Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Dreamscape Epic Spell

Here's the link to the spell:
    http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/spells/dreamscape.htm

How exactly does it work? The spell is very vague about a lot of details. It can be used to travel quickly or move to another plane (but both seemingly slower and riskier than just teleporting or plane shifting or gating).

What is the dreamscape like? Is each dreamer's dreams a separate realm or do they all occupy a shared reality? Can you explore people's minds by wandering through their dreams? Can you attack people's minds in their dreams? Will a dreamer you visit be able to remember you? Are dreamed up creatures and objects identical to their real counterparts? Can you take dreamed objects out into the real world? Can visitors dream up their own things and exert control over their surroundings? There's an almost endless list of questions.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Dreamscape Epic Spell

Manual of the Planes describes the dreamscape in detail in the Variant Planes section in the back; the epic spell is meant to refer to that. In fact, the epic spell is almost exactly the same as a 7th level spell in MotP used to get there. Getting your hands on MotP would probably provide the best explanation.
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.

Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    I'm pretty sure turning Waterdeep into a sheet of glass wasn't the best win condition for that fight. We lived though!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiDuRaritry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'DiceLost View Post
    <Snip>
    Where are my Like, Love, and Want to Have Your Manchildren (Totally Homo) buttons for this post?
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this