New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Default Re: Knock Knock, It's Reality.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomLunatic View Post
    Elemental Plane of Steam.
    QFT You my friend deserve a cookie in the shape of a moose.
    Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post
    You are my favorite kind of villain.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dixieboy View Post
    That just means not enough fire was applied.

Related question:
    Decanter of endless water VS, Elemental plane of fire?
    Massive steam damage destroys decanter.

FIRE WEENS.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

Related question:
    The Decanter eventually breaks, releasing a formerly bound crazed fire sorcerer who decides to join your party just to burn stuff. :V
    Last edited by Karma Guard; 2009-11-14 at 09:26 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wow... I have to say, the wounded goblin story made me laugh.

Also, trying to get the fire to keep burning me would have backfired, as my DM would likely make it a DC 0, so I always succeed that.

Edit: Rather than double post.

I chose to sit on a tombstone.

DM: Make a balance check.
    Me: But I'm just SITTING.
    DM: I know you, you fall backwards off things.
    Me: *Currently leaning back on two legs of my chair.* Yeah, whatever.
    DM: Just roll the dice.
    Me: *Rolls natural 20, and the guy sitting next to me kicks the legs of my chair out from under me.*

So, I made the balance check on the tombstone, and fell on my ass IRL.
    Last edited by Shnezz; 2009-11-16 at 09:28 AM.
    "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for you are both flammable and an easy target."
    "... Sneak attack?"

5. - Top - End - #35
    Halfling in the Playground

Imp

Related question:
    According to my sig the decanter would be set on fire.
    Rules of Life:
    1: Everything Burns
    2: If something does not burn see rule 1.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    The party had no idea what was going on, only that I rolled a half-dozen natural 20s and then came out of the bathroom looking pleased with myself.
    I literally laughed so hard I gave myself the hiccups when I read this. May I sig this PLEASE?!?

~Raiki

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

All right, we just had another session last night, and our party of level 1's met their first town. This went well.

Our party rogue, myself, started the night off by finding a dice game at the tavern. And then made successful checks to change the dice in his favor when he lost, and cleaned the other gamblers out. Glad they were drunk.

Our ranger decided to be anti-social (To us) and spend the entire time at the inn drinking. He'll miss out on the fun we had.

Our dwarf fighter tried to start a drinking contest, and fell off the table. He was out for the night.

Our sorcerer charmed the bartender, and they went upstairs. Just say he was 'busy' for the night.

So, after the gambling was done, this left me and our Chaotic Evil Dragonborn. And I'm chaotic neutral. In our first town. So, we head straaaight to the manor house. There are about eight guards making rounds inside the gate, and there's sure to be more inside. I grab an orb of unknown magical fire (Taken from the kobold in my first post) and have the dragonborn chuck it as far as he can.

We hit the winter/siege emergency food stores.

The guards run right out the gate, which they did remember to re-lock. So, with a +9 acrobatics check I scale the wall, lower a rope, and me and my dragonborn buddy are in.

To cut out some more sneak checks and acrobatics checks, we ended up getting away with 125 lbs of mixed valueables, and a large painting of a dragon in a golden frame. No one saw us, it's the perfect level 1's dream, right?

Well, we can't sell these here, so we decide to tell the rest of the party we're camping "to avoid paying the inn for a room." We head out.

Only today did I realise after all our care... we didn't try to cover our tracks out. And the DM noticed too.
    Last edited by Shnezz; 2009-11-17 at 08:40 AM.
    "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for you are both flammable and an easy target."
    "... Sneak attack?"

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Actually, it's kind of funny. Every time I play a sorceror (which is usually), I always fail Fort saves in regards to alcohol. EVERY time. Seriously, it could be the beginning of the campaign:

DM: You're in a bar.
    Me: I order a beer!
    DM: Fort save.
    Me: ...1.

It kinda makes sense, since sorcerors aren't meant to be all that hardy.
    Mega-tar by AlterForm. Power Up!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.

9. - Top - End - #39

Planetar

Our party is being attacked by a mounted merc company while we defend a farm (my current campaign). The fight goes well (though due to a lucky crit I now only have 1 eye...blasted archers...) and we thin down their numbers before they reach us...a little. Their leader ends up taking a slice at our rogue (who crit attacks him in return), our paladin manages to hit him, and then our Orc Barbarian, named Fluffy, comes over and atomizes the guy.

I'm not really exaggerating. He had 10ish hp left, and Fluffy dealt over 51 points of damage. This fight had gone so hilariously badly for him, and we just decided to roll a "what the hell"d20 for the horse. Got a Nat 1. The horse instantly died of heart failure.

'twas great.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Karma Guard View Post
    The Decanter eventually breaks, releasing a formerly bound crazed fire sorcerer who decides to join your party just to burn stuff. :V
    I believe he joins your party out of a warped sense of debt. :V

11. - Top - End - #41

I once had a Planetouched/Aasimar/whatever you want to call her Bard, and she had feathery wings that she could bring out and put away at will, just sort of as an added bonus thing.

We were wandering around a highly religious, spiritual city, and she had her wings out because she thought it would make it easier for us to get the information we needed.

An acolyte of some religion ran up to her and practically threw himself at her feet, claiming she was the Chosen One. My Bard didn't want THAT much attention, so she told him no, she wasn't the Chosen One; he wanted to know how she got her wings, but it was a bit of a private affair for her, so I started the Bluff checks.

I was rolling mid numbers the whole time, usually JUST beating the DC, so the DM played the acolyte as very skeptical, and he managed to get me to Bluff myself around in a circle.

DM- "How did you get your wings?"
    Me- "Uhh... I'm an avariel."
    DM- "Really? You don't have elven ears."
    Me- (saying I was hiding them would have been significantly easier than this) "They were cut off by my evil twin. I can only get them back by completing this quest... which I need information for..."
    DM- "How do I know you're not lying?"
    Me- "Because I'm the Chosen! Why would I lie to you?"
    DM- "...so you ARE the Chosen One, then."

That's just a few parts of the conversation... the whole thing took about ten minutes to do, and it was awhile ago, but that's basically how it ended up. The Fighter saved me from the crazy acolyte soon after
    The poster formerly known as Riyoukaze.
    I am agile, like orange.
    onthetown