New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Default A Campaign Fo-Pah

I'm going into a 37th level campaign. Granted yes, this is High-end, the DM is allowing most real stuff. Half of the gods are dead and the other half dying. The party is mostly evil or neutral, and I wanted to run a Necromancer-type.

Now, I plan on using the +3LA Fey'ari and classing thru Dread Necromancer with a possible cleric multiclass. My issue is Prestige Classes. With such a short list available, which one should I use?

I'll have a Rod of Undead Mastery and a set of bags of holding filled with corpses and bones and such.

I'll have 2 divine ranks and be a "Lich"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: A Campaign Fo-Pah

Honestly, at your level, no undead you create will be more powerful than the arbitrarily large number of Solars a caster of half your level could have chain-gated in.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    Honestly, at your level, no undead you create will be more powerful than the arbitrarily large number of Solars a caster of half your level could have chain-gated in.
    the point is we have a Drow Sorcerer, a Half-Troll Half-Shadow Dragon Barbarian, a Baal-Spawn Warblade//Duskblade, a Kobold Half-White Dragon Frost Mage, and a Human Favored Soul of St. Culthburt.

I just feel like the "odd man out"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

"Faux pas"
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
    Lower levels arcane spells are usually a drag, but lower level psionic powers are often just higher ones waiting to be augmented.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jokey665 View Post
    "Faux pas"
    thax.

Anyways, during a post, I had an epihiany: Druid Cleric gestalt.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

1) It's spelled "faux pas."

2) If you're a rank 2 divinity, you have hundreds to thousands of worshippers. Have them sacrifice to you and raise the corpses. No need to cart around bags of bones.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AirGuitarGod32 View Post
    thax.

Anyways, during a post, I had an epihiany: Druid Cleric gestalt.
    Epiphany. And if you're using gestalt rules, try to find a combination that has synergies, like ranger/wizard or duskblade/druid. Both druid and cleric have the same base attack bonus and saves, so you won't be gaining anything there. Although they use the same casting stat, they fulfill very similar roles, so you'll simply be able to do everything twice. If you simply plan to alternate levels between druid and cleric, that wouldn't exactly be optimal because you'd be missing out on quite a few epic-level options.

That said, I don't have any experience at high level play, but since its an evil campaign, design a character with as many defenses and as many useful skill modifiers (Spot, Listen, Sense Motive, Bluff, Hide, Move Silently) as possible. Expect players to back stab you. Kill them preemptively, preferably via passing notes to the DM covertly so they don't know who killed them.
    In Dungeons and Dragons, racism is frowned upon, unless you're playing an elf. Then it's an interesting character trait.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

In an epic level campaign, the best gestalt type is Wizard//Archivist, because it lets you get three times as many epic spell slots as you're supposed to.

(The same could also be said of Wizard//Any Divine Spellcasting Class, but as Archivists run on Int... Heck, Any Arcane Casting Class//Archivist would work too. Wu Jen, let's say.)
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Isn't being a divine caster kinda bad if all the gods are dead/dying?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson
    Evil Intelligence is knowing the precise ritual that will allow you to destroy the peaceful kingdom that banished you.

Evil Wisdom is understanding that you probably shouldn’t perform said ritual while you’re standing in the estimated blast radius.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Isn't being a divine caster kinda bad if all the gods are dead/dying?
    That depends....
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Banned

To Biblio: U have a point, except one thing: Cleric Buff and Wildshape. If I wildshape into a Colossal creature using the wildshape combo, then while yes druid and cleric are the same class basically, I can use Natural Spell to buff myself and use any cleric abilities in a bestial form

To Anyone asking on the Divine vs Dead Gods: No. Its mostly the Evil gods. We have 2 evil PCS and the rest, including me, are neutral. Plus, no neutral deities are included. So I could run on a Nature Deity, take War domain, focus on Natural Weapons, ect.