watches clouds with Ruumis
    [20:44] <Bock> Well, I am not really entirely sure myself...
    [20:47] <Zyborg22> Oh. I was thinking it could be magical compulsion, but I don't really know.
    [20:47] <Bock> Could be... could be.
    [20:47] <Spheniscine> ((brb))
    [20:49] * Remus sits with Spheniscine and Ruumis, playing idly with Saleth
    [20:50] <Zyborg22> I heard that [candy canes] were involved somehow.
    [20:50] <Bock> ((Back with my popcorn...))
    [20:53] <Zyborg22> I'm not sure what that means, though.
    [20:53] <Bock> Candy canes huh?
    [20:53] <Bock> Well... I tell you what...
    [20:54] <Spheniscine> ((back))
    [20:55] <Bock> I think I might actually know something about that, but it wouldn't be good to go jumping to any conclusions...
    [20:55] <Bock> Come find me tommorrow at Old Man Zich's place... I want to double check my facts. That work?
    [20:56] <Zyborg22> Sure, that works.
    [20:57] <Bock> Err... you got any ideas OTHER than magic stuff about what might have happened?
    [20:58] <Zyborg22> Possibly blackmail, but I'm not sure how likely that is.
    [20:59] <Zyborg22> Or....he wasn't the mercenary type, was he?
    [21:00] <Bock> Nope, not at all.
    [21:00] == Bock [[email protected]]
    [21:00] == realname : c-24-98-166-242.hsd1.ga.comcast.net/24.98.166.242 - http://foxnet.in/
    [21:00] == channels : #cff #cffmeetingroom #cffwarroom #DracoD&D
    [21:00] == server : WagzTail.foxnet.in [Foxnet - WagzTail]
    [21:00] == account : DracoDei
    [21:00] == idle : 0 days 0 hours 0 minutes 11 seconds [connected: Fri Feb 05 17:22:11 2010]
    [21:00] == End of WHOIS
    [21:02] <Zyborg22> Ah. Well...was he talking or meeting with anyone that might have wanted to use him for something like that?
    [21:04] <Bock> ((Ok, I can't seem to get Wagzbot to cooperate in PM, so I just got back from rolling a physical die...))
    [21:05] <Bock> ((Zyborg stops to think after his latest statement, and realizes that Bock is very angry at him right now.))
    [21:05] <Remus> ((...Knew it! XD))
    [21:05] <Bock> I don't think so.
    [21:06] <Remus> ((Never use words like "use" :P))
    [21:06] <Zyborg22> Sorry about that. I guess I'll be going, then. Bye.
    [21:07] <Bock> ...Bye.
    [21:07] * Zyborg22 leaves the premesis and goes back to the group.
    [21:08] * Remus looks up
    [21:08] <Remus> Any luck?
    [21:09] <Zyborg22> He wants me to meet him at Old Man Zich's place. He says he'll tell me about the [candy canes] there. To tell the truth, though, I'm not sure that it's not an ambush.
    [21:09] <Ruumis> "Ambushes are fun."
    [21:10] * Remus snickers
    [21:10] <Zyborg22> Not when you're by yourself and you're the one being ambushed.
    [21:10] * Remus nods
    [21:11] <Bock> ((Are there any PCs whose players aren't here, or Party NPCs I am forgetting about?))
    [21:11] == Bock has changed nick to DracoGM
    [21:11] <Direlda> hmm...
    [21:12] <Zyborg22> ((Firedrake's. Possibly Tybalt's and Pallas, though I'm not sure they count.))
    [21:12] <Zyborg22> Also, I think I dug too far into the creamy filling with that last question.
    [21:12] <DracoGM> ((Are any of those actually with the party right now?))
    [21:13] <DracoGM> ((I know Pallas isn't...))
    [21:13] <DracoGM> ((Don
    [21:13] <DracoGM> 't think Robin is either, since neither of them seemed like they would be returning to play any time soon, and neither fills a unique role in the party any more.))
    [21:14] <Remus> ((Aye, Robin's out))
    [21:14] <DracoGM> ((Tybalt... I can't remember...))
    [21:15] <Spheniscine> Who's Tybalt?
    [21:16] <DracoGM> ((Kamden's character apparently: http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/....php?cid=32155 ))
    [21:16] <Remus> I may be able to help...
    [21:16] <Zyborg22> Hmm?
    [21:18] <Remus> I can have Saleth tag along, to deliver either Invisibility or Mage Armor if you need it...
    [21:19] <Zyborg22> Maybe. That might raise suspicion, though, since he's also an outsider.
    [21:21] <DracoGM> ((Mage Armor wouldn't help him, since it overlaps, rather than stacking, with his armor bonus.))
    [21:21] <Remus> ((Ack... you're right >.>))
    [21:23] <Direlda> yeah... it sounds like you'll be on your own, unless you have a way to signal us
    [21:23] <DracoGM> ((Also, I suggest you re-read the upscroll... unless I mis-typed something you are missing a small but critical tactical point about the situation.))
    [21:24] <Remus> ((The ambush part?))
    [21:24] <DracoGM> ((Actually, never mind...))
    [21:25] <Remus> ((No, taking that into account. Invis would be a way to distract and possibly confuse them long enough for him to get away))
    [21:25] <Zyborg22> What do we know about Old Man Zich's place, anyway?
    [21:26] <DracoGM> ((I though he told you more than he did, but now I look back I realize he wouldn't have told you anything more than that, and that you aren't going against anything that was said.))
    [21:26] <Remus> ((Ah))
    [21:26] <Zyborg22> And why would he want to meet there?
    [21:27] * Remus looks to Ruumis
    [21:27] * Ruumis looks at Remus
    [21:28] * Direlda shrugs
    [21:28] <Remus> Just thought you might know, Ruumis >.>
    [21:28] * Remus glares and looks away
    [21:29] <Remus> ((Brb))
    [21:31] <DracoGM> ((I thought Ruumis was just a wandering cleric?))
    [21:32] <Zyborg22> So, should we scout it out ahead of time or ask someone else about it?
    [21:33] * Ruumis shrugs
    [21:34] <Remus> ((back))
    [21:35] <Ruumis> "If you guys wish to."
    [21:37] <Zyborg22> Which one, though? I'm personally leaning toward asking the sherrif.
    [21:37] <Direlda> I think asking the Sherrif would be a good idea
    [21:39] <Zyborg22> Maybe we'll look around Zich's place if the Sherrif doesn't know anything.
    [21:39] * Remus nods
    [21:40] <Remus> Ask first, who knows what is there
    [21:40] <Spheniscine> ((nods))
    [21:42] <DracoGM> You go back to the Sheriff's place. He tells you that Old Man Zich is a Pez-Ant who by din't of careful saving owns a rather nice cottage near the center of town. Zich is almost blind with age, and pleasantly senile.
    [21:42] <DracoGM> The Sheriff is FAIRLY sure that Zich is one of Bock's clients.
    [21:43] <Zyborg22> That would explain why he wants me to meet him there.
    [21:45] <Direlda> sounds like it's an ideal place to discuss things without being overheard or suspected
    [21:45] == DracoGM has changed nick to Sheriff
    [21:45] <Sheriff> Yep.
    [21:45] <Zyborg22> Though it only makes me feel slightly better about it.
    [21:47] <Sheriff> Well, I could go with you, but that would be a little obvious I should think...
    [21:47] <Sheriff> Of course,
    [21:47] <Sheriff> "obvious" might be Ok...
    [21:47] <Direlda> I don't know...
    [21:48] <Direlda> hmm... is there anywhere close by where we could wait without being suspicious?
    [21:49] <Sheriff> Right in the middle of the road a few hundred paces down the road might not be TOO suspicious... I AM the sheriff after all... I am supposed to wander around at random sometimes... and I guess I could be talking to you... we might have to figure out what to talk about ahead of time though.
    [21:50] <Sheriff> And I don't know if that is quite unsuspicious enough...
    [21:51] <Direlda> not really...
    [21:51] <Sheriff> I guess we could try sneaking around the backs of the houses... or maybe the house that backs up to Old Man Zich's... although that might make the timing harder.
    [21:51] <Sheriff> If I were to wander by about an hour before, and again just a little after that, going the other way... say after imposing on someone at random to invite me in for a cup of tea... and pay them for their troubles...
    [21:52] <Sheriff> Well, I might be able to spot an ambush...
    [21:52] <Sheriff> Just based on who is hanging around both times...
    [21:52] <Sheriff> Although the timing on that may be wrong...
    [21:52] <Sheriff> Never done anything much like this before.
    [21:53] <Direlda> well... that's the best idea I've heard so far that keeps the suspicion down
    [21:53] * Spheniscine nods
    [21:54] <Zyborg22> I agree.
    [21:55] <Ruumis> ((Hmm... How much longer is this going to be?))
    [21:55] <Sheriff> ((I can go another hour... what about everyone else?))
    [21:55] <Remus> ((Same))
    [21:55] <Zyborg22> I can.
    [21:55] <Ruumis> ((Because I haven't had dinner yet, so... Was wondering.))
    [21:55] <Spheniscine> ((nods))
    [21:56] <Ruumis> ((And the dinning hall closes in an hour))
    [21:56] <Sheriff> ((Ah, go then...))
    [21:56] <Direlda> ((don't let us keep you from eating))
    [21:56] <Sheriff> ((We can call it, or the rest of you can keep planning tactics...))
    [21:57] <Direlda> ((either way is fine by me))
    [21:58] <Sheriff> ((Bye Ruumis))
    [21:58] <Sheriff> ((What about you Zyborg, Remus, and Direlda?))
    [21:58] <Zyborg22> ((I could go on))
    [21:58] <Remus> ((I am albe to continue, though... hmm...))
    [21:58] <Direlda> ((I can keep going))
    [21:58] == Ruumis has changed nick to Hyperion[away]
    [21:58] <Sheriff> ((Err... Spheniscine, since Direlda already answered.))
    [21:59] <Spheniscine> ((yep))
    [21:59] <Sheriff> ((What is it Remus?))
    [22:00] <Remus> ((Just thinking about what there is to do, even :P))
    [22:00] <Sheriff> ((Contingency plans? Where the REST of you will be when Zyborg makes contact?))
    [22:01] <Spheniscine> ((Hmm...))
    [22:04] <Sheriff> ((Eh, go for it to the extent you feel like, people can leave when they like... I will try to have the Sheriff make semi-intellegent comments as indicated, but I may be even more distracted than I have been up until now if things are going slow.))
    [22:05] <Direlda> ((righto))
    [22:05] <Direlda> so where would a good place for us to wait?
    [22:06] <Direlda> oh! how far away is the inn from Zich's house?
    [22:06] <Spheniscine> :3
    [22:07] <Zyborg22> You're not going to sleep while I'm there, are you?
    [22:07] <Direlda> of course not
    [22:08] <Direlda> I'm more likely to get the traveling itch and go walking than fall asleep on you
    [22:09] <Spheniscine> lol
    [22:09] <Zyborg22> Didn't think so, actually.
    [22:11] <Sheriff> ((The Inn is about half a mile from Zich's house))
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DracoDei's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Atlanta,GA USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (3.5) Elemental Plane of Candy/Candy Land play-test data.

    [22:14] <Zyborg22> ((Be right back.))
    [22:14] == Zyborg22 has changed nick to Awayborg
    [22:17] <Sheriff> Well, I can still yell pretty loud... I might be able to get you into the house that is back to back with Zich's before Bock even arrives...
    [22:17] <Direlda> hmm...
    [22:22] <Sheriff> Then if I see trouble, I let out a yelp...
    [22:23] * Remus nods
    [22:27] == Hyperion[away] has changed nick to Ruumis
    [22:27] <Sheriff> And you come out the back door... if their is one... don't remember... anyway, you come out and jump the fence or whatever to rush in from the back.
    [22:28] <Ruumis> "I can cast the same spell on Zyborg before yhe goes."
    [22:28] <Ruumis> (( *he ))
    [22:28] <Remus> Which spell?
    [22:28] <Remus> oh...
    [22:30] == Awayborg has changed nick to Zyborg22
    [22:30] <Sheriff> ((Which spell? Invisibility??))
    [22:30] <Ruumis> (( Status))
    [22:30] <Direlda> ((wb))
    [22:30] <Sheriff> ((Oh...))
    [22:32] <Sheriff> But... what if he wants to go off to some more private place to talk?
    [22:33] <Sheriff> I mean the time he gave you does sound like a plausible time for him to be stopping working...
    [22:35] <Zyborg22> Me, or Bock? I don't think Bock would notice.
    [22:36] <Direlda> I'm thinking this is more of a private talk sort of meeting, to keep safe
    [22:36] <Sheriff> I mean what if Bock, for intentions good or ill is just using Zich's place as a redevous, and wants to go talk some place more private?
    [22:37] <Direlda> hmm... that would make things difficult
    [22:38] == Ruumis [[email protected]] has quit [Ping timeout: 121 seconds]
    [22:39] <Zyborg22> I'm not that much on the up and up on this magic stuff, but wouldn't Status let you know if I moved?
    [22:40] == Ruumis [[email protected]] has joined #DracoD&D
    [22:40] <Zyborg22> Wait...the up and up? What was I thinking when I said that?
    [22:41] <Sheriff> Ruumis: Yes, yes it would.
    [22:41] <Ruumis> ((Huh?))
    [22:41] <Zyborg22> ((I think he's responding to Direlda and got you two mixed.))
    [22:42] <Direlda> ((he could be responding to you, Zyborg22))
    [22:42] <Zyborg22> ((Possibly))
    [22:42] <Ruumis> ((he was filling in for me while I was pinged out, I think))
    [22:43] <Direlda> ((hmm...))
    [22:43] <Remus> ((Makes sense, Ruumis...))
    [22:43] <Ruumis> ((Since that would be his response to Zyborg))
    [22:43] <Ruumis> ((Anyway))
    [22:44] <Ruumis> "Anyway."
    [22:46] <Sheriff> ((I was filling in for him since he missed the comment that would have prompted that response...))
    [22:48] <Direlda> ((righto))
    [22:52] <Ruumis> ((Everyone done or is there more planning?))
    [22:53] <Direlda> ((I guess I'm done...))
    [22:53] <Sheriff> ((Well, it seems to ME that things have peetered out...))
    [22:53] <Remus> ((I'm done... heh, lemme rearrange my spells though, cause we'll resume tomorrow, right?))
    [22:53] <Direlda> ((wait, resume tomorrow?))
    [22:54] <Zyborg22> ((Tommorow in-story.
    [22:54] <Sheriff> ((Yeah... game time... next week real time.))
    [22:54] <Direlda> (( ^^; I do have issues with time...))
    [22:54] <Spheniscine> ((OK.))
    [22:54] * Spheniscine hugs everyone in-game
    [22:55] <Spheniscine> ((Do I have to roll for that? Just kidding. :p))
    [22:55] <Direlda> ((heh))
    [22:56] <Sheriff> ((Well, if any of them wanted to try to dodge or escape, you would... I have actually had a situation where that came up...))
    [22:56] <Sheriff> -----------------End Session------------------------
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2010-02-05 at 10:44 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DracoDei's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Atlanta,GA USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (3.5) Elemental Plane of Candy/Candy Land play-test data.

    Other information on this campaign, especially cosmology, may be found HERE.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ah-lass-caw!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (3.5) Elemental Plane of Candy/Candy Land play-test data.

    When I starting speed-reading this, the first thing that came to mind was the old cookie-themed level from a Mickey Mouse & Donald Duck game for my Genesis. The good old days.

    The second thought was, "I have got to find a way to dump the players in this one of these sessions."
    With a lack of inner/outer planes in the D&D sense in the campaign setting, a few options are viable:
    1) Massive drug trip. The party must have ate something bad, or an assassination gone wrong.
    2) Linked dream. Although from previous experience dream-worlds are bad with my group.
    3) Generic Psycho-Wizard A had fun with a few independently researched spells.
    4) Somebody hit the party with a hallucinogenic alchemical weapon during combat and the whole candyland session actually takes place over a couple rounds.
    5) The gods kept it secret, there is an actual outer plane linked the the prime material called 'candyland'.
    6) Or, put this idea on the back burner for a few more sessions until the current adventure rolls to a close.


    I'm partial to #4.
    Custom Lycanthropes Follows all rules.
    XXXGrimlock, Were-tyrannosaurus warforged. CR 13, ECL 20
    XXXLigear Ohmai, Werebear anthro tiger lion barbarian. CR 18

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DracoDei's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Atlanta,GA USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (3.5) Elemental Plane of Candy/Candy Land play-test data.

    Glad you like it.

    I suggest #6.

    Just to make sure that you understand what I did and did not create myself here:
    Have you looked at at least the thread I originally contributed the Pez-Ants to? I basically kept the basic terrain/biology of the plane, but completely changed who is running it.

    Secondarily we have THIS thread that was focused on silliness, but a lot of that included candy.


    Minor threads as follows:
    d8 that didn't go anywhere
    d20 that didn't go anywhere
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Banned
     
    imp_fireball's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (3.5) Elemental Plane of Candy/Candy Land play-test data.

    Mod delete this post. Moved.
    Last edited by imp_fireball; 2010-02-06 at 09:20 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DracoDei's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Atlanta,GA USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (3.5) Elemental Plane of Candy/Candy Land play-test data.

    Quote Originally Posted by imp_fireball View Post
    How'd you save the entire log?

    Is there a log file for all IRC conversations performed by the given user?

    If so, then I could probably draw up an old adventure I ran (didn't go very far).
    Depends on which program you use if it even CAN log, and even then it has to be on... (not sure what the defaults for different IRC accessing programs are). Check your documentation, or at least specify which program/method you are using. The other choice might be to search all files on your computer for a phrase you remember from the game. Then, if that those steps don't work, ask all the other participants if they kept logs.

    For the future, note that some web-client-portal-thingies DON'T keep logs, but DO allow cut and paste, but be careful and copy the new stuff into a text file on your computer frequently if you use that method, because getting disconnected or falling too far behind may wipe the up-scroll. Also, some web-portals don't give you much indication that you HAVE copied stuff... as soon as you let go of the mouse the highlighting goes away... but what was highlighted is now in the copy/paste buffer.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2010-02-06 at 06:40 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Banned
     
    imp_fireball's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (3.5) Elemental Plane of Candy/Candy Land play-test data.

    Mod delete this post. Moved.
    Last edited by imp_fireball; 2010-02-06 at 09:20 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Banned
     
    imp_fireball's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (3.5) Elemental Plane of Candy/Candy Land play-test data.

    Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    Unless that has something to do with the Elemental Plane of Candy, you should probably move that to your own thread.
    Good idea.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DracoDei's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Atlanta,GA USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (3.5) Elemental Plane of Candy/Candy Land play-test data.

    A LOT OF THIS SESSION HAPPENED IN PM WITH ZYBORG. THAT WILL BE PUT IN THE NEXT POST FOR NOW, AND MAYBE LATER I WILL INTERLACE THEM.


    [20:46] <@DracoGM> ((Game will be starting in PM with Zyborg, so the rest of you chill, this shouldn't take long.))
    [20:46] <@DracoGM> ((You are all standing by the back door of the house that backs up to Zich's, except Zyborg, who is going in the front.))
    [20:47] *** DracoGM is now known as Bock
    [20:47] <Direlda> ((looks like the ceremony starts at 6.00pm PST, but won't be on television until 7.30pm... or something like that))
    [20:48] <Ruumis> ((And we did agree that Ruumis would re-cast Status on Zyborg before he went, yes?))
    [20:48] <@Bock> 1d20
    [20:48] <@Bock> dice 1d20
    [20:48] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 11; Total: 11.
    [20:49] <@Bock> dice 1d20
    [20:49] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 11; Total: 11.
    [20:49] <Remus> ((Aye))
    [20:52] <@Bock> Ruumis: You sense, through your spell, that Zyborg is on the move... reversed course very soon after getting to Zich's house... certainly didn't go inside.
    [20:54] <Ruumis> "He is moving elsewhere. I take it you want to follow?"
    [20:54] <@Bock> dice 1d20
    [20:54] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 15; Total: 15.
    [20:54] <@Bock> dice 1d20
    [20:54] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 11; Total: 11.
    [20:54] * Remus bites his lip a bit
    [20:54] <Remus> Wait a few moments, then yes
    [20:54] <Remus> but at a distance
    [20:55] <Direlda> yeah... at a distance
    [20:56] <Remus> And be prepared to hide at any moment
    [20:56] <Ruumis> "How large a distance?"
    [20:56] <Remus> Out of sight, actually, Ruumis can guide us with the spell
    [20:57] <Ruumis> "Whatever you say, your friend, not mine."
    [20:58] <@Bock> You are soon out of town, and trying to sneak through crops when bends in the road don't hide you from Bock.
    [20:59] <@Bock> dice 1d20
    [20:59] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 8; Total: 8.
    [20:59] <@Bock> dice 1d20
    [20:59] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 18; Total: 18.
    [21:00] <Zyborg22> ((Are we supposed to know what those are for, or is it only public because Wagz won't let you do it privately?))
    [21:00] <@Bock> ((The second case))
    [21:01] <Zyborg22> ((Ok.))
    [21:01] <@Bock> dice 1d20
    [21:01] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 7; Total: 7.
    [21:01] <@Bock> dice 1d20
    [21:01] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 7; Total: 7.
    [21:03] <@Bock> dice 1d20
    [21:03] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 18; Total: 18.
    [21:04] <Ruumis> (( ... Did I bring the skeleton horse, or leave it at the sheriff's place?))
    [21:08] <@Bock> ((It is at the back-door neighbors... you wanted to be able to pursue quickly if Zyborg left in a hurry, but as it turned out, you favored stealth over speed, and the horse attracts a LOT of attention.))
    [21:08] <Ruumis> ((Right.))
    [21:10] <Zyborg22> dice 1d20
    [21:10] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 4; Total: 4.
    [21:10] <@Bock> ((LEt me check the rules for Status... and maybe a few other things.))
    [21:11] <@Bock> Eh... everyone BUT Zyborg, make me listen checks...
    [21:11] <@Bock> dice 1d20
    [21:11] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 20; Total: 20.
    [21:11] <@Bock> dice 1d20
    [21:11] <Zyborg22> ((Ouch))
    [21:11] <Ruumis> dice 1d20
    [21:11] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 9; Total: 9.
    [21:11] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 9; Total: 9.
    [21:11] <Ruumis> (( That's 14 total for me.))
    [21:13] <Remus> (15+9 = 24))
    [21:15] <Direlda> dice 1d20
    [21:15] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 9; Total: 9.
    [21:15] <@Bock> dice 2d20
    [21:15] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 9:9; Total: 18.
    [21:15] <Direlda> (total of 20)
    [21:18] <@Bock> dice 1d20
    [21:18] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 6; Total: 6.
    [21:18] <@Bock> ((Spheniscine hears nothing.))
    [21:19] <@Bock> '
    [21:19] *** Bock is now known as Draco
    [21:20] <@Draco> Direlda hears a non-biological yelp (so probably from Zyborg), followed by the impact of wood on wood (perhaps a door slamming) and then several thumps.
    [21:20] <WagzBot> Draco: 26 weeks 20 hours ago <Cho> Wagzbot tell Draco all right, I look forward to hearing it.
    [21:20] <WagzBot> Draco: 21 weeks 5 days ago <AzariahWolf> wagzbot: tell draco that that's absolutely stupid
    [21:21] *** Draco is now known as DracoGM
    [21:21] <Remus> ((Did i hear it too, then?))
    [21:21] <Direlda> this doesn't sound good
    [21:22] <@DracoGM> ((Yes.))
    [21:22] <@DracoGM> ((You both heard it.))
    [21:22] <Remus> Yeah... get ready and let's move up a bit
    [21:23] * Ruumis hums to himself and does so.
    [21:24] * Remus starts to prepare a spell and moves up
    [21:25] * Ruumis has his shield on his arm but no weapon out.
    [21:26] <@DracoGM> ((How fast are you moving? Sneaking, or trotting?))
    [21:27] <Remus> ((Err... sneaking))
    [21:27] <@DracoGM> ((And are you all sticking together, or are those of you who aren't slowed by your armor or whatever moving ahead of the ones who aren't naturally as quick, or are slowed by their armor or equipment?))
    [21:28] * Direlda looks around for a path that provides cover
    [21:28] <Direlda> dice 1d20
    [21:28] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 14; Total: 14.
    [21:29] <Direlda> ((would this be spot or search?))
    [21:32] <@DracoGM> ((Probably Spot... or part of Hide, but...))
    [21:32] <Direlda> ((14+11 = 25 if spot ))
    [21:36] <Ruumis> ((brb))
    [21:37] * @DracoGM considers awarding Zyborg bonus XPs for creative combat tactics, but also wonders how much of the work Zyborg really did...
    [21:37] <Ruumis> ((back))
    [21:38] * Remus speeds up to a trot
    [21:39] <Ruumis> ((If Zyborg managed to get injured, I should be aware, I think. If not, then he's doing well.))
    [21:39] <@DracoGM> Direlda: You spot a good path, and point it out to everyone with hand signals... unfortunately that also slows you down some... +2 to hide checks while approaching where Zyborg stopped, but half movement for all party members since you did that... (probably not a big deal)))
    [21:39] <@DracoGM> ((Zyborg is so far uninjured...))
    [21:40] * Remus switches and follows Direlda
    [21:40] <Direlda> dice 1d20
    [21:40] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 16; Total: 16.
    [21:40] <Ruumis> ((Righto, Ruumis is just following the others, he isn't particularly attached to Zyborg.))
    [21:40] <Direlda> ((16+2+10=28 for hide))
    [21:41] * Direlda cautiously approaches the scene, trying to stay alert
    [21:41] <Remus> ((9+11+2 = 22 for hide))
    [21:41] <@DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [21:41] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 6; Total: 6.
    [21:42] <@DracoGM> Everyone hears more pounding.
    [21:44] <@DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [21:44] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 1; Total: 1.
    [21:45] * Remus peeks onto the scene cautiously
    [21:48] <@DracoGM> Remus risks a quick peek at your objective.
    [21:52] <@DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [21:52] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 18; Total: 18.
    [21:54] <Direlda> ((so where are we currently?))
    [21:54] <Zyborg22> dice 1d20
    [21:54] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 1; Total: 1.
    [21:55] <Zyborg22> ((Stupid dice :P )
    [21:55] <Direlda> ((not a one!))
    [21:58] <Ruumis> (( "Don't make me get out the grapple rules, you." ))
    [21:59] <@DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [21:59] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 19; Total: 19.
    [22:00] <@DracoGM> Remus: Make another hide check...
    [22:00] <Remus> ((29 [16+11+2]))
    [22:00] <@DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [22:00] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 12; Total: 12.
    [22:04] <Zyborg22> 1d20
    [22:04] <Zyborg22> dice 1d20
    [22:04] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 20; Total: 20.
    [22:04] * Remus whispers to Direlda, "I think Zy may be trapped inside"
    [22:05] <Zyborg22> 1d20
    [22:05] <Zyborg22> dice 1d20
    [22:05] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 5; Total: 5.
    [22:05] * Direlda signals an acknowledgement with hand/forepaw signals
    [22:06] * Ruumis prepares to cast Shield of Faith on himself and waits for the others before acting.
    [22:07] <Zyborg22> dice 1d6
    [22:07] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 2; Total: 2.
    [22:07] <@DracoGM> dice 2d20
    [22:07] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 18:1; Total: 19.
    [22:08] <@DracoGM> Zyborg's status is now "Injured".
    [22:08] <@DracoGM> dice 1d8
    [22:08] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 8; Total: 8.
    [22:08] * Direlda whispers to Remus, "did you see anyone outside guarding?"
    [22:08] <Ruumis> "Unless your friend is clumsy, I believe he has been hurt by someone in there."
    [22:09] <Remus> One pez-ant, and in that case Ruumis, we move now
    [22:09] <@DracoGM> You hear the pounding again, but much louder.
    [22:09] <Remus> *Remus Whispers back*
    [22:09] * Direlda pulls out his bow
    [22:10] <@DracoGM> Ok, everyone who hasn't already, roll initiative...
    [22:10] <Direlda> dice 1d20
    [22:10] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 11; Total: 11.
    [22:10] <Ruumis> dice 1d20
    [22:10] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 20; Total: 20.
    [22:11] <Ruumis> ((Wooh, natural 20 ))
    [22:11] <@DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [22:11] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 20; Total: 20.
    [22:11] <Ruumis> ((But on initiative, so, eh. ))
    [22:11] <Direlda> ((11+3=14 initiative))
    [22:11] <Remus> ((17 + 4 = 21))
    [22:11] <Ruumis> ((hmm))
    [22:11] <Ruumis> ((My total is 19, not sure if 20s do anything for initiative, don't remember))
    [22:14] <Ruumis> ((Doesn't look like it.))
    [22:15] <Ruumis> ((So a 19 for Ruumis's initiative.))
    [22:16] <Zyborg22> dice 1d20
    [22:16] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 11; Total: 11.
    [22:20] <@DracoGM> Spheniscine stands up and double moves forward.
    [22:20] <@DracoGM> Remus: Your turn.
    [22:21] <@DracoGM> You are 75 feet away from Bock, who appears to have just finished hammering a third door-stop into the door, as high up as he can reach.
    [22:21] <@DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [22:21] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 4; Total: 4.
    [22:21] <@DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [22:21] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 11; Total: 11.
    [22:21] <Remus> ((one moment. phone >.<))
    [22:22] <@DracoGM> He is alerted by the sound of Spheniscines approaching foot-paws.
    [22:22] <Remus> ((Remind me of the rules governing what i can summon, regarding alignment?))
    [22:23] <Ruumis> ((Celestial creatures, they're listed in the spell))
    [22:23] <@DracoGM> ((Anything that is neither Lawful nor Good))
    [22:23] <Ruumis> ((huh?))
    [22:23] <@DracoGM> ((I mean neither Lawful nor EVIL.))
    [22:24] <Ruumis> ((Right. So a celestial creature, which are neutral good.))
    [22:24] * Remus casts Summon Monster II
    [22:24] <@DracoGM> ((Grrr... and I thought it was REMUS asking that...))
    [22:24] <Remus> ((It was me))
    [22:24] <@DracoGM> Ok, Remus starts casting SM II.
    [22:24] * Remus is hanging back a bit
    [22:24] <@DracoGM> ((TEll me when you figure out what you are summoning Remus))
    [22:25] <Remus> ((Celestial Eagle))
    [22:25] <@DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [22:25] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 15; Total: 15.
    [22:25] <@DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [22:25] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 16; Total: 16.
    [22:26] <@DracoGM> ((Incidently, Spheniscine is trailing shadows behind and around him, as is usually the case when he is in a fight and moving.))
    [22:27] <@DracoGM> RUUMIS!
    [22:28] * Ruumis moves out of the trees while drawing his crossbow. "Behold! The power of cheese!" *fires his completely not-cheese crossbow at Bock*
    [22:29] <@DracoGM> ((Ruumis, you can actually summon whatever you want, since you are true-neutral...))
    [22:29] <@DracoGM> roll to hit.
    [22:29] <Ruumis> dice 1d20
    [22:29] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 18; Total: 18.
    [22:29] <Ruumis> (( 26 ))
    [22:29] <Ruumis> ((errr))
    [22:29] <Ruumis> ((no))
    [22:29] <Ruumis> ((wrong sheet))
    [22:29] <@DracoGM> That is a hit.
    [22:29] <Ruumis> ((21 ))
    [22:29] <@DracoGM> Roll damage.
    [22:30] <Ruumis> ((21 still hits?))
    [22:30] <Ruumis> dice 1d8
    [22:30] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 2; Total: 2.
    [22:30] <Ruumis> ((aww))
    [22:30] <@DracoGM> ((Lets see... first range increment probably, small target possibly with a dex bonus, but NO armor, and DEFINITELY no magical protections... yes, a 21 hits.))
    [22:30] <Ruumis> ((right.))
    [22:31] <@DracoGM> DIRELDA!
    [22:31] <Direlda> ((hmm))
    [22:32] <Direlda> ((is it just Bock outside?))
    [22:32] <@DracoGM> ((yes))
    [22:32] <Ruumis> (( *considers preparing Summon Undead I the next in-game day* ))
    [22:33] * Direlda steps out of the trees with an arrow nocked and pointed at Bock
    [22:33] <@DracoGM> ((I will call that Holding action.))
    [22:34] <Direlda> ((yeah...))
    [22:34] *** DracoGM is now known as Bock
    [22:34] * @Bock falls to the ground in surrender, dropping the hammer.
    [22:35] <@Bock> "Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! I am trying to help! Please don't hurt me!" (To Spheniscine and Ruumis mostly).
    [22:35] <@Bock> dice 1d20
    [22:35] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 20; Total: 20.
    [22:35] * Direlda points his bow towards the ground in a safe position
    [22:36] <Remus> ((Can make checks at any time?))
    [22:36] * Ruumis looks around to see if there were anyone else.
    [22:37] <@Bock> ((Passive checks may be made at any time...))
    [22:37] <@Bock> dice 1d20
    [22:37] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 7; Total: 7.
    [22:37] <Remus> ((Bluff check?))
    [22:37] <@Bock> ((What sort of a Bluff are you trying to perpetuate?))
    [22:38] <@Bock> ((Or did you perhaps mean Sense Motive?))
    [22:38] <Remus> ((...yeah))
    [22:38] * Ruumis reloads his crossbow and moves to the door while keeping it pointed at Bock.
    [22:38] <Direlda> "What happened here?"
    [22:39] <Remus> ((21 (18+3)))
    [22:39] <@Bock> Roll it, but you are at a penalty because you are 75 feet away.
    [22:39] <Ruumis> ((or is initiative still going? In which case I haven't acted yet.))
    [22:40] <@Bock> ((We are still going by initiative, and I thought you fired the crossbow bolt...))
    [22:40] <Remus> ((Wait.... i may not be able to make that check, i'm still casting SMII))
    [22:41] <Ruumis> ((meant, hadn't moved after shooting him the first time))
    [22:41] <@Bock> ((Casting doesn't interfere with Sense Motive.))
    [22:41] <Remus> ((I would assume that check require brainpower of some sort, and probably would need to break concentration to make it))
    [22:41] <Remus> ((Alright))
    [22:42] <Ruumis> ((Well, tell me when it's my turn or whatever))
    [22:42] <@Bock> ((I could see some GMs ruling it the way you say... but since you aren't defenseless, you aren't THAT distracted... no harder than singing along to the music while waltzing and then figuring out if you trust what someone shouted.))
    [22:44] <@Bock> ((We are still in the first round of initiative for you guys... the order is Spheniscine, Remus, Gingerbread Terrorist, Ruumis, Bock, Direlda (delaying), Zyborg.))
    [22:44] <Remus> ((Gingerbread terrorist... that's foreboding o.o))
    [22:45] <Direlda> ((just eat hs legs...))
    [22:45] <Ruumis> ((heh))
    [22:45] <Remus> ((hehe))
    [22:47] <@Bock> ((Ruumus, were you saying you wanted to close 20 feet after firing?
    [22:48] <@Bock> ))
    [22:49] <Ruumis> ((Was going to move closer to the door my next turn, yes))
    [22:49] <@Bock> ((Ok, well your second turn isn't yet.))
    [22:49] <Ruumis> ((Indeed))
    [22:49] <Zyborg22> I found what he meant by <candy canes>! Hurry up and see for yourselves!
    [22:50] *** Bock is now known as Spheniscine
    [22:50] *** -NickServ- This nickname is registered and protected. If it is your
    [22:50] *** -NickServ- nick, type /msg NickServ IDENTIFY password. Otherwise,
    [22:50] *** -NickServ- please choose a different nick.
    [22:50] <@Spheniscine> Knock, Knock! Who's their?
    [22:50] <@Spheniscine> LIGHTNING BOLT!
    [22:50] <@Spheniscine> dice 3d6
    [22:51] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 3:6:6; Total: 15.
    [22:51] *** Spheniscine is now known as DracoGM
    [22:51] <@DracoGM> And now I need to look up how much damage that will do to the door...
    [22:51] *** Zyborg22 is now known as Spheniscine
    [22:51] *** Spheniscine is now known as Zyborg22
    [22:52] <Ruumis> ((Electricity does half damage to objects, wood has hardness 5 ))
    [22:56] <@DracoGM> 2.5 points of damage... it has 15 total hitpoints... after 7.5 points of damage it will become easier to break with a strength check... Spheniscine picked the wrong method...
    [22:57] <@DracoGM> Spheniscine moves next to the door and gets set up to take a swing with his giant mallet.
    [22:57] <@DracoGM> REmus summons an eagle.
    [22:57] <@DracoGM> REmus, where are you putting the eagle, and what are you going to do THIS round?
    [22:57] <Remus> ((How far away from me can i put it?))
    [22:58] <@DracoGM> ((Look up the spell... it will have a range on it...))
    [22:58] <@DracoGM> dice 2d20
    [22:58] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 5:7; Total: 12.
    [22:58] <Ruumis> ((25+5/2lvl))
    [22:58] <@DracoGM> ((So 45 feet.
    [22:59] <@DracoGM> Ok, well you put it 35 feet from the door, but the question is what does it do this round... dive bomb the door? Attack Bock? circle above the door?
    [23:00] <Remus> Hover above Bock and strike if he does anything threatening
    [23:01] * Remus approaches Bock and the door
    [23:01] <Remus> ((BRB))
    [23:03] <@DracoGM> ((Well, we will see what Remus himself was doing when he gets back...))
    [23:04] <@DracoGM> For now it is Direlda's action if he wants it, and Ruumis's if Direlda is still Holding...
    [23:04] * Direlda moves towards the door
    [23:05] <Ruumis> ((That all, or doing some other action?))
    [23:05] <@DracoGM> Ok, you are now 15 feet from Bock/the Door.
    [23:05] <@DracoGM> ((Double move I am assuming...))
    [23:05] <@DracoGM> ((He was 75 feet away.))
    [23:06] <Direlda> ((yeah double move))
    [23:06] <@DracoGM> RUUMIS! Your go.
    [23:06] * Ruumis moves forward and reloads his crossbow. He is still looking around to see if Bock was alone.
    [23:07] <@DracoGM> dice 2d20
    [23:07] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 5:15; Total: 20.
    [23:07] <@DracoGM> You see no-one but your companions (the windows of the house aren't pricy enough to be transparent, rather than translucent).
    [23:08] <@DracoGM> Ok, you close to 35 feet (since you are slower in armor).
    [23:09] <@DracoGM> Bock: "Just let me get out of here! Please?"
    [23:09] <Ruumis> "Why did you imprison the spider?"
    [23:09] <Remus> ((BAck))
    [23:10] <@DracoGM> "I don't know what you are talking about! I heard a fight, and was trying to break down the door!"
    [23:10] * Remus moved all the way, and is now standing a few feet away from Bock
    [23:10] <@DracoGM> ((Remus: What did you do with YOUR action this round?))
    [23:10] <@DracoGM> ((Ok, another Double move)
    [23:11] <@DracoGM> ((Your swift fox-like legs mean you can close the entire distance as you like...))
    [23:11] <@DracoGM> ((BTW, you DID all hear Zyborgs shout from inside...))
    [23:12] <Ruumis> "Then why were you hammering wedges into the door edge?"
    [23:12] <Remus> ((Wait, then did i double move or not?))
    [23:12] <@DracoGM> "I don't know what you are talking about!"
    [23:13] <@DracoGM> ((You double moved, just you can be right in front of him, right next to the door and to his right, or even, since he is cowering, standing practically on top of him to be in melee range of the door.))
    [23:14] <@DracoGM> 2d20
    [23:14] <@DracoGM> dice 2d20
    [23:14] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 8:9; Total: 17.
    [23:14] * Remus is standing in melee range, then, eyes flicking between Bock and the door
    [23:16] <@DracoGM> I mean BRICK!
    [23:16] <@DracoGM> Sphenscine: "I mean BRICK!"
    [23:16] <@DracoGM> A brick appears out of no-where and hits the door.
    [23:16] <@DracoGM> dice 2d6
    [23:16] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 6:6; Total: 12.
    [23:16] <@DracoGM> Nice...
    [23:17] <@DracoGM> The brick hits the door like it was thrown by a rioting seasoned veteran anarchist.
    [23:18] <Ruumis> ((heh))
    [23:20] <@DracoGM> The door has several large cracks in it, that look like they MIGHT yeild under sudden pressure. ((More than half HP gone, so -2 to the DC of break checks.
    [23:20] <@DracoGM> REMUS!
    [23:20] <Remus> ((Would the belt be useful here or does it have to be a strong sudden hit?))
    [23:20] <@DracoGM> Spheniscine: "
    [23:21] <@DracoGM> I don't trust you Bock."
    [23:21] <@DracoGM> ((The belt would be useful, getting momentum up helps, but that just means you have a -2 penalty we shall say.))
    [23:22] <Remus> ((Ah))
    [23:23] <@DracoGM> ((Or you could use Scorching Ray or something on the door...))
    [23:23] <Remus> ((That would work, yeah... mor elikely to, anyways))
    [23:23] <@DracoGM> ((So, what are you doing?))
    [23:23] * Remus casts scorching ray at the door
    [23:24] <@DracoGM> dice 4d6
    [23:24] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 1:2:2:3; Total: 8.
    [23:26] <@DracoGM> Remus's *Scorching Ray* on the other hand is comparable to a molotov ****-tail that was made with vodka rather than diesel fuel.
    [23:26] <Remus> ((Well, i rolled 4,6,6,4 with my dice....))
    [23:26] <@DracoGM> The door has 3 hitpoints remaining...
    [23:26] <Remus> ((Ah well))
    [23:27] <Remus> ((Could the eagle attack the door? if so, it does that))
    [23:27] <@DracoGM> ((actually... NO damage to the door... so 6 hp remaining.))
    [23:27] <Ruumis> ((Well, as listed, some energy types are supereffective, although that's up to the GM))
    [23:27] <@DracoGM> ((It CAN attack the door, let me check if it SHOULD.))
    [23:29] <Ruumis> ((You'd think fire would be one of those that's super effective against wood, but, still up to the GM))
    [23:29] <@DracoGM> ((Your recent first-hand observations of the interactions of a door with various attacks strongly indicate that the eagle doesn't have the physical power necessary to affect the door in any meaningful way.))
    [23:30] <Ruumis> ((indeed))
    [23:30] <Ruumis> ((hardness of more than it could possibly deal))
    [23:30] <@DracoGM> ((Ruumis: Right.))
    [23:31] <@DracoGM> ((The problem is mostly of too little surface area for it to burn well.))
    [23:31] <Ruumis> ((Point.))
    [23:31] <@DracoGM> ((And the fact that you rolled REALLY bad on the damage.))
    [23:31] <@DracoGM> ((Ok, so the Eagle continues to circle?))
    [23:32] <Remus> ((Aye))
    [23:34] <@DracoGM> ((If it could Hover I would allow it to Hold Action, instead of wasting its turn...))
    [23:34] <Remus> ((Can it?))
    [23:35] <@DracoGM> Dice 2d20
    [23:35] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 12:9; Total: 21.
    [23:35] <@DracoGM> ((Nope...))
    [23:36] <@DracoGM> DIRELDA!
    [23:37] <@DracoGM> ((Arrows are useless for damaging the door, and Remus is blocking you from kicking at the door... even if Bock weren't cowering on the ground.))
    [23:37] * Direlda moves in line with the doorway a little ways back and stands at the ready
    [23:39] * @DracoGM ponders whether to give an idea to Direlda, but decides against it...
    [23:39] <@DracoGM> RUUMIS!
    [23:40] <Ruumis> "Who wants to be the one to break open the door?"
    [23:41] * Ruumis puts his crossbow away and moves to one side of the doorway, next to Bock.
    [23:42] <@DracoGM> ((That is a double move... Zyborg's turn is already figured out... back to the top of the initiative order...
    [23:43] <@DracoGM> Spheniscine: "And his friend, giant-mallet!"
    [23:43] <@DracoGM> dice 1d12
    [23:43] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 3; Total: 3.
    [23:44] <@DracoGM> Spheniscine is not nearly as good with his mallet as he is with inexplicable bricks.
    [23:44] <Ruumis> [to Bock] "If you were not lying, then I shall fix your leg. Yes. Unless you're a lying Pez Ant, then I get to have fun." *cackling*
    [23:44] <Remus> ((A d12.... it has a use??))
    [23:44] <@DracoGM> REMUS!
    [23:45] <Remus> ((any damage to the door?))
    [23:45] <Ruumis> ((not from the mallet))
    [23:45] <@DracoGM> ((The door still has 6 hitpoints remaining...))
    [23:45] <@DracoGM> ((Out of 15 max.))
    [23:46] <Ruumis> ((brb))
    [23:47] <Remus> ((Ugh... getting tired, give me a moment...))
    [23:47] <Ruumis> ((back))
    [23:48] <@DracoGM> ((I recommend backing off 5 feet and casting *Mage Armor* or trying to pull the door appart.))
    [23:48] <Direlda> ((when are we ending?))
    [23:49] <@DracoGM> ((Whenever people want to...))
    [23:49] * Remus backs off the 5 feet and casts Mage Armor
    [23:50] <@DracoGM> The Eagle continues circling (but you can change what it is ready to do...).
    [23:51] <Remus> ((How many blocks in the door? and might it be able to knock them out?))
    [23:51] <@DracoGM> ((Blocks?))
    [23:52] <Remus> ((That bock was hammering in?))
    [23:52] <Remus> ((
    [23:52] <Remus> ((Bok*))
    [23:52] <Remus> ((Bock*))
    [23:53] <@DracoGM> ((3 wooden wedges... you could probably have a good go at pulling them out with your hands due to the belt...))
    [23:54] <@DracoGM> DIRELDA! Your turn.
    [23:54] <Remus> ((Already used action))
    [23:54] <@DracoGM> ((And change "pull" to "wiggle"))
    [23:56] * Direlda takes stock of the situation by looking for any alternate entrances and listening for sounds from inside
    [23:56] <Direlda> dice 1d20
    [23:56] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 4; Total: 4.
    [23:56] <Direlda> dice 1d20
    [23:56] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 13; Total: 13.
    [23:57] <@DracoGM> You hear the swish of what sounds like one or more bladed weapons, some hitting peanut-brittle.
    [23:57] <Direlda> ((Spot: 4+11=15; listen 13+11=24))
    [23:57] <@DracoGM> (But no real crunchy sounds like they are damaging Zyborg, just getting deflected off.)
    [23:58] <@DracoGM> You see no alternate entrances from your current position.
    [23:58] <@DracoGM> RUUMIS!
    [23:59] * Ruumis mutters about a waste of a perfectly good proto-corpse and drags Bock out of the way, unless he resists.
    [23:59] <@DracoGM> ((BTW, the door is kinda narrow... the importance of this will become apparent when it gets busted down.))
    [23:59] <@DracoGM> Bock does not resist.
    [00:00] <@DracoGM> In fact he seems gets up as you pull him, and seems inclined to keep moving even after he is at the limit of your reach.
    [00:00] <Remus> "...Back away from the door, everyone..."
    [00:01] <@DracoGM> (What are you going to do about that situation... not quite to the point where dice-rolls for grapple checks are involved... ))
    [00:01] <@DracoGM> ((Previous comment directed to Ruumis.))
    [00:01] <Ruumis> ((Punch him?))
    [00:02] <Ruumis> ((As an attack of opportunity?))
    [00:02] <@DracoGM> Actually, given the situation you kick him... roll to hit (going to be very easy...)
    [00:02] <Ruumis> dice 1d20
    [00:02] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 11; Total: 11.
    [00:02] <Ruumis> ((15 total))
    [00:03] <@DracoGM> That is a hit...
    [00:03] <@DracoGM> dice 1d4
    [00:03] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 3; Total: 3.
    [00:03] <Ruumis> ((plus one for str))
    [00:04] <@DracoGM> 4 points of subdual damage... gotta look up what happens when you are knocked to exactly 0 by subdual... in any case he stops resisting...
    [00:04] <Direlda> "Why'd you kick him?"
    [00:04] <Ruumis> "We have to question him"
    [00:04] <Ruumis> "I think."
    [00:05] <Ruumis> "Hey look! A bird!"
    [00:05] <Ruumis> ((There is no bird.))
    [00:05] <@DracoGM> ((Move action to move him, standard to kick him... you can 5' step if you like, but other than that, I think you are done...))
    [00:05] <Remus> ((XD))
    [00:05] <Ruumis> ((You made it sound like he was getting up. <.< ))
    [00:06] <Ruumis> ((not doing anything besides that and getting him out of the way))
    [00:09] <@DracoGM> ((Bock is Staggard))
    [00:09] <@DracoGM> Bock wisely lies still...
    [00:09] <@DracoGM> Zyborg continues to take full defense...
    [00:10] <@DracoGM> ((Do people want to stop now or should we go another round?))
    [00:10] <Direlda> ((I'm ready to stop...))
    [00:10] <Remus> ((As am i...))
    [00:11] <Ruumis> ((ok))
    [00:13] <@DracoGM> -----------End Session--------------------




    INITIATIVE ORDER:
    Spheniscine
    Remus and Celestial Eagle (with 1 round of duration left)
    Ginger-bread Terrorist(-3 hp)
    Direlda(Delaying until the door gets opened)
    Ruumis
    Bock (Staggered -2 lethal, -4 non-lethal)
    Zyborg (-10 hp, taking full defense)
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2010-02-14 at 11:35 AM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DracoDei's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Atlanta,GA USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (3.5) Elemental Plane of Candy/Candy Land play-test data.

    DracoGM: ((Ok, well unless Direlda comes up with a last minute change...))
    DracoGM: You see Bock waiting for you when you arrive.
    DracoGM: Greetings Forged.
    Zyborg22: Greetings to you as well.
    Bock: Bock is seems to just have been waiting for you.
    Bock: "Well, I am done here so let me take you along to the person who actually knows about this stuff...
    Bock: "
    Zyborg22: Ok. Sorry about that comment yesterday.
    Bock: Oh, umm... think nothing of it.
    Bock: seems like he actually is still annoyed, but is trying to avoid the subject.
    Bock: ((You going to follow him?))
    Zyborg22: follows Bock, not mentioning the subject any further.
    Bock: You see the sheriff on the road about 50 yards in front of you.
    Bock: ((
    Bock: Just chime in any time you have a specific action BTW.))
    Zyborg22: Is there anything I should know about this person before we get there?
    Bock: Umm, not really.
    Zyborg22: Ok, then.
    Bock: ((That comment was to Bock about whoever he is taking you to see, right?))
    Zyborg22: ((Yes.))
    Bock: You pass the Sheriff soon after, still following close behind Bock.
    Bock: The Sheriff gives you a concerned look just as you pass, but you don't have time to return more than a shrug before you pass him by (unless you want to stop).
    Zyborg22: acknowledges the Sherrif, but decides not to stop.
    Bock: ((So you say "Hello" or something?))
    Zyborg22: ((Mostly just a wave.))
    Bock: ((Ok))
    Bock: ((Although one of them was a Bluff opposed by Sense Motive to see if you noticed that he is still annoyed about your accidently insult.))
    Bock: Bock glances arround with a quizical expression on his face a few times as you walk down the country lane...
    Bock: Eventually you arrive at a new looking, sturdy cottage.
    Bock: The windows are opaque, the walls stone... near the door (the outside still) is a small hammer leaned up against the wall, and several wooden wedges.
    Bock: Bock opens the door before you, revealing an empty room, surprisingly spare. The bed is flipped up to lay against a wall, and you don't see any sign of a table.
    Bock: Go, in and knock a the other door, he is probably working on something in the other room.
    Zyborg22: ((He's telling me to do that, right?))
    Bock: ((Yes, sorry...))
    Bock: ((The last line is speech, not narrative.))
    Zyborg22: glances at the bed for a second, then knocks at the other door.
    Bock: The door bursts open, revealing an individual in full-plate, weilding two swords... two red-and-white striped swords, with hooked ends...
    Bock: Roll initiative.
    Zyborg22: 8.
    Bock: You are caught flat-footed against his attack...
    Bock: But he misses both times.
    Bock: You hear the door behind you slam, and a thumping sound.
    Zyborg22: ((He's right next to me, isn't he?))
    DracoGM: Your action. (Yes)
    Zyborg22: ((When the SRD says I can unsheathe a weapon combined with a standard move, does that mean moving my speed after the unsheathing or a standard action?))
    DracoGM: ((It means that it happens DURING the movement, but you can also unsheath it without moving if you like... either way))
    Zyborg22: gets out the crossbow and moves as far away from the armored guy as he can. He then loads an arrow and shoots at armored guy if that's allowed.
    DracoGM: ((You already have an arrow in the crossbow... but if you move away from him AND attack, then you are giving him a free shot at you with one of the swords...))
    Zyborg22: ((I'll not shoot, then))
    Zyborg22: ((Is there any way to lower the bed?))
    DracoGM: ((Sure, just flip it down... but what are you thinking of?))
    Zyborg22: ((Maybe luring him there and flipping it on him))
    Zyborg22: ((Or would that just break the bed?))
    DracoGM: ((It wouldn't break the bed, but it also wouldn't be something worth doing unless you jumped on top of it, and uses your weight to bring it down... you are acrobatic enough you might have a chance at that... it would be a 5 foot vertical jump we shall say, and a balance check to leap off without going upside-down or something, or at least being too off balance to defend yourself well.))
    DracoGM: ((It won't really hurt him in any case, but it might be enough to let you get in a sneak-attack while he is off-balance.))
    Zyborg22: ((I'll try that, but only when he's actually under it))
    DracoGM: Unfortunately, he only moves as close to you as he needs to to get in melee range, which doens't put him next to the wall...
    DracoGM: He misses completely.
    Zyborg22: ((This guy has a 40ft move speed? Wow.))
    DracoGM: ((No, it is a very small house... or were you trying to get out the door last round, in which case the whole thing with the bed is moot?))
    DracoGM: The room you are in is 25'x25'.
    DracoGM: ((You are in the corner of the room, unless we retcon.))
    Zyborg22: ((In that case, I'll try to move just next to where the bed is, but where the bed is between him and me...hoping he won't just go around it.))
    DracoGM: ((Also, a 40 speed in Full-Plate would be... somewhat unusual... quite possible with magic, but not the norm...))
    DracoGM: ((The bed is leaned right up against the wall, legs sticking out...))
    Zyborg22: ((Yeah. I'm trying to make him go under it.))
    DracoGM: Ok... Cartisian Coordinates time... you are at 1,1, he is at 2,2... the door you came through leads sound from 3,1. If the bed was layed down, it would take up (for simplicity) 1,1 and 1,2.
    DracoGM: Where are you moving to?
    DracoGM: Don't forget you can Tumble...
    Zyborg22: ((Oh...it'll be hard to get him under the bed in that case. I'll try to tumble past him and get as far as possible. If I were to attack after doing so, would that lead to an AoO?))
    DracoGM: ((You need to define "As far as possible... you could go for the opposite corner, the storage closet he came out of (which takes up 3,6), or the door you came through, where you can hear a pounding sound from, and...
    Zyborg22: ((The opposite corner))
    DracoGM: You see the tips of two of the wooden wedges that you saw next to the door sticking in through the bottom of the door...))
    DracoGM: Roll Tumble.
    Zyborg22: 1
    DracoGM: Total result?
    Zyborg22: ((I have no points in it. Maybe I shouldn't be doing that at all.))
    Zyborg22: ((Since it's apparently trained only))
    Zyborg22: ((5, rather))
    DracoGM: ((Ok, no, you can't Tumble since you don't have any ranks in it...))
    DracoGM: ((What are you going to do?))
    Zyborg22: ((Would he get two AoOs if I move and fire?))
    DracoGM: ((Only if he has combat reflexes...))
    Zyborg22: ((I'll move toward the door and fire at him, then.))
    DracoGM: AoO misses, roll your attack.
    Zyborg22: Natural 20.
    Zyborg22: ((The total is 28))
    DracoGM: Roll to confirm Critical...
    Zyborg22: ((5))
    DracoGM: No critical, roll damage.
    Zyborg22: ((3 total))
    DracoGM: Yowch! 10 damage... half your hitpoints...
    DracoGM: Your go again...
    Zyborg22: ((Is the door locked?))
    Zyborg22: ((Or barred?))
    Zyborg22: ((Otherwise, I'm going out of it and shooting at him again.))
    DracoGM: ((It is technically neither. but you think the 3 door-stops (2 in the bottom, one on the side away from the hinge) might give you some problems opening it... IE Strength check...))
    Zyborg22: ((12))
    DracoGM: The you slam the back of your abdomin into the door as you try to reload your crossbow... it doens't yeild.
    DracoGM: That was your Move action... what are you going to do with your Standard action?
    DracoGM: ((We will say the crossbow is reloaded))
    DracoGM: ((I might suggest full defense.))
    Zyborg22: ((I'll go with that))
    Zyborg22: is really starting to wish the others were here.
    DracoGM: 2 misses.
    Zyborg22: ((Can the door stop be lifted or something so they don't make the door any harder to open?))
    DracoGM: You mean lift the door so it doesn't have any normal force against the hinges to generate friction?
    DracoGM: If so, no.
    Zyborg22: ((I was wondering if the door-stops themselves were hinged or something. Either way, I'll probably try the total defense again))
    Zyborg22: ((Do I hear the rest of the guys outside?))
    Bock: You hear running pawsteps, the sound of a crossbow-bolt hitting pez-chitin and what Bock screamed.
    Zyborg22: ((Would they hear me if I shouted something?))
    Bock: The pawsteps sounded pretty close, so probably at least one of them would...
    Bock: Meh.. your go, you take full defense... you want to move 5' while doing that?
    Zyborg22: ((Yes. Away from the door and the armored guy.))
    Bock: Ok, you go north east and take full defense.
    Zyborg22: shouts out "I found what he meant by <candy canes>! Hurry up and see for yourselves!", hoping that someone will hear it and burst in.
    Bock: Go ahead and do that in the main channel... If I were being more hard-core I might make everyone but Spheniscine roll to hear it, but...
    DracoGM: ((You heard the knock knock Joke, as well as part of the door exploding off... we will see if you can SEE the results...))
    DracoGM: He steps up toward you, but double whiffs.
    Zyborg22: doesn't particularly feel like taking any unneccesary chances, so does the total defense and 5' step away from Armor Armowski over there trying to kill him.
    DracoGM: TAking total defense again?
    Zyborg22: ((Yep? I'm not risking another 10 to damage unless I can get a flanking bonus.))
    Zyborg22: ((10 damage, rather))
    DracoGM: Well, you could try feinting... but yeah, total defense is probably the way to go...
    Zyborg22: ((I doubt that would be much help against this guy, especially since I'm not a bluffer.))
    DracoGM: ((OK))
    DracoGM: I am going to say that you wisely 5' stepped last turn so that someone coming through the door would give you a flanking bonus against the Terrorist.
    Zyborg22: ((Even with the bow?))
    DracoGM: ((... You also put up the bow, ready to draw your melee weapon the next round...))
    Zyborg22: ((Ok.))
    DracoGM: ((But yes, you COULD flank him at point-blank range with the bow.))
    DracoGM: Double whiff.
    Zyborg22: Not that it matters now, but is there any particular reason you're trying to kill me?
    DracoGM: I am playing the situation as it stands, and actually shading things toward NOT killing you...
    Zyborg22: ((That was dialogue toward the terrorist))
    DracoGM: ((OH!))
    Zyborg22: ((It just came really late, so I can see the confusion))
    DracoGM: Because you are actually trying to HELP those candy-eaters!
    Zyborg22: I see no reason to slaughter them...or whatever it is you're trying to do.
    Zyborg22: We should deal with them on a case-by-case basis.
    DracoGM: -----End Session----

    The front door has 6 out of 15 hit-points.
    G.B.T. = Ginger-Bread Terrorist
    Of the party, only Zyborg is inside.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2010-02-13 at 01:00 AM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DracoDei's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Atlanta,GA USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (3.5) Elemental Plane of Candy/Candy Land play-test data.

    [20:34] <DracoGM> ---------------Session Start--------------
    [20:34] <DracoGM> SPHENISCINE!
    [20:36] <Remus> ((Back, and got it too))
    [20:36] <Remus> ((Brief on situation?))
    [20:38] <DracoGM> ((It is Spheniscine's turn, the has 6 hp remaining, and Bock is Staggered__
    [20:38] <DracoGM> ((Zyborg is still trapped inside))
    [20:39] <DracoGM> ((the DOOR has 6 hp left I mean))
    [20:40] <Spheniscine> Back.
    [20:40] <Spheniscine> I guess I'll attack the door with the mallet again?
    [20:41] <Spheniscine> What should I roll? I seem to have forgot...
    [20:41] <Zyborg22> ((Physical attack, I think.))
    [20:42] <Spheniscine> dice 1d12
    [20:42] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 11; Total: 11.
    [20:42] <Spheniscine> Do I need to roll a d20 as well?
    [20:42] <DracoGM> The door is now destroyed.
    [20:42] <Spheniscine> Yay!
    [20:43] <Zyborg22> Oh, hey there. You really need to work on your knock-knock jokes.
    [20:43] <DracoGM> ((I think Direlda was holding action for that event?))
    [20:43] <Spheniscine> Knock knock! Who's there! Four heroes to the rescue!
    [20:43] <Zyborg22> See?
    [20:43] <Direlda> ((I think so - what can I see?))
    [20:44] * Spheniscine sticks a tongue out to Zyborg
    [20:44] <DracoGM> ((Also, Spheniscine has a move action left, so those will happen in whatever order they get entered, after that it is Remus and the Eagle (which is going poof after it acts).))
    [20:44] *** Hyperion[nomnomnom] is now known as Ruumis
    [20:45] <Spheniscine> I guess I move in? If it is safe to do so...
    [20:45] <Remus> ((brb))
    [20:45] <Zyborg22> ((I think the terrorist is right next to the door))
    [20:46] <DracoGM> Direlda sees a humanoid figure in hard-shell (like on an M&M) full-plate, weilding two hook-swords ground out of <Candy Canes>. Beyond the figure is Zyborg, dodging around for all he is worth.
    [20:46] <Ruumis> ((Back, if it wasn't obvious.))
    [20:47] <DracoGM> ((Was Direlda holding action to see what he saw through the door, or was he going to shoot as soon as the door went down?))
    [20:48] <DracoGM> ((Spheniscine: Do you desire to move, or are you going to end turn?))
    [20:48] <Remus> ((Back))
    [20:48] <Direlda> ((trying to remember...)
    [20:49] <Spheniscine> I guess I'll end turn, since I can't move in.
    [20:49] <Direlda> ((is Sphen in the way of my shot?))
    [20:50] <Spheniscine> If I am I move out of the way then... lol
    [20:50] <DracoGM> ((Actually you could. The GBT is 10 feet from the door (IE one clear square to his south). ))
    [20:50] <Spheniscine> Ah well, I still step out of the way for Direlda.
    [20:51] <DracoGM> Spheniscine isn't in the way in either case, but if you don't have the precise shot feat then you are taking a -4 to hit because you are being careful not to hit Zyborg.
    [20:51] <Spheniscine> Ah.
    [20:51] <Zyborg22> ((Could you move back, then :P ?))
    [20:51] <Ruumis> ((Isn't he the melee person in the group?))
    [20:52] <DracoGM> ((Spheniscine: Actually, moving in could be good, since it would grant Zyborg flanking, and wouldn't interfere with Direlda any more than Zyborg is already doing.))
    [20:52] <Spheniscine> OK, I move in then. :3
    [20:52] <Direlda> ((righto))
    [20:52] <DracoGM> ((Ok, the log shows Direlda as delaying, but it doesn't matter since it is now his turn anyway.))
    [20:53] <DracoGM> DIRELDA!
    [20:53] <DracoGM> ((Remus and Eagle next))
    [20:53] <Remus> ((I though i normally came after Sphen?))
    [20:53] <Remus> ((Thought*))
    [20:54] * Direlda takes aim and fires his bow at the figure in hard-shell
    [20:54] <Spheniscine> Hm, yeah?
    [20:54] <Spheniscine> I thought Remus came first?
    [20:54] <Ruumis> ((Direlda delayed))
    [20:54] <Ruumis> ((WHich puts them now))
    [20:54] <Remus> ((Direlda delayed, anyways))
    [20:54] <Spheniscine> Ah.
    [20:54] <Direlda> dice 1d20
    [20:54] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 11; Total: 11.
    [20:55] * Spheniscine nods
    [20:55] * Remus directs the eagle in and to attack the figure in the hard-shell
    [20:55] <Direlda> ((11-4+7= 14))
    [20:56] <DracoGM> Direlda misses.
    [20:56] <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [20:56] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 15; Total: 15.
    [20:58] * DracoGM struggles with his old foe, the lag-monster...
    [20:59] <Remus> ((brb, dinner))
    [20:59] <Direlda> ((not lag-monster O.o))
    [20:59] <Spheniscine> ((I attack the lag-monster!))
    [20:59] <DracoGM> ((Can you at least give me YOUR action before you go Remus?))
    [20:59] <Spheniscine> [09:55] * Remus directs the eagle in and to attack the figure in the hard-shell
    [20:59] <Remus> I'll follow the eagle in, if he fells the... figure. I'll look around for anyone else. If not, cast magic missile at him
    [21:00] <DracoGM> ((He won't feel it, and that probably doesn't even require an action since you already gave it the appropriate orders, and summons automatically have Identify Friend Foe.))
    [21:00] <DracoGM> ((*Fell))
    [21:01] <Remus> ((Won't feel magic missile?))
    [21:02] <Ruumis> ((No, the bird won't take him down, is what he said))
    [21:02] <Remus> ((Use burning hands instead, careful to limit it to the figure))
    [21:02] <Ruumis> ((...))
    [21:02] <Ruumis> ((Please no.))
    [21:02] <Remus> ((Err... why? ))
    [21:02] <Ruumis> ((Not on the inside of a wooden place))
    [21:02] <Spheniscine> lol
    [21:02] <Ruumis> ((With our rogue inside))
    [21:02] <Remus> ((Is it even wooden? >.>))
    [21:03] <Remus> ((Eh, go with my original, brb))
    [21:03] <Ruumis> ((Or wood-candy-simile. Still burns, I'd think))
    [21:04] <Direlda> ((going afk for dinner... ^^;))
    [21:04] <Direlda> (( * ^^; ))
    [21:04] <DracoGM> ((I THINKou I said the w<fc999000000age
    [21:05] * Spheniscine is confused
    [21:05] <DracoGM> ((I think I said the building wast STONE analog, and the furnishings are all moved out of the way, unfortunately, Spheniscine is in the way too much, even if you turned it sideways.)_)
    [21:05] <DracoGM> dice 2d4
    [21:05] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 1:2; Total: 3.
    [21:06] *** Direlda is now known as Direlda_WatchingClouds
    [21:06] * Direlda_WatchingClouds is now away - Reason : dinnar from Subway on campus!
    [21:06] <DracoGM> The magic missiles hit for 5 points of damage.
    [21:06] <DracoGM> ((Still trying to figure out if the Eagle hit.))
    [21:07] <Ruumis> ((They have +3 to hit))
    [21:07] <DracoGM> The eagle's talon barely misses.
    [21:08] <DracoGM> The Eagle vanishes.
    [21:10] <DracoGM> The Ginger-Bread Terrorist wises up and attacks Zyborg with only a single sword this turn.
    [21:10] <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [21:10] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 1; Total: 1.
    [21:10] <DracoGM> He completely misses.
    [21:10] <DracoGM> RUUMIS! Your turn.
    [21:12] * Ruumis moves back in line with the door and casts Hold Person on the guy.
    [21:12] <Ruumis> ((Don't know if he's the right type to be affected, but if he is then it's a DC16 will save))
    [21:13] <Remus> ((back))
    [21:13] <DracoGM> ((I have introduced a lot of transparency into this, so he is.))
    [21:13] <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [21:13] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 5; Total: 5.
    [21:13] <DracoGM> The Ginger-Bread Terrorist Freezes up!
    [21:14] <Ruumis> (( :3 ))
    [21:14] <DracoGM> ZYBORG!
    [21:14] <WagzBot> Your friendly neighborhood robot spider.
    [21:14] <Remus> ((....Warforged spider, in this case))
    [21:14] <Zyborg22> ((I attack him using the flanking bonus.))
    [21:14] <Zyborg22> dice 1d20
    [21:14] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 12; Total: 12.
    [21:15] <Ruumis> ((He's paralysed.))
    [21:15] <Ruumis> ((Thus helpless))
    [21:15] <Spheniscine> ((Paralysed means no to-hit roll, right? :3))
    [21:15] <Remus> ((Zy may know something you don't :P))
    [21:15] <Zyborg22> ((I thought it just meant they lose Dex bonuses to AC or whatever.))
    [21:16] <Ruumis> ((They get an effective dex of 0 and melee attacks get a +4 to hit))
    [21:16] <DracoGM> ((Nope, this is more than that... you now get to take a full round action to litterally slit his throat or something if you like.))
    [21:16] <Ruumis> ((or you can full-round to coup de grace))
    [21:17] <Ruumis> ((Your choice, really.))
    [21:17] <DracoGM> ((Since Zyborg doesn't get multiple attacks, Coup de Grace is the more obvious action.))
    [21:17] <Zyborg22> ((I'll go for the coup de grace))
    [21:17] <DracoGM> In either case you hit.
    [21:17] <Zyborg22> ((Do I still get the Sneak Attack bonus?))
    [21:17] <Ruumis> ((Coup de grace counts as critical, so he should decide))
    [21:18] <Ruumis> ((And yes))
    [21:18] <DracoGM> ((Yes, it specifically says you get your Sneak Attack on Coup de Grace))
    [21:18] <Zyborg22> ((So, 4d6?)
    [21:18] <Ruumis> ((But as normal sneak attack damage isn't multiplied.)
    [21:18] <DracoGM> ((Do you have at least 3 rogue levels Zyborg?))
    [21:19] <Zyborg22> ((Yes))
    [21:19] <Zyborg22> dice 4d6
    [21:19] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 5:1:5:1; Total: 12.
    [21:19] <DracoGM> Very nice, but that won't kill him by itself...
    [21:19] <DracoGM> But he also has to make a Fortitude save to not die outright.
    [21:19] <Ruumis> ((Fortitude save))
    [21:19] <Ruumis> ((yep))
    [21:19] <DracoGM> I think the DC is 10+damage dealt.
    [21:20] <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [21:20] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 14; Total: 14.
    [21:20] <Ruumis> ((yes))
    [21:21] <DracoGM> Zyborg, make a reflex save to avoid being hit by the spray of artierial cherry syrup....
    [21:21] <Zyborg22> dice 1d20
    [21:21] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 4; Total: 4.
    [21:21] <Zyborg22> 13
    [21:22] <DracoGM> Fails.
    [21:22] <Ruumis> ((I would question why you killed him instead of capturing, but then that'd be an insane cleric of a death goddess asking why you killed someone.))
    [21:22] <DracoGM> ((Tactically... it actually makes a certain amount of sense since Zyborg was at half hitpoints, and Hold-person allows a new save every round.))
    [21:23] <Ruumis> ((True))
    [21:23] <Zyborg22> ((Does the syrup actually do anything?))
    [21:24] *** Direlda_WatchingClouds has quit IRC: Ping timeout: 121 seconds
    [21:24] <Zyborg22> ((Plus, I'm still a rogue :P ))
    [21:24] <DracoGM> ((But yes, it was the sort of split second decision that would give a being nightmares... at least a being that sleeps...))
    [21:24] <DracoGM> ((The syrup is just blood analog.))
    [21:26] <DracoGM> Ruumis, make a semi-retroactive intimidate check...
    [21:26] <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [21:26] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 7; Total: 7.
    [21:26] <DracoGM> Never mind...
    [21:26] <DracoGM> End initiative.
    [21:26] <Ruumis> ((ok then))
    [21:26] <Remus> What happened, Zy?
    [21:26] <Zyborg22> Sorry, guy. I know you were trying to protect stuff, but that's not the way to do it.
    [21:27] <Spheniscine> Hm?
    [21:27] <Zyborg22> Bock led me here, and this guy came out when I knocked on that closet door.
    [21:28] <Ruumis> "Huh? Oh right."
    [21:28] <Zyborg22> Think nothing of it my eye...wait, did you mean the killing?
    [21:28] * Ruumis goes over to Bock and removes the crossbow bolt from his leg.
    [21:29] * Remus picks up one of the <candy cane> weapons and examines it
    [21:29] * Ruumis then bandages up the wound.
    [21:29] * Spheniscine hugs Zyborg
    [21:30] * Zyborg22 hugs back.
    [21:30] * Spheniscine licks some of the cherry syrup off
    [21:30] <Ruumis> ((heh))
    [21:30] * Remus flicks Sphen's nose, "Stop that"
    [21:30] * Spheniscine merps
    [21:30] <Zyborg22> I say we take his stuff :P .
    [21:31] <Zyborg22> At least the swords, so we can ask why they would be so important.
    [21:31] <Remus> I agree with that, heheh.
    [21:31] * Spheniscine nods
    [21:32] *** Direlda has joined #DracoD&D
    [21:32] <Zyborg22> Not his underpants, though.
    [21:32] <Direlda> ((back))
    [21:32] * Ruumis goes inside and looks around. He seems to not be paying attention to the conversation.
    [21:33] <DracoGM> The weapon is red and white striped (in a way I could describe mathmatically if you really wanted me to, but basically the read stripes go all the way to the center of the original cylinder that gets bent around). The length from base to the half-way point of the semi-circle is slightly less than for a long-sword. The shape is as if you took a sword and bent the tip around, without altering the cross-section, and with the path of the bend occuring in the same plane as both the edges lie in.
    [21:35] <DracoGM> ((Is that clear? If not, people could try a Google image search on "hook sword"))
    [21:35] * Ruumis sets the gingerbread person in a sitting position on one of the chairs.
    [21:35] <Ruumis> ((right.))
    [21:36] <Spheniscine> ((Ooh, so it's a sharpened candy cane))
    [21:37] <DracoGM> (Remus: I am trying to decide if that counts as an alignment infraction (which isn't a problem mechanically), or good roleplay for an anthro and/or a professionally insane individual.)
    [21:37] <DracoGM> ((Spheniscine: Broadly, yes.))
    [21:37] <Remus> ((The nos flick? :P))
    [21:37] <Remus> ((Nose*))
    [21:37] <DracoGM> ((No, sorry... I should have said "Spheniscine" both times.))
    [21:38] <Zyborg22> ((Maybe the blood eating))
    [21:38] <DracoGM> ((Yes, the blood eating.))
    [21:38] <Spheniscine> (o.o oops?)
    [21:38] <Ruumis> ((it /is/ syrup.))
    [21:38] <Ruumis> (((It just happens to have come from a person))
    [21:39] <Remus> ((I'd call that good RP for an anthro))
    [21:39] <Remus> ((Hence why i flicked his nose >.> ))
    [21:39] * DracoGM sits back and lets the RP go, ready to do whatever he needs to, but not having any NPCs to run who are likely to show any initiative any time soon.))
    [21:40] * Ruumis gets to work removing the armor and inspecting how a gingerbread person works on the inside.
    [21:40] <Remus> Anybody have some cloth i can wrap these things in so we can take them back?
    [21:40] <DracoGM> Ruumis: So you are disecting him?
    [21:41] <Spheniscine> (o.o This RP is getting creepier by the minute X3)
    [21:41] <Ruumis> ((Just poking and prodding and moving, right now.))
    [21:41] <DracoGM> ((Ruumis: Just checking....))
    [21:42] <DracoGM> ((Spheniscine: Yes, but I can't take much responsibility for it...))
    [21:42] <Spheniscine> (lol)
    [21:42] * Ruumis sets the armor on a different chair from the person. "Do any of you happen to have a scalpel or such?"
    [21:42] * Zyborg22 looks into the room that the terrorist came from.
    [21:42] * Remus sets the weapons down and looks with Zy
    [21:42] <Zyborg22> Does a dagger count?
    [21:42] <Ruumis> "No no, /I/ have a dagger, not good for such precise work."
    [21:43] <DracoGM> Zyborg sees a storage closet, with stuff stacked MOSTLY neatly up to the rafters, except for a space near the door, that is quite bare.
    [21:43] <Zyborg22> I can try to find a keyhole on him :P .
    [21:43] <DracoGM> Direlda: What are you doing?
    [21:44] <Zyborg22> ((Anything of note, or just random living stuff?))
    [21:44] <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [21:44] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 20; Total: 20.
    [21:45] <DracoGM> Zyborg scans his eyes over the objects in front of him with amazing precision, his mechanical mind missing no detail.
    [21:45] * Direlda moves to the door and stands guard
    [21:46] <Zyborg22> ((I get a +10 to Search, if that's what that was.))
    [21:47] <DracoGM> Zyborg: You note no traps, but role disable device anyway.
    [21:47] <DracoGM> *roll
    [21:47] <Remus> ((You got a 20 anyways, didn't you? :P))
    [21:47] <Ruumis> ((Skill, not a critical success))
    [21:47] <Zyborg22> dice 1d20
    [21:47] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 4; Total: 4.
    [21:47] <Zyborg22> 18
    [21:49] <Zyborg22> Hey guys. Do you notice anything weird about how these things are stacked?
    [21:50] <Remus> ((Search check?))
    [21:51] <Zyborg22> I guess I shouldn't make you wait. It looks like whoever stacked these started messing up as they got near the top.
    [21:52] <Spheniscine> Hmm...
    [21:52] <DracoGM> Direlda keeps an eye for both other people approaching, and on Bock.
    [21:52] <Zyborg22> It makes me think whoever stacked this was short and/or lacked a stool.
    [21:53] <Zyborg22> I don't see anything interesting in here, but you're free to look through it anyway.
    [21:53] <Remus> hmm... Pez-ants...
    [21:53] <DracoGM> You actually see a two step stepladder near the top front.
    [21:53] * Ruumis pulls the folding bed down, takes the top bedsheet, and drapes that over the dead gingerbread person on his chair.
    [21:54] <Remus> Maybe there's something behind this all?
    [21:54] <DracoGM> The stuff is actually in boxes mostly.
    [21:54] <DracoGM> Wooden chests.
    [21:54] <DracoGM> No locks.
    [21:54] <Remus> Somebody help me get some of these down
    [21:54] * Ruumis goes back outside and looks around to see where Bock got off to.
    [21:55] <Direlda> he's right here
    [21:55] <DracoGM> Bock is still laying right where you bandaged his cross-bow bolt injury.
    [21:55] <Zyborg22> ((Do I need any special checks to help Remus?))
    [21:56] <DracoGM> Nope.
    [21:56] <Zyborg22> ((I'll do that for a bit while I step away from the keyboard.))
    [21:56] <Spheniscine> ((I'll help too))
    [21:56] <DracoGM> Remus, with some help from Zyborg moves the stuff out, eventually clearing the closet completely out, down to the floor.
    [21:57] <Remus> ((spot check...))
    [21:57] <DracoGM> You find a large-ish number of chairs, and a table whose legs pull out of sockets.
    [21:57] <Remus> ((Or that))
    [21:57] <DracoGM> Crates and miscellanious goods now dot the interior of the cottage.
    [21:57] <Ruumis> "Wonderful! You're still here! You know, most people try to run after I shoot them, it's the strangest thing." *carries Bock inside, past the puddle of syrup, and to a handy chair.*
    [21:58] <Ruumis> ((or crate, or whatever))
    [21:58] <DracoGM> You find one of the several chairs that are suitable for him and place him on it.
    [21:59] <Spheniscine> ((Ruumis is weird X3))
    [21:59] <Remus> Hmm....
    [21:59] <Ruumis> "Are you redecorating?"
    [21:59] * Remus moves the chairs and table out, looking at the floor
    [22:00] <Ruumis> ((The main room floor? Which is covered in crates now?))
    [22:00] <Remus> ((no, of the closet))
    [22:00] <Ruumis> ((Oh. You already cleared that out))
    [22:01] <DracoGM> ((Normal roll, taking 10, taking 20, or what?))
    [22:01] * DracoGM readies his physical die.
    [22:01] <Remus> ((Spot check?))
    [22:04] <DracoGM> ((Search))
    [22:05] <Remus> ((22 = 18 +4))
    [22:05] <DracoGM> ((In future you should let me roll those, so you don't know what you got.))
    [22:06] <Remus> ((Oh... woops ^^;))
    [22:06] <DracoGM> Remus discovers nothing of any particular interest in the closet.
    [22:06] <Remus> Well there goes that idea...
    [22:07] * Remus looks for an interesting box
    [22:08] <DracoGM> The boxes seem all about equally (un)interesting (going to pick one at random?).
    [22:09] * Remus picks one out and start to open it
    [22:09] <Ruumis> ((Is Bock awake?))
    [22:09] <Remus> (Yeah, guess so :P )
    [22:09] <DracoGM> Bock is semi-alert. The pain of his injuries is severely affecting him.
    [22:10] <DracoGM> you undo the latch and start to sift through the contents.
    [22:12] * Ruumis eyes Bock, gets out a wand, and uses it to cast Cure Light Wounds on Bock.
    [22:12] <Ruumis> dice 1d8
    [22:12] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 7; Total: 7.
    [22:12] <Ruumis> ((That's 8 points of healing.))
    [22:13] <DracoGM> You find food, two hard-candy tubes that slide (one inside the other, but with flanges that keep them from coming out one way, but not the other), a small painting of a ginger-bread lady, several place-settings worth of dishes and flat-ware.
    [22:13] <DracoGM> Bock is now back at full health.
    [22:13] <Remus> Somebody watch Bock, i say.
    [22:13] * Ruumis is sitting opposite Bock
    [22:13] <Remus> Hmm... we could sell some of this, probably...
    [22:13] <Remus> Wait a sec...
    [22:14] <Remus> Wasn't one of those guys we questioned selling chairs and a table? or something like that?
    [22:14] <Zyborg22> Yeah. Foon, I think.
    [22:14] <Ruumis> "Now that you're awake, would you please tell me why you attempted to have one of my employers killed?"
    [22:15] <DracoGM> "Please sir, I didn't know anything about this!"
    [22:16] <Zyborg22> Try showing him the dead guy.
    [22:16] <Ruumis> ((he's around five-ten feet away.))
    [22:16] <Ruumis> ((from the bodY))
    [22:16] <Remus> ((What are the two tubes?))
    [22:16] <DracoGM> ((about that, yes))
    [22:17] <DracoGM> ((Remus: What sort of Craft/Appraise/other relevant skills do you have to figure that out?))
    [22:17] <Ruumis> "Didn't you know the dead guy over there?" *nods in the corpse's direction*
    [22:17] <Zyborg22> I mean like telling him that we killed him.
    [22:18] <Remus> ((Knowledge, planes. Knowledge, Arcana. craft (Scribe/illuminator)))
    [22:18] <DracoGM> "Yes. But he just said he had some information!"
    [22:19] <DracoGM> ((Remus: None of those are relevant... DC 20 untrained Intellegence check.))
    [22:20] <Ruumis> "And how did 'information' get our friend stuck in a room with them trying to kill him?"
    [22:20] <DracoGM> "I don't know! The door slammed shut, I heard shouting, and was trying to get it open!"
    [22:20] <Zyborg22> ((I try looking in another of the boxes))
    [22:20] <Remus> ((Only 17, total))
    [22:21] * Ruumis eyes Bock.
    [22:21] <Spheniscine> ((I think it was mentioned he was bolting the doors in the logs? Did anyone notice that?))
    [22:21] <DracoGM> Remus doesn't know what the object is, only that the fit is pretty tight, even without the cotton-candy O-rings.
    [22:22] <Ruumis> ((Yeah, but I don't know who saw that, Sphen.))
    [22:22] <DracoGM> ((Someone did notice that, but I forget who it was.))
    [22:22] <Remus> ((I noticed it, i'm pretty sure))
    [22:23] <Ruumis> ((But, Ruumis didn't))
    [22:23] <Ruumis> ((He just doesn't mind shooting people for no apparent reason))
    [22:23] <Remus> You were slamming those blocks in, not trying to get them out
    [22:23] * Remus glares at Bock
    [22:24] <Zyborg22> What I said to you can't be that bad.
    [22:25] <DracoGM> ((Remus saw him hammering one of the wedges. Haven't figured out who else saw what.))
    [22:26] <DracoGM> ((Direlda saw him drop the hammer when he surrendered.))
    [22:27] <DracoGM> ((Other than that, I am not sure anyone saw anything.))
    [22:27] *** DracoGM is now known as Bock
    [22:27] <Ruumis> "He was?"
    [22:27] * Bock cowers.
    [22:28] <Remus> Yes, he was. When i peeked out, he was hammering one of those blocks into the door
    [22:28] <Bock> I... Take me to the Sheriff, and I will tell you the whole thing.
    [22:29] <Remus> No, you tell use here and now
    [22:29] * Remus stands up and walks up to Bock
    [22:29] * Remus snarls a bit, "You will tell us now..."
    [22:29] <Bock> Wwwhy should I trust you?
    [22:30] <Bock> ((Initimated Check...))
    [22:30] <Bock> ((Untrained that is just a Charisma check))
    [22:30] <Zyborg22> Do you have to tell the sheriff yourself, or do you just want him to hear it?
    [22:31] <Remus> ((14))
    [22:32] <Bock> ((For anyone who is curious after the session, and for purposes of spoils, the GBT's sheet can be found here: http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/....php?cid=33492))
    [22:32] <Bock> I j-j-just want him to be there.
    [22:34] <Bock> To Zyborg: Please, I didn't KNOW! Don't let these sc... don't let them kill me!
    [22:35] <Zyborg22> ((Woah...our enemy was a girl. Didn't expect that, to tell the truth.))
    [22:35] * Remus presses one of his claws to Bock's neck, "I think you'll be fine telling us now..."
    [22:35] <Ruumis> "Who? Us, or a different 'them'?"
    [22:35] <Remus> ((Agreed, zy XD))
    [22:35] <Remus> he started to say scumbags or something, probably us
    [22:36] <Bock> dice 1d20
    [22:36] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 9; Total: 9.
    [22:36] <Zyborg22> So...assuming someone guarded him, is there a reason we can't bring the sheriff here?
    [22:36] <Ruumis> "I could go get the Sheriff, and Chestnut. Don't want her ruining someone's lawn."
    [22:37] <Bock> You!
    [22:37] <Remus> How long would that take?
    [22:37] <Ruumis> "Why would I kill you? I already patched you up once. Would be a waste."
    [22:37] <Bock> Yes, please get the sheriff!
    [22:38] <Bock> I... I... well, you just want what I know, right?
    [22:38] <Remus> Well, depends on what exactly you know
    [22:38] <Ruumis> [to Remus]"Thirty minutes or so there; ten, maybe twenty back if Sheriff doesn't mind riding Chestnut."
    [22:38] * Remus nods
    [22:38] <Bock> ((15 if you hurry))
    [22:38] <Bock> ((I mean to get there))
    [22:40] * Ruumis gets up, waves friendlily to Bock, and heads out the door before starting to jog back to where the Sheriff was.
    [22:40] * Remus snarls a bit and jerks his claw back, going over and opening up another box
    [22:40] <Zyborg22> ((So, did I find anything in the one I opened?))
    [22:41] <Remus> ((Anybody have any skills that might help them appraise the object i found?))
    [22:41] <Bock> ((Remus, make a sense motive check, DC 10))
    [22:41] <Remus> ((19))
    [22:43] <Direlda> ((I have to be going soon...))
    [22:45] <Zyborg22> Well, shoot. I should have asked Ruumis to ask the Sheriff to bring some repairing tools.
    [22:45] <Bock> Zyborg finds a small ledger book with some of the pages in the middle stuck together, a set of fireplace impliments, several cheap candle-holders, 12 candles, a new looking shovel end with no handle, a pot of ink, 2 quill pens, 3 odd looking mint-rocks with carbon blacking on them (each weighing about 3 pounds), a tinder-box, and other assorted house-hold goods.
    [22:46] * Remus holds up the tubes to Zyborg, "Any idea what this is?"
    [22:46] <Zyborg22> roll 1d20
    [22:46] <Zyborg22> dice 1d20
    [22:46] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 14; Total: 14.
    [22:46] <Zyborg22> (Only 17)
    [22:46] <Bock> ((Remus: You think that Bock was going to tell you something, but when Ruumis went for the Sheriff, he thought that the issue was settled, so if you want to change your leaving him alone, that is fine, it took me a bit to look up the intimidate rules....))
    [22:47] <Zyborg22> I say we keep it and show it around.
    [22:47] * Zyborg22 starts reading the ledger.
    [22:47] <Spheniscine> ((Hmm... is there anything I can do?))
    [22:47] <Direlda> ((I'm leaving now... T.T ))
    [22:47] * Remus glares at Bock and walks back up to him, pulling a chair up and having Saleth slink around the Pez-ants legs, "Okay.... tell me what you know, now."
    [22:47] <Direlda> ((bye))
    [22:48] <Bock> ((Bye Direlda))
    [22:49] <Ruumis> ((bye))
    [22:49] * Direlda says a blessing on his way out
    [22:50] *** Direlda has quit IRC: Quit: May God bless you and may a star shine down upon your path.
    [22:51] * Bock explains that Freddrick (the Ginger-Bread Terrorists actual name) had had him over some nights and discussed how nasty out-planar people are, and that he had seen the ends of the hook-swords in the closet on one or two occasions, but didn't make the connection (much blubbering and "I didn't KNOW!" type stuff.) when he was bringing Zyborg over after Freddrick told him that he knew something that would be helpful to Zyborg.
    [22:52] <Zyborg22> ((So GBT isn't female?))
    [22:52] <Ruumis> ((brb))
    [22:52] <Bock> ((Sense Motive checks from everyone who is listening to him in preference to searching or keeping watch... Direlda is keeping watch.))
    [22:52] <Bock> ((Nope GBT is male))
    [22:52] <Zyborg22> ((The profile says otherwise.))
    [22:52] <Remus> ((14 on the check))
    [22:53] <Bock> ((I guess I changed my mind.))
    [22:53] <Zyborg22> dice 1d20
    [22:53] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 20; Total: 20.
    [22:53] <Spheniscine> dice 1d20
    [22:53] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 9; Total: 9.
    [22:53] <Spheniscine> 19.
    [22:53] <Zyborg22> 22
    [22:54] <Bock> Remus calls him on the fact that he DID know about the Hook-swords... and something about the way he describes the discussions about the evils of outsiders doesn't add up either, but can't quite put your finger on it.
    [22:55] <Zyborg22> Who else was there?
    [22:57] * Bock gives about 8 other names, plus one who only showed up occasionally.
    [22:57] <Bock> ((Another set of Sense Motive checks))
    [22:57] <Remus> ((21))
    [22:57] <Ruumis> ((back))
    [22:57] <Bock> ((Never mind... he got a 5, someone is going to beat that....))
    [22:58] <Bock> Remus notes that one of the names was tacked on at the very end, and he looked a bit shifty when he said it.
    [22:58] <Zyborg22> dice 1d20
    [22:58] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 20; Total: 20.
    [22:58] <Zyborg22> ((22 again.))
    [22:59] <Bock> Zyborg also notes the same thing.
    [23:02] <Bock> ((Ok, I need to get to start getting ready to go over to my parents' house, so we will say the Sheriff arrives and starts interviewing people individually.))
    [23:02] <Bock> ((He has a few deputies with him.))
    [23:02] <Bock> ----------------End Session------------------------
    [23:02] <Bock> Any comments?
    [23:02] <Zyborg22> I'm starting to wonder if Wagz has a crush on me :P .
    [23:02] <Ruumis> I did not expect the coup de grace.
    [23:03] * Ruumis shrugs
    [23:03] *** Ruumis is now known as Hyperion
    [23:03] <Remus> That was good
    [23:03] * Remus grins
    [23:04] <Spheniscine> :3
    [23:04] <Bock> Remus: What was good?
    [23:04] <Spheniscine> I had to curb the urge to threaten to eat Bock... X3
    [23:04] * Hyperion wonders if Ruumis remembered to clean off the syrup from his hands on the way back
    [23:04] <Bock> The coup de grace? The session in general?
    [23:05] <Remus> The session in general
    [23:05] <Zyborg22> I have to agree.
    [23:05] <Remus> It's definitely getting better... *loves the dramatic and story stuff* ^^;
    [23:06] <Hyperion> And Ruumis probably won't get to keep the corpse
    [23:06] <Hyperion> <.<
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DracoDei's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Atlanta,GA USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (3.5) Elemental Plane of Candy/Candy Land play-test data.

    [20:03] <DracoGM> We will say... 200 GP, and go ahead and run your purchases by me... mundane and alchemical is probably fine, but this town is a bit limited on magic stuff.
    [20:04] <Zyborg22> I think I'll save for that magic weapon for now.
    [20:04] *** Hyperion[away] is now known as Hyperion
    [20:05] * DracoGM nods to Zyborg. "Proably wise".
    [20:05] <DracoGM> You also get to keep his weapons and armor.
    [20:05] <Hyperion> hmm
    [20:06] <DracoGM> Not any of his household goods though.
    [20:07] <DracoGM> The armor is standard quality full-plate, which is actually only slightly more common than masterwork full-plate...
    [20:07] <Zyborg22> I couldn't use either, though.
    [20:07] <DracoGM> It is like... I dunno... It is like having a luxury car WITHOUT leather seats or something.
    [20:07] <Hyperion> And Ruumis isn't the sort to use heavy armor.
    [20:07] <Hyperion> Or he'd have plate armor already
    [20:07] *** Spheniscine has joined #DracoD&D
    [20:08] <DracoGM> Ah... sell for half-price then.
    [20:08] <Spheniscine> Hi. :3
    [20:08] <Zyborg22> Does the guy with the crazy fighting style have heavy armor proficiency?
    [20:08] <DracoGM> The swords nobody can use, but you also can't seem to find a buyer for.
    [20:08] <DracoGM> Spheniscine you mean? (Who just arrived! Yay!)
    [20:08] <Zyborg22> Yes.
    [20:08] <Hyperion> they're fancy longswords?
    [20:09] <Hyperion> or...
    [20:09] * Hyperion doesn't remember
    [20:09] <DracoGM> Nope... Spheniscine has good reason to stay in light armor.
    [20:09] <Hyperion> spells
    [20:09] <Zyborg22> Hookswords are their own category of Exotic Weapons.
    [20:09] <Hyperion> ah
    [20:09] <Zyborg22> At least if Syrupus's sheet is any indication.
    [20:10] <Hyperion> hmm
    [20:10] <Hyperion> So 750 for selling the plate armor at half price
    [20:10] * Hyperion has no idea how to distribute that
    [20:10] <DracoGM> Hookswords... damage and crit as longswords, exotic, some nice special properties, but even if you have the Exotic Weapon Proficiency and TWF it still counts as to 1 handed weapons, so you get nasty to-hit penalities.
    [20:10] <Zyborg22> Give it all to me :P .
    [20:10] <Hyperion> mmm
    [20:10] <DracoGM> And if you only weild 1 you might as well be weilding a longsword.
    [20:10] <Hyperion> heh
    [20:11] <DracoGM> Well... sorta...
    [20:11] <DracoGM> The trick to them is that if you have the EWP you can link or unlink them as a swift action during your turn.
    [20:12] <DracoGM> Linked they are a single weapon with reach like a spiked chain.
    [20:12] <DracoGM> Unlinked you use TWF with them.
    [20:13] <Hyperion> huh
    [20:13] <DracoGM> So... they are cool enough that if Direlda were on the TWF path, rather than Archery, he might want them.
    [20:13] <Zyborg22> About 4 or 5 guys in the party, right?
    [20:13] <DracoGM> No good for tripping at 10' though...
    [20:14] <DracoGM> Zyborg: You, Ruumis, Remus, Spheniscine, Direlda... so yeah, 5.
    [20:14] <Zyborg22> Maybe an extra 150 to all of them.
    [20:14] <DracoGM> Spheniscine: So the party got 200 GP each for rooting out the terrorists...
    [20:15] <Spheniscine> ^^
    [20:15] <Spheniscine> Shinies!
    [20:15] <DracoGM> And I do believe it is 600 GP for the armor if sold at half-price.
    [20:16] <Hyperion> 750
    [20:16] <Hyperion> full plate costs 1500 normally
    [20:16] <Zyborg22> Get Remus to intimidate the shopkeeper to pay the full 1500 :P .
    [20:16] <Hyperion> 9.9
    [20:17] <Hyperion> All shopkeepers everywhere are epic level ex-adventurers.
    [20:17] <Hyperion> Wouldn't work.
    [20:17] <Zyborg22> Oh, yeah.
    [20:17] <Zyborg22> Reminds me of my dullahan blacksmith idea.
    [20:18] <Zyborg22> Are we going back to town immediately after this? If so, I might go get repaired.
    [20:19] * DracoGM is currently trying to get www.d20srd.org to come up.
    [20:19] <DracoGM> Zyborg: You are all back in town.
    [20:19] <Hyperion> so... Are we dividing the money from the armor equally to all, or some get more?
    [20:19] <Spheniscine> Works for me...
    [20:19] <Zyborg22> How much would it cost me to get repaired?
    [20:19] <Hyperion> right. then everyone gets 150 for the armor selling
    [20:19] <Hyperion> How injured are you?
    [20:20] <DracoGM> 1,500 is right... huh...
    [20:20] <Zyborg22> 10/20
    [20:20] <Hyperion> role 3d8
    [20:20] <Hyperion> blah
    [20:20] <Hyperion> roll 3d8
    [20:20] <Zyborg22> dice 3d8
    [20:20] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 2:2:8; Total: 12.
    [20:20] <Hyperion> fine. :P
    [20:20] <Hyperion> that just healed you... 7.5 damage
    [20:20] <Hyperion> hp
    [20:20] <Hyperion> whatever
    [20:21] <DracoGM> So yeah... 200 gp reward, plus 150 from the sale of the armor (which takes a few days to happen).
    [20:21] <Zyborg22> Thanks.
    [20:21] <Hyperion> hmm
    [20:22] <Hyperion> don't think you should spend money on repairs when we have a cleric, so... How much damage do you have now?
    [20:22] <Zyborg22> I have 17.5 HP now.
    [20:22] <DracoGM> so 2.5 hp to go.
    [20:22] <Hyperion> dice 1d8+4
    [20:22] <Zyborg22> dice 1d8
    [20:22] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 8; Total: 8.
    [20:23] <Hyperion> tah dah.
    [20:23] <Zyborg22> Wagzbot doesn't like modifiers.
    [20:23] <Hyperion> yeah
    [20:27] <DracoGM> For anyone who missed it (and since "acting" as spot characters is a difficult, although perhaps beneficial, excercise for me), the Sheriff handles the continued interogation of Bock, and looks through the books in the house of the ginger-bread man with the hook-swords.
    [20:29] <DracoGM> It is his conclusion that the guy you fought was the core of all of this.
    [20:29] <Hyperion> Yay.
    [20:29] *** Direlda has joined #DracoD&D
    [20:29] <Direlda> ((sorry I'm late, was turning in a job application))
    [20:29] <Hyperion> yay again
    [20:30] <Hyperion> brb
    [20:30] <DracoGM> In the days that follow there is one hostage stand-off as the Sheriff arrests the others who were involved.
    [20:31] <DracoGM> Your evidence is entered into the record, and then you are free to go...
    [20:31] <DracoGM> In fact, the Sheriff things it would be for the best if you got out of town until the trials are over.
    [20:32] *** Hyperion is now known as Ruumis
    [20:33] <Spheniscine> OK. Where shall we go?
    [20:34] <Zyborg22> I say we get someone to put on a blindfold and point to a random place on that map.
    [20:34] <DracoGM> The restaurant owner is willing to provide preserved meals for your sojourn, and even has an odd situation that bears looking into.
    [20:35] <Zyborg22> Or you guys can go get something to eat if you want.
    [20:35] <Ruumis> ((heh))
    [20:35] <DracoGM> Since Pallas is part of the "It would be for the best if you weren't around for a bit" group, and the situation is of a natural bent...
    [20:35] <Ruumis> ((This the same day or a different day?))
    [20:35] <DracoGM> Err... it is the SHERIFF who knows about the odd situation...
    [20:36] <Direlda> Well... I like odd situations
    [20:36] <DracoGM> ((Different day... probably about a week later, what with shopping and giving testimony into the record, and specifically against Bock.))
    [20:37] <Ruumis> "The situation is never as odd as they say it is."
    [20:38] <Zyborg22> This coming from...you.
    [20:39] <Ruumis> "What? No. That's one of Chestnut's sayings."
    [20:39] <Ruumis> ((Chestnut being the skeleton horse. :D ))
    [20:39] <Zyborg22> The horse isn't much less odd than you are.
    [20:40] * Ruumis goes to talk to the sheriff if we aren't already there.
    [20:40] <DracoGM> There have been two small farms wiped out lately. Both raised sheep.
    [20:40] <Ruumis> "Candy sheep?"
    [20:41] <Zyborg22> Cotton candy, I think.
    [20:41] <Spheniscine> Chestnut speaks?
    [20:41] * Spheniscine stares at Chestnut
    [20:41] <DracoGM> The only witness was a Pez-Ant of about 14 who was the only one at home when the deaths occured.
    [20:41] <Ruumis> ((It's a mindless skeleton horse, it does not talk))
    [20:41] <DracoGM> She said it looked like wolves had done it...
    [20:41] <Spheniscine> ((X3))
    [20:41] <DracoGM> Which is plausible enough...
    [20:42] <Direlda> I say we investigate
    [20:42] <Spheniscine> ((Ruumis is just... not quite there eh? Well, neither is my character... X3))
    [20:42] <DracoGM> Wolves get hungry enough, go for the sheep, Pez-Ants try to stop them, Pez-Ants lose and get eaten...
    [20:43] <Ruumis> "I want to see some candy sheep and some candy wolves..."
    [20:43] <Spheniscine> Mmm... candy wolves...
    [20:43] <Zyborg22> I say we ask her questions.
    [20:43] *** DracoGM is now known as Sheriff
    [20:43] <Ruumis> "Right. Where's the farms?"
    [20:44] <Sheriff> Well, I already asked her everything I could think of, so ask me, and if I don't know any particular thing, we can ask her together.
    [20:44] <Sheriff> But I wasn't finished...
    [20:44] <Ruumis> "Huh?"
    [20:44] <Sheriff> Now there are two odd things about all this...
    [20:45] <Ruumis> "Funny odd or creepy odd?"
    [20:45] <Sheriff> Neither is the word I would chose ma'self.
    [20:46] <Sheriff> _Suspicious_ odd...
    [20:46] * Spheniscine nods
    [20:47] <Sheriff> Of course, it could be nothing you understand.
    [20:47] <Direlda> oh?
    [20:47] <Sheriff> In any case, the first thing is that the attacks happened so close together...
    [20:48] <Spheniscine> And the second thing?
    [20:49] <Sheriff> It is only a few days journey from here, but by the time Friz buried her family, got here, and we sent someone out to warn the others in the area, another farm had already been wiped out.
    [20:49] <Spheniscine> Eep.
    [20:49] <Direlda> hmm...
    [20:49] <Sheriff> The second is that the wolves in that area are actually pretty docile.
    [20:50] <Spheniscine> Hmm sounds... suspiciously suspicious...
    [20:50] <Zyborg22> What's the likelihood that Friz herself did it?
    [20:51] <Sheriff> Any traveler knows better than to mess with them, but they are often seen, but rarely close up. Like they aren't afraid, but also don't consider Sapients to be on the menu.
    [20:51] * Sheriff shudders.
    [20:51] * Spheniscine magicks up a private eye costume and magnifying glass and begins examining the ground ((hope that doesn't cause any problems, it's just for RP))
    [20:52] <Sheriff> ((You don't have "Paper Thin Disguise" so you can't do that... yet.))
    [20:52] <Spheniscine> ((lol))
    [20:52] <Spheniscine> ((Ah.))
    [20:54] <Spheniscine> ((I get to recharge my maneuvers, yes?))
    [20:55] <Ruumis> "The sheep had the marks of animal attacks?"
    [20:55] <Sheriff> Well, I really don't think that was the case... but assuming she really is ((spends many many words explaining the concept, since the word hasn't actually been invented yet, or at least isn't known here. But it comes down to "psychopath"), then having more evidence, rather than less would help me in dealing with her... I will get the same cleric that helped us before to case a detection spell on her though (Det. Evil and Det. Chaos).
    [20:56] <Spheniscine> ((brb))
    [20:57] <Zyborg22> Yeah...that would probably be a good idea. Did she actually see the attacks, or just the results?
    [20:57] <Sheriff> ((Spheniscine: They recharge AUTOMATICALLY after 5 minutes of doing anything, and you can swap readied ones in 5 minutes of practice, and shifting stances is a Swift action.))
    [20:57] <Sheriff> ((So, since it has been a WEEK, yes, you are set up however you want to be, and loaded for whatever comes your way.))
    [20:59] <Sheriff> She saw something she thinks she saw wolves, at various times after she found her family dead, but only from far away. The bite marks looked like wolf to her, and she is shepardess enough to know.
    [21:00] <Zyborg22> Perhaps they're worgs.
    [21:00] <Sheriff> Of course, some of them there wasn't enough left of to see clear bite marks per se, but she knows what THAT looks like to...
    [21:01] <Sheriff> Perhaps...
    [21:01] <Zyborg22> Or maybe Barghests.
    [21:02] <Sheriff> What is a Barghest?
    [21:02] <Zyborg22> ((We do have Barghests here, don't we?))
    [21:02] <Ruumis> "Huh? What? Barghests?"
    [21:02] <Spheniscine> ((back))
    [21:03] <Zyborg22> I think they're some sort of shapeshifting wolves.
    [21:04] <Ruumis> "Oh, those things. They're cute."
    [21:04] <Zyborg22> They could also be dire wolves or some shapeshifters. I guess this kind of conjecture won't help until we get more info, though.
    [21:04] <Sheriff> ((You have heard of them, but don't know about if they appear on this plane, the Sheriff has never heard of them. Some research will turn up one very simple fact: Barghests kill to steal the soul of the victim... which requires that they eat the whole body, and their swallow their dead prey whole... these creatures left the cracked open exoskeletons of the family behind).
    [21:04] <Sheriff> ))
    [21:05] <Sheriff> *they swallow their dead prey whole
    [21:05] <Ruumis> ((Hmm... Think Ruumis would know that.))
    [21:05] <Ruumis> ((Not sure if he'd say anything though. :\ ))
    [21:06] <Direlda> It's probably been too long to track them
    [21:06] <Direlda> But I say we check out the farms anyways
    [21:06] <Ruumis> "We can look around, and if we're lucky they'll attack us and we can solve the problem."
    [21:07] <Zyborg22> Just make sure blood-licker over here doesn't eat any of the corpses.
    [21:07] * Spheniscine merps
    [21:07] <Spheniscine> Sorry?
    [21:07] <Ruumis> "Blood is good for you."
    [21:08] <Zyborg22> Meaple such as yourselves don't need more Pez-Ants hating you.
    [21:09] <Spheniscine> ((Was kinda trying to clean you up, hoping that we'll avoid blowing cover, but to whom, I'm not so sure in retrospect... X3))
    [21:09] <Zyborg22> ((You could have said that :P ))
    [21:09] <Direlda> ((teehee))
    [21:11] <Ruumis> "Anything else we should know?"
    [21:11] <Sheriff> So... what is your next question, or are you ready to go make your preparations, on the assumption that tommorrow's testing of Friz doesn't turn up anything useful?
    [21:11] <Sheriff> I can't think of anything...
    [21:13] <Spheniscine> ((So Pallas will be an NPC tagging along?))
    [21:14] <Sheriff> Pallas is going to be carrying Clem and traveling seperately... she can fly, and none of you can. Clem is the only one light enough for her to carry.
    [21:15] <Sheriff> ((You will be meeting up on a regular basis...))
    [21:15] <Spheniscine> ((Ah.))
    [21:15] <Sheriff> ((As in, every few days...))
    [21:16] <Sheriff> ((So... purchases, spell prep, initial maneuver selection... strategy planning... can I go semi-AFK to cook something?))
    [21:17] <Sheriff> ((Or are you ready to proceed?))
    [21:17] <Ruumis> ((Think so))
    [21:17] <Sheriff> ((Which?))
    [21:17] <Direlda> ((proceed, I think?))
    [21:18] <Ruumis> ((Or whatever.))
    [21:18] <Spheniscine> ((Strategy?))
    [21:18] <Ruumis> ((We're going there, don't think we need to send just Zyborg again.))
    [21:18] <Zyborg22> ((I don't mind proceeding))
    [21:19] <Spheniscine> ((Me neither :3))
    [21:20] <Direlda> ((I could scout ahead when we get closer))
    [21:20] <Sheriff> ((Ok... now for something that may see a lot of re-use... marching order and camping proceedures?))
    [21:20] <Spheniscine> ((What's that?))
    [21:20] <Ruumis> ((For the traveling.))
    [21:21] <Ruumis> ((Something may or may not happen, and he needs to know who's doing what and where))
    [21:21] <Direlda> ((I can go first to scout...))
    [21:21] <Sheriff> ((Is that a general rule, or just for this case? How far ahead?))
    [21:22] <Ruumis> ((I call back of the party due to having the ability to defend myself if we're attacked from behind, but also able to help from there.))
    [21:23] <Direlda> ((it can be a general rule... as for distance ahead... anyone have any ideas))
    [21:23] <Zyborg22> ((I'll go second scout, since I'm fast and need to be up front to be effective))
    [21:23] <Spheniscine> Hmm... perhaps at a distance where we can see you?
    [21:27] <Sheriff> ((Zyborg: Why do you say you need to be out front to be effective?))
    [21:27] <Zyborg22> ((Because I forgot about the arrows.))
    [21:28] <Zyborg22> ((I still think my movement speed and trap sense is conductive to being a good scout, though))
    [21:28] <Ruumis> ((We have two rogues.))
    [21:28] <Ruumis> ((Woooh.))
    [21:28] <Spheniscine> ((I think middle is good enough for me... X3))
    [21:29] <Sheriff> ((Ruumis: Well, a rogue and a ranger... BTW, the wereskunk, Lyle, and Buzzy are... off exploring some place completely different.))
    [21:30] <Direlda> ((I'm a ranger, so in the wild I'm probably a better scout))
    [21:30] <Direlda> ((in cities, not so much))
    [21:30] <Zyborg22> ((Which is why you're first :P ))
    [21:31] <Sheriff> ((Doesn't make a difference for move silently, spot, listen, and hide... Knowledge(Nature) and Track are where the difference might come in.))
    [21:34] <Direlda> ((so how far out ahead do you want me?))
    [21:34] <Sheriff> ((When you get to camping, remember that Zyborg is going to be on watch all night if I remember correctly.))
    [21:35] <Zyborg22> ((Yeah. Makes sense))
    [21:37] <Spheniscine> ((He doesn't need to sleep, huh? :3))
    [21:37] <Zyborg22> ((Nope))
    [21:40] <Ruumis> ((Should/will we have a schedule for watches at camp then?))
    [21:40] <Ruumis> ((I call first watch if we do. For no reason.))
    [21:41] <Sheriff> (A watch schedule is one of the standard things to make, yes.))
    [21:42] <Zyborg22> ((I take the night shift, obviously))
    [21:44] <Ruumis> ((Right. Spheniscine? Direlda? ))
    [21:46] <Ruumis> (( :\ ))
    [21:46] <Direlda> ((I'll go after Zyborg, I suppose))
    [21:47] <Spheniscine> ((Hmm... I'm okay with whatever... X3))
    [21:50] <Ruumis> ((Ok then.))
    [21:52] <Ruumis> ((Wooooooosh!))
    [21:52] <Sheriff> ((Woosh?))
    [21:52] <Ruumis> ((I d'know. Are we fast-traveling or something?))
    [21:52] <Sheriff> ((Also, could I get each of those things clearly listed out in a single sentence?))
    [21:52] <Sheriff> ((Assuming you are done?))
    [21:53] <Ruumis> ((((Ok... Direlda is in front, scouting, Zyborg is scouting behind them, Spheniscine is in the middle, and Ruumis is in the back, when traveling.))
    [21:54] <Spheniscine> ((Where's Remus?))
    [21:54] <Sheriff> ((How far, in feet, between each?))
    [21:54] <Ruumis> ((An excellent question, which he is not here to answer.))
    [21:54] <Spheniscine> ((lol))
    [21:55] <Zyborg22> ((I say we put him in front and let him take all of the blows :P ))
    [21:56] <Sheriff> ((He doesn't need to be here to answer that. If he has some input that causes the formation to be modified, then that can be changed later. As it is, you need to decide that without him. As the standard squishy wizard with ranged spells, I recommend the middle of the formation.))
    [21:56] <Ruumis> ((Hmm. Remus is the wizard, so he get's to be in th middle of the main group. Five foot between us all. Don't know how far ahead the scouts are.))
    [21:57] <Sheriff> ((5 feet = adjacent squares))
    [21:57] <Ruumis> ((Yes.))
    [21:58] <Direlda> ((how far ahead do you think a scout should be? 50 feet? 100 feet?))
    [21:59] <Ruumis> ((Less than 100, so we can get there in one round))
    [22:00] <Sheriff> ((80 feet is what Ruumis can run in a round if he is using Medium armor... I think.))
    [22:00] <Ruumis> ((Althugh I'll be on a horse, but yeah, 80 ft running on foot))
    [22:00] <Sheriff> ((30 base, reduced to 20 for medium armor, x4 for running))
    [22:01] <Sheriff> ((Oh, right... Forgot the horse))
    [22:01] <Sheriff> Oh!
    [22:01] <Sheriff> Just remembered something...
    [22:01] <Sheriff> Not quite sure...
    [22:02] <Sheriff> But I did confirm a rumor...
    [22:02] <Sheriff> Almost a superstition...
    [22:02] <Sheriff> Sheep do fine up that way...
    [22:02] <Sheriff> Goats... not so much.
    [22:02] <Sheriff> Don't know if that has anything to do with anything...
    [22:03] <Ruumis> ((El chupicabra!))
    [22:03] <Direlda> Interesting
    [22:04] <Ruumis> "Right."
    [22:08] <Sheriff> Direlda (50 foot space) Zyborg (50 foot space) Spheniscine, Remus, Ruumis(on Chestnut)?
    [22:09] <Ruumis> ((Hmm. Sounds right.))
    [22:09] <Sheriff> If that is correct, then what about the watch order?
    [22:09] *** Sheriff is now known as DracoGM
    [22:11] <Ruumis> ((Not sure on the day watch, but night watch: Ruumis, Zyborg (For a long while), Direlda, Spheniscine, Remus.))
    [22:11] <Zyborg22> ((And I may stick around during the others shifts if I have nothing else to do.))
    [22:12] *** Zyborg22 is now known as Awayborg
    [22:12] <Ruumis> (( You have to go?))
    [22:13] <Direlda> ((I have to go soon))
    [22:16] *** Awayborg is now known as Zyborg22
    [22:17] <DracoGM> Eh....
    [22:17] <DracoGM> ((Want to call it now?))
    [22:17] <DracoGM> ((And the assumption is that you are traveling during the day, not keeping watch.))
    [22:18] <Zyborg22> ((I don't actually have to go. It doesn't matter to me if we call it now or not, though.))
    [22:21] <DracoGM> Ok, any particular layout for the camp?
    [22:22] <DracoGM> And, specific to this situation, will you be taking the beaten path and staying at the usual places, or traveling cross-country as much as possible?
    [22:23] <Zyborg22> ((By usual places, you mean like towns and stuff?))
    [22:24] <Ruumis> ((hmm. I vote we take the road and inns.))
    [22:24] <Zyborg22> ((So do I, unless there's a reason to go cross-country))
    [22:24] <DracoGM> ((Nah, just campsites that people have tended to use over time, and thus are time-tested, and already have fire-circles, and maybe a few other amenities... maybe the branches (if any) cut back and brush cleared to keep forest fires from starting...
    [22:24] <DracoGM> ))
    [22:25] <DracoGM> I am assuming you are staying at inns until you get to the relevant area...
    [22:25] <Zyborg22> ((I still vote for the beaten path unless there's a good reason to go cross-country))
    [22:25] <Spheniscine> ((I guess we'll stick to those, unless there's a reason to go off))
    [22:25] <DracoGM> The area in question however, is very sparsely populated.
    [22:25] <DracoGM> And I am wondering how you intend to travel once you get into the genera area.
    [22:27] <Direlda> ((good question))
    [22:29] <Zyborg22> ((Walk, I guess :P ))
    [22:30] <DracoGM> ((Well, I suspect Ruumis is going to ride... but other than that... obviously...))
    [22:30] <Direlda> ((anyways, I have to go now... ^^; ))
    [22:30] <DracoGM> ((Bye...))
    [22:31] <Spheniscine> ((Bye.))
    [22:31] *** Direlda has left #DracoD&D
    [22:32] <DracoGM> ((I am actually fading pretty bad, so I am going to end the formal part of the session here... I will still be around intermittantly to answer questions, but I want the route criterion and the standard camp geometry figured out by next session.))
    [22:32] <DracoGM> ((The area is a mix of forests and planes.))
    [22:34] <DracoGM> ((plains))
    [22:38] <Spheniscine> Ah.
    [22:38] <Ruumis> ((So, will the others be buying or renting horses or such?))
    [22:39] <Spheniscine> (Hmm... do we need them?))
    [22:39] <Zyborg22> ((I won't.))
    [22:45] <Zyborg22> ((I can't speak for anyone else, though.))
    [22:45] <Spheniscine> ((I don't know whether we need them, or how to tell... X3))
    [22:49] <Zyborg22> ((So, how are we going to do the camp geometry?))
    [22:54] <Ruumis> ((hmm.))
    [22:55] <Spheniscine> ((Square? Circle? Triangle? Dodecahedron? Tesseract?))
    [22:55] <Spheniscine> ((:p))
    [22:55] <Zyborg22> ((I was thinking pentagon))
    [22:56] <Zyborg22> ((Or a square, with a tent in each corner))
    [22:59] * Ruumis will be keeping the skeleton horse next to his resting place, because the undead don't need sleep anyway.
    [23:04] *** Ruumis is now known as Hyperion[away]
    [23:08] <DracoGM> Fire circle in the middle?
    [23:08] <DracoGM> And who is next to who?
    [23:09] <Hyperion[away]> hmm
    [23:10] <Zyborg22> ((I imagine there'd be a fire circle))
    [23:11] <Spheniscine> ((Wow, this is so complicated... X3))
    [23:12] <Hyperion[away]> ((Ok, with an arbitrary "Up" for directional reference... Ruumis calls upper right corner for himself))
    [23:12] <DracoGM> ((Only the first few times you do it... (for different campaigns, or in unusual circumstances/when the party roster changes.
    [23:14] <Zyborg22> ((I'm not sure I need a tent, but I could inhabit the tent of whoever's on guard duty))
    [23:14] <DracoGM> ((You don't need a tent...))
    [23:15] <Zyborg22> ((I didn't think so. The tent inhabiting would be if I need somewhere quiet to do something.))
    [23:16] <DracoGM> ((Unlikely to come up very often.))
    [23:17] *** DracoGM is now known as DracoSemiAway
    [23:25] <Zyborg22> ((Ok. Maybe you should assign everyone else random spots :P ?))
    [23:44] <Spheniscine> ((I won't mind...))
    [23:44] <Spheniscine> ((Just stick me anywhere X3))
    [23:50] <Spheniscine> Gotta go. Bye. :3
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DracoDei's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Atlanta,GA USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (3.5) Elemental Plane of Candy/Candy Land play-test data.

    Direlda's first favored enemy is Humanoid(Goblinoid).

    [20:13] <DracoGM> ----------Session Start------------
    [20:14] <Ruumis> ((Oh, and Chestnut has standing orders to obey the others in the group))
    [20:15] <DracoGM> ((Don't know if that works for Mindless, but whichever... Chestnut is not any good on watch I don't think...))
    [20:15] <Ruumis> ((No she isn't))
    [20:16] <Ruumis> ((She has darkvision, but, is utterly stupid due to lacking a brain.))
    [20:16] <Ruumis> ((I'm just going by how golems work. <.< ))
    [20:17] <DracoGM> ((So, Robin is going to be a traveller you met halfway to the distance from where you were to the last farm-house on the actual cart-worthy road. Other than that... just describe your proceedures))
    [20:17] <Zyborg22> ((He's not the same guy he was before?))
    [20:17] <DracoGM> ((I am not going to torment y'all further by asking for a marching order, but you can set one up if you like.))
    [20:18] <Ruumis> ((Thought we already figured that out?))
    [20:18] <Remus> ((Where are we, right now?))
    [20:18] <Ruumis> ((And the new wizard can just go with the other one))
    [20:19] <DracoGM> ((I thought he never actually played, there-for you just met... he is using the same sheet as before, with one tweak, but is now a native of the plane so is made of of white chocolate.))
    [20:19] <Ruumis> (( A half silver-chocolate-dragon. ))
    [20:19] <DracoGM> ((You... have just met Robin and are explaining the situation and reviewing your approach to the situation.))
    [20:20] <DracoGM> ((GO!!!))
    [20:20] <Ruumis> "So, we don't know what it is, do we?"
    [20:20] <DracoGM> ((BTW, do the explaination IC, because Robin probably has no idea of the situation OOC.))
    [20:21] <Zyborg22> Oh, new guy!
    [20:21] <Spheniscine> ((How did we meet him?))
    [20:21] <Spheniscine> ((Oh... sorry, half asleep...))
    [20:21] <Spheniscine> ((X3))
    [20:21] <Ruumis> "I mean, going to a farm to figure out what's killing the sheep is fine, and gives plenty of opportunity to look at dead sheep, but we might run into a pack of dire wolves."
    [20:22] <Ruumis> "Chestnut does not like dire wolves."
    [20:22] <Remus> ((I am totally lost.... oh, missed a session... link, Draco?))
    [20:22] <Spheniscine> "Awr, it'd just be like my family reunion..."
    [20:23] <Spheniscine> ((:p))
    [20:23] <Direlda> "That would be dire indeed"
    [20:23] <DracoGM> ((Log: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7392298 ))
    [20:25] <RobinFiredrake> "Chestnut is dead. Why would she need to worry about wolves?"
    [20:25] <Ruumis> "Besides not getting eaten, what should we do?"
    [20:25] <Zyborg22> They'd pick her bones. Wolves apparently like bones.
    [20:25] <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [20:25] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 18; Total: 18.
    [20:25] <Ruumis> "I beg your pardon. Chestnut is NOT 'dead'. She is very much alive, just isn't as alive as you."
    [20:26] * Ruumis nods
    [20:26] <Zyborg22> We should look at stuff.
    [20:26] <RobinFiredrake> "Whatever works for you. Not my horse. Must be a pain to ride..."
    [20:27] <Ruumis> "Would a dead horse be wearing a beret? I think not."
    [20:27] <Direlda> I don't actually think the wolves would care for her bones
    [20:27] * Ruumis starts rambling about how great a horse Chestnut is.
    [20:28] * Remus offers Ruumis some taffy to shut him up
    [20:28] <Zyborg22> Let's have Sphen over here test the bones and see if they're likable.
    [20:28] * Ruumis accepts the taffy and gives some to Chestnut as well.
    [20:28] <Direlda> "If we ran into wolves, Chestnut would probably be one of the last attacked"
    [20:30] * RobinFiredrake twitches his frills. "Are we going to go, or sit here talking about whether or not wolves would like Chestnut?"
    [20:30] <Zyborg22> Let's do both!
    [20:30] <Ruumis> ((We've been walking, I thought.))
    [20:30] * Spheniscine laughs at Zyborg's comment
    [20:31] <Direlda> ((cue travel montage!))
    [20:31] <DracoGM> ((You are about to make me cry...))
    [20:32] <Spheniscine> ((?))
    [20:32] <DracoGM> ((Well... maybe not... we will see...))
    [20:32] <Ruumis> (( O: ))
    [20:32] <DracoGM> ((You are travelling along... keep talking...))
    [20:33] <Ruumis> "Anyway, this reminds me of a situation I got into a few years back."
    [20:33] <Direlda> "In any case, I'm glad to be out of town. My legs were getting cramped"
    [20:34] <Direlda> "What sort of situation was that?"
    [20:36] <RobinFiredrake> "Something painful, I'll bet. Tell us about it."
    [20:38] <Ruumis> "See, there was a marut, and he insisted that rather vampiric friend of mine had cheated a friend of his. We had to investigate and we discover that there was a salmon who had been rigging the decks for a friend. He led us all to his buddy and then there was the city guard, several crates of syrup, and a large amount of bees and we all had a good laugh at the end of the day."
    [20:38] <Ruumis> "The golems were not amused."
    [20:39] <Remus> ((Caught up now))
    [20:39] <Ruumis> (( And no, that was complete nonsense and didn't happen in his backstory ever.))
    [20:40] * RobinFiredrake twitches his frills yet again. "I don't suppose a word of that was anything resembling truth?"
    [20:40] <Spheniscine> "I had a special term in my childhood for days like that. Tuesday."
    [20:40] <Ruumis> "Why of course it was the truth. Why would I lie?"
    [20:40] * Ruumis blinks.
    [20:40] * Remus rolls his eyes and offers Ruumis more taffy, "I think we can deal without the extra dash of insanity for now"
    [20:41] <Ruumis> "Oh, thank you." *accepts the taffy*
    [20:41] * Spheniscine randomly licks Remus
    [20:41] * RobinFiredrake stares at the taffy. "I sure hope that's no one I know..."
    [20:42] * Remus shakes his head, "Nah... got this in the market"
    [20:42] <Spheniscine> ((Not just the people are made of candy... plants are made of candy too...))
    [20:42] * Remus twitches at the lick
    [20:42] <Ruumis> "Don't lick kitsunes, you don't know where they've been."
    [20:43] * Remus glares at Ruumis, "Not a Kitsune!"
    [20:43] <Direlda> "Heh"
    [20:43] <Zyborg22> Don't lick Remus. You don't know where he's been.
    [20:43] <Ruumis> "Really? Huhm. Guess Chestnut was mistaken."
    [20:43] <Zyborg22> Wait...actually, you probably do.
    [20:43] <RobinFiredrake> "I've known a few kitsunes. Horrible tricksters, all of them."
    [20:43] * Ruumis starts muttering in infernal at his undead horse.
    [20:43] <Spheniscine> ((Isn't Direlda one?))
    [20:44] <Ruumis> ((Does anyone else know infernal or can I continue muttering without people knowing what I'm saying?))
    [20:44] <Direlda> ((teehee))
    [20:44] * Remus chuckles and pets Saleth, who's riding on his shoulder
    [20:45] <Remus> ((I do not know it... Just Ignan, Gnoll, and Celestial))
    [20:46] <Direlda> ((common and elven for me and yes, you could say I'm a kitsune, since I have foxfire...))
    [20:46] <Ruumis> ((ok then. Don't have to make up stuff for him to be asking Chestnut))
    [20:47] <Direlda> "What's so wrong with the Kitsune?"
    [20:47] * RobinFiredrake shudders. "Well, there's the illusions for one."
    [20:47] <Remus> Just that i am not one :P
    [20:48] * Remus raises an eyebrow at Robin, "Illusions? and here i thought you a Wizard"
    [20:48] * Ruumis laughs at something Chestnut apparently said.
    [20:49] <Direlda> "I didn't do so well in that subject..."
    [20:49] <RobinFiredrake> "I am. But waking up and staring at faceless person would shock anyone."
    [20:50] <Zyborg22> Except maybe another faceless person.
    [20:50] <Remus> True... but would the faceless person be able to see?
    [20:50] <Direlda> "That sounds more like the Tengu, or something worse..."
    [20:51] <RobinFiredrake> "Tengu have a face, I do believe. But no outer body. Anyhow, it was an illusion."
    [20:51] * Remus nearly trips over a rock and mutters, picking it up and examining
    [20:51] <DracoGM> ((Is everyone having fun?))
    [20:52] <Zyborg22> ((Yes))
    [20:52] <Direlda> "It sounds more like the sort of trick they would play, that's all I'm saying"
    [20:52] <RobinFiredrake> ((Yes))
    [20:52] <Direlda> ((yes!))
    [20:52] <Spheniscine> ((Meep :p))
    [20:52] * Remus tries nibbling on the rock
    [20:52] * RobinFiredrake winces at the sight of the fox. "Break your teeth, that way."
    [20:53] <Ruumis> "Why are you eating that rock? You aren't a dwarf."
    [20:53] * Remus twitches, "Pop rock...."
    [20:53] <Remus> Giant pop rock... *crackling sounds can be heard*
    [20:53] <DracoGM> ((Ok, just making sure we didn't have a misunderstanding... this is not at all the sort of discussion I was expecting... which is fine, but you are going to need an actual plan sooner or later...))
    [20:53] <Ruumis> ((I don't know what we're facing, don't know what to plan for.))
    [20:54] <DracoGM> ((But that could be "Step one: Look at farmstead that got massacred."))
    [20:54] * Remus tosses the rock off the side of the road, "How much farther we go today?"
    [20:54] <DracoGM> The wind picks up a little.
    [20:54] <Spheniscine> ((Yeah, pretty much it Draco))
    [20:55] <DracoGM> ((If everyone is fine with that then that works.))
    [20:55] <Ruumis> ((Think so))
    [20:55] * RobinFiredrake straightens up and stretches. "Aaaah, that's what I need. Good chill air."
    [20:55] <Direlda> ((plan = impromptu ))
    [20:56] <Remus> ((Fine here))
    [20:56] <Spheniscine> Ah, nothing like the feeling of the wind blowing in your fur...
    [20:56] <Zyborg22> Eh...it's alright.
    [20:56] * Remus grins and nods to Spheniscine, "There isn't anything, i don't think"
    [20:56] * Remus lifts his head up and sniffs deep
    [20:56] <Direlda> "Ahh wind"
    [20:57] * Ruumis looks around and up to check the weather.
    [20:57] <RobinFiredrake> "So, how much further is this farm, anyway?"
    [20:57] <DracoGM> The sky has only a few small clouds in it.
    [20:58] <DracoGM> ((More than 2 days journey, I don't remember what I said before exactly... maybe someone else does.))
    [20:58] <Ruumis> "How far? Few more days at least."
    [20:58] <Direlda> "If you want, I can try and predict the weather"
    [20:59] <RobinFiredrake> "Oooh, yes, if you would. Rain, hopefully."
    [20:59] <Zyborg22> Why rain?
    [20:59] <Remus> "Ack no, no rain.... *shudders*"
    [20:59] <Remus> "I tell you, wet fur does not smell good"
    [20:59] * Direlda looks at the sky for signs of the weather
    [21:00] <Direlda> dice 1d20
    [21:00] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 7; Total: 7.
    [21:00] <RobinFiredrake> "Because rain smells nice. And it's cold."
    [21:00] <Direlda> ((7+9=16 survival for predicting the weather))
    [21:01] * Remus mumbles and pulls his cloak tighter around himself
    [21:01] <Ruumis> "Should still find shelter for the night, no matter the weather. Don't know what it rains here, but it probably isn't pleasant. Unless it's blood, but that seems... Unlikely."
    [21:01] <Direlda> "It looks like the weather will be windy, clear, and cool"
    [21:01] <DracoGM> ((Corn Syrup usually...))
    [21:02] <Ruumis> ((right.))
    [21:02] <Zyborg22> The last thing I want is syrup in my joints. It's so restricting.
    [21:02] <Remus> And it would just be a pain to get out of fur...
    [21:03] <RobinFiredrake> "What you all need is scales."
    [21:03] <Ruumis> "Well, keep going till a few hours till sunset then look for camp?"
    [21:03] <Direlda> "Sounds good"
    [21:03] <Spheniscine> Good idea.
    [21:03] * Remus nods
    [21:03] <DracoGM> ((Tell me when you are ready to fast-forward to the first interesting thing to happen...))
    [21:04] <Ruumis> ((Woooosh!))
    [21:04] <Remus> ((Woooooooooooosh!))
    [21:04] <Ruumis> ((That's a yes.))
    [21:04] <RobinFiredrake> (Bring out the tardis.)
    [21:04] <Zyborg22> I'd say we just keep going until it looks like it'll rain, but I doubt any of you would like that.
    [21:04] <DracoGM> ((I don't mind character interaction, just wanted to be clear on when to proceed.))
    [21:05] <Remus> Ooh... yes...
    [21:05] <Zyborg22> ((Now it' s a yes))
    [21:05] <Ruumis> "Chestnut wouldn't mind. Don't think the others could."
    [21:05] <Remus> If it starts to rain, we're finding a spot and i'm diving into my tent >.>
    [21:05] <Direlda> "I could keep walking for a while - this is much better than sitting around in town"
    [21:05] <Spheniscine> ((Yeah, sure, fast forward :3))
    [21:06] <Remus> ((Onward!))
    [21:06] <DracoGM> Ok... you stayed the night in a barn last night, and it is growing time to pitch the tents for the first time. Direlda is planning on picking out a nice spot for the night...
    [21:06] <DracoGM> Everyone make me spot checks...
    [21:06] <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [21:06] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 9; Total: 9.
    [21:06] <Zyborg22> dice 1d20
    [21:06] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 5; Total: 5.
    [21:06] <Direlda> dice 1d20
    [21:06] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 11; Total: 11.
    [21:07] <Zyborg22> (15)
    [21:07] <Direlda> ((11+11=22 spot))
    [21:07] <Ruumis> dice 1d20
    [21:07] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 10; Total: 10.
    [21:07] <Spheniscine> dice 1d20
    [21:07] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 15; Total: 15.
    [21:07] <RobinFiredrake> dice 1d20
    [21:07] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 11; Total: 11.
    [21:07] <Ruumis> (( 15 for me))
    [21:07] <Spheniscine> ((15+3 = 18))
    [21:07] <Remus> ((10 here >.<))
    [21:08] <RobinFiredrake> ((Ack, what do I add to my roll? Sorry... >.=.<
    [21:08] <Zyborg22> ((Your spot modifier))
    [21:08] <Remus> ((Check your sheet, under skills, find "Spot"))
    [21:09] <Remus> ((There's a modifier there))
    [21:09] <DracoGM> ((Ok, never mind for anyone else...))
    [21:09] <DracoGM> Several of you see a single wolf off in the distance.
    [21:09] <RobinFiredrake> ((For every wisdom I have, I add one?))
    [21:10] <Zyborg22> ((That, and any ranks in Spot or other modifiers you have))
    [21:10] <Direlda> "There's a solitary wolf off in the distance"
    [21:10] <Ruumis> ((Wisdom modifier))
    [21:10] * Direlda points
    [21:10] <Remus> ((just add one, Robin))
    [21:10] <RobinFiredrake> ((Right, so twelve.))
    [21:10] * Ruumis looks.
    [21:10] * Remus earperks and looks off into the distance
    [21:11] * Remus sniffs the air
    [21:11] <Remus> ((Is it downwind or upwind?))
    [21:11] <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [21:11] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 1; Total: 1.
    [21:12] <DracoGM> ((Crosswind))
    [21:12] <Remus> ((Ah))
    [21:12] <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [21:12] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 17; Total: 17.
    [21:13] <Spheniscine> brb
    [21:13] * RobinFiredrake squints at it. "What kind, do you think?"
    [21:13] <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [21:13] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 7; Total: 7.
    [21:14] <Remus> Hmm.. i can't tell, from here, wind's blowing the wrong direction for me to smell 'em, either
    [21:14] <Zyborg22> Possibly the kind that attacked the sheep.
    [21:14] <Direlda> Hmm...
    [21:15] <Remus> hmm... be careful on night watch, i say...
    [21:15] <Direlda> It looks to me like it just wants to watch us go by
    [21:15] * Remus nods
    [21:15] <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [21:15] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 14; Total: 14.
    [21:15] <RobinFiredrake> "We'll see, then."
    [21:16] <Remus> Well, shall we make camp, then?
    [21:16] * Ruumis waves at the wolf.
    [21:16] * Direlda throws a paw up into the air, clenched into a fist (( :p ))
    [21:17] <Remus> ((huh? what's with the fist? >.> )
    [21:17] <DracoGM> ((Double checking: So you are going to keep going then?))
    [21:17] <Direlda> ((it's a movie reference...))
    [21:17] <Remus> (( oh :P ))
    [21:18] <DracoGM> ((You still have some daylight left...))
    [21:18] <Spheniscine> Back.
    [21:18] <Remus> ((Well, we need to find a spot soon...))
    [21:18] <Ruumis> ((True))
    [21:18] <Direlda> "Do we want to check out the wolf or do we want to keep going, since it seems content to just watch us pass?"
    [21:19] <RobinFiredrake> "I'd check it out, myself."
    [21:19] * Ruumis shrugs
    [21:20] <Zyborg22> Personally, I say we check it out. It could be related to the ones that killed those sheelp.
    [21:20] * Spheniscine nods
    [21:20] * Remus looks at the sky and nods, "I think we have time"
    [21:21] <Direlda> "Ok. It looks to be at least 100 feet away"
    [21:21] <DracoGM> ((Could be a lot more than that... I never decided...))
    [21:22] <DracoGM> ((Not more than 300 though...))
    [21:22] <Direlda> ((hence the "looks" ))
    [21:22] <DracoGM> ((I was just making sure I was being clear...))
    [21:22] <DracoGM> ((Go on... everyone say what they are doing...))
    [21:23] * Ruumis looks at the others.
    [21:23] * RobinFiredrake marches off after the wolf, trying to make out what he can from this distance.
    [21:23] <Remus> ((And err... why does Robin only have 14 skill points alloted?))
    [21:23] * Remus follows after Robin
    [21:24] * Direlda hurries off after Robin
    [21:24] <Direlda> (( for the inspiration of the fist: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wallyg/4200188353/ ))
    [21:24] * Zyborg22 also goes after Robin.
    [21:24] <DracoGM> ((Because I apparently never finished designing his character with him...))
    [21:24] <Ruumis> ((Hmm?))
    [21:24] <Remus> ((Yeah... well, just something to note ^^; ))
    [21:24] <Direlda> (( http://wolfandfox.tumblr.com/post/30...ntastic-mr-fox ))
    [21:25] * Spheniscine follows as well
    [21:25] <DracoGM> The wolf gets up and trots to a more concealed position, then turns around and lays down again.
    [21:25] <DracoGM> ((Everyone keeping approaching?))
    [21:25] <Ruumis> ((Apparently))
    [21:25] <Zyborg22> ((Sure))
    [21:25] <RobinFiredrake> ((I am, at least.))
    [21:25] * Remus slows down and approaches , watching the wolf curiously
    [21:26] <Ruumis> ((Is it a candy wolf, or does it seem to be a normal wolf?))
    [21:26] <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [21:26] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 19; Total: 19.
    [21:26] <Direlda> "Why don't you let one of us go more stealthily towards it"
    [21:27] * Remus gives Zyborg22 his pack and shifts down into his fox form, moving toward the wolf
    [21:27] <Ruumis> "Sneak up on a wolf?"
    [21:27] <Remus> ((brb, grabbing food))
    [21:27] <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [21:27] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 7; Total: 7.
    [21:27] <RobinFiredrake> "Their ears are too good for that, wouldn't you say? And they can smell you. Especially since you're not like everyone else here."
    [21:28] <Zyborg22> Could you sniff me and tell me if I smell?
    [21:28] <Ruumis> ((You're a warforged.))
    [21:28] <Direlda> "But I can do this..."
    [21:28] * Direlda turns into his fox form
    [21:28] * Ruumis is bemusedly watching.
    [21:28] <DracoGM> At this point the wolf gets up and SPRINTS away. You haven't just worried it, it is obviously terrified of you.
    [21:29] <Zyborg22> ((Yeah, but I could have picked up smells along the way))
    [21:29] <RobinFiredrake> "Augh, you scared it away! You all smell funny. Dunno what like, but not like anyone here."
    [21:29] <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [21:29] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 20; Total: 20.
    [21:29] <Ruumis> "Man-and-sheep-eating wolves don't run from people... usually."
    [21:30] * Direlda turns back into bipedal
    [21:30] <Direlda> "I agree, this probably wasn't our culprit"
    [21:30] * Remus winces and does the same, looking after the wolf and nodding
    [21:31] <Spheniscine> ((Awr... X3))
    [21:31] <RobinFiredrake> "Well... Do we set up camp now?"
    [21:31] <Spheniscine> ((I wanna hug the wolf... D:))
    [21:31] <Ruumis> "Somewhere besides where the wolf was."
    [21:31] * Remus nods
    [21:31] <Remus> Time to set up camp, i say
    [21:31] <Zyborg22> Sure, why not?
    [21:31] <Direlda> "Hmm..."
    [21:32] * Remus drifts off into thought
    [21:32] <Direlda> "There's something that has gotten the wolf worried recently"
    [21:32] * Remus nods
    [21:32] <Ruumis> "Bears?"
    [21:32] <Ruumis> "Werewolf?"
    [21:32] <Direlda> "None of us are really that terrifying under normal circumstances"
    [21:32] <Remus> perhaps it's our culprit? something more canine?
    [21:32] <RobinFiredrake> "Whatever ate the sheep?"
    [21:33] <Direlda> "Yeah, probably whatever ate the sheep. It wouldn't have run that fast and so soon away from us normally"
    [21:33] <Remus> I have to wonder... what was it that worried it so about us?
    [21:34] <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [21:34] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 3; Total: 3.
    [21:34] <Ruumis> "Magic."
    [21:34] <Remus> It makes me wonder if there's some "family" resemblance between us and the culprit
    [21:34] <Zyborg22> Maybe it's actually one of you meople.
    [21:34] <RobinFiredrake> "Maybe he smells the same."
    [21:34] <DracoGM> ((If anyone has ranks in Handle Animal, roll it now...))
    [21:35] <Direlda> ((nope))
    [21:35] <Zyborg22> And he's a lycanthrope or something.
    [21:35] <Spheniscine> ((Nope))
    [21:35] <Remus> ((nothin' here))
    [21:35] <Spheniscine> ((Hm, anyone else?))
    [21:35] <Ruumis> ((I have no ranks))
    [21:35] <DracoGM> ((Anyone who has confirmed they don't, just carry on...))
    [21:35] <Zyborg22> ((Nope))
    [21:37] <Direlda> "Well, I guess we keep moving down the road or set up camp"
    [21:37] <Ruumis> "Well, my guess is magic. Animals don't like most magic, and you smell of it."
    [21:37] <RobinFiredrake> ((It's on my sheet, but crossed out. Does that mean I don't have it, or have something bad on it, or what?))
    [21:37] <Zyborg22> ((It means you can't use it))
    [21:37] <Ruumis> ((It's a trained only skill))
    [21:37] <Ruumis> ((Sort of))
    [21:37] <RobinFiredrake> ((Right.))
    [21:37] <RobinFiredrake> "Well, I'm a wizard. I'm supposed to smell of it."
    [21:37] <Ruumis> ((Handle animal can technically be used, just not for training))
    [21:38] <DracoGM> ((
    [21:39] <DracoGM> ((Magic doesn't have a smell, except to some very exotic species that basically have a continuous *Detect Magic* effect wired into their noses.))
    [21:39] <Ruumis> (( I know. I was being somewhat insane))
    [21:39] * Remus pokes Ruumis, "Stop the insanity or you win a lifetime supply of extremely sticky taffy"
    [21:40] <Ruumis> "Why would I want taffy?"
    [21:40] <Ruumis> ((And Ruumis already said what he'd like us to do))
    [21:42] <Remus> "You wouldn't. I would. It would keep you quiet" :P
    [21:42] <Ruumis> "Still say we move a bit from where the wolf was before making camp."
    [21:43] * Remus nods
    [21:43] <RobinFiredrake> "Probably a good idea."
    [21:43] <Direlda> "Sounds good"
    [21:43] <Remus> Direlda, you noticed any good spots?
    [21:43] <Direlda> "I'm working on it"
    [21:43] <DracoGM> ((Please continue the conversation, when it is over you will be travelling on for a bit, and then making camp in the shelter(from the wind) of some trees, which has obviously been used as a camp-site before.
    [21:43] <DracoGM> ))
    [21:44] <Remus> Hmm...alright, i guess we better get moving again...
    [21:44] * Spheniscine nods
    [21:44] * Remus shivers at the wind and pulls his cloak back around himself
    [21:44] <Direlda> ((see... I'll find one eventually :p ))
    [21:44] <RobinFiredrake> "Aaaaand... March!"
    [21:44] * Ruumis starts badly singing in infernal.
    [21:44] * Remus groans and flattens his large ears down with his hands
    [21:44] <Spheniscine> ((Yeah, let's move))
    [21:44] <DracoGM> ((How loudly? :P ))
    [21:45] * Spheniscine whines and covers his ears too
    [21:45] * Zyborg22 tries to cover his ears, but fails due to not having ears.
    [21:45] <Ruumis> ((Medium loudness. Not shouting, but just high enough to make talking hard.))
    [21:45] <RobinFiredrake> "Can I have some of that taffy, Remus?"
    [21:45] <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [21:45] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 1; Total: 1.
    [21:45] * Remus pulls out an old sock and stuffs it in Ruumis' mouth
    [21:45] <Ruumis> "Mrpppplhhhm."
    [21:45] <RobinFiredrake> "Or that. That'' work."
    [21:46] * Ruumis continues singing, now muffled.
    [21:47] <RobinFiredrake> "Gah... Remus, hand me some taffy, if you will.""
    [21:47] * Remus sighs and offers Ruumis a large wad of toffee, "Please just stop singing..."
    [21:47] * Ruumis removes the sock from his mouth. "Oh, if you wanted me to stop you should have asked."
    [21:48] <Ruumis> "Thought you wanted to see how well I could sing with a sock in my mouth."
    [21:48] <Spheniscine> X3
    [21:48] * Remus glares at Ruumis and marches ahead of him, grumbling
    [21:48] * Ruumis hands the sock back to Remus
    [21:48] * Direlda chuckles quietly to himself
    [21:48] <RobinFiredrake> "I think I know now how other people feel, when they say I'm insane."
    [21:49] * Remus nods to robin, "Yeah..."
    [21:49] * Remus gingerly takes the sock back
    [21:49] <Zyborg22> I don't.
    [21:49] <Zyborg22> Maybe.
    [21:50] <Spheniscine> ((OK, time to move on?))
    [21:51] <Remus> ((I say we should...))
    [21:51] * RobinFiredrake notices a shiny reflective spot on Zyborg, and starts making faces into it, to see what he looks like after he's cast a fear spell
    [21:51] <DracoGM> ((Whenever everyone is ready...
    [21:51] <Ruumis> ((ok))
    [21:51] <RobinFiredrake> ((Ready.))
    [21:51] * Remus drifts off into thought as he walks
    [21:51] <Spheniscine> ((Ready))
    [21:51] <Ruumis> (( *noms a sandwich* ))
    [21:51] <Zyborg22> ((Ready))
    [21:51] <Direlda> ((ready))
    [21:52] <Remus> ((REady))\
    [21:54] <DracoGM> dice 4d2
    [21:54] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 2:2:1:2; Total: 7.
    [21:54] <Remus> ((brb))
    [21:56] <DracoGM> dice 10d20
    [21:56] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 4:16:19:20:8:16:19:11:10:4; Total: 127.
    [21:57] <Direlda> ...
    [21:57] <DracoGM> dice 10d20
    [21:57] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 1:8:4:1:4:9:12:14:19:15; Total: 87.
    [21:57] <Remus> (back))
    [21:58] <DracoGM> Spheniscine, make me a spot and a listen roll...
    [21:58] <DracoGM> dice 2d20
    [21:58] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 8:10; Total: 18.
    [21:58] <Spheniscine> Was that mine?
    [21:59] <DracoGM> Nope, those were Zyborgs.
    [21:59] <Spheniscine> OK...
    [21:59] <Spheniscine> dice 2d20
    [21:59] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 1:3; Total: 4.
    [21:59] <DracoGM> dice 2d20
    [21:59] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 20:19; Total: 39.
    [21:59] <Zyborg22> Spot: 18; Listen: 20
    [22:00] <Spheniscine> Spot: 4, Listen: 6 <.<
    [22:00] * Spheniscine must be distracted
    [22:00] <Direlda> ((teehee))
    [22:00] * Spheniscine chases a candy butterfly
    [22:02] <Ruumis> (( Suddenly! NINJAS))
    [22:02] <Ruumis> (( :P ))
    [22:03] <Direlda> ((everywhere))
    [22:05] <DracoGM> dice 2d8
    [22:05] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 4:5; Total: 9.
    [22:05] <Zyborg22> I think there are other living things here.
    [22:05] * Remus sniffs the air
    [22:05] * Ruumis is still asleep
    [22:05] <Ruumis> (( :P ))
    [22:06] <Remus> ((wait, are we in our spot, and in tents and such?))
    [22:06] <Ruumis> ((Ruumis has no tent, but yes, I believe so.))
    [22:07] <Direlda> ((are we walking or in our spot, Draco?))
    [22:08] <DracoGM> ((Ruumis is sharing a tent then, but y'all figured out a watch rotation so nobody is ever sleeping outside a tent, except maybe Robin if he wants to...))
    [22:08] <DracoGM> ((It is the third watch of the night))
    [22:09] <DracoGM> ((Spheniscine and Zyborg are the only ones awake))
    [22:09] * Remus turns over in his sleep
    [22:09] * Direlda opens an eye "What was that?
    [22:10] <DracoGM> ((Direlda... no waking up until specifically woken...))
    [22:10] <Direlda> ((righto))
    [22:10] <Direlda> ((so scratch that))
    [22:10] * RobinFiredrake flicks his tail, snoring just a little
    [22:11] <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [22:11] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 11; Total: 11.
    [22:12] <DracoGM> Spheniscine: What are you doing?
    [22:13] <DracoGM> Zyborg: You doing anything else?
    [22:13] <Zyborg22> I stay on alert, in case those things are violent.
    [22:14] <Spheniscine> ((Present))
    [22:14] <Spheniscine> I guess I'm watching? Unless I was chasing a butterfly due to bad rolls... X3
    [22:15] <DracoGM> ((Nah, you didn't get double natural 1's so probably not...))
    [22:15] <Spheniscine> lol
    [22:16] <Spheniscine> Then I'm watching then
    [22:18] <Remus> (*twiddles thumbs*
    [22:18] * Direlda dreams of real meat
    [22:18] <RobinFiredrake> ((So.... What now?))
    [22:19] *** Zyborg22 is now known as Awayborg
    [22:20] <Awayborg> ((Can I go wash my face?))
    [22:20] <DracoGM> ((Yeah, might as well get that out of the way...))
    [22:22] *** Spheniscine_ has joined #DracoD&D
    [22:22] <Spheniscine_> D: What did I miss?
    [22:22] *** Spheniscine has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 121 seconds)
    [22:22] <Remus> (Nothing :P ))
    [22:22] *** Spheniscine_ is now known as Spheniscine
    [22:22] *** Spheniscine has quit IRC (Changing hosts)
    [22:22] *** Spheniscine has joined #DracoD&D
    [22:24] *** Awayborg is now known as Zyborg22
    [22:26] * Direlda is dreaming of a nice juicy steak
    [22:26] <Spheniscine> Really Zy? *arouses from half-slumber*
    [22:26] <Zyborg22> Yep. I think they're coming here.
    [22:26] <Spheniscine> Should we wake up the others?
    [22:28] <Zyborg22> Yes, probably a good ide.a
    [22:28] * Spheniscine nods
    [22:28] * Spheniscine goes into the tents and wakes the party
    [22:29] * Remus rouses from sleep and steps out, "Something wrong?"
    [22:29] * Spheniscine whispers "Zy heard wolves"
    [22:29] * RobinFiredrake stumbles about, groggily. Though the idea of wolves makes him a little more alert.
    [22:29] * Remus nods and grabs his quarterstaff, motioning for Saleth to stay in his carrier
    [22:30] <DracoGM> ((HOLD ON!))
    [22:30] <Remus> ((Eep? Okay))
    [22:30] <DracoGM> Zyborg, what were you doing just after Spheniscine when to go wake up Remus?
    [22:30] <DracoGM> *went to go...
    [22:30] <Direlda> ((we haven't actually been woken have we...))
    [22:32] <Zyborg22> ((I thought I was still looking at the wolves))
    [22:32] <Zyborg22> ((Or at least where they're coming from))
    [22:32] <DracoGM> ((That is fine... you keep an eye (a few hundred eyes???) on the wolves as they stealthily approach.))
    [22:32] <DracoGM> ((They are coming from various directions...
    [22:33] *** Spheniscine has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 121 seconds)
    [22:33] <DracoGM> Remus is out of his tent, everyone else is asleep...
    [22:33] *** Spheniscine_ is now known as Spheniscine
    [22:33] *** Spheniscine has quit IRC (Changing hosts)
    [22:33] *** Spheniscine has joined #DracoD&D
    [22:33] <DracoGM> Going to use cartiesian coordinates...
    [22:33] <Ruumis> (( :\ ))
    [22:33] <DracoGM> The fire is at 0,0
    [22:33] <Zyborg22> ((Though I should also probably get out my bow))
    [22:34] <Direlda> ((not Descartes!))
    [22:34] <DracoGM> Robin is asleep at 1,1
    [22:35] <DracoGM> Ruumis is asleep at -1,1
    [22:35] <DracoGM> Chestnut is undead at -2,2
    [22:35] <DracoGM> Direlda is asleep at 1,-1
    [22:35] <Remus> ((lol))
    [22:36] <DracoGM> Remus is standing at 0,-1
    [22:36] <DracoGM> Spheniscine is standing at 0,-2
    [22:36] <DracoGM> Zyborg is standing at 3,-4
    [22:37] <Spheniscine> ((Hmm... OK.))
    [22:37] <Remus> ((Mapped it :P ))
    [22:38] <DracoGM> One of the wolves howls softly. Anyone who is awake who makes a DC20 listen check hears something else... anyone who is asleep who makes a... DC15 (without any further modifiers for being asleep) listen check wakes up.
    [22:38] <Ruumis> dice 1d20
    [22:38] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 6; Total: 6.
    [22:38] <Zyborg22> dice 1d20
    [22:38] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 13; Total: 13.
    [22:38] <RobinFiredrake> dice 1d20
    [22:38] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 1; Total: 1.
    [22:38] <RobinFiredrake> ((D:))
    [22:38] <Ruumis> ((11 fore me.))
    [22:38] <Zyborg22> (23)
    [22:38] <Direlda> dice 1d20
    [22:38] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 10; Total: 10.
    [22:39] <Remus> ((17+9 = 26))
    [22:39] <DracoGM> I will roll for Spheniscine...
    [22:39] <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [22:39] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 3; Total: 3.
    [22:40] <Remus> ((Sphen's not lucky with those checks tonight... :P ))
    [22:40] <Spheniscine> lol
    [22:41] <DracoGM> Ruumis and Robin are still asleep, Direlda wakes up.
    [22:42] <RobinFiredrake> ((Must have plugged my ears and pulled the pillow over my head, or something...))
    [22:42] <Spheniscine> ((lol))
    [22:42] * Direlda rubs his eyes "Wha?"
    [22:42] <Zyborg22> ((Or you're snoring really loudly))
    [22:43] * Remus whispers "Wolves" to Direlda
    [22:43] <Zyborg22> Wait...something's off here.
    [22:43] * Direlda whispers "I see. So much for my dream of steak..."
    [22:44] <Ruumis> ((back))
    [22:44] <Zyborg22> That one sounds a bit like someone's faking it.
    [22:44] <DracoGM> Meanwhile the Wolves are charging towards the camp...
    [22:44] * Remus nods to Zy
    [22:44] <DracoGM> We are now in PRE_ROLLED INITIATIVE!
    [22:44] <Ruumis> ((yay))
    [22:44] <DracoGM> Zyborg!
    [22:44] <WagzBot> Your friendly neighborhood robot spider.
    [22:44] <DracoGM> ZYBORG!
    [22:44] <WagzBot> Your friendly neighborhood robot spider.
    [22:44] <Zyborg22> ((Yes?))
    [22:44] <Ruumis> ((heh))
    [22:45] <DracoGM> ((Your turn...))
    [22:45] <Zyborg22> ((How close are the wolves now?))
    [22:45] * Remus watches carefully
    [22:46] <DracoGM> ((About 120 feet out just at this split-second... some variations, but I am not going to figure those out unless I have to...))
    [22:46] * Zyborg22 readies the bow and aims it for when they get within 70 ft.
    [22:46] <Ruumis> ((Fine, don't wake the others up. :P ))
    [22:47] <RobinFiredrake> ((Humph. Leave the particularly edible wizard lying vulnerable.))
    [22:47] <Spheniscine> ((lol))
    [22:47] * Zyborg22 then goes to whoever's sleeping closest, while still aiming.
    [22:47] <Spheniscine> Er, isn't Zy some distance from the camp?
    [22:47] <Spheniscine> Maybe Remus should do the waking...
    [22:48] <Remus> ((Can i make a sound outside of my turn? >.> ))
    [22:48] <Zyborg22> "Hey guys! Maybe you should get up and see this!"
    [22:49] <DracoGM> ((Can't take any other actions other than Free ones in the same round as you ready an action... note that yelling your head off, and indeed most non-spellcasting speech, counts as a free action) ))
    [22:49] <Zyborg22> ((Ok. I ready and yell, then))
    [22:49] * Remus lets out a loud fox-howl to wake the others
    [22:50] * Spheniscine howls too if it helps
    [22:50] <Spheniscine> ((Wait... my own howl would sound like a wolf howl... X3))
    [22:50] <Remus> ((Works all the same :P ))
    [22:50] <Spheniscine> ((:p))
    [22:51] <DracoGM> Ok, everyone is now waking up... which means that Ruumis and Remus will get their turns NEXT round... whereas Direlda gets a move or a standard action this round since he woke up to the howl, and Remus filled him in.
    [22:51] <DracoGM> ((Also note that Ruumis isn't wearing his armor.))
    [22:51] <Ruumis> ((Yeah))
    [22:51] <Ruumis> ((Due to not having endurance))
    [22:51] <Remus> ((Could i also ready my crossbow?))
    [22:52] <Spheniscine> ((Yeah, I should probably ready mine too))
    [22:52] <RobinFiredrake> ((So what do I do?)
    [22:52] <DracoGM> ((Robin: Wait for your turn...))
    [22:52] <Ruumis> ((You're waking/getting up.))
    [22:53] <RobinFiredrake> ((Ah))
    [22:53] <DracoGM> Zyborg: Make an attack roll vs AC 14.
    [22:53] <Zyborg22> dice 1d20
    [22:53] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 2; Total: 2.
    [22:53] <Spheniscine> >.<
    [22:53] <Zyborg22> ((At least I didn't shoot myself))
    [22:53] <Spheniscine> lol
    [22:54] <DracoGM> ((All crossbows are cocked and loaded, and Anyone standing up is holding them.))
    [22:55] <DracoGM> Zyborg shoots at the wolf closing in from the South East.
    [22:56] <DracoGM> dice 1d8
    [22:56] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 6; Total: 6.
    [22:56] <DracoGM> Another closes in from the west.
    [22:57] <DracoGM> SPHENISCINE!
    [22:57] <Spheniscine> ((Yes?))
    [22:57] <Zyborg22> ((It's your turn))
    [22:57] <Spheniscine> ((Any wolves in range?))
    [22:58] <Zyborg22> ((What would happen if I shot an arrow through the fire?))
    [22:58] <DracoGM> ((The one to the South East is at at about 8,-9 FWIW))
    [22:59] <DracoGM> ((Plenty... those within a single range incriment might be fewer, but there is at least 1...))
    [23:00] <Spheniscine> ((Well, I guess I'll shoot at one))
    [23:00] <DracoGM> ((Not much would happen with shooting a normal arrow through a camp-fire.))
    [23:00] <DracoGM> Roll it...
    [23:00] <Spheniscine> dice 1d20
    [23:00] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 11; Total: 11.
    [23:00] <Spheniscine> What modifier do I use?
    [23:01] <Ruumis> ((...))
    [23:01] <DracoGM> ((Total Attack Bonus for the weapon you are using...))
    [23:01] <Spheniscine> ((11 + 6 = 17))
    [23:01] <DracoGM> ((hit, YOU roll your damage))
    [23:01] <DracoGM> dice 1d8
    [23:01] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 2; Total: 2.
    [23:02] <Spheniscine> dice 1d8
    [23:02] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 1; Total: 1.
    [23:04] <Ruumis> ((And str modifier?))
    [23:04] <DracoGM> ((I thought it was a crossbow?))
    [23:04] <Spheniscine> ((Huh?))
    [23:04] <Ruumis> (oh right.))
    [23:04] <Spheniscine> Yeah, a crossbow.
    [23:04] <Ruumis> ((Not thinking straight.))
    [23:05] <Ruumis> ((Can you not use composite longbows or something?))
    [23:05] <DracoGM> A rather larger wolf that the others that are now well visible charges Zyborg.
    [23:05] <DracoGM> (Make that slightly larger)
    [23:05] <DracoGM> dice 1d20
    [23:05] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 3; Total: 3.
    [23:06] <DracoGM> It misses badly.
    [23:06] <DracoGM> dice 1d8
    [23:06] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 4; Total: 4.
    [23:07] <DracoGM> Another Wolf move up to 8,-2
    [23:07] <DracoGM> REMUS!
    [23:08] <Remus> ((Would firing at the one close to Zyborg lose a bit because of having to be careful to avoid him?))
    [23:08] <DracoGM> ((Unless you have the Precise Shot feat, yes.))
    [23:08] <Ruumis> ((Not unless it's in melee, which it apparently is))
    [23:09] <Ruumis> ((So -4 ))
    [23:09] <Ruumis> (( If I remember correctly))
    [23:09] <DracoGM> ((Yes))
    [23:10] * Remus fires at the wolf at 8, -2
    [23:10] <Remus> ((12+7 = 19))
    [23:10] <DracoGM> ((Hit))
    [23:11] <Remus> ((Critical too?))
    [23:11] <DracoGM> dice 1d100
    [23:11] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 82; Total: 82.
    [23:11] <Remus> ((It says 19-20 are critical.. wait, that's naturals i think, right?))
    [23:11] <DracoGM> ((Yeah, Naturals))
    [23:11] <Remus> ((Die result is 1))
    [23:12] <DracoGM> ((It wasn't even a critical threat))
    [23:13] <DracoGM> DIRELDA!
    [23:13] <Spheniscine> ((Remus, how do you know where the wolves are?))
    [23:14] <Direlda> ((wolves I can see?))
    [23:14] <Spheniscine> ((Oh, he just said it... X3))
    [23:14] <Spheniscine> ((Bah, I should really read...))
    [23:14] <Remus> ((Low-light vison, we have a fire :P ))
    [23:14] <Remus> ((Oh, haha :P )
    [23:14] <Remus> ((brb))
    [23:14] <Spheniscine> ((Where's the one I hit?))
    [23:15] <DracoGM> ((You have your bow in one hand, and, unfortunately, your quiver in the other... if you fire this turn, you aren't going be able to go anywhere without spending a full round action to pick up your quiver and put it on... (move to pickup, and then another move (or in this case standard) to put it on).))
    [23:15] <DracoGM> Direlda takes a 5' step North to get out of his tent...
    [23:16] <Direlda> ((there's that, heh))
    [23:16] <Remus> ((XD just noticed that the topic says "This is a topic"))
    [23:17] <DracoGM> You see wolves at 8,-2 and -9,0 and probably the one at 3,-5 that is attacking Zyborg.
    [23:18] <Direlda> ((hmm...))
    [23:19] <DracoGM> dice 3d8
    [23:19] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 6:1:4; Total: 11.
    [23:21] <Direlda> ((so if I have my quiver in one hand, that would make it hard to shoot, since I would drop it and then have to bend down to get another arrow, so I think I'll put on my quiver))
    [23:21] * Direlda puts on his quiver
    [23:22] <Direlda> ((and that's basically my turn, right?))
    [23:23] <Direlda> ((since I moved out of the tent as well...))
    [23:23] <DracoGM> 3 more wolves move up... (5,5) , (0,3) , and (-4,4)
    [23:23] <Remus> (6 wolves? eep)
    [23:23] <DracoGM> ((7 actually))
    [23:24] <Spheniscine> Yeah, I counted 7 too.
    [23:24] <Remus> ((I still count 6... >.>;; )
    [23:25] <DracoGM> Ruumis and Remus wake up, pick up weapons and ammo(including spell components) and 5' step to exit their tents. ((Speak now if you want to skip that last part))
    [23:25] <Remus> ((uhh.... you mean Ruumis and Robin?))
    [23:26] <DracoGM> ((... drat this convergence of R names...))
    [23:26] <RobinFiredrake> Alright, good. So how much of the turn does that take up?
    [23:26] <DracoGM> ((All of it...))
    [23:26] <Spheniscine> Remus: There's another one at (8,-9)
    [23:27] <Ruumis> ((Hmm. Can I do something else?))
    [23:27] <Remus> ((oh!))
    [23:27] <RobinFiredrake> ((Drat. Ah well.))
    [23:28] <Ruumis> ((Well, I call Chestnut over to me))
    [23:28] <DracoGM> ((Well, unless everyone is up for another round, I think we will call it a sesssion...))
    [23:28] <Ruumis> ((I'm fine))
    [23:28] <Spheniscine> ((Yeah, fine with me))
    [23:28] <Remus> ((I must go, anyways :P))
    [23:28] <Zyborg22> ((That's ok with me as well.))
    [23:28] <Spheniscine> ((Bye Remus))
    [23:28] <RobinFiredrake> Ack. Okay.
    [23:29] <DracoGM> ((Chestnut is now at -2,0 ))
    [23:29] <Direlda> ((I'm about done for tonight))
    [23:30] <Spheniscine> ((Where do they step to?)
    [23:31] <DracoGM> ((Robin is at 0,1 Ruumis is at -1,0))
    [23:31] <Spheniscine> OK.
    [23:32] <DracoGM> ((Spheniscine... was all you did on your initiative to attack?))
    [23:32] <Spheniscine> I reckon so?
    [23:33] <Remus> ((session end?))
    [23:34] <Spheniscine> ((OK))
    [23:34] <DracoGM> ((Go re-read the description for "Child of Shadow" which should be in the notes section of your character sheet... staying where you are means you are going to be in a better place to protect Remus, but there are also advantages to moving...))
    [23:34] <Spheniscine> ((Hmm...))
    [23:34] <DracoGM> ((Spheniscine stick around, everyone else can go if they like.))
    [23:35] <DracoGM> --------------Session End---------
    [23:35] <Direlda> that was fun ^^
    [23:35] *** Ruumis is now known as Hyperion
    [23:35] <Spheniscine> ((Child of Shadow is missing))
    [23:35] <RobinFiredrake> I didn't do much of anything... Darn me and my death character! Oh well.
    [23:35] <DracoGM> "Death character"?
    [23:36] <Direlda> BUT YES
    [23:36] <Spheniscine> I think he means deaf X3
    [23:36] <Spheniscine> Draco: I don't see the Child of Shadow description anywhere
    [23:37] <RobinFiredrake> *deaf
    [23:37] <Direlda> aww... so you don't speak in all caps
    [23:37] <Spheniscine> lol
    [23:38] <Direlda> though Death of Rats would probably be more fitting here than Death
    [23:38] <Spheniscine> Irregular Webcomic / Discworld reference right? X3
    [23:38] <DracoGM> CHild of Shadow -> Move 10 feet in a round, you trail swirling shadows around you, granting you a 20% miss chance.
    [23:38] <RobinFiredrake> True enoguh Direlda.
    [23:38] <Direlda> Discworld ^^
    [23:38] <RobinFiredrake> Discworld is awesome.
    [23:38] <RobinFiredrake> Death is my favorite charactr.
    [23:38] <RobinFiredrake> Both of 'em.
    [23:38] * Remus has never touched the discworld books...
    [23:38] <RobinFiredrake> You must read them, Rem.
    [23:38] <RobinFiredrake> They are incredible.
    [23:38] <Spheniscine> I haven't read them either.
    [23:39] <Remus> I will once i finish the Riftwar :P
    [23:39] <Spheniscine> Draco: For the enemy, right?
    [23:39] * Remus slips out
    [23:39] *** Remus has quit IRC (Quit: Now if you will excuse me, I have a giant ball of oil to throw out my window)
    [23:39] <Spheniscine> Can I move to (2, -4)?
    [23:40] <DracoGM> Yes, they have a 20% chance to miss you because of the shadows, but the shadows don't effect your attacks on them.
    [23:40] <Spheniscine> Or (2, -3)
    [23:40] <DracoGM> Yes.
    [23:40] <DracoGM> You want to do that?
    [23:40] <Spheniscine> I'll be helping Dir if I move to (2, -4) right?
    [23:41] <Spheniscine> Oh, Zyborg.
    [23:41] <Spheniscine> Not Dir. X3
    [23:41] <Spheniscine> (2, -4) it is then.
    [23:44] <Direlda> cheers
    [23:45] <Direlda> I enjoyed the session tonight
    [23:45] <Spheniscine> Bye Dir. :3
    [23:45] * Spheniscine hugs


    Initiative Order:
    Zyborg (3,-4)
    Wolf 4 (8,-9)
    Wolf 5 (-1 hp) (-9,0)
    Spheniscine (2,-4)
    Larger Wolf (3,-5)
    Wolf 3 (8,-2)
    Remus (0,-1)
    .
    Direlda (1,0)
    Wolf 2 (5,5)
    Buzzy the Hummingbird (0,0... 20 feet up)
    Wolf 1 (0,3)
    Wolf 6 (-4,4)
    Ruumis (-1,0) Chestnut at (-2,0)
    Robin (0,1)



    Campfire is at 0,0 (but doesn't take up the whole space)
    Tents at 1,1 1,-1 -1,-1 -1,1
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2010-03-13 at 12:39 AM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DracoDei's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Atlanta,GA USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (3.5) Elemental Plane of Candy/Candy Land play-test data.

    [20:00] <DracoSemiAwake> **********Session Start**********
    [20:00] <DracoSemiAwake> ZYBORG!
    [20:00] <WagzBot> Your friendly neighborhood robot spider.
    [20:01] <Zyborg22> ((So...what would happen if I were to shoot through the fire?))
    [20:02] <Spheniscine> Hi Remus. :3
    [20:05] <RobinFiredrake> ((Wow, this is going really quickly))
    [20:05] <Ruumis> ((heh. This is normal speed))
    [20:06] <Remus> ((XP))
    [20:06] <Remus> ((Hey, Ruumis?))
    [20:06] <Remus> ((Not all are here :P ))
    [20:06] <Ruumis> ((True. Direlda isn't.))
    [20:06] <Remus> ((And... he won't be))
    [20:06] <DracoSemiAwake> ((Shooting through the fire wouldn
    [20:06] <DracoSemiAwake> 't do much))
    [20:07] <Spheniscine> Aren't you right next to a wolf?
    [20:07] <Zyborg22> ((Is anyone else next to it?))
    [20:07] <Ruumis> (( Parentheses, Sphen.))
    [20:08] <Spheniscine> ((Sorry))
    [20:08] <Spheniscine> ((Zy: I am))
    [20:08] <Zyborg22> ((Well, I'll take out the rapier and attack it.))
    [20:09] <DracoSemiAwake> ((Roll it))
    [20:09] <Spheniscine> ((You're to its N, and I'm to its NW))
    [20:09] <Zyborg22> ((So, no flanking?))
    [20:10] <Zyborg22> dice 1d20
    [20:10] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 7; Total: 7.
    [20:10] <Spheniscine> ((Unless you can move?))
    [20:10] <DracoSemiAwake> (He could attempt to tumble as part of drawing his rapier to get into flanking position....))
    [20:11] <Zyborg22> ((15))
    [20:11] <Spheniscine> ((Flanking means direct opposite sides, yes?
    [20:12] <Ruumis> ((Yeah))
    [20:13] <DracoSemiAwake> ((Zyborg is now to the wolf in question's south east))
    [20:13] <Zyborg22> ((I meant that was my attack roll. I don't think I can tumble, though I guess I could walk there.))
    [20:13] <DracoSemiAwake> ((Wait... that was you attack roll... roll for the tumble now...))
    [20:14] <Zyborg22> ((No points in Tumble, remember?))
    [20:15] <Spheniscine> ((I could've only move two squares right? Then I guess I couldn't have helped. X3))
    [20:15] <Spheniscine> ((*moved))
    [20:15] <Ruumis> ((...Whose turn is it?))
    [20:16] <Zyborg22> ((Could I move anyway and soak the AoO?))
    [20:16] <Spheniscine> ((I didn't know the flanking rules))
    [20:16] <Ruumis> ((Right. Zyborg's turn))
    [20:16] <DracoSemiAwake> ((Ok then, no Tumble, no flank, but you do hit, roll your damage))
    [20:17] <Zyborg22> dice 1d6
    [20:17] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 1; Total: 1.
    [20:17] <Zyborg22> ((I'm totally moving next round))
    [20:20] <DracoSemiAwake> ((You could 5 foot step to the south east if you liked...
    [20:20] <DracoSemiAwake> ))
    [20:20] <Zyborg22> ((Alright. I do that.))
    [20:22] <DracoSemiAwake> One of the wolves moves into flanking position and attacks Zyborg.
    [20:22] <DracoSemiAwake> dice 1d20
    [20:22] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 2; Total: 2.
    [20:22] <DracoSemiAwake> Miss.
    [20:26] <DracoSemiAwake> ((That was 4. #5 double moves to Zyborg's southwest.))
    [20:26] <DracoSemiAwake> SPHENISCINE!
    [20:27] <Spheniscine> ((nods))
    [20:28] <Spheniscine> ((If I move before attacking I get an AaO right?))
    [20:28] <Spheniscine> ((I can 5 foot step after I attack?))
    [20:28] <DracoSemiAwake> ((Not if it is just a 5 foot step...))
    [20:28] <Spheniscine> ((nods))
    [20:30] <Spheniscine> ((OK, I use Unlucky Raincloud))
    [20:30] <Remus> ((Say it in character? :P))
    [20:30] <Spheniscine> Bad dog! Time to rain on your parade!
    [20:31] <Spheniscine> ((:p))
    [20:33] <DracoSemiAwake> ((Roll it...))
    [20:33] <DracoSemiAwake> dice 1d20
    [20:33] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 16; Total: 16.
    [20:34] <DracoSemiAwake> dice 3d6
    [20:34] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 3:3:1; Total: 7.
    [20:35] <DracoSemiAwake> The wolf dodges aside avoiding the worst of the bolt of electricity)
    [20:35] <DracoSemiAwake> ((3 points of damage))
    [20:36] <DracoSemiAwake> ((Any other actions?))
    [20:36] <DracoSemiAwake> (9So far you used Unlucky Raincloud.))
    [20:37] <DracoSemiAwake> ((Oh, and WHICH one did you use it on?))
    [20:38] <Spheniscine> ((Oh, forgot it was ranged...))
    [20:38] <Spheniscine> ((I could use in on the one N of Remus))
    [20:38] <Spheniscine> ((*it))
    [20:38] <Spheniscine> ((And Robin))
    [20:38] <Remus> ((Link to the log page?))
    [20:39] <RobinFiredrake> ((Hum?))
    [20:39] <Spheniscine> ((I have an Excel sheet that I used to map the coords that he gave... X3))
    [20:39] <Spheniscine> ((I then step south so that Zyb can flank next turn.))
    [20:40] <Spheniscine> ((Remus is on 0,-1, Campfire is on 0,0, Robin is at 0,1, Wolf at 0,3))
    [20:41] <DracoSemiAwake> The slightly bigger one attacks Zyborg with the benefit of flanking.
    [20:41] <DracoSemiAwake> dice 1d20
    [20:41] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 13; Total: 13.
    [20:41] <Spheniscine> ((Which one is the big wolf again?
    [20:42] <DracoSemiAwake> ((The one at 4,-5 that Spheniscine and Zyborg have flanked.))
    [20:42] <Spheniscine> ((Ah...))
    [20:43] <DracoSemiAwake> Zyborg is hit for 8 points of damage.
    [20:43] <Zyborg22> ((By the thundercloud? You jerk :P ))
    [20:43] <Spheniscine> ((No, the wolf))
    [20:43] <Zyborg22> ((To Sphen))
    [20:43] <DracoSemiAwake> #3 Charges Zyborg for a flank attack with #5.
    [20:44] <Spheniscine> ((I dunno what the numbers are...))
    [20:44] <DracoSemiAwake> dice 1d20
    [20:44] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 8; Total: 8.
    [20:44] <DracoSemiAwake> Miss.
    [20:44] <DracoSemiAwake> REMUS!
    [20:44] <Zyborg22> What do these wolves have against me?
    [20:45] <Ruumis> "You were not asleep and you shot them, metal man."
    [20:45] <Zyborg22> Maybe that's it.
    [20:45] <Zyborg22> But what do they have against me not sleeping?
    [20:46] <Remus> I think they would have preferred us sleeping while they ate us?
    [20:46] <Spheniscine> ((Grah... having trouble updating my map...))
    [20:47] * Remus fires Scorching Ray at the Wolf to his north
    [20:47] <DracoSemiAwake> ((Roll the attack(s) ))
    [20:48] <Remus> ((On it, one sec))
    [20:48] <Spheniscine> ((The wolves at 8,-2, and 8,-9 have moved right?))
    [20:49] <DracoSemiAwake> ((Yep))
    [20:49] <Spheniscine> ((Where to?))
    [20:49] <Remus> ((Trying to understand the system here... ranged touch attack.. mean i add my bonuses as with a normal ranged attack?))
    [20:50] <Ruumis> ((Yes))
    [20:50] <DracoSemiAwake> ((Yep, their Armor class isn't going to be as high though, since you are going against their touch AC which leads a lot out))
    [20:50] <Remus> ((14+6 = 20))
    [20:51] <DracoSemiAwake> ((Hit))
    [20:51] <Remus> ((2+6+2+3))
    [20:51] <Remus> ((13))
    [20:51] <DracoSemiAwake> ((If it is two rays, it is two seperate touch attacks))
    [20:52] <Remus> ((hmm? pretty sure i can only make one at this level))
    [20:52] <DracoSemiAwake> ((oh... 4d6 each I take it?))
    [20:52] <Ruumis> ((Indeed. Only 1 ray))
    [20:53] <Remus> ((Yep))
    [20:53] <DracoSemiAwake> ((Give me a second...))
    [20:55] <Spheniscine> ((Ah, forget the map... I really wish we could use a program for it...))
    [20:55] <DracoSemiAwake> ((We could, if someone was willing to host map-tool and everyone agreed and could get it working...))
    [20:56] <Remus> ((brb, dinner))
    [20:56] <Spheniscine> ((How does that work?))
    [20:56] <Spheniscine> ((And could we use another system, like OpenRPG?))
    [20:56] <DracoSemiAwake> ((What is wrong with MapTool per se?))
    [20:57] <Spheniscine> ((Nothing, unless you have trouble hosting it...))
    [20:57] <Spheniscine> ((I've not used either program))
    [20:57] <DracoSemiAwake> ((Ah... point... I guess I COULD try it...))
    [20:57] <DracoSemiAwake> ((Anyway, on with the game...))
    [20:58] <Remus> ((back))
    [21:00] <DracoSemiAwake> Evweryone make DC20 spot checks... Robin gets +5, Spheniscine and Zyborg get -5.
    [21:00] <Zyborg22> 1d20
    [21:00] <Zyborg22> dice 1d20
    [21:00] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 13; Total: 13.
    [21:00] <RobinFiredrake> dice 1d20
    [21:00] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 8; Total: 8.
    [21:00] <Spheniscine> dice 1d20
    [21:00] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 13; Total: 13.
    [21:00] <Ruumis> dice 1d20
    [21:00] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 8; Total: 8.
    [21:00] <Zyborg22> ((18))
    [21:00] <Ruumis> ((13))
    [21:00] <Remus> ((27))
    [21:01] <Spheniscine> ((13+3-5 = 11))
    [21:02] * Remus growls slightly and yells out, "There's something not right about these wolves!"
    [21:03] <Zyborg22> Like what?
    [21:03] <Remus> That spell didn't do as much damage as it should have, i think these might be our culprits
    [21:04] <Spheniscine> In disguise?
    [21:04] <Spheniscine> Oh, or super-powered wolves.
    [21:04] <RobinFiredrake> ((I'm not sure what my roll did for me...))
    [21:05] <Ruumis> "Wolves that aren't wolves?"
    [21:05] <Spheniscine> ((Somehow I'm still thinking about the terrorists... >.<))
    [21:05] <Spheniscine> ((I'm slow... =/))
    [21:06] <RobinFiredrake> ((I'm confused. Anyhow.))
    [21:06] <Ruumis> ((I want to use what may or may not be OOC knowledge of monsters of the world. :\ ))
    [21:08] <Ruumis> [in Infernal, somewhat shouted] "Excuse me, but do you not-wolves happen to speak infernal?"
    [21:09] <Spheniscine> ((lol))
    [21:09] <Ruumis> ((And remember, you people don't understand Infernal))
    [21:09] <Spheniscine> ((Infernal probably resembles Black Speech))
    [21:10] <Ruumis> [still infernal] "Oh, we were trying to figure out what was attacking some farms. Was that you? You did a quite good job if it was."
    [21:11] <Spheniscine> "You know, he creeps me out when he speaks in whatever language that is..."
    [21:11] <Ruumis> ((better than Abysmal, the language of chaotic evil))
    [21:11] <Spheniscine> ((lol))
    [21:11] <Remus> ((Well, Abysmal might be best choice... >.>))
    [21:12] <Spheniscine> ((Yeah... lol))
    [21:15] <Ruumis> ((hmm.... Waiting for a DM response))
    [21:15] <Remus> ((Same... >.>))
    [21:16] * Ruumis waves and shouts at the others. "Hold it! Stop fighting, parley!"
    [21:17] <Spheniscine> "Hm?"
    [21:17] <Zyborg22> Could you ask them why they're all going after me?
    [21:17] <Remus> I'm not standing still to wait for my throat to be ripped out!
    [21:18] <RobinFiredrake> Parley? With these things? What for? These kind of meetings always end in disaster...
    [21:18] * Spheniscine quips, "Did you find my long-lost relatives?"
    [21:18] <Ruumis> "The leader has agreed to talk, if you want to die faster, you can keep fighting."
    [21:18] * Remus yells to Sphen, "No, they're still in the crazy house!"
    [21:18] * Remus earperks and nods to Ruumis, "Hold!"
    [21:18] <Ruumis> "Then I'll get to dissect you, so I'll have fun at least."
    [21:19] * Spheniscine droops ears... "Oh..."
    [21:19] * RobinFiredrake nods hesitantly and sits down
    [21:19] <Remus> ((Pause/end initiative?))
    [21:19] <DracoSemiAwake> ((That ends initiative, yes...))
    [21:21] <Ruumis> [in infernal] "You don't happen to speak common, do you? These others have not learned this most excellent of languages."
    [21:21] <DracoSemiAwake> The larger Wolf howls loudly, with a word that nobody but Ruumis understands.
    [21:23] <Ruumis> "Excellent."
    [21:23] <DracoSemiAwake> I speak common. [In common]. These do not so much.
    [21:23] <DracoSemiAwake> ((All off that last comment was in common.))
    [21:24] <RobinFiredrake> Well now, finally. Not that terrible shrieking and howling.
    [21:24] <DracoSemiAwake> The Wolves stand tense and ready, but stop lunging at Zyborg.
    [21:24] <Zyborg22> If that was about me shooting you, I'm sorry about that. I thought you were going to attack us.
    [21:24] <Ruumis> ((Aaaand, have to go to the birthday party now.))
    [21:24] <Zyborg22> And you did, but I mean without me having to shoot you first.
    [21:25] <DracoSemiAwake> ((Bye Ruumis))
    [21:25] <Ruumis> "Hey, they were hungry and you were in the way."
    [21:25] <Ruumis> "Although I'm sure your soul is delicious as well."
    [21:25] <Spheniscine> o.o
    [21:26] * Remus reloads his crossbow with a silver bolt, rolling his eyes at Ruumis
    [21:26] * Spheniscine thinks "What ARE these things?"
    [21:26] <Ruumis> ((Well, I do have to go. Will be logging though. Bye))
    [21:26] <RobinFiredrake> Well I get hungry too, but I don't use that to justify trying to eat you. As if I' eat you anyway, bitter things... Still don't know what you're made of.
    [21:26] <Spheniscine> ((Aw bye))
    [21:26] <RobinFiredrake> ((Bye))
    [21:27] <DracoSemiAwake> Several of the smaller wolves start to say something, they seem suprised... the large one orders them to silence.
    [21:27] *** Ruumis is now known as Ruumis[away]
    [21:27] <Spheniscine> ((Oh yeah, just remembered that you can't take everything Ruumis says seriously... X3))
    [21:27] *** DracoSemiAwake is now known as LargeWolf
    [21:28] <LargeWolf> This is our place, why did you come here?
    [21:29] <Remus> We needed a place to camp and stay for the night, we were unaware
    [21:29] <Spheniscine> ((Should we tell them we came looking for the sheep menace?))
    [21:30] * LargeWolf looks bewildered.
    [21:31] * RobinFiredrake marches up to the large wolf. "Listen you, we're tired, lack the ability to walk forever, and can't exactly sleep in the sky. We meant no harm so can't you just let us be?"
    [21:34] * Remus 's eyes flit between the wolves, muscles tensed
    [21:35] <LargeWolf> That depends... where are you going and why?
    [21:35] * Spheniscine is thoughtful
    [21:35] <LargeWolf> We don't want you staying near.
    [21:35] <Remus> We were sent to investigate some possible vandalism at a far a bit away from here
    [21:36] <RobinFiredrake> Selfish. All animals are, feh.
    [21:36] <Remus> Farm*
    [21:36] * Spheniscine * If I didn't wonder what these things were before, I definitely am wondering now. X3
    [21:36] * Remus glares at Robin, "Fear your enemies, fear your friends more"
    [21:37] * RobinFiredrake sits down innocently. "Who, me? I'm just a little dragon, never harmed anyone before."
    [21:37] * Remus walks up to the Large Wolf, "Who are you and what is your claim to this area?"
    [21:38] <LargeWolf> Then you can...! (Looks like he is going to attack again, then suddenly calms.) Actually, that is great, sorry for attacking. This fight was without help to anyone. We will go.
    [21:38] <Spheniscine> Hmm...
    [21:38] * Remus narrows his eyes
    [21:39] <Remus> You will not leave until you answer my question. I ask again, who are you?
    [21:39] <LargeWolf> #1 Bolts north, away from the camp as soon at Robin starts moving.
    [21:40] * LargeWolf gives names all around.
    [21:42] <RobinFiredrake> Easily scared. Hm. That's bad. Means they'll fight too.
    [21:42] <LargeWolf> ((Noite that #1` was pretty badly hurt))
    [21:47] <Remus> ((...hello? >.>))
    [21:47] <LargeWolf> ((People thinking, or should we call it a session?))
    [21:48] <Zyborg22> So, does that mean we should move?
    [21:48] <RobinFiredrake> ((I'm just not sure what's supposed to happen.))
    [21:48] <Spheniscine> ((Me neither))
    [21:49] <LargeWolf> ((Don't worry about that too much... worry about what your character would do in the situatiion... if you are worried you will mess things up, PM me.))
    [21:49] <Zyborg22> So they don't attack again or something?
    [21:49] <Spheniscine> ((They left us alone right?))
    [21:49] <Zyborg22> ((Sure, but they don't want us there.))
    [21:49] <LargeWolf> ((The wolves are not attacking at this time, no, in fact, they seem anxious to leave.))
    [21:50] * Remus looks the lead wolf up and down, "May i ask, what precisely are you?"
    [21:50] * RobinFiredrake sighs and stares at the wolves. "Alright then, as there's nought else I can do, I'll ask politely. Will you let us sleep here for the night? We'll be out of your way soon."
    [21:50] <RobinFiredrake> ((Ack, collision. Ignore mine.))
    [21:51] <Zyborg22> ((Oh, right. They're still here.))
    [21:53] <LargeWolf> (To Renus): We are the pack, part of the big pack.
    [21:53] <LargeWolf> (None of these guys seem that bright by the by...)
    [21:54] <Remus> I mean, how is it you can speak?
    [21:56] <LargeWolf> My bitch taught me to speak when I was a pup.
    [21:56] <Spheniscine> ((Huh...))
    [21:56] <Zyborg22> I thought that term only referred to pregnant dogs. Maybe not.
    [21:56] <LargeWolf> ((Female dogs...))
    [21:57] <Spheniscine> ((Ah well, when you think about it, are they any more weird than us? Except for the Infernal bit...))
    [21:57] <LargeWolf> ((And wolves))
    [21:57] <Zyborg22> ((Eh, whatever :P ))
    [21:58] * Remus nods and turns around, walking away a bit before turning back
    [21:58] <RobinFiredrake> That's ALSO not what we meant, thank you very much. What is your species?
    [21:59] <Zyborg22> And what's this about soul eating?
    [22:00] <LargeWolf> ((Ruumis was the one who mentioned that, and since Hyperion is AFK right now...))
    [22:00] <Zyborg22> That could be Ruumis being himself again, but you can never be sure with those things.
    [22:01] <LargeWolf> What is "species"? (You explain...) "We are the wolves, the better wolves."
    [22:01] <Spheniscine> ((This is going nowhere fast... X3))
    [22:01] <Zyborg22> In what way are you better?
    [22:01] <RobinFiredrake> Blast, nevermind this.
    [22:02] * Remus thinks for a moment, "You say you're part of a Big Pack... is there a leader who would be willing to speak to us, come morning?"
    [22:02] <LargeWolf> ((OOC Sigh.... I am really not playing these guys right... they should be even harder to talk to than this... they are almost litterally drooling morons... but whatever...))
    [22:02] <LargeWolf> No.
    [22:03] * Remus nods
    [22:04] <LargeWolf> Talk hard. We go now?
    [22:05] <Remus> Yes, we shall go in morning
    [22:06] <LargeWolf> Good.
    [22:07] * LargeWolf barks to the rest of the pack in Infernal, and they move off, in the direction the wind is blowing from. ((Unless someone is going to stop them.))
    [22:07] * Remus walks to his tent and sits at its entrance
    [22:07] * Remus sniffs the air as they run off
    [22:08] * RobinFiredrake stares, only talking after they leave. "So are we really gonna leave, or are we gonna go spy on 'em?"
    [22:08] <Remus> For now, we leave, continue to the farm. But i think we may have found our culprits, or at least found "friends" of theirs
    [22:09] <RobinFiredrake> True enough.
    [22:09] <Zyborg22> Plus, I don't want them pouncing on me again.
    [22:10] <Remus> Either way, i do not like the look of things, for now, sleep
    [22:10] <RobinFiredrake> Finally... Thank you.
    [22:10] * RobinFiredrake marches back to his tent and lays down
    [22:11] <Remus> I'll stay on as an extra watch, we may need it
    [22:12] <LargeWolf> Robin and anyone else with ranks in it who hasn't tried yet (so not Remus I think...), make me a Knowledge(The Planes) check if you would... ((Ruumis fails his))
    [22:13] <Remus> ((Might as well make Direlda's, too))
    [22:13] <RobinFiredrake> ((How do I do a check?))
    [22:13] <LargeWolf> ((Don't know if Direlda has a rank in that one....))
    [22:13] <Spheniscine> (Roll a dice, then add your modifier.)
    [22:14] <Spheniscine> (d20)
    [22:14] <Remus> ((But only if you have at least one rank in it...))
    [22:14] <Spheniscine> (Yeah, that)
    [22:14] <RobinFiredrake> dice 1D20
    [22:14] <WagzBot> Results of die roll(s): 1; Total: 1.
    [22:14] <RobinFiredrake> So... Six.
    [22:14] <Spheniscine> ((Awr))
    [22:15] <LargeWolf> ((Direlda has no ranks in that...))
    [22:15] * Remus pulls up a bit of grass and begins chewing on it
    [22:15] <RobinFiredrake> ((I roll so badly... In everything. I think I annoyed the RNG.))
    [22:16] <Zyborg22> ((You should start bribing Wagz with muffins))
    [22:16] <Remus> ((I prefer to use my own dice :P))
    [22:16] <Remus> ((Just need two D10s...))
    [22:17] <RobinFiredrake> ((Not just Wagz. You should see my rolls EVERYWHERE.))
    [22:17] <Remus> ((heheh))
    [22:17] <LargeWolf> ((2d10 doesn't give the same spread of results as 1d20...))
    [22:17] <Remus> ((I meant for percentage rolls and such))
    [22:18] <LargeWolf> ((Ah... GM is usually the one who ends up with stuff that involves d%...))
    Session Start (CFFWolfin:#DracoD&D): Fri Mar 19 22:20:53 2010 -0400
    [22:20] *** DracoPhone_ has joined #DracoD&D
    [22:20] *** Topic on #DracoD&D is: This is a topic.
    [22:20] *** Topic set by Hyperion (3/9/2010 at 2:30 AM)
    [22:21] <DracoPhone_> ((Glitched out...))
    [22:21] <RobinFiredrake> ((I found him!))
    [22:21] *** DracoDei... Erroneous Nickname
    [22:21] <RobinFiredrake> ((Where's my XP?))
    [22:21] *** DracoPhone_ is now known as DracoDei
    [22:21] *** -NickServ- This nickname is registered and protected. If it is your
    [22:21] *** -NickServ- nick, type /msg NickServ IDENTIFY password. Otherwise,
    [22:21] *** -NickServ- please choose a different nick.
    [22:21] <Spheniscine> ((Woohoo!))
    [22:21] <Remus> ((Sidequest Status: Complete!))
    [22:21] <Remus> ((Right here! XP ))
    [22:21] <DracoDei> Last I saw was:
    [22:21] <DracoDei> [22:17] <LargeWolf> ((2d10 doesn't give the same spread of results as 1d20...))[22:17] <Remus> ((I meant for percentage rolls and such))[22:18] <LargeWolf> ((Ah... GM is usually the one who ends up with stuff that involves d%...))
    [22:21] <Remus> ((True... but yeah :P))
    [22:23] *** Zyborg22 is now known as Awayborg
    [22:24] <DracoDei> ((Shall we end here?))
    [22:26] <Remus> ((Sure? Nothing else happens during the night....))
    [22:26] <Spheniscine> ((Fine with me I guess))
    [22:26] <Remus> ((How many hours into the night did this happen?))
    [22:27] <DracoDei> ((3rd watch out of 4 I think...))
    [22:28] <Awayborg> ((Ok. That's fine.))
    [22:29] *** Awayborg is now known as Zyborg22
    [22:30] <DracoDei> ((Be thinking of what you are doing next... my default assumption is that the next session will start when you arrive at the farm-house.))
    [22:30] <Zyborg22> ((That's my default assumption as well.))
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •