New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Pathfinder/3.5

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Pathfinder/3.5

Can someone please explain what the main differences between D&D 3.5 and Pathfinder are? I've had a quick flick through the Pathfinder rulebook but can see very little obvious difference to 3.5. I won't bother getting it if the differences are minimal.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Pathfinder/3.5

Main differences? Feats, Class Abilities, and Combat maneuvers. Those are the areas with heaviest change. Spells have also been broken up or reorganized particularly how polymorph works, now.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Planetar

Someone was doing an index of changes at some point: the thread's fallen off the front pages but you should be able to find it with a little searching.

I did a summarised report here, though it needs a little updating.

Short version, yes, there are quite a few changes, mostly lots and lots of small ones rather than big ones.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by OzCymru View Post
    can see very little obvious difference to 3.5. I won't bother getting it if the differences are minimal.
    You didn't give the PF classes a good look over then. They're very much changed.
    Around here I have a very responsible position. Every time something goes wrong I'm responsible.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

They made the Paladin a lot better. Smite Evil now penetrates DR and keeps going until you kill 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Ring of Evasion means never playing a monk with monk levels again. There is just no reason to dip that stuff. I know we're all about using every part of the buffalo here, but can we just admit that it's inedible?