New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Dragon Magazine ACFs (Alternative Class Features)

Normally (when the Wizards site isn't down) there's a good list of Alternative Class Features (ACFs). But it excludes most ACFs from Dragon magazine. Is there a list somewhere of those? I don't have the magazines to flip through, but I can borrow a lot of them if I know what issues to ask for.

In particular I'm looking for Cleric ACFs, mostly things that will take them out of Tier 1 status. Like reduced spellcasting for feats, turn undead replaced by darkvision, or things along those lines.

Even partial info ("Issue # X has ACFs for Paladins") would be appreciated.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Magazine ACFs (Alternative Class Features)

If Crystalkeep is a viable option, take a look there. i remember that the class list has monk, fighter and arcane casters ACF appeared in Dragon Magazine, so you could find what you need.
    Warning: my time zone and internet acces may lead to strange/late post answers.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    The rogue isn't really using charisma in melee, the rogue is applying Ability Score #6 to his Type-One attacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ken-do-nim View Post
    DMing is how you turn D&D from a game into a hobby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroon View Post
    Players can see a story where there isn't one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    For 4.0? I expect them to whine to the DM until he makes the big bad boogeyman go away.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dragon #353 has some Spellthief ACFs, most importantly the Trickster variant.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    If Crystalkeep is a viable option, take a look there. i remember that the class list has monk, fighter and arcane casters ACF appeared in Dragon Magazine, so you could find what you need.
    I looked at their "Base Classes" index, and it had a bunch of class variants and racial substitution levels, but not too many (any?) actual alternative class features.

An example: they've got the Aspirant variant (from Dragon # 311), which has Divine Counterspell as a class feature. But they don't list the Divine Counterspell ACF from Complete Mage at all. Nor the Divine Restoration ACF from Dungeonscape, nor the Master of Spiders ACF from Drow of the Underdark. Basically every Cleric ACF I looked for wasn't on their list.

So either I'm looking in the wrong index there, or Crystalkeep isn't going to help.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    I looked at their "Base Classes" index, and it had a bunch of class variants and racial substitution levels, but not too many (any?) actual alternative class features.

An example: they've got the Aspirant variant (from Dragon # 311), which has Divine Counterspell as a class feature. But they don't list the Divine Counterspell ACF from Complete Mage at all. Nor the Divine Restoration ACF from Dungeonscape, nor the Master of Spiders ACF from Drow of the Underdark. Basically every Cleric ACF I looked for wasn't on their list.

So either I'm looking in the wrong index there, or Crystalkeep isn't going to help.
    Uh.. true. A lot of books miss from Crystalkeep (like the very good DotU). In my experience, generally Dragon and Dungeon are more likely to be listed, so I pointed it out.

My bad, I guess you have to look elsewhere...
    Last edited by Kaiyanwang; 2009-11-09 at 11:37 AM.
    Warning: my time zone and internet acces may lead to strange/late post answers.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    The rogue isn't really using charisma in melee, the rogue is applying Ability Score #6 to his Type-One attacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ken-do-nim View Post
    DMing is how you turn D&D from a game into a hobby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroon View Post
    Players can see a story where there isn't one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    For 4.0? I expect them to whine to the DM until he makes the big bad boogeyman go away.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post

IIRC, CrystalKeep calls all ACF's "Variants" for some reason.
    You can call me Draz.
    Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also of note:

I have a number of ongoing projects that I manically jump between to spend my free time ... so don't be surprised when I post a lot about something for a few days, then burn out and abandon it.
    ... yes, I need to be tested for ADHD.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

on DM wich is listed on crystalkeep too there is a alternative fighter for rangeds chars wich is a MUST to take at least 1 lev.
    Fighter Targeteer. get a feat wich can add to the ranged attack the bonus on dex.