A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Temporary Full BAB?

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone knew any affects that could temporarily boost a characters BAB to full.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Temporary Full BAB?

Divine Power? It's a forth level cleric spell. There's also Tenser's Transformation.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Gonna get ninja'd...

This might be the only way. Unfortunately, it has a range of "personal", so you have to be able to activate a 4th-level Cleric spell.

EDIT: knew it!
    Last edited by Kosjsjach; 2009-12-01 at 12:27 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Sorry, I should Clarify. An affect that boosts a character to full BAB that can be used on anyone.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ring of spell storing with divine power in it.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bookworm702 View Post
    Sorry, I should Clarify. An affect that boosts a character to full BAB that can be used on anyone.
    By anyone, do you mean anyone with UMD? Otherwise, I know of no such things.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bookworm702 View Post
    There's probably a way to cast Divine Power on others, and it probably involves Ocular Spell metamagic. These tricks always do. *sighs*

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Well, you have UMD, Custom Magic Items, or a couple ways to transfer spells to other characters(most involve complicated feat chains or PrC's, though).
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

IIRC, there's a pair of bracers in the Magic Item Compendium that allow somebody who's wearing one of the bracers to cast a personal spell to share it with the person wearing the other bracer, but it halves the duration of the spell on both.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

Rick Venture avatar by kpenguin, his GM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Well, if you're using persist spell, that still lasts 12 hours.

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to know?
    Satomi by Elagune

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    IIRC, there's a pair of bracers in the Magic Item Compendium that allow somebody who's wearing one of the bracers to cast a personal spell to share it with the person wearing the other bracer, but it halves the duration of the spell on both.
    IS there?! O-o What's it called? That would be outrageously useful for me, and I've never noted it.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

DMG2, bracelets of spell sharing ... halves the duration.

13. - Top - End - #13

Kensai 8 (Comp Warrior) has the Instill ability, which allows him to transfer his BAB and/or his base Saves to a recipient for 1 hour. It can only be used once per day, and is limited to one point per class level, but it still rocks. If you have Leadership, a Kensai makes a great companion. Alternatively, you can find something to do that doesn't involve BAB (magic items, some feats, etc) and/or replace your Saves with Concentration effects (Kensai gets to do this with Reflex by default, and you can cover Will and Fort with ToB manuevers). The only downside is that Kensai has 3/4 BAB.

The Instill ability is also noteworthy in that it doesn't have an upper limit on how high your ally's BAB can go up to. So if you're a Warblade 5/Kensai 8 playing with a Crusader 13, you can use Instill to give the Crusader +21 BAB.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Person_Man View Post
    Kensai 8 (Comp Warrior) has the Instill ability, which allows him to transfer his BAB and/or his base Saves to a recipient for 1 hour. It can only be used once per day, and is limited to one point per class level, but it still rocks. If you have Leadership, a Kensai makes a great companion. Alternatively, you can find something to do that doesn't involve BAB (magic items, some feats, etc) and/or replace your Saves with Concentration effects (Kensai gets to do this with Reflex by default, and you can cover Will and Fort with ToB manuevers). The only downside is that Kensai has 3/4 BAB.

The Instill ability is also noteworthy in that it doesn't have an upper limit on how high your ally's BAB can go up to. So if you're a Warblade 5/Kensai 8 playing with a Crusader 13, you can use Instill to give the Crusader +21 BAB.
    Then have the Kensai make his weapon Skillful, so he gets 3/4ths BAB anyways.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!
    Avatar by the incredible CrimsonAngel.
    Saph:It's surprising how many problems can be solved by one druid spell combined with enough aggression.
    I play primarily 3.5 D&D. Most of my advice will be based off of this. If my advice doesn't apply, specify a version in your post.

15. - Top - End - #15

Heart of the Beast, Magic of Faerun p. 160, 2000 GP. One-shot item, eat the heart to confer the effects of divine power for 10 rounds.

This one's somewhat more problematic rules-wise... take the Assume Supernatural Ability feat (Savage Species), polymorph into a Barghest, find some humanoid corpses, and pull out a fork.