New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Warlock Prince [3.5]

I have just made a NPC for my campain, a 4th level character with one level of aristocrat and three levels of Warlock. My problem is that his bluff, diplomancy, and intimidate all have a total bonus of +17.

Cha 18 + Max Ranks + Begileing Influence (Least Invocation) = +17?

His Charisma increased to 18 when he hit 4th level, as was expected, and he also took max ranks (+7) in these three skills since they are important to a prince. But with Begileing Influence, he gets an additional +6 to those skills... is this right?

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Warlock Prince [3.5]

Don't forget synergy bonuses

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by LordWolfgang View Post
    I have just made a NPC for my campain, a 4th level character with one level of aristocrat and three levels of Warlock. My problem is that his bluff, diplomancy, and intimidate all have a total bonus of +17.

Cha 18 + Max Ranks + Begileing Influence (Least Invocation) = +17?

His Charisma increased to 18 when he hit 4th level, as was expected, and he also took max ranks (+7) in these three skills since they are important to a prince. But with Begileing Influence, he gets an additional +6 to those skills... is this right?
    Take Skill Focus is each of those (flaws or human), maybe persuasive, and it will be even higher!

But yeah, it's right.

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by sofawall View Post
    Take Skill Focus is each of those (flaws or human), maybe persuasive, and it will be even higher!

But yeah, it's right.
    Goddamn... Oh well, the poor PCs are going to be as confused as hell. I guess it isn't a problem, being that the prince is the main badguy. Or atleast he will be in the next adventure, right now he's their best friend. -evil DM laughter-

Thanks.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

I thought social skills aren't supposed to be used on PCs? (Diplomacy and Intimidate, at least. Bluff can work fine since there's a defense against it in the form of Sense Motive.)

Eberron Red Hand of Doom Campaign Journal. NOW COMPLETE!
    Sakuya Izayoi avatar by Mr. Saturn. Caella sig by Neoseph.

"I dunno, you just gave me the image of a nerd flying slow motion over a coffee table towards another nerd, dual wielding massive books. It was awesome." -- Marriclay

6. - Top - End - #6

I run a game heavy with politics. Even if the NPC doesn't use diplomancy and intimidate on the PCs, he will use it on the folks he wants to influence toward him. The PCs have to beat his diplomancy if they want to convince the other NPCs to do what they want them to do.
    EX: Kiddles the Barbarian wants to get the street gang to help them take on the corrupted city guards. He rolls a total of 23, a high roll for him, to convince them of this. The Warlock Prince, in disguise, tells the street gangs that not only are the PCs going to turn them in to the guard, but that they (the street gang) are better off helping him take on the 'evil' commoners. He rolls a 30 for bluff and a 33 for diplomancy, mid to high rolls for him.