New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default (3.5) Optimising an aspergillum

When I saw the heavy aspergillum in Races of Faerun I decided it would be a nice, thematic emergency weapon for a certain type of character. This is what I've got so far:

Alchemical silver heavy aspergillum w/oil chamber - 1,490 gp
    +1 Toxic Evil Outsider Bane - 18,000 gp

Holy water - 3 doses - 75 gp
    Jade water - 1 dose (2 with Toxic) - 350 gp

Thoughts? Ways to improve the save DC for the jade water?
    Last edited by Grumman; 2009-12-18 at 06:32 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: (3.5) Optimising an aspergillum

What is jade water from?
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!

3. - Top - End - #3

It's a poison ravage from the Book of Exalted Deeds.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Sacred from Libris Mortis is a +1 equiv that gives +2d6 damage against evil outsiders, and +1d6 vs undead. Also flavors your weapon with [Good], allowing you to bypass DR. If you are gonna be smitin tha fiends, its the best damage/bonus you can get.

Also, consider picking up Spellstoring and throwing in a Poison spell from a drood. This could do some damage and also lower the foe's resistance to the Jade Water.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY!

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    Sacred from Libris Mortis is a +1 equiv that gives +2d6 damage against evil outsiders, and +1d6 vs undead. Also flavors your weapon with [Good], allowing you to bypass DR. If you are gonna be smitin tha fiends, its the best damage/bonus you can get.
    Thanks, that's a good idea. I'll have the Good alignment covered from my class, but an extra 2d6 damage is always handy.

Also, consider picking up Spellstoring and throwing in a Poison spell from a drood. This could do some damage and also lower the foe's resistance to the Jade Water.
    I would, but anything worth bludgeoning with a holy water dispensing mace is probably going to be immune to regular poisons - demons are, devils are and undead are, too.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Uh, this idea is awesome and everything, but I has me a question: what's Toxic, and where's it from? Also, what is an oil chamber? And I assume alchemical silver is the "I own werewolves" material, yes?

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Uh, this idea is awesome and everything, but I has me a question: what's Toxic, and where's it from?
    Toxic is from Drow of the Underdark, and lets you get twice as many hits out of a single dose of poison.

Also, what is an oil chamber?
    An equipment modification from Dungeonscape that lets you coat the item with an oil as a swift action. It's normally not recommended to use poison in it, since you are automatically caught in the spray as well, but ravages only affect evil creatures so that's not a concern.

And I assume alchemical silver is the "I own werewolves" material, yes?
    Yes, but more importantly in this case, it's the "I own devils" material.
    Last edited by Grumman; 2009-12-18 at 05:03 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Ah. Many thanks. I was hoping Toxic would be better (something like letting you make your own poisons in the weapon), but that's decent enough I guess. +1 enchantment, yeah?

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

9. - Top - End - #9

That's correct.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Complete Champion has an aspergillum that can create its own Holy Water 3/day. It's not a weapon, but you can combine that with the heavy aspergillum's cost and make it one.

Eberron Red Hand of Doom Campaign Journal. NOW COMPLETE!
    Sakuya Izayoi avatar by Mr. Saturn. Caella sig by Neoseph.

"I dunno, you just gave me the image of a nerd flying slow motion over a coffee table towards another nerd, dual wielding massive books. It was awesome." -- Marriclay

11. - Top - End - #11

BlueKnightGuy

Wow, when I clicked on this thread I expected something totally ridiculous about this stuff and totally forgot about this thing.