New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [3.5] So my gashapon collection is growing. What could I do with them?

So my coco-egg collection is growing, and I am wondering what I could possibly use them for (and how) in D&D.

Spoiler
    Show

Perhaps place the Mario world in it's own Spelljammer sphere in the Material Plane of my cosmology?
    I just want someone to hold me and tell me they love me. Especially when I am sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Skami Pilno View Post
    The man who is dominated by fear of death is already dead.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] So my gashapon collection is growing. What could I do with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Pika... View Post
    Perhaps place the Mario world in it's own Spelljammer sphere in the Material Plane of my cosmology?
    Yes. Absolutely. Great idea is great.
    My pronouns are they/them.

Avatar courtesy of Elagune's OotS manga reinterpretation!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] So my gashapon collection is growing. What could I do with them?

Spelljammer works. Or they're elite assassins, bred for slaughter and enhanced by raw elemental magic.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!
    Avatar by the incredible CrimsonAngel.
    Saph:It's surprising how many problems can be solved by one druid spell combined with enough aggression.
    I play primarily 3.5 D&D. Most of my advice will be based off of this. If my advice doesn't apply, specify a version in your post.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Koopas make excellent Crucians.

...Run a desert game with an unarmed swordsage (tiger claw focused), against an evil crucian civilization, set in their sewers?
    Slaanesh wants you to click this.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry to bump this thread, but I think I found something very significant that might be able to help me.

Has anyone here ever seen this?:
    http://www.kobolds-keep.net/downloads.html

Are the rules any fun/good or balanced?

Has anyone ever used them before?
    I just want someone to hold me and tell me they love me. Especially when I am sad.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Yes. Absolutely. Great idea is great.
    Why, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sstoopidtallkid View Post
    Spelljammer works. Or they're elite assassins, bred for slaughter and enhanced by raw elemental magic.
    Wut?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dracomorph View Post
    Koopas make excellent Crucians.

...Run a desert game with an unarmed swordsage (tiger claw focused), against an evil crucian civilization, set in their sewers?
    A reference to that wonderful movie?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Wut?!
    Think about it. You have the princess who rules the land, guarded by an elite Giant Spiked Turtle bodyguard with a breath weapon. All routes into her palace are guarded by mobile mushrooms that are toxic to the touch and small turtles bred from the flesh of the larger one. She lacks a real army, instead enforcing her will through an elite cadre of 'Plumbers'(called that because they remove problems) who utilize rare magical ingredients to grant themselves mystical powers. Then one day, a single Plumber throws off her conditioning...
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!
    Avatar by the incredible CrimsonAngel.
    Saph:It's surprising how many problems can be solved by one druid spell combined with enough aggression.
    I play primarily 3.5 D&D. Most of my advice will be based off of this. If my advice doesn't apply, specify a version in your post.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Think about it. You have the princess who rules the land, guarded by an elite Giant Spiked Turtle bodyguard with a breath weapon. All routes into her palace are guarded by mobile mushrooms that are toxic to the touch and small turtles bred from the flesh of the larger one. She lacks a real army, instead enforcing her will through an elite cadre of 'Plumbers'(called that because they remove problems) who utilize rare magical ingredients to grant themselves mystical powers. Then one day, a single Plumber throws off her conditioning...
    That is extremely disturbed. Kudos!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Um, no thanks. I am a big fan of the Mario series and caharcters (my collection is proof of that...), so I prefer not to "twist" it into a dark theme like that.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

I want! Where did you get those?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzerdrix View Post
    I want! Where did you get those?
    Inside delicious chocolate eggs.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Chocolate eggs!?! Why was I not made aware of any such animal what could lay chocolate eggs?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Chocolate eggs!?! Why was I not made aware of any such animal what could lay chocolate eggs?
    http://hlj.com/product/FRT20777

Each egg practically comes out around the same price as buying a king size candy bar at Walmart.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

You sir, have made my day! Thank you! ^_^

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

You sir, have made my day! Thank you! ^_^
    I am glad to hear it.

I hope you enjoy.

I suggest rdering at least two boxes, though. I got two boxes, but I am still missing the shell atop a block, and the "secret" one. I have not even able to find out which is the secret one online.

ps. Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention that my collection has grown a bit. Having just finished off my second box I got a nice little army to throw at PCs. I just ordered a third box to hopefully finish of the collection, so odds are I will have a lot more doubles.

I only have a single squid and winged koopa, though. How am I supposed to fight air and sea battles?
    Last edited by Pika...; 2009-11-18 at 07:27 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I just got done with another conversion project which I might be able to throw at PCs.

Spoiler
    Show

It can hold my campaign data AND get me a TPK.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I know it ain't the point, but nice Chun poster on the wall :o
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2009-11-21 at 08:02 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    I know it ain't the point, but nice Chun poster on the wall :o
    Many thanks!

I love it myself. I have a Cammy one on the opposite side of the room.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

What is it?
    Last edited by Vizzerdrix; 2009-11-21 at 08:19 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

I was more distracted by the backwards Star Wars poster myself...

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

What is it?
    Well it was a spare Burger King Nintendo toy, but now it serves as a 4gig flash drive, and if I can find stats an encounter in my Spelljammer sphere where the Mario world is located?

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    I was more distracted by the backwards Star Wars poster myself...
    Oops. Forgot to flip them in Photoshop. I took those with my Macbook's camera.