New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To harsh? [3.5]

1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: To harsh? [3.5]

Frankly, if you want a "deadly" game then give monsters full hp (or roll for hp if the PCs roll for it) and give them the elite array. For a faster conversion, give monsters a +4, +3, +2, and +1 in their best attributes. RAW monsters are almost always weaker than PCs because of their average hit points and common array ability scores.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by jmbrown View Post
    Frankly, if you want a "deadly" game then give monsters full hp (or roll for hp if the PCs roll for it) and give them the elite array. For a faster conversion, give monsters a +4, +3, +2, and +1 in their best attributes. RAW monsters are almost always weaker than PCs because of their average hit points and common array ability scores.
    I ususaly max NPC hp any way. hmm its a good idea
    When the end comes i shall remember you.

I sorry i fail Englimish...(appologise for Spelling/Grammer Errors) Please don't correct my spelling or grammer eaither.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Just play E6.
    Last edited by Shpadoinkle; 2009-12-01 at 08:49 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jmbrown View Post
    This.

A measly +2 to fort & will saves, and double the HP means the monsters won't go down nearly as fast to save-or-dies and uber-chargers.