New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Default [D20 Modern] Naruto d20

Any tips on the system? What do you think about it?

Can anyone help me with an Taijutsu Expert with a side dish of Hachimon Toukou, Chackra control and Genjutsu?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [D20 Modern] Naruto d20

Is this system new? Never heard about it (and I'm usually up on d20 Modern stuff). Also, is it available in web format in a legal way?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeFightwicky View Post
    Is this system new? Never heard about it (and I'm usually up on d20 Modern stuff). Also, is it available in web format in a legal way?
    Unfortunately it isn't. It's a fan made project and it looked popular in some circles, so I wanted to know if the playgrounders knew about it.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

It is downloadable. The version you have to pay for is simply the editable version.

There are a few things I've noticed during the week or so I was trying to understand the thing, however. Take this with a grain of salt, as I can barely understand the system and someone who better understands it might not have these concerns.

-Most classes have MAD.
    -It is hard to get enough skill points to do things as they added more skills but didn't add more skill points to the classes.
    -Prestige classes often have sneak attack for no real reason, even if said class is lacking in skill points.
    -There are techniques from Negima for no real reason.
    -Prestige classes aren't modular enough. The medical ninja prestige class seems based off of Kabuto and his chakra scalpel when every other medical ninja has their own set of techniques.
    -I don't understand how a character acquires Ninjutsu (Read: magic).
    -The organization of the free version is bad. Not enough bookmarks, no table of contents, and the whole PDF is long.

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Winnie the Pooh by Sneak.
    Fishing by Dr. Bath.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thx for the link! I'll take a look and see what it's all about.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by UglyPanda View Post
    It is downloadable. The version you have to pay for is simply the editable version.

There are a few things I've noticed during the week or so I was trying to understand the thing, however. Take this with a grain of salt, as I can barely understand the system and someone who better understands it might not have these concerns.

-Most classes have MAD.
    -It is hard to get enough skill points to do things as they added more skills but didn't add more skill points to the classes.
    -Prestige classes often have sneak attack for no real reason, even if said class is lacking in skill points.
    -There are techniques from Negima for no real reason.
    -Prestige classes aren't modular enough. The medical ninja prestige class seems based off of Kabuto and his chakra scalpel when every other medical ninja has their own set of techniques.
    -I don't understand how a character acquires Ninjutsu (Read: magic).
    -The organization of the free version is bad. Not enough bookmarks, no table of contents, and the whole PDF is long.
    The jutsus learning is a fu!@#$ nightmare! But aparently:

You need a minimum level of ECL+bonuses equal jutsu level rank.
    You make a skill check every N (time scale);
    If you pass N times you get one mastery grade (know,...,master);

Yeah...