New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default D%D 3.5. CON augmentation

I was going through de MiC and i started to wonder, how many items are there that improve Constitution?
    I have not found nearly as many as i thought i would find, i just know of the Amulet of health and that's pretty much it. Do you guys know of any others?
    And is there some way to Add COn to the damage dealt on melee (mind you, not replacing Str, but adding its modifier)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: D%D 3.5. CON augmentation

It doesn't much matter how many there are: they're almost certainly enhancement bonuses and don't stack.

That said, I seem to recall a polymorph Magic Item you could use to get an absurdly high Con, then tack on the enhancement.

Edit: As it mentions in the thread linked to below, my favorite way to get Con to damage is greater insightful strike. Change my damage die to 2d20, and my modifier to double a skill check? Yes please. Could you include an item familiar and crystal mask on that, or are there not meal deals?
    Last edited by golentan; 2009-12-08 at 11:06 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NekoJoker View Post
    I was going through de MiC and i started to wonder, how many items are there that improve Constitution?
    I have not found nearly as many as i thought i would find, i just know of the Amulet of health and that's pretty much it. Do you guys know of any others?
    And is there some way to Add COn to the damage dealt on melee (mind you, not replacing Str, but adding its modifier)
    They there's a way to get Con to hit and/or damage, it is here.

As for boosting Con, play a Mongrelfolk (LA+0, +4) Dragonborn of Bahamut (-2 Dex, additionaly +2 Con) for hilarty. Use an Amulet of Health, Manual of [Consitution] +5, level up stat boosts, Persisted Righteous Wrath, Persisted Giant Size, and Persisted Greater Visage of the Deity for maximum Con.

Actually doing this in game may prove more than slightly difficult, to be fair, as Mongrelfolk take a serious penalty to Cha.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Peace View Post
    "See these cookies? Note how while good they taste sort of bland. Now try these, they're the same cookies but with chocolate chips added. Notice how with the second batch we expended slightly more ingredients but dramatically enhanced the flavor? That's metamagic."
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Seriously, can we kill this misconception now? A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He shops for precisely what he means to.

Winner of Junkyard Wars 31.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

See if you can convince the DM to allow items to grant odd bonuses to ability scores for twice the cost (it's the way it's given for saves of odd types)

5. - Top - End - #5

Hammer of Earth, Magic of Rokugan.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fist of the Forest has a nice Con to AC... not that that helps.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A: True Neutral Human Sorcerer (2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-19
    Dexterity-14
    Constitution-16
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-13
    Charisma-8

Stone cold love to Nevitan, kudos for the Avatar.