New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Default Extra arms and Grappling (D&D3.5e)

Are there any rules anywhere that says you get a bonus on grapple checks for having more than 2 arms?

I think I've read it somewhere, but I can't remember where.

EDIT: Found it! Sword & Fist, page 62. 3.0 book that was not converted to 3.5 So it should carry over
    Last edited by Fluffles; 2009-11-17 at 07:30 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Extra arms and Grappling (D&D3.5e)

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffles View Post
    Are there any rules anywhere that says you get a bonus on grapple checks for having more than 2 arms?

I think I've read it somewhere, but I can't remember where.
    I'm not sure if there is a rule regarding that, but the Giant Octopus doesn't get any bonus to grapple for multiple tentacles. You may be thinking of resisting Trip attempts, where creatures get a +2 per leg past the 2nd.
    My games:
    Have you ever wondered How to Succeed in Evil?

Thanks licoot for the awesome Pip avatar!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

No, I'm sure there is something about more arms. It might be a 3.0 book... But I mush find it. It's for an arena game on another site, and there is a 60% chance of me going *squish* unless I can find a way to get to use my 6 arms. (Insectile)

EDIT: Wow, I just did some googling and this thread was the number 1 on the list
    Last edited by Fluffles; 2009-11-17 at 07:27 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Improved Grab, Snatch, Improved Snatch and Multisnatch can help you grapple many foes at once. That's one fun way to make use of multiple limbs for grappling.
    Last edited by FMArthur; 2009-11-18 at 02:23 AM.
    • Chameleon Base Class [3.5]/[PF]: A versatile, morphic class that mimics one basic party role (warrior, caster, sneak, etc) at a time. If you find yourself getting bored of any class you play too long, the Chameleon is for you!
    • Warlock Power Sources [3.5]: Making Hellfire Warlock part of the base class and providing other similar options for Warlocks whose powers don't come from devils.

5. - Top - End - #5

1st: Grapple bonuses for extra limbs would fall under racial modifiers, such as the one a squid has.

2nd: Trip resist does not give you a +2 bonus per leg after the second. It gives a flat +4 if you have more than 2 legs or are exceptionally stable.

So, whether you have 3 legs, or 300 and the Stable quality, you get a +4.

6. - Top - End - #6

Then I get the +4 IRL.

But on topic there are ways to deal damage on grapples IIRC. There might be a way to make the extra arms buff the damage. Hmmm