New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Divine Melee

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Divine Melee

Hey guys/gals,

Are there any PRCs out there that can be taken by an evil Favored Soul/Ordaned Champion character that also have a full BAB while still increasing the existing Spells known? Also I don't really want to deform his looks.

Sorta like what the Abjurant Champion is to the Arcane.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Divine Melee

You could always just cast Divine Favor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Ring of Evasion means never playing a monk with monk levels again. There is just no reason to dip that stuff. I know we're all about using every part of the buffalo here, but can we just admit that it's inedible?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

True, but if I can raise my Spell casting as well as my BAB then he would be much more effective, especially if someone tries to dispel. I don't want him to neccesarily rely fully on his spells. I want his physical prowess to be able to hold firm if something happens to his spells.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Full BAB and full divine casting would be kind of absurd, especially considering that you can buff yourself to much higher than what a fighter can achieve.

The Hospitaler (Complete Divine) gains full BAB and 7/10 spellcasting. Divine Fist also has full BAB and 8/10 spellcasting, but is probably even further from what you're going for. Beyond that, everything else in Complete Divine is either 5/10, has their own spell list, or less than full BAB.

Other sources you could try are Book of Exalted Deeds, Planar Handbook, or some of the Forgotten Realm sourcebooks.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

Cool, I'll take a look at those. Thanks friends.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Colossus in the Playground

Fist of Raziel [BoED] has 9/10 and full BAB, as does Knight of the Raven [EtCRavenloft] and Bone Knight [5Nations]. I don't remember other such off-hand, and none full BAB + full casting divinists. Though with Divine Power, you can achieve the full BAB with just one persistent buff.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Banned

By RAW, Sacred Fist is 10/10 casting actually - text trumps table.

"When a new sacred fist level is gained, the character gains new spells per day (and spells known, if applicable) as if he had also gained a level in whatever spellcasting class in which he could cast divine spells before adding the prestige class."

It is also full BAB. Good luck getting your DM to agree though
    Last edited by Optimystik; 2009-12-04 at 02:41 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Optimystik View Post
    By RAW, Sacred Fist is 10/10 casting actually - text trumps table.
    This is very interesting. I looked through Complete Divine, and there's at least one other class, Seeker of the Misty Isle, that has different text than table.

At any rate, see if you can get your DM to hand wave the strict deity requirements on Ordained Champion simply to one with the War domain. Otherwise, Fist of Raziel is really your best option. I personally played an Ordained Champion/Fist of Raziel and it is extremely satisfying, even without Divine Metamagic Cheese.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

Most of these are good-specific.

You could refluff them, but you could just as reasonably also swap full BA arcane and psionic class to divine. (Actually, doesn't Abjurant Champ specifically list a divine conversion in its adaption section?)

Try Ruby Knight Vindicator (ToB). Counting a Crusader level for entry, it's 8/11 casting, full BA, extra Swift actions and a handful of manuevers from some of the best schools. Might also take a Cleric dip to join, though.

Edit: Deity issues.
    Last edited by Pluto; 2009-12-04 at 09:00 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Also, Abjurant Champion even works just fine for Divine casters, thanks to the adaptation section. You might also look at Defenders of the Faith, as IIRC it has a wind based class that is full BAB/full casting. For Favored Soul though I would have just suggested to the DM that they get access to the "Battle" variant the sorcs get, then sit back and enjoy being a dragon (FS of Bahamut) with Full BAB/all good saves/d12 hd/arcane and divine magic :)
    "I live apart from you
    But I know the things you do
    No angel can save you, how?
    You don't need a god, 'cause I'm here now."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

I almost forgot the Hexer from Masters of the Wild:

You need to be vaguely monstrous and need to learn Lightning bolt somehow, but the class delivers 10/10 casting, full BA, 5 Sorcerer spells to add to your spell list, Charisma-based Hex abilities and good saves IIRC.
    Last edited by Pluto; 2009-12-04 at 08:59 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
    I almost forgot the Hexer from Masters of the Wild:

You need to be vaguely monstrous and need to learn Lightning bolt somehow, but the class delivers full casting, full BA, 5 Sorcerer spells to add to your spell list, Charisma-based Hex abilities and good saves IIRC.
    Omfg yes. Also, style points for being the class that breaks the archivist :) Heck, combine that with some save debuffs and then unleash the Wailing. Good luck with that DC 30 save when you've got a -12 to the check :D
    "I live apart from you
    But I know the things you do
    No angel can save you, how?
    You don't need a god, 'cause I'm here now."