New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Cleric Gestalt build

I would like some help with a gestalt build I'm doing for an ECL 15 sandbox campaign. I picked Gold Dragon wyrmling as the race (+2LA for free and enough free xp for another +2 LA). I rolled the equivalent of a 51pt. buy (17, 16, 16, 15, 13, 13, and 12, I'm assuming dropping the 12). Houserules and character creation info is here.

With the 8 racial hit die (max hp for all levels fortunately) this would leave me 15 levels of cleric (and related Prcs) on one side and 7 levels of another class on the other. I wonder what classes can complement this cleric gestalt?
    Last edited by Exterminatus; 2009-11-09 at 06:14 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Cleric Gestalt build

Monk is fine, especially the first 2-6 levels. (Unarmed) Swordsage is a very good option. Note that PrCs should probably be reserved on the Cleric-side meaning it's probably better to stick to base classes on the other.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Yup. Swordsage or monk would be solid choices. You can always use Divine Power to bring your BAB up to 15 when you need to.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

His house rules allow PrCs on both sides of the gestalt if desired.

There's no mention of how favoured class works in your game for gestalt characters. If classes on both sides count, then you may actually want only PrCs on the HD side of the gestalt. Otherwise you want to snag something which gives WIS to AC - ninja, swordsage and monk all qualify. A psychic warrior dip could also be useful for free feats, access to psionic feats and to use psionic items.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

I recommend going Monk 2/Psychic Warrior 6 on the LA/HD side and taking Talashtora Monk.

You know. Just for kicks.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Would using alternate form to become a medium humanoid be viable as a way to use equipment? (or would losing the natural armor be too much)?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

the saint template gives some nice bonus although I'm not sure if they overlap with gold dragon.

What kind of cleric are you looking for? clericzilla? healbot? buffbot?
    Also do nightsticks stack?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Clericzilla, possibly leaning towards buffbot.